Story Driven. 2 RP's -Middle-Ages & Warhammer (TOW) M4F + More Fantasy / History

Started by Wings Over Land, April 24, 2018, 04:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wings Over Land

Good afternoon, evening, or whatever moment this message finds you.

For some time I've been craving two particular stories, which I will briefly outline here. However, before reading further I would suggest that you take a look at my signature for more detail on who I am, what I'm interested in, and to give yourself an idea if we would be a good fit. Briefly I would say that I am looking for a partner of like-mind. I consider myself literate, invested, and detail oriented. I am looking for a partner who feels the same way. While this is an adult role playing forum and our story will certainly have a degree of smut, I am searching for story. If you consider the story, character interaction, and world building to be some of your primary motivators then I think that we might be a good fit. I roleplay male characters as main characters and characters of whatever sex/gender as secondary characters. I am happy to write as GM might write, or, as a partner would. In general, I am flexible towards the needs and interests of my partners and look forward to finding a style of RP that fits the two of us. I am happy to roleplay con to noncon, the degrees of which between would be for both of us to decide while plotting these stories.

Okay, enough babbling - here are the two stories I am looking for.

Old Enemies, New Loves
For this story historicity as applied to a wholly unique world of our own creation would be the order of the day. I am looking for a raw, unique, and non-fantasy approach to the middle ages (think Vikings without the evident intervention of actual powerful beings). The area that the RP would be concerned with would be a collection of small fiefdoms controlled by a loose confederation of minor monarchs and warlords in a pseudo Mediterranean (meaning the north and the southern coastlines) area. This collection of small fiefdoms are only recently confederated together out of necessity instead of friendship or ties hereditary ties. Facing an invasion from the west by an old enemy long forgotten, these formerly warring fiefdoms have banded together in order to prevent the onslaught of the conquering western King.

Your Character: A cunning woman/girl of minor noble birth from an unimportant family whose lands have suddenly become important for their strategic value. Controlling one of the only deepwater ports the small city that they control the island just off of the coast can both serve as a place to land reinforcements and supplies needed for the war effort to the west. Their lands border one small Kingdom to the west that is all that preventing their own invasion - this land to the west is one of the major battlefields and the no man's land that stands between most of the eastern fiefdom's and the invading enemies. Their port is now an important strategic location, their family, not. Their coffers taxed by the war effort and their name of little importance in negotiating how best to use this port, they have sought outside help.

My Character: Not a King but a Warlord from one north eastern fiefdoms. He is the son of the King of his lands but does not stand to inherit his own lands due to his brother's likely claim to that throne. A stout warrior and a strategic general he has pledged his small army to the defense of their western neighbors. His people had formerly been at war with your character's people over several border disputes of annexed land on the outer edges of both kingdoms but now with a common enemy the two countries have signed a tentative peace treaty. However, during battle, my character and your character's father had forged a strong friendship as they worked together to keep an enemy who respected the border of neither kingdom and saw them as one in the same.

The story and the conflict: During one of the most recent battles to the west the King of your character's yet to be named lands (you decide!) had fallen in battle. Before his death he had forged a deal with his new friend to cement their two countries together once and for all. He, knowing his family had little political or military power, would abdicate his throne and marry his daughter (your character) to mine. With no knowledge of this new arrangement and during the winter when no battles could even possibly be fought, my character marches his army towards your character's city with a letter signed in the late King's own hand and his body. Wedding preparations are to begin at once, whether either party really wants to or not. Both are hesitant, but both likely see the importance of such a merger. Unfortunately, neither bothered in their own schooling to learn the other's language!

This story will be full of conflict not only due to the language constraint (which will ease over time, of course) but due to the nature of their marriage and the rough ways of my character's people coming into contact with the more easy, approachable ways of your character's people. It should be fun & interesting, at least I would hope.

Warhammer (non-con/dub-con)
I will keep this one far shorter than the previous idea as there is much to work with here. I am looking, first and foremost, for someone who is mildly knowledgeable about the Warhammer Fantasy world, or, failing that, if you interested to learn through your own writing and our story, that would be fantastic too! Only a minor amount of edification would be required for someone to get started in writing a story in this world.

A brief overview of what the Warhammer Fantasy world is: The Old and New Worlds (think Europe, Africa and the Americas) are lands fraught with disaster, terror, and, as the name of the title of the series of games and books says, war. War is the history of the planet Mallus - war was its beginning and war will be its end. There are great Kingdom's and Empire's of humans of different sorts, Kingdom's and Realms of wood elves, high elves, and dark elves, badlands and mountain ranges ravaged by savage green-skinned orc tribes, deep holds where the dwarfs survive the onslaught of the ever impending green tide and he meance from below, frigid wastes where humans interact, bed, and are enslaved by the demonic forces of chaos, untained jungles to the south where the reptillian forces of order march against their eternal chaotic foes, deep warrens where the rat-like skaven dwell, plotting their destruction of the surface, and dark and desolate lands where the vampires of the world and their undead hosts have taken control of once fruitful duchys, kingdoms, and empires. Warhammer is diverse, frightful, and wonderful (on occasion). It is a land rife with strife and splendor.

I would be looking for a partner interested in writing a non-con evolving to dub-con RP in this setting. Your character would either be a human from The Empire of Man, Kislev, Bretonnia, The New World Colonies, an elf from the Wood Elven realm or Athel Loren, or a high elf of their smaller island kingdoms.

My character would be from one of the more savage bestial races, the Orcs, The Lizardmen (my favorite, but idc really), the Beastmen, or, actually, a Wood Elf Warlord. I am even happy to play multiple main characters throughout the passage of time.

The story would center around your character's misadventures after her village / city is sacked by one of the afore mentioned enemies. There is very little planned out here, and while I want an interstesting story to be interwoven into this, it is likely this one would be slightly smut heavy. However, I have many interesting story ideas to go on. This one, though, will require the two of us to sit down for a while and figure out where to go with it!

Thank you for reviewing these ideas. My preferred method of writing with a partner is via discord. I will write on the forums here if I have to, but I find that discord is easier for plotting, keeping up communication, and having separate rooms where we can has out ideas and just leave them for each-other to read!

If you happen to read this and aren't interested in one of these stories but are interested in something you found found in the link in my signature or interested in me as a partner for one of your ideas, please drop me a message. I would greatly appreciate it. Here is a brief taste of some of the things I am interested in.

You'll find that I am open to almost any idea and, even if I eventually decide not to go forward with it, I will give it as much consideration as it deserves! That being said, some things, at least to me, deserve less consideration than others, but that consideration is merely a personal preference. The following is a brief list of parameters that interest me in a partner and a story, followed by my more particular on's and off's.

Historical Settings: I will RP in almost any setting aside from the modern setting. I live here, I don't want to role-play in it, it is boring, in my opinion. The following is a list of my favorite settings. Antiquity: meaning the ancient world, Greece, Rome, Persia, East Asia, the ancient Americas. The Medieval Period: Mostly Europe and East Asia, as my knowledge in this period extends only towards these areas. The Early Modern Period: Meaning anything after the fall of feudalism (though including Russia) to the enlightenment.  Generally I will not roleplay past the 18th century.

Genre: Canon worlds don't often interest me, though there are a few that will. I will list them in the next section. Outside of particular canon, I am most interested in fantasy and science fiction. However, even though these are fantastical settings, I prefer elements of realism in all things. Magic could be real, high technology could be real, science could almost appear to be magic - but they need to be grounded in real experience. The world is a gritty place, these settings shouldn't change that. I prefer to mingle fantasy and science fiction within historical periods, adapting them for their own use, or creating custom worlds.

Canon Worlds: Canon worlds that I am interested in writing in, if given the chance. Note: I do not like writing with canon characters, except in the background. The World of Norrath (Everquest), The Star Wars Universe, The World(s) of Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX, and X, Avatar (the anime, not the blue aliens), though I need to learn a bit more, Legend of Legaia (if you know what this means, I will love you forever), Middle-Earth (maybe), The Fallout World (preferably 4, or a custom area we decide), and The Elder Scrolls (I prefer Morrowind or Skyrim).

Heavy Interest in a Canon World At the moment I am heavily interested in writing within the canon world of Warhammer: The Old World and The New World (not 40k). If you don't know much about this world, but would like to learn, I'm happy to teach!

A Note on Custom Worlds: I have a number of custom worlds, cultures, races, religions, and universes at my disposal. I have carefully crafted these over a number of years and would love to share them with you. They are generally fantasy realms which fall into the periods between antiquity and the Early Modern Period. If you are interested in exploring these with me, please let me know and we can talk about them privately! Warning: These come with a ton of detail and a small learning curve, but I have always received good feedback on them from partners who have RPed in them. I hope you will enjoy them. They are living breathing worlds, and your character will change them!

Themes: The following themes are my preferred area of writing within my stories, we can include as many or as few as you might like. Character Development: I like our characters to be at the forefront of everything, let's work on them, together, and make them complicated as sentient beings should be. Power Dynamics: The world is a place teeming with power, how these relationships are handled are incredibly interesting to me. Complex Relationships: Nothing should ever be simple. Conflict: The world is full of it, whether this is between families, cities, nations, or worlds, it is everywhere. I like chaotic settings. Dominance: Yeah I know a lot of people have this one, but I like playing dominant characters, its fun. Note: No matter how my character might treat yours, you will never be treated as anything other than an equal out of character. Arranged Marriage or Slavery: These are interesting concepts to explore, they certainly cause conflict! War: It is a fantastic backdrop! Inter-Species or Inter-Racial Relationships: This goes along with complexity. I don't always enjoy playing only humans, sometimes that gets boring. Do you like Orcs? Dragon people? Elves? Bestial creatures? I do too, sometimes!

You may add me on discord at WalksN2Mordor #8989

Wings Over Land

Bump! Added additional content.