Seeker thread for Battlestar Galactica campaign

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, January 01, 2012, 01:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elven Sex Goddess

I am looking to start a Battlestar Galactica  campaign.    Canon characters will be non player characters within the campaign.   However it will be design to tell the story of the untold others.  The original characters of the players.   

Depending on interest and character concepts created.   The campaign will either follow a  Viper Group aboard  Galactica.   With players being either colony fleet or colony marines.     

Or a civilian covert operative team that operates for the President of the colonies.

Or finally a completely civilian trader ship.   With its own small crew and a few of refuges that have been allowed on board.     

In either of the cases the campaign will be designed with missions.   From rescues,  explorations,   retrievals, etc...

Players characters come from one of the twelve colonies.    Cylon skins;  only one will be allowed.   With a good back story and reason to be there.   Not just because it is cool.  What motivation brings him or her to this point.      Finally the campaign will be set in NC.   However, the campaign is not based on a sexual theme.    Instead romance,  the complications and how it plays with the group.   Is the character a poly in his worship of the old gods or is he a follower of the relatively new monolithic deity being worshiped.

As for system or non system.  I hope to run the game using the Battlestar Galactica RPG rules.    However if need be a non system game can be created.       

Sanai

Sounds interesting, I feel focusing around a viper squadron would be good. Will it be onboard the galactica/pegasus, or maybe a seperate ship entirely?
What have I become?
My Sweetest Friend..
Everyone I know..
Goes Away in the End.
You Could have it All...
My Empire of Dirt
I will Let you down...
I will make you Hurt.

Aybara

I'd be interested as well, just trying to come up with ideas for the different settings there. If it's a choice between connecting us with the Galactica or Pegasus, Pegasus gives us more freedom early on but the atmosphere on their ship is pretty horrible and wouldn't be too appealing to me, still it could have some good RP moments.

playfullchick76

I would be interested in being a part of this. I followed the series well enough to play as a viper pilot, from Virgon. Galactica or Pegasus, I would be ok with either.

Elven Sex Goddess

Thank you to all who have shown interest so far.   I see that so far the prevailing theme so far is as viper pilots.    As I mentioned in the opening introduction post.    With such a theme for the campaign.    Players can be viper pilots of the colonial fleet.   An as well as colonial fleet grease monkeys assigned to the group.     In addition quite plausible for colonial marines assigned to the group.   For missions planet side. 

Now three choices,  the group is on Galactica or Pegasus or finally a group.   On a civilian ship that escaped from planet side.   As the fleet was wiped out and the twelve worlds was nuked.     Such a scenario with the third option.   Would also give a story line of the group trying to find the others while evading and battling cylons in guerrilla tactics for survival.   

Aybara

I'd be more than happy with any of those three. General atmosphere and interactions between the characters will be quite important and the real driving force.

I thought about it a bit more and I was thinking if you wanted to have a real atmosphere of paranoia amongst the players have the skin jobs look different than we know so even if someone decides to use Angelina Jolie as the picture for there character then there's no reason to think out of character that they can't be a cylon. Of course just because we have the option for one player to be a cylon no reason that there has to be one, half the fun I found in playing the BSG board game is suspecting people are cylons and of course there are sleeper agent cylons to consider where the GM could send a PM after several months of roleplaying to talk about their character having been a cylon all along unwittingly with a player.

Elven Sex Goddess

Aybara;  I really like your proposal on Cylon skin jobs.    Models not revealed during the show.   Which would allow for suspicion to grow.  A sort of paranoia that the person working along side of you could be a Cylon.   Especially if they don't act in a way that one person or persons might deem normal to another.     

Aybara

The start point offers a lot of opportunities to us as well. For example going right back to the start of the show could show our characters even military ones unused to violence and death on a scale anywhere near this but later on could have the interesting dynamic of now veteran fighter pilots flying in formation beside newly trained inexperienced viper pilots who formerly worked flying civilian transports or crop dusters. Just something I started considering. Later on would have the characters with the united theme of viper pilots/marines/deck crew having even more varied backgrounds but that is something that could develop over time regardless of the start point.

I had the idea earlier and wanted to pitch possibly being on a different military vessel possibly a smaller one such as a frigate of some kind with maybe one wing of vipers and a raptor, no atomics unlike Galactica and Pegasus. Basically just enough freedom and independence from the main ships but still a military ship with room for all the varied types of military personal. The PCs could still go on shore leave to cloud nine and go about the rest of the fleet but the ship and it's crew could be sent on the small missions you spoke of independent of the main fleet. Possibly the small ship is aging and mostly used to dealing with pilots and smugglers and of course no threat to bay star with some daring do from PCs!

Elven Sex Goddess

Aybara;   That also is another option I thought of,  an  falls under the third option in creating the start point for a campaign.    An one of the reason a small military frigate with  a small viper group could have survived.   Comes with a simple explanation.   One the older viper mark II were not effected.    As the newer Viper Mark VII's were.   Which basically are the newer  and up to date models of the colonial fleet which come equipped with  Dr. Gaius Baltar's navigational software. Along with the majority of the Colonial Fleet, this software allowed the Cylons to remotely disable the Vipers and other colonial fleet ships due to this fact.     However,  Mark II were not equipped   Battlestar galactica had forty of them.        So it would not be far fetched to stay a older ship of the line doing routine yet far reaching patrols  could still be in use with a small group of the mark IIs.   

A start point of just before the horrific events of the annihilation of the twelve colonies.   The scope of such,  how the characters deal with it.    Offers a good starting point.     

Sanai

I like it, gives us some autonomy to have our own storyline and our own command structure (though eventually we would probably meet up with galactica and fall under its command)

Ima think ill play a viper pilot, maybe squadron leader?
What have I become?
My Sweetest Friend..
Everyone I know..
Goes Away in the End.
You Could have it All...
My Empire of Dirt
I will Let you down...
I will make you Hurt.

playfullchick76

Definately, that works. I did have an idea in my mind, about me being a sleeper cylon, only, I have no intention of turning on my fellow pilots, if that works.

Elven Sex Goddess

Now the question on system or free form.     Either works for me.    So put in your input and we can get started. 

In either case,  here is a character sheet that encompasses free form.;

QuoteName:

Home world:

Position:

File Photos:

Physical Stats:  (Hair, eye color,  height and weight.)

Back Ground Bio:  (Note if doe create a hidden Cylon  a false back history goes here that the character believes to be true.   The true background will be private sent to me.)

Reia

I'd love to take part of this - and I'm definitely up for being a pilot.
[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

Elven Sex Goddess

Welcome Reia,  sounds good  with the choice being a pilot.   

Sorry didn't get back sooner.    Overslept this morning and was in a rush to get out the door for work.

Also input on freeform or the battlestar galactica rpg rule system.     

Reia

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on January 06, 2012, 09:41:41 PM
Welcome Reia,  sounds good  with the choice being a pilot.   

Sorry didn't get back sooner.    Overslept this morning and was in a rush to get out the door for work.

Also input on freeform or the battlestar galactica rpg rule system.   

That's okay - very understandable. As for which, I've never used the BSG system. I'm fine with whichever, but if th ed BSG system is used, I'd need to know the rules.
[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

Aybara

Just a bump and I'm hoping there's still some interest among the others still and maybe a few new people.