Arcadia - Fae/Changeling Game (LGBTQIAS+ Friendly)

Started by Intimate Ink, October 07, 2020, 04:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wyatt

RP joining and Wolfi being seduced into at least thinking about joining, this is a fabulous day!!

Welcome, RP!!

Wolfi, you know you want to play with us... >:)
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”
Ons, Offs and Stuff   
Story Ideas
Apologies and Absences

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Wolfling72

Quote from: Intimate Ink on February 28, 2021, 04:24:25 PM
Welcome Wolfling! 

Always a fond remembrance to see the name of the first person who welcomed me to E show up!  Please let us know if we can help any!

Ahhh you are here!!!

*makes this better and worse*

And trust me, y'all are so brilliant that I am drowning in ideas.

Quote from: CurvyKitten on February 28, 2021, 04:47:19 PM
YAAY more wonderful people! This really a great game with a amazing group of people. So please come and join us! ~offers up cookies and cuddles as bribes~

steals cookies and Curvy cuddles

Quote from: Wyatt on February 28, 2021, 05:13:50 PM
RP joining and Wolfi being seduced into at least thinking about joining, this is a fabulous day!!

Welcome, RP!!

Wolfi, you know you want to play with us... >:)

*blushes and falls over* Dammit Wyatt...you KNOW I would kill for words from you.

Quote from: Elizabeth Ecsed on February 28, 2021, 05:16:58 PM
Come join us, the water is lovely indeed.. 

*dies*

Quote from: TheHangedMan on February 28, 2021, 05:19:07 PM
We have snacks.  ;D

But do those snacks want to be eaten??
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Elizabeth Ecsed

*Adjusts her rainbow swimsuit and smiles innocently*

Look around
We're living with the lost and found
Just when you feel you've almost drowned
You find yourself on solid ground
And you believe there's good in everybody's heart
Keep it safe and sound
With hope, you can do your part
To turn a life around

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Sye

Quote from: Wolfling72 on February 28, 2021, 04:21:40 PM
You and Sye hate me, doncha??? Y'all are like terrible cat nip for my imagination....*shakes head

and runs off to pull up all the in play characters*
YAYYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!! *attacks and snuggles*

JessLowell12

Quote from: Wolfling72 on February 28, 2021, 04:09:39 PM
*peeks in*

Sye told me to look....which I've done since my return...lots of reading....only here to say...uh...hey, how ya doing?

*grabs the temptation rope and slowly reels you in*

Hey you!

Wolfling72

Just realized while doing bunks and such for my character that she is a friggin' masochist.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Wolfling72 on February 28, 2021, 09:10:18 PM
Just realized while doing bunks and such for my character that she is a friggin' masochist.
Nice.
Check out my poet tree!

Wolfling72

Quote from: TheHangedMan on February 28, 2021, 09:12:49 PM
Nice.

I didn't mean it...but I tie my bunks and tricks together so that they build on one another and blood plays a part. *sighs*

and Yelena has been sent.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Aethyrium

I have an idea, friends. I am now taking applications for people interested in the setting, who happen to like this character and wants to plot against yours truly.

I am only mostly kidding. -Stares at onlookers-

Also, you know, bump for recognition. We have a big game board these days. We're closing in on 3000 posts! Very active group, friendly writers. If you have a cool idea, join Arcadia today, where you can relive classic fairy tales such as: "...ye olde story of a german king, captured by a dragon, only to return to his former kingdom by shaking his booty in a dance contest."

Chaosfox

So I did have an interest in this when it was first being put together, seeing it brought back up I still am. Kind of got stumped deciding between The Sages, The Wylde, and The Forgers seemings. Still would be torn between the tree so any help on what would best fit at the moment would be appreciated.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Xurtan

Quote from: Chaosfox on June 06, 2021, 09:15:41 AM
So I did have an interest in this when it was first being put together, seeing it brought back up I still am. Kind of got stumped deciding between The Sages, The Wylde, and The Forgers seemings. Still would be torn between the tree so any help on what would best fit at the moment would be appreciated.

To be frank, the different roles don't really come up much. Barely at all. They're mostly there to help give you ideas and sort of narrow the 'scope', I think, than anything. But mechanically/setting wise, they're infrequently mentioned. As far as pure numbers, we have fewer Forgers and Wyldes than anything, a couple of Sages, a couple of Tricksters, a pair of Warriors, and a few notable Fairist.

Intimate Ink

Quote from: Chaosfox on June 06, 2021, 09:15:41 AM

As Xurtan said, they are more or less loose categories and not anything that you should feel are going to bind your concept.  They help give a general 'feel', and might predispose how other characters in the game look at yours.  Sages are one of our strongest represented population right now; for some people that is a detractor and others it is a boone.  I'd say they tend to be our most competitive group of characters over-all, though I am speaking in generalities.  Wyld and Forgers are much less represented in PCs.  I think both of them have strong potential: there is definitely something to be said for characters that line up with animal-based concepts and have that 'feel', and I think there is some GREAT ideas for crafts-oriented fae out there.

It might help to do some browsing in web artwork to find a picture or three for a Seeming you find inspiring, and working from there.  If you find a few you like, feel free to send them Aethyr and I's way and we can maybe suggest ways they can link into the game with pre-existing situations.

Hope this helps and thank you for interest!

Chaosfox

Ok thank you both. And I will keep all that in mind.

Wyatt

We also have free cookies and muffins daily!   :-)
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”
Ons, Offs and Stuff   
Story Ideas
Apologies and Absences

Yukina

Quote from: Wyatt on June 06, 2021, 08:09:16 PM
We also have free cookies and muffins daily!   :-)

Tis the best of perks. :)

Chaosfox

Cookies and muffins are both great. That being said I did narrow down to doing Forger for the seeming and Kobold for the race.  I kind of  have and Idea of the books  I want to use  to  make my concept.... but its  getting late and I was up till like  almost 1 this morning (hate dog sitting sometimes), So I will work that part out tomorrow. If it rains like it says it will I pretty much have two days to work on things.

Sye

Can't wait to see who you bring in, Chaosfox!

Chaosfox

Ok so the concept of my character is a  tinkerer of sorts. One that combines the use of mechanical with glamour to produce  gadgets some that may be useful others that while they do what he wants they have no useful applications. That being said I was thinking Object Transformation would be good for the primary book.... its the next two that are giving me issue  as to what would go best to go along with  my concept.... I fell as though a few of them could work but at the moment am drawing a blank as to what to go with.

TheHangedOne

For what it's worth, "Down Below" might be beneficial, as, from my understanding, it deals a lot with metals and gemstones and the like. Acquiring them, yes, but also manipulating them should be possible.
Check out my poet tree!

Chaosfox

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 07, 2021, 09:01:36 AM
For what it's worth, "Down Below" might be beneficial, as, from my understanding, it deals a lot with metals and gemstones and the like. Acquiring them, yes, but also manipulating them should be possible.

Some of the examples do deal with manipulating them, and it is on my list of possibilities.