The Inn at the Crossroads (Supernatural Freeform Interest Check)

Started by ApexScribbler, December 18, 2020, 09:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ApexScribbler

In folk magic and mythology, crossroads may represent a location "between the worlds" and, as such, a site where supernatural spirits can be contacted, and paranormal events can take place. Symbolically, it can mean a locality where two realms touch and therefore represents liminality, a place literally "neither here nor there", "betwixt and between".
--
Introduction: Sitting in a lonely corner of the Multiverse between an infinite amount of seen and unseen roads is a two-story stone tavern and inn known as the Green Lion Pub. It is a place unreachable to mortals (unless exceptionally gifted, of course) and managed by a mysterious and powerful gentleman named Spade and his loyal staff.  Time operates differently in this odd tavern, warped by its unusual surroundings, and one can easily spend years of their life in quiet comfort within the pub’s enchanted walls. Spade has but a few rules for his guests: no fighting, no harassing other guests or the staff, and no vandalizing his precious Inn. It is a sanctuary for the weird and the weary, those seeking somewhere to lay their head or enjoy a good stiff drink without having to blend in or worry about disrupting their surroundings.

OOC: Hello all! Seeking potential interest in a loose and fun group roleplay based around one of my oldest OCs, a friendly magical bartender named Spade as he manages his sanctuary for the supernatural and the strange. The Green Lion Pub welcomes all those who find it on their travels if they are willing to follow his rules and pay whatever they can afford.

Looking for someone to help me Co-GM this as I have never managed a group on here before, and they would mostly be responsible for organizing threads and helping me with applications. Players will be able customize and play their character(s) however they like: bring in your own OC, make an entirely new one, or play as an existing character from your favorite universe.

Although I am willing to be lax depending on what people want, I would prefer if interested players are able to contribute at least a paragraph per post with readable spelling and grammar in English. You will not have to stay as one character if you wish to change: the idea is that players can rotate between characters as they are coming and going on their travels. Also looking for players who would like to play as the Inn’s colorful and dedicated staff: bartenders, maids & butlers, janitors, performers, maybe a spirit who died at the Inn and refuses to leave!

Smut is expected in this setting (Spade has plenty of rooms and cozy little spaces 😉) so ideal players will be open-minded and tolerant of others and their personal preferences. Not looking for any drama or intolerance of any kind, another reason I would like someone else to GM with me if this idea gets any interest. Interacting and chatting with your fellow players is going to be a big part of this concept, so come prepared to socialize and work out plots with others! Feel free to ask me any questions down below. Hoping to hear from Spade’s future guests or employees soon!

-AS
A free spirit in pursuit of truth, new ideas, and lots of dirty deeds.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=58925

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Xurtan

Kissa

I'm intrigued. Will the roleplay take place only inside the inn and its premises or will chars venture elsewhere to adventure or whatever too?

karvick

I have an old D&D character that could fit into a story like this. Definitely interested.

Levi

Watching this. I also dont mind helping you run this if you like.
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

LamentingQuill

Wouldn’t say no to playing a Nephilim lounge singer type performer.

ApexScribbler

Oh wow, this got some attention. I'm so pleased! I'll mark you all down as interested and start working on a simple character sheet to get our ideas flowing. I'll have that up a little later in the day.

Quote from: Kissa on December 19, 2020, 07:37:09 AM
I'm intrigued. Will the roleplay take place only inside the inn and its premises or will chars venture elsewhere to adventure or whatever too?

This will take place primarily inside the Inn but it is an enchanted building that can change form on Spade's whims. So it can expand and add facilities for training, or hot springs, or whatever the guests want. Maybe in the future we can discuss going beyond the Inn but for now, it'll be focused just on one location.

Quote from: Levi on December 19, 2020, 10:48:26 AM
Watching this. I also dont mind helping you run this if you like.

I would appreciate all the help I can get! I'll send you a PM so we keep this thread for those interested and their potential characters.

Quote from: LamentingQuill on December 19, 2020, 12:06:05 PM
Wouldn’t say no to playing a Nephilim lounge singer type performer.

That sounds so cool! Spade will certainly enjoy having someone to enhance the mood like that.

LamentingQuill

What kind of FC are we to use? Real people or CG Art and/or Anime?

Nowherewoman

Possible interest. Maybe some sort of witchblade/demon hunter.
My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

ApexScribbler

Quote from: LamentingQuill on December 19, 2020, 03:37:17 PM
What kind of FC are we to use? Real people or CG Art and/or Anime?

I'm thinking real faces for the time being, though I wouldn't be opposed if players find other pictures to suit their needs.

Quote from: Nowherewoman on December 19, 2020, 08:13:31 PM
Possible interest. Maybe some sort of witchblade/demon hunter.

Sounds interesting! I'm working on the template for the character sheet now; it'll be up shortly.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: ApexScribbler on December 20, 2020, 11:52:26 PM
I'm thinking real faces for the time being, though I wouldn't be opposed if players find other pictures to suit their needs.

Sounds interesting! I'm working on the template for the character sheet now; it'll be up shortly.

I'm cool with that. Just wanted to make sure on that :)

ApexScribbler

Okay, here's the template for you all. Big thanks to Levi for explaining how the code works on here! Please include a link to your own on/offs or just write them out in the text below. Shoot me a PM if you intend to play as staff and would like to establish their connection to Spade.

[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Species[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Gender[/b]:
[b]Sexuality[/b]:
[b]Staff or Guest[/b]:
[b]Appearance[/b]:
[b]Physical Description[/b]: if alters from chosen face claim
[b]Personality[/b]:
[b]Background[/b]:
[b]Ons/Offs[/b]:

--

And here's Spade's sheet as an example:

QuoteName: Spade
Species: Unidentified Magic-User
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Staff or Guest: Owner & Bartender
Appearance:

Physical Description: Spade tends to smile more than the character in the image, and he has vivid green eyes that seem to flicker with flecks of silver and gold.

Personality: A calm and cheery individual, Spade is known to be both friendly and forward. He is never afraid to state what is on his mind and enjoys giving advice to those who need it, thus why he spends most of his time behind the counter of his Inn’s bar. He will protect those that he considers his friends until the end, and the same policy usually applies to his guests unless they refuse to adhere to his rules. Though chatty, he is reluctant to share information about himself, so his origins and true nature are an enigma even to the most talented mind-readers and fortune-tellers.

Background: Even Spade’s most loyal followers aren’t too sure how he came to be or where he came from. Some say he’s a god who grew weary of his divine duties, while others say he’s an ancient demon who embraced a peaceful lifestyle. Considering everything in the Green Lion Inn is enchanted to his liking, one cannot question that his magical potential is immense, and he has stated on several occasions that he’s not a pacifist and will use violence if needed. No one knows where the Inn is located exactly, or how Spade started it up, but there have been myths and stories about this magical place embedded into conversations and legends across multiple timelines and universes. Angels, demons, deities, witches, shapeshifters, even aliens hold the Inn in high regard and show its mysterious silver-haired owner nothing but the utmost respect, some doing so strictly out of fear because they are unaware of what he’s truly capable of.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=58925

Levi

Name:Luna
Species: Genie
Sexuality: Pansexual
Staff or Guest: Staff - Bartender
Appearance:
Artist img
Face Claim

Physical Description: Luna has a tribal tattoo wrapping around her right upper arm. She has several piercings in each ear as well as lip and nose. Although a free Genie systems to wear harem pants, bralett tops similar to Genie's in service.
Personality: After decades of servitude to every man/woman/alien and everything in between Luna is a no bullshit straight talker. She is extremely protective at the staff at the inn and won't hesitate to use force if someone gets too hands on. Extremely loyal to Shade, Luna acts as his eyes and ears whenever he is away and she also helps keep the magical subility within the inn. Spending so long granting wishes has given the Genie a unique gift, no matter who comes to her bar she will be able to instinctively tell what drink they need. Luna is also a hopeless romantic and now she is free she dreams of meeting a partner.
Background: All Genie are born into service, no one knows their real origins  let alone the genie themselves. They are simply thought shaped into being and gifted with huge power. With power comes service and the wishes three. Luna was in service of a beautiful ring that had passed through many great and powerful people of many world's. While the ring had traveled far and wide over mountain and through ocean, Luna herself remained stuck unseeing in within the ring until called for.

Most masters of the ring wished for money or power. After several centuries of passing from master to master the dream of freedom and romance died. Then her ring fell into the hands of an antique seller and sat unused for many a year in his cabinet. It was here Spade found her. Something of a collector of antiques he also recognised a magical signature to the item.

Once the ring was purchased he took the ring and twisted it upon his finger. Spade didnt ask for power, he didnt ask for money instead he gave the genie the very thing she had long given up on. Her freedom and he then offered her a job with him and that's where Luna has stayed till this day.
Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=272641.0
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Elven Sex Goddess

Have idea for a staff member.

Name: Tatiana the Patissier
Species: Witch
Staff or Guest: Staff -Pastry-Chef
Appearance:
Physical Description: Pentagram birthmark on her upper left breast.
Personality: Eccentric outgoing personality is what the witch known as Tatiana the Patissier.  Tatiana is known to pour her love into each of her creations.   In a literal sense her essence is the secret to her pastries.   At times, she can seem quite scatter brained.  As she is a constant flux of creating new delights for the patrons to enjoy at the inn.  Yet she is brilliant in creating variations of pastries.   
Background: Magic is how she creates her pastries.   Each pastry creation as aforementioned in her personality holds a bit of her essences.  Of course the essence of herself that she invests in each creation is a secret.    Here are some of her creations.

• Bull's Long Johns - are said to give male limitless prowess in maintain a erection twice the size.  No effects on females.
  • Nymph's Sweet Roll - invokes a incessant arousal that cannot be quenched for hours with females.
  • Succubus/Incubus Crescent delights - these pecan cookies melt in one's mouth.  Giving either sex a attracting pheromone.
  • Pan's Bender Strudel -  this treat changes one sex for one hour.
  • Siren's alluring chocolate pudding - this treat imbues one with seductive tongue.
  • Cupid's brownies - when one takes a bite of one of these, they will fall in love with the first person they see.  And for the next hour will believe that person is their hearts' desire.
Those are just some of Tatiana creations.   She has many more to create for patrons and staff alike to enjoy the decadent pleasures that they bring.  Where she comes from and what she truly is unknown to others.   She is a witch,  a human who has bargain for magical powers long ago. 

Patissier means pastry chef. 

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=6659.0

ApexScribbler

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on December 22, 2020, 12:44:47 PM
Have idea for a staff member.

Name: Tatiana the Patissier
Species: Witch
Staff or Guest: Staff -Pastry-Chef
Appearance:
Physical Description: Pentagram birthmark on her upper left breast.
Personality: Eccentric outgoing personality is what the witch known as Tatiana the Patissier.  Tatiana is known to pour her love into each of her creations.   In a literal sense her essence is the secret to her pastries.   At times, she can seem quite scatter brained.  As she is a constant flux of creating new delights for the patrons to enjoy at the inn.  Yet she is brilliant in creating variations of pastries.   
Background: Magic is how she creates her pastries.   Each pastry creation as aforementioned in her personality holds a bit of her essences.  Of course the essence of herself that she invests in each creation is a secret.    Here are some of her creations.

• Bull's Long Johns - are said to give male limitless prowess in maintain a erection twice the size.  No effects on females.
  • Nymph's Sweet Roll - invokes a incessant arousal that cannot be quenched for hours with females.
  • Succubus/Incubus Crescent delights - these pecan cookies melt in one's mouth.  Giving either sex a attracting pheromone.
  • Pan's Bender Strudel -  this treat changes one sex for one hour.
  • Siren's alluring chocolate pudding - this treat imbues one with seductive tongue.
  • Cupid's brownies - when one takes a bite of one of these, they will fall in love with the first person they see.  And for the next hour will believe that person is their hearts' desire.
Those are just some of Tatiana creations.   She has many more to create for patrons and staff alike to enjoy the decadent pleasures that they bring.  Where she comes from and what she truly is unknown to others.   She is a witch,  a human who has bargain for magical powers long ago. 

Patissier means pastry chef. 

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=6659.0

Ooh, she looks like such a delight! Spade will certainly enjoy having her around. I can see him teasing her all the time about her getting him fat because of how delicious her pastries are.

I'm going to start working on getting those threads open so keep those ideas coming, everyone! ;)

LamentingQuill

ApexScribbler

LamentingQuill

Hope this is good. Gotta semi stuck on the backstory. Like, you can imagine it all in your head, but getting a backstory written down is another thing entirely, lol.

Name: Alucielle ‘Lucy’ Alwell
Species: Nephilim (Result of forbidden mating between angel and mortal)
Staff or Guest: Staff, lounge singer
Appearance: See photo
Physical Description: Alucielle stands at 5 feet and 4 inches in height and weighs approximately 125 lbs. She sports a 40D breast size and a lovely softly rounded backside, essentially, curves in all the right places.
Personality:Sweet/Kind/Intelligent/Compassionate/Resourceful/Artistic/Loving/Romantic/Dreamer/Protective/Lonely/Understanding/Patient/
Naive/Stubborn/Courageous/Feisty/Adorable/Cute/Feminine

Alucielle has a very sweet and gentle disposition, she’s a little bit bashful around people she’s only just met, but she opens up nicely once the ice has been broken. She is probably among the most loving and compassionate people you could meet… she believes in trying to see the good in everyone instead of just immediately writing them off.
On the other side of the coin, this does lead to her a tiny bit on the naive side… as sometimes, even if you want to find good, there might not be any… you cannot squeeze water from a stone after all.

She’s quite lonely, having had to isolate herself up to this point for her own safety, she longs to be wanted and accepted, viewed as something much more than just an ‘abomination’ or a ‘crime against the laws of heaven’. She craves to be truly seen and embraced for all that she is.

When she does make bonds, Alucielle is very fiercely protective, she won’t hesitate to use the divine powers sleeping inside her to protect those close to her.
Background: Alucielle doesn’t know all the details about her origins. Her mother, Liliana, is a retired opera starlet and her father… well, her father is the Archangel of Music, Sandalphon… though she is forbidden to speak of it to anyone… primarily for her own safety, her mother always feared angels would discover what she and Sandalphon had done and come to kill the ‘abomination’ the two of them had created when they broke heavens laws and lay together.

Her mother refuses to talk about how she and Sandalphon’s romance started, but only tells her that they really did love each other… but their love was forbidden… and she was only human… Sandalphon was an angel, he was eternal… their worlds just couldn’t permanently mesh together.

When Liliana discovered she was pregnant, apparently Sandalphon gifted her a pendant for their child to wear, one that will mask her energy from heaven until she is properly able to control and cloak it herself. He also left behind a name he desired to give his daughter, Alucielle, an angelic name... as he felt she deserved.

Sandalphon requested that Alucielle be told he loves her and it is for her, that he must stay away.

Life was lonely for Alucielle, she never felt like she really belonged among normal humans… it just felt like something was missing, like she was lying to herself and to them. She wanted to just be who and what she was and just be accepted for it. Was that so much to ask for?

Her true dream was to sing, she never felt so free and happy as she did when she was singing… but her mother insisted it was too dangerous to sing in public… especially when small miracles tended to happen around Alucielle when she sang. It was bound to get noticed.

When her mother passed away from cancer when Alucielle was eighteen, choking loneliness descended to drown the young nephilim… she had never felt so alone before, abandoned in a world that would reject her if they knew the truth about her, perhaps some might even try to kill her, while others might wish to experiment on her… after all, who could resist the allure of finding out for sure the existence of heaven and hell? She would be like a treasure trove to those people.

As it all began to feel hopeless… a man came to her at her mediocre fast food job as she was just ending her shift… this mysterious Shade, he offered Alucielle a new start, a place to go where she would truly belong and she wouldn’t have to hide herself ever again… he told her she was far too rare and special to be squirreled away in such obscurity as she was…

One might be skeptical at hearing such things from a stranger, but she could see in his eyes somehow that he was telling her the truth… she just knew he wasn’t lying… she really could leave behind all this hiding and loneliness for a place she would be accepted and truly able to belong…

She didn’t require much convincing before she placed her hand in his and nodded eagerly to leave with him to The Green Lion Pub.
Ons/Offs:
Pretty much same as Writers

Nowherewoman

Working on it. As usual, having issues finding a good face/bodyclaim that's a real person :D

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

Kissa

I will be withdrawing from this one. I wish a fun and exciting roleplay to you all : )

Nowherewoman

So one part Flying Dutchman to one part Elric...

Name: Jehanne
Species: Human...?
Sexuality: Omni
Staff or Guest: Guest
Appearance: Tall, wiry, and broad-shouldered, she looks to be around thirty. There's nothing remarkable to be seen about her, except for her gold-flecked violet eyes- and the obsidian Nodachi at her back. From nape of neck to tailbone she is tattooed with small blood-red hashmarks, and they're starting to crawl down her shoulders and thighs, as well. Both her ears are multi-pierced and threaded with silver chain strung with fine charms; those who know her more intimately know her nipples are likewise linked and adorned.

Face/Body Claim

Personality: Generally sociable, though prone to fits of bleakness and attacks of temper, especially when she's drunk a bit too much- which is often.  She's never drawn on anyone in the Inn, but she alternates between being admired for her ribald jokes and endless collection of stories and reviled for the sharp edge of her tongue.

Background:  It's a fine question: who is the actual carrier of the curse, the woman or the sword? If she ever had a childhood, it's long gone, washed away by an ocean of blood and buried beneath the faces of the slain.  Jehanne remembers only two states: war, and the brief periods of peace at the Green Lion. Every time she passes out through the door, she knows it's to step onto a new battlefield, face a new champion. Triumph or, some times, die.

Either way, in time she walks back in through the front door of the Lion, more weary and with a new clutch of tales, if anyone wants to hear them. If she was the victor, she knows there will be another small red mark on her skin, though she stopped counting them slightly less than forever ago.

If she died...well, whoever killed her will be waiting for her when she steps outside again. So she drinks, and carouses, and delays, until the geas grows too strong to ignore.

Ons/Offs: Jeh' is actually pretty vanilla, though she's not averse at all to getting a bit rough in the furs, and is by no means monamorous. A parade of pretty playmates is one way she staves off the terror of her existence.

ApexScribbler

@LamentingQuill: Wow, your character looks amazing! Job well done, she'll be making all the guests and employees swoon, I'm sure. :P

@Kissa: Thank you for wishing us well, hope you'll stop by someday in the future!

@Nowherewoman: Awesome character, she seems intriguing and complex. Her and Spade will have many interesting conversations, I think.

--

Here are the links to the threads. If you've put your sheet here consider yourself approved. I was thinking of starting us off with a post unless anyone else has other ideas. More threads will be added as we go along. If your character wants a private room for themselves, that can also be arranged. Just let me know!

Main In-Character Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=328122.msg15693471#msg15693471

Approved Character Sheets: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=328118.0

OOC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=328119.0

AndyZ

Name: Araxis
Species: Ice Dragon
Staff or Guest: Guest
Appearance:
Human
True Form

Physical Description: In human form, Araxis appears to be wearing clothes of a dark blue leather and bone (an outfit he grows as part of his transformation that wears away after a day or so).  While he doesn't have most of his sheer strength in human form, and can't breathe ice, he's still far more powerful than the average human male.

In his true form, he's about the size of a three story house when standing up at proper height (as in the picture).
Personality: Like most dragons, Araxis is confident to the point of arrogance, and doesn't always have an easy time taking lesser beings (pretty much any non-dragons in his estimation, though gods might qualify) seriously, or seeing them as equals.  Even so, he's rich, a decent tipper, and delights in going after adventurers with far more money than they have a right to own.
Background: At double-digits in age, Araxis still qualifies as quite young for a dragon, but intellect and a natural curiosity have given him an edge where normal dragons fail.  Far too many have no interest in humanoids at all and prefer to hoard their gold, but Araxis is far more interested in acquisitions of a wider nature, understanding what he claims.  Women in particular have proven a tantalizing experience; he's come to understand that he can't simply own one, but delights in enjoying them.
Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=102977.0
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.