Zombie Hunters (Seeking GM for NC Exotic)

Started by avt2, February 15, 2014, 02:06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avt2

Hey all!

So myself and another fellow (Darwishi) were thinking of writing a story about two college roommates, both sophomores, who become zombie hunters during the zombie apocalypse! These zombies turn people into zombies by raping them, but our gals are somehow immune, and this immunity gives them special powers that aid them in their quest to survive and murder as many of the rapey sons-of-bitches as possible. Did I mention there was rape?

We'll start the thread off right at the very beginning of the apocalypse, have them survive for a couple of days, and probably fast-forward a little to the post-apocalypse after that. In the post-apocalypse, many of the remaining humans have come together into bandit groups that pillage and raid and take their booty back to their bandit "cities". We'll explain more when you apply, but you'll be the GM, playing rapey zombies, rapey bandits, and I guess some normal people too!

It's fully possible that the thread may have started with just the two of us between when I posted this ad and when you saw it, but unless this thread says POSITION FILLED, please do apply. You can let us know that you're interested by replying to this thread, and please feel free to ask any questions you might have!

Here's a little info about the gals!

Felicity Fox: Geek, amateur wrestler, engineering student                            Sydney O'Sullivan: Military brat, volleyball player, party girl

Nameless One

As avt2 suggested, I'm posting here my "application" as GM for this story.  ;D
It is "Torment". It is that which draws all tormented souls to you. The flesh knows it suffers, even when the mind has forgotten. And so you wear the rune always.

Ons and Offs

Darwishi

Hey Nameless One! I was looking through your ons/offs and wanted to know if they're still accurate?  The only reason I ask is because there's a gore/violence off in there and this game kind of lends itself towards both of those.  Now granted we took out the eating people of the zombies into raping them, but they're still able to fight and then our girls will have to lop the heads off of zombies in order to kill them. It doesn't have to be a bloody spectacle or anything, but it's still considered gore.  I just kind of wanted to know your limits on that...

If you're still interested, we'd like to hear your ideas on how you'd GM the game. ^_^

Lirliel

Well.. I'd be interested in this as well, if you'd have me. I like the idea, also as far as 'gory' zombies, are we talking the 'we look like we crawled out of a grave'-variety, or more like infected humans, like people with erm.. popping veins etc. sort of like the Infected in 28 Days later?

Also.. what else do you need filled?
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Darwishi

More like the 28 days later version, I guess.  Only these don't go "dormant" they'd full on die without converting someone. Kind of with a mix of "I am Legend" zombies that don't like the sunlight and are a teeny bit intelligent.  Not enough to drive a car or fix one up or anything, but just above a baseline.  They can lay a trap, for example, they know to hide in the dark.  Inside is a great time during the day, which could make going into stores for food and such somewhat hazardous. You're looking to GM, right Lirliel?

As for what else we need filled...eh heh...the heroines of the story! (bad rape joke...)

Ahem, basically bandits...we were kind of thinking about Book of Eli for those guys.  There are those that live between towns on their own, preying on anyone that passes (or trying to) and then others that have a little more "leadership" that have started towns or taken over small ones that have a few more forces and do what they want.  Basically anyone in the story that aren't Felicity and Sydney needs the GM to play them.  Avt2 and I were going to play out a bit of the prologue by ourselves and really throw the girls into the mix full on.  During their first few days they'll have to gather supplies and figure out how they're going to survive/figure out their powers/discover the idea of hunting the zombies. 

We have a good idea of how we want to introduce the zombies, which is why we thought up playing out the prologue on our own.  Then perhaps after they're introduced the GM could come in to provide challenges for the characters and what they run into.  We'll do a bit of establishing how they survive and then probably jump ahead a couple of years when most of (but not all) of the zombie population has died.  There will be a couple of "normal" cities with walls around them, the bandit towns, wandering bandits (scavengers?), and stuff like that.

Is that what you were asking? I hope I answered that alright.

Wicked Vixen

The three sexiest things ever said...

"I believe that whatever doesn't kill you..simply makes you.......Stranger...."

"You see, madness, as you know....,is like gravity.....All it takes is a little push......"

"Since distance equals velocity times time, let's let velocity and time approach infinity, because I want to go all the way with you."

Lirliel

I think you missed your calling as a pun writer dear ;)

Alright, so basically infected humans that can in turn infect other humans by raping them. Which goes all ways I suspect, some whoever rapes whoever gets infected. Clearly from what I read, the infection will die out over time, leading to the rise of sheltered communities and the 'dark roads' that lay between them. Why are the two girls traveling the roads though instead of y'know doing what the rest of the world is doing and sealing themselves up, why do they take the dangerous road of walking around scavenging stuff.

Also how much do you think would be left, more a 'Mad Max' type of vibe, or something more akin to the Walking Dead, in which the towns all look relatively like they did back before the 'incident' shall we say.

Just trying to get a feel on what you were going for.
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Darwishi

I should have been a writer on CSI, they do the bad puns all the time!

Generally speaking I think we're going with that it's in the sex juices or some such that transmits the zombification or whatever.  Which essentially would make it the worst STD on the planet? lol

The majority of zombies die out over time.  There will be pockets of zombies horded up in caves or old towns or whatever after the couple of years.  As for why don't they stay home and be safe? They're the only two immune to it, and they also have something in the way of powers.  In terms of power on that level we're thinking Buffy-esque. Strength, speed, healing, but nothing too crazy just something that they may not have noticed (if you ever saw Unbreakable with Bruce Willis, much in that fashion...they don't realize they have powers until they need said powers).

Sadly I've not seen Mad Max nor the Walking Dead so I don't know.  The latter of which is filmed within twenty miles of me which makes it even worse lol.  Likely though some kind of inbetween of those? From what I understand Walking Dead is where everything looks pretty much the same but suffers from overgrowth of the grass and weeds and such?  That's kind of what we're talking about, a very overgrown world (only two years since the outbreak afterall when we jump forward) There are various factions from town to town, the "major" cities have walls around them and slightly larger populations.

Working our way back to why our girls are out there and not inside the safety of a city like that is because so long as there's any zombies left there's a chance that the outbreak could happen all over again and wipe out the rest of humanity. 

Also we were thinking that over time the zombies get smarter and smarter.  So they might start out as rape, rape, rape, but after a week they learn that they can't just do that because there's not as many people left.  They have to hunt, so they learn (through trial and error) how to hunt. They learn to set up traps over time, and ultimately as large portions of the zombie population die out due to not feeding, they learn how to survive on a few portions of humans. Often bandits and scavengers since they're not protected in the walled-off cities.  Though I could see some factions of zombies plotting to get inside the walls.

And then there are our hunters that...well hunt the zombies down.  They also have (kinda like Buffy) the ability to sense zombies and track them down.  Part of it's learned part instinct.  Those kinds of things.  I see our girls stopping in to major cities (kind of having a legend after the two years about them) and resupplying.  Some people probably think they're awesomesauce, some probably hate them, some would like to take them down a notch, and so on.  Criminals would likely be exiled from the cities, which is likely where you get these bandit towns or the scavenger bandits.

In the beginning of the game though it's a major college city with all the chaos of a zombie outbreak to go with it, and our girls for one figuring out that they're immune and two that they have powers, then trying to figure out what they'll do with that information.  At points there might be a lot of posting between Felicity and Sydney without a need for a GM post until they decide what to do (or if the GM wants to throw trouble their way that's fine too), and then the GM figures out what kind of obstacles they'll run into.  For fights and stuff we'll be relying on one post each and then a GM post. 

While it's freeform, you could decided to use a behind-the-scenes dice roll if you really wanted to add some randomization to the fighting.  It's not necessary, you could just make a judgement call. We're leaving a lot of that kind of stuff up to the GM.

I just thought of this, but perhaps instead of just doing the one time jump two years into the future, we could do the first couple of days in the chaos of the outbreak, then jump a week or two ahead of that, then a few months then the two years?  Not sure if that's too much time jumping or not, it may be easier to jump the two years and for us to post how they got better at it over time.  We definitely want to do some in the first few days after the outbreak to set up how they've been surviving.

Hope that helps! We have a ton of stuff figured out, it's just difficult to get it all down in a single post.  Much easier to answer questions. ^_^

Lirliel

Aye you should have been.

Alright, well judging from everything you've written up, I like the whole idea of it. And I have seen Unbreakable, so I know what you mean by those type of Super Powers.

Also would the girls be interested in perhaps finding out where the 'zombies' are coming from, though we should start calling them infected, because that's what they are really. Just infected humans.

I was thinking perhaps there would be some sort of doctor conducting tests on infected, trying to see what makes them tick, what leads to their behavior, trying to re-educate them shall we say. Perhaps he was even among the first people who screwed the world over by creating the 'drug' the lead to the infection.. who  knows.

Darwishi

I think we want to stray away from their being a cure for the zombies.  If they become too intelligent or if there is a way to turn them back then the hunters are less heroes and more murderers so yeah, just stray away from those kinds of ideas.  And I'm not sure about infected even, my thoughts, I haven't discussed it with avt2 yet, is that with all the tests run they can't isolate what makes them different or else can't figure out a way to reverse it.  Could be a lot of things from radiation to a mad scientist, but I would definitely stray away from potential cures.

Not that people wouldn't be working towards one, but they never find it, kind of a thing.  When I mentioned 28 days later or I am Legend, I meant in looks alone.  You can tell someone is a zombie, but they look more human.  Their flesh (at least at first) isn't falling off...not unless they're dying (again?). Definitely want them to be zombies, though, not just "infected".

Oh! I did forget to mention that the zombies, male ones especially, have sex/cum powers, but only special ones (probably the more intelligent ones later on) have the ability to create a cum fountain out of a girl.  Perhaps that's how they've evolved to stay alive in some way or another.  Doesn't really matter, avt2 and I are big fans of excessive cum. =P

Nameless One

Well, the "violence" Off in my page is still true, but I'm pretty sure that a zombie roleplay won't be uncomfortable for me. My Off is more towards "cruelty, inflicting pain, torturing characters and making them cry rivers of tears".

In this case, violence is more of the splatter, grotesque, cartoonish kind, and I'm perfectly fine with that: I figure your girls blowing up heads, cutting away limbs and generally turning their drooling undead enemies into minced meat, and sounds like a lot of fun.

And I'm OK with your ideas about zombies (no cure, no infection but walking deads, excessive cum, occasional special zombie). My ideas follows Max Brooks: at first, when their muscles, bones and tendons are still in good condition, zombies are quick. They can run, have more coordination and better sight, hearing and smell. The more their bodies rot, the slower and number they get, turning from 28 days later to Romero. What do you think?

I'd like to work on the scenario with you, and know how many players are we going to have. Oh and very important: ons and offs, please, and scenes you's really really like to see in the game.

About the Game Mastering: I'm for a freeform game, but I'm OK if you prefer a system. Your heroines will have a main quest (we'll decide what it's like) which will develop through a series of adventures, and as many side quests as you're willing to play. Side quests will be useful to provide weapons, ammo, fuel, vehicles, allies, information and so on.
It is "Torment". It is that which draws all tormented souls to you. The flesh knows it suffers, even when the mind has forgotten. And so you wear the rune always.

Ons and Offs

Lirliel

Alright here's my basic concept for the game.

It'll feature a semi-realistic approach to survival, we'll jump from the Outbreak, which is nation-wide, somehow nobody knows what exactly went wrong, but clearly a lot of shit did go wrong, to two weeks, in which the military tries to get a handle on things, to six months, in which the military was defeated and people left to fend for themselves. This leads to the rise of gated communities acting as havens of safety and keeping those they deem unworthy or who are suspected of housing infected away, by lethal force or otherwise.

And finally the game which starts at year two, with the first great 'problems' under control the zombies have somewhat withdrawn from the communities who have begun sending search teams into the cities to look for supplies, a dangerous task which often pits them against gangs of armed raiders and lurking zombies who hide away inside the abandoned cities. Most of these communities are more then happy to take help from outside sources, a few crazy or dangerous enough individuals calling themselves Seekers (or whatever cooler name you have for them) who will hunt in return for a place to sleep, a bit of food etc.

Firearms have begun to become scarce, or at least ammunition for them and seeing people with a gun is a pretty surefire way of knowing they are somebody to be respected/feared.

That's my basic idea for the game, I'll do some behind the scenes rolling for things so it'll be up to the dice if for example you can light a fire without knowing how, during the first year period that is, I imagine afterwards living off the land becomes easier.

Let me know what you think of my ideas.

Darwishi

Quote from: Wicked Vixen on February 16, 2014, 06:38:25 PM
This looks awesome

Is this an "application" to become a GM, or simply commenting on the game? We'll be posting up a link to it shortly!

Quote from: Nameless One on February 17, 2014, 01:56:21 AM
Well, the "violence" Off in my page is still true, but I'm pretty sure that a zombie roleplay won't be uncomfortable for me. My Off is more towards "cruelty, inflicting pain, torturing characters and making them cry rivers of tears".

In this case, violence is more of the splatter, grotesque, cartoonish kind, and I'm perfectly fine with that: I figure your girls blowing up heads, cutting away limbs and generally turning their drooling undead enemies into minced meat, and sounds like a lot of fun.

And I'm OK with your ideas about zombies (no cure, no infection but walking deads, excessive cum, occasional special zombie). My ideas follows Max Brooks: at first, when their muscles, bones and tendons are still in good condition, zombies are quick. They can run, have more coordination and better sight, hearing and smell. The more their bodies rot, the slower and number they get, turning from 28 days later to Romero. What do you think?

I'd like to work on the scenario with you, and know how many players are we going to have. Oh and very important: ons and offs, please, and scenes you's really really like to see in the game.

About the Game Mastering: I'm for a freeform game, but I'm OK if you prefer a system. Your heroines will have a main quest (we'll decide what it's like) which will develop through a series of adventures, and as many side quests as you're willing to play. Side quests will be useful to provide weapons, ammo, fuel, vehicles, allies, information and so on.

I'll be honest. I'm really getting hung up on the "off" there.  The bits about inflicting pain on characters and such could be problematic.  While our hunters will, indeed, kick a lot of ass and kill tons of zombies they will also get beat up by raiders, zombies, and raped.  There will be lots of punching and kicking, and raping. So again I'm not sure how that off fits into all of that.  I get your okay with our characters kicking ass, but are you okay with them getting their asses kicked on occasion too?

It'll just be avt2 and I for the players, I thought that was something mentioned already?  I might be mistaken.  You can find my Ons/Offs linked in my signature, they haven't changed drastically in a while.

Quote from: Lirliel on February 17, 2014, 12:17:40 PM
Alright here's my basic concept for the game.

It'll feature a semi-realistic approach to survival, we'll jump from the Outbreak, which is nation-wide, somehow nobody knows what exactly went wrong, but clearly a lot of shit did go wrong, to two weeks, in which the military tries to get a handle on things, to six months, in which the military was defeated and people left to fend for themselves. This leads to the rise of gated communities acting as havens of safety and keeping those they deem unworthy or who are suspected of housing infected away, by lethal force or otherwise.

And finally the game which starts at year two, with the first great 'problems' under control the zombies have somewhat withdrawn from the communities who have begun sending search teams into the cities to look for supplies, a dangerous task which often pits them against gangs of armed raiders and lurking zombies who hide away inside the abandoned cities. Most of these communities are more then happy to take help from outside sources, a few crazy or dangerous enough individuals calling themselves Seekers (or whatever cooler name you have for them) who will hunt in return for a place to sleep, a bit of food etc.

Firearms have begun to become scarce, or at least ammunition for them and seeing people with a gun is a pretty surefire way of knowing they are somebody to be respected/feared.

That's my basic idea for the game, I'll do some behind the scenes rolling for things so it'll be up to the dice if for example you can light a fire without knowing how, during the first year period that is, I imagine afterwards living off the land becomes easier.

Let me know what you think of my ideas.

Oh wow! Yup that's pretty much exactly what we were thinking.  Maybe save for that the outbreak becomes world-wide over the course of time? With airlines and such it spreads pretty quickly and wipes out a majority of the world's population.  That military stuff sounds fantastic. 

So are you saying that we'll play out the different time jumps or that you'd post a synopsis of what happens until we bridge on up to the two-year mark?

I like the firearms thing to an extent.  You can actually make gunpowder, and use old casings with new "heads" to create a new bullet for certain guns.  It'd take time, so maybe cities have police forces and "factories" where workers make and reuse bullet casings?  But yeah the general idea is there, anyone with a gun and ammo has the ability to either reuse the ammo or go to a city to buy more. 

So long as the rolling is behind the scenes that's fine for me.  But yeah, I like the ideas.

I'm going to let avt2 speak up on her thoughts on both of the posts and see what she thinks.  We'll decide on a GM and let you guys know.  Feel free to continue posting here though with further questions/thoughts/ideas though! I like all the communication going on.

Lirliel

Quote from: Darwishi on February 17, 2014, 12:53:05 PM
Oh wow! Yup that's pretty much exactly what we were thinking.  Maybe save for that the outbreak becomes world-wide over the course of time? With airlines and such it spreads pretty quickly and wipes out a majority of the world's population.  That military stuff sounds fantastic. 

So are you saying that we'll play out the different time jumps or that you'd post a synopsis of what happens until we bridge on up to the two-year mark?

I like the firearms thing to an extent.  You can actually make gunpowder, and use old casings with new "heads" to create a new bullet for certain guns.  It'd take time, so maybe cities have police forces and "factories" where workers make and reuse bullet casings?  But yeah the general idea is there, anyone with a gun and ammo has the ability to either reuse the ammo or go to a city to buy more. 

So long as the rolling is behind the scenes that's fine for me.  But yeah, I like the ideas.

I'm going to let avt2 speak up on her thoughts on both of the posts and see what she thinks.  We'll decide on a GM and let you guys know.  Feel free to continue posting here though with further questions/thoughts/ideas though! I like all the communication going on.

It'll go world-wide, the 'disease' will be an airborne agent, I've got an idea in mind about the hows, wheres and whens, but that's to be discovered in game and I won't spoil it. But it'll start in the continental US, is there anywhere you want to 'start' it, in a well known city, or just a basic anywhere 'college' campus at a reasonable (hour drive) from a medium-large sized city?

Uh yeah, but that's still pretty hard to do and they'll just be starting that a little, plus a lot of ammo go wasted in the first year, who really knows guns, save gun-smiths etc., enough to be able to create their own ammunition. Getting cartridges etc. Most of what they'll be able to find and use is scavenged or stolen, or both. Plus some homemade variety stuff, muskets will probably come back into play. Bored out to create a more accurate shot placement etc, sure it ain't fast but it does the trick and kills people dead.

Also, fast zombies or the slow moving variety, or they just shamble along until they see people and then 'burst of SPEEEEED!'

avt2

I basically agree with what Darwishi has mentioned. My question for you, Liriel, is how do we reconcile the fact that people become zombies through 'teh raep' but it's also airborne?

Also, just FYI, I happened upon videos of this game called Day Z and they kind of capture some of the interaction we were thinking our characters would have with bandits (plus they are pretty funny). The main thing I want note is that, for our heroines, killing humans is a lot different than killing zombies. Also, there might be a whole range of bandits, from those just wanting to survive but having a sense of fair play, to the ruthless cut-throat ones.

Day Z Stuff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMTsZ1y4EeE&list=UUR3TysVn0Xx6XA7L_-tvSYw&feature=c4-overview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uUDvdHQ6hc&list=TLZ5gC6AQeA_UwdJAS3qeRiwkptgbRy56L

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCqrML56g7A&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7qw199PWzE

Plus this comment is pretty funny: "I got hand-cuffed and was forced a rotten banana down my throat, while politely asking my captors if they were watching the show Game of thrones, when they said that they love the show, having read the books, I continued to curse and spoil everything about next season."

Lirliel

Hence why I don't want to spoil it, basically in order for the 'rise' to become effective, a LOT of people will have to 'spawn' as zombies straight off the bat. Otherwise it's just. oh we have a 100 zombies, BRRRRRRRT well zombie apocalypse over. Nope, has to be something fundamental that goes wrong. Which is what the airborne pathogen does.

Uh yeah that goes without saying, the bandits will mostly just be survivors, though like all survivors, they didn't survive the Apocalypse because they are nice quiet people. Most of them are dicks so expect problems when leaving stuff unguarded and alone.

Like oh we'll go for a swim here and leave our packs on the ground, whoops, all of your stuff is gone and now you get to wander around the 'world' naked and freezing to death because your shit got stolen. 

Nameless One

Looks like Liliriel and me are applying for the same job. And even if I'd be more than happy to co-storytell with her (just not sure about the airborne zombie virus, I thought that infection was spreading through forced sex...), I'm more than ready to let the honor be hers.

Maybe, if she needs some NPC, I'll join the story for a little while.

Oh and I'm perfectly comfortable with this kind of violence and ass kicking!

Ons and Offs

Lirliel

Urgh.. fine. This is my idea on the pathogen that hits the country and the world after that.

The pathogen is transmitted via air, it was supposed to be a harmless test that went awry, a experiment to see how many people could be infected in a day, using the world's air currents and a functional delivery device, which let's say the government developed. Somewhere along the line the test substance was supposed to create a mild rash, but something went wrong with the formula, within twenty-four hours many people had begun showing severe anti-social symptoms, worse still those who had not been subject to the airborne delivery, those in schools and such were being infected by the same virus that had already claimed a sizable portion of the populus, but the virus had changed when it entered a human.

Going from airborne pathogen to something transmittable by blood or other bodily fluids, with the severe anti-social symptoms, which ranged from willingness to rape people in broad daylight or to drag unconscious persons back to their 'lairs', the military was hamstrung as well, many of it's own people subject to this foul virus. Special FEMA teams were quickly rushed into place to stem the tide which threatened to swallow America whole, but no help came from other places on Earth as it became painfully clear that the virus had caught a ride on the world's air currents, infecting the entire globe and plunging Earth into a new Dark Age.

Happy with my idea for the pathogen?

Darwishi

You are applying for the same job! Or um GM...thingit...not really a job since you won't be paid and all that. =P

Okay, so I'm going to build upon your idea Lirliel, even though it might not totally sound like it.  You gave me an idea, more or less. But first I want to just say that the source of it doesn't really matter to me, by the time it reaches Felicity and Sydney it's rapey zombies looking to infect everyone. 

My idea is something more along the lines of Interpol and/or the US gov't wanting to test the viability of a biological attack from terrorists.  How it would spread and how quickly it could decimate the world.  The idea, like you said, is either to give them a small rash or else to just give them a radioactive isotope that lets satellites see them, but is otherwise totally harmless.  Their computer models are saying that either the person that's carrying it, if by touch or bodily fluids, will die in a couple of days, or the world will effectively end within a week...and everything between. So they have to run their real-life experiments with a harmless agent in order to find out the real result.

They find out pretty much what they feared. They "infect" a random person at a major airport (JFK, LAX, Atlanta) and they touch so many people even by accident that by the time that person gets home the isotope is showing up across the country, then a few hours after that across the world as planes land and take off again.  The world would effectively be infected after a few days. 

Now either the isotope hits someone that just had a new experimental treatment and turns them into basically a sex machine, never being able to get enough, and finally they rape someone.  It's horrible but basically goes unnoticed by the police.  Why? Because the woman (or man) is too ashamed to come forward.  By the time they notice anything is wrong with them it's too late, they're arousal is through the roof, they can't think, they essentially become brain-dead but can still walk around and rape.  For whatever reason having sex with another living person staves off the new "infection" for a few days until they need to do it again.  At first it presents itself as a serial rapist.  Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but it seems like "patient zero" seems to be able to return to relatively normal functions after rape for the first few days of his/her infection.  They travel a lot for business so it happens again and again, infecting more and more slowly, but with each one infected they then infect three to five (or more) more people, and then those infect that many more.

I figure the isotope gets destroyed after it mutates patient zero, so that the gov't doesn't really see what's up.  By the time anyone realizes what's going on, there are hundreds if not thousands infected all over the world.  And police forces would sooner try to arrest them than shoot them dead, especially not shoot them in the head.  So then they get infected, society starts to break down, and everything really just goes to shit.  Now we were thinking that the zombies might have higher-than-normal strength making it all the more difficult to fight them. 

Martial Law could be mandated as national guard troops swoop in, they try to quarantine the place but all it takes is one member to get pulled away and raped then they get back into camp and the infection continues to spread. We could say it's some kind of mutated symbiotic virus or bacteria or something.  I really see it as only being transmitted through sex, not through blood or anything like that, just to keep the game on track of having rape-type zombies rather than flesh-eating or whatever other kinds there are.

The other option would be that someone injects patient zero, or otherwise infects them with this symbiotic infection and it grows from there.  So perhaps at Felicity's and Sydney's college one infected either rapes or has sex with someone else.  By this time it's mutating people within seconds of the rape, so one guy rapes a girl, then he rapes another girl, but by that time the first girl has raped a guy...anyway by the time all is said and done before the cops can even be called a quarter of the campus would be infected, then by the time the cops got there half, they'd get overrun pretty quickly and raped themselves, and then the whole city would be infected just from the campus. 

I hope that makes sense...and that really did come from Lirliel's idea, honest!

Lirliel

I like your idea babe, sounds like something we can work with.