News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

SoCal Criminal Gets Caught Trying To Become A Cop

Started by Marguerite, March 01, 2009, 12:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marguerite

SoCal robbery suspect tries to become policeman

QuoteCHULA VISTA, Calif. – Authorities in California say a man wanted for a store robbery was arrested when he showed up to take a test to become a police officer.

Chula Vista police spokesman Bernard Gonzales said investigators had identified Romeo Montillano as a suspect in a Dec. 8 robbery at a Kmart.

Gonzales says investigators learned that Montillano had signed up for the February Police Department entrance exam.

The 40-year-old man was arrested Wednesday when he arrived to take the test.

Gonzales said that when Montillano was taken into custody he asked if he would still be able to take the exam.

Police said Montillano was arrested for investigation of robbery, making criminal threats and grand theft. He remained in jail Saturday in lieu of $110,000 bail.

Now, I usually check out the Odd News Section because I wonder if there is anything oddbalish going on in the news world as a pick me up. This article caught my interest and I wondered what the criminal thought when signed up for his test. Did he really think he would not be recognized? Did he wear a moustache or those wacky glasses with the big nose, moustache and glasses to thwart suspicion? Various questions went into my head as to how he even could be that moronic to commit a crime and think he could sign up to be a cop. The kicker was the point when he asked if he could still take the exam. Either he had enough balls to say that to the cop or he was ignorant of the fact he was going to jail. Comments anyone?
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Oniya

Chutzpah.  Plain and simple - either that, or he's a complete moron.  I'd expect a person applying to be a cop would have to go through a minimum of a background check, which would have uncovered the criminal record anyways.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

MHaji

There is a phrase for situations like these, but it would take even more chutzpah than the man had. And that phrase is "My evil twin."
Ons and offs, in song form.

-

AUCUUCUACGAACGUGAAGCUGACACUCAUAUUAGUCCCAUGAUGGAA

The Overlord

Quote from: Oniya on March 01, 2009, 01:51:02 PM
Chutzpah.  Plain and simple - either that, or he's a complete moron. 

Banking on the latter...watch an episode or two of COPS and it's made plain their job is easier because dumb crooks are common as hell.

Oniya

Quote from: The Overlord on March 01, 2009, 03:57:58 PM
Banking on the latter...watch an episode or two of COPS and it's made plain their job is easier because dumb crooks are common as hell.

I see your COPS and raise you The Smoking Gun.  If this guy doesn't make one of their episodes, I don't know what else could qualify.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Marguerite

I really do hope there was video footage of this because it would win some sort of prize for the Smoking Gun. I watch the tru tv just for cops and smoking gun.

-Chuckles-
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

The Overlord

Quote from: Oniya on March 01, 2009, 03:59:54 PM
I see your COPS and raise you The Smoking Gun.  If this guy doesn't make one of their episodes, I don't know what else could qualify.

Yeah that ought to make for some good television, depending on how the bust went down.

Chris Brady

My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Oniya

Okay, poked around the Net a bit, and not only did the background check pick this up, but the police called him to ask if he was going to come to orientation.  At first, he said no, that his car had been impounded, and they thought they'd never hear from him again.

You'd think.  If he had more than one brain cell.

He later emailed the city, saying that he would be there, and would simply take the bus to get there.

The icon on World's Dumbest is far too kind.  You need a microscope to find this guy's grey matter.

Taymynx

I am thinking he is one of those criminals who think that cops are really idiots and that he would win at the game of cops and robbers without thinking ....
and that is obviously how he came to the test. Without thinking.
lol
Like the saying goes, that which doesn't kill me has made a serious tactical misjudgement.
Taymynx 's Storyboard Ons and Offs, The Happy Wife Storytelling , intro