Starwars Role Play for anyone to join...

Started by Dramen, January 14, 2010, 02:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dramen

Okay I’m not sure who all is into starwars but I have an idea for a fun little starwars mission if there are any takers. Here’s the situation:

This is set in a time frame way away from any of the ‘official’ starwars stories. Seriously like thousands of years into the future so there aren’t any characters that anyone knows. My character is a Jedi Knight by the name of Torkin Jordiac. He’s a tall human male with general good looks and a roguish reputation. He’s about 28 years old. He has been ordered to get together a small team of fellow Jedi Knights and go on a scouting mission to a mysterious planet that is loaded with dark side power. There haven’t been Sith around for centuries but a few dark Jedi have left the order over the years. The council thinks that these dark siders are forming another cult of Sith and want Torkin and his team to find out what’s going on.

Here’s a start in case any are interested:

Torkin stood solemn in his black robes in front of the council. As he looked around the council chamber he marveled at the beauty of it. The crystal clear glass coupled with the colored glass and stone to form an awesome display. The Jedi Masters within the council chamber garnered less of his awe than the room itself did, especially Korfin Shol’ke. He was a Bothan master that had been against Knighting Torkin when his time came. He was out voted but Torkin never forgot it. He was the one speaking now.

“Jedi Jordiac, as you might have guessed from the intelligence reports you have just been given, we have a mission for you. The unrest in the Kroovonian System grows and we need to find out why. There is a planet in the system called Torow. There have been several reports from Force sensitives of a Dark presence in the area.”

“So you want me to go check it out?” he asked in surprise. Half of the Jedi Council thought he was to Dark in his ways as it was. Why would they send him there? “Is this supposed to be some kind of test?”

“Test or trust, Torkin, call it what you will,” the Grand Master Orlo Rye said. “We want you to choose a small team of fellow Jedi Knights whom you think can help you get the job done. Take them and go. We will expect a report back when you choose your team.”

Torkin stood in silence. He didn’t know whether it was a test or a show of trust. There was only one thing to do now in any case. He had to convince a few Jedi to go with him. That shouldn’t be too hard.

“You may go now Torkin,” Master Rye said.

Torkin just then realized he was still standing in the middle of the chamber. He bowed slightly and turned to leave. Now the only question was who would agree to go with him?

--
This would be open to Male or Female. I have no certain set number of people in mind. I just want to see (much like Torkin there) who will go with me. Just reply to this if you are interested. If this works out I'll move my first post into the Non-Adult Role Play section. Thanks!

Lyell

"Heh!" Vizzal, a light-blue skinned Twi'lek, chortled. "They want to send you where?" she asked, not quite believing that could have really been an order, especially for Torkin. The tips of her tails seemed to disagree about how to respond.

But Vizzal knew Torvik. He wasn't a joker, at least when it came to orders. Vizzal's head tilted to the right as she considered the proposition before her. Recently knighted herself, she too sought a way to prove her worth. "Alright, I'll go. Someone's going to have to keep your nose clean!" That last bit seemed to come off as a light, playful scolding.

-----------

At least, if you'll have me.
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.

Dramen

Awesome Lyell!! I was afraid no one would want to RP this one. I guess I will post the reply in the main RP section. IF anyone else wants to join in, we'll add them as we go I guess... 

I'll reply to this shortly in the Non-Adult RP section...

Thanks again Lyell... Lets see what we can do...

Paugus

I'm pretty darned interested in this! However, I looked over at the story and noticed they've um... already left. Is there any way I could still get in?

Dramen

Heck yeah you can get in on it!

Just say you're character was on a mission elsewhere and is meeting us there.

What type of character do you have in mind? Any story ideas are cool too... we're sort of stagnant...

FlirtyFox

It does sound interesting, but I have to ask, does your character have to be one of the 6?
Looks like I just picked a fresh bouquet of oopsy-daisies.

Dramen

Quote from: FlirtyFox on January 20, 2010, 03:57:55 PM
It does sound interesting, but I have to ask, does your character have to be one of the 6?

Not sure which 6 that is Fox?  But no they can be absolutely anyone. You can join from elsewhere just like him above. THey can be additions that the council sent as insurance that Torkin and Vizzal would get the real job done.

Let me know :)

Paugus

Was that fair enough? And uhm, do they have to be Jedi?

Lyell

Hmm. If the Jedi Counsel wanted outside help without causing unecessary panic, I could see them making an anonymous contract with mercenary types.
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.

Dramen

No you're right lyell. It doesn't matter if they are Jedi or Mercs or whoever. It is open to any and all. Feel free to just start posting in the Non-Adult RP section. I'll hold off and let those who want to join do their backstory.

Paugus

Dramen

It looked really good too! Good job. I would have thought we planned it that way...  LoL!

I'll go ahead and add something soon too. Move it along a bit. We have no real direction. Guess we'll play it by ear.

Paugus

Can't move it along until you've answered ze call, sorta thing! >.< Lyell asked Torkin whether to answer it or not.

Dramen

LoL... whoops! Been some RL drama today... my bad...

*runs to thread*

Justme

Paugus

I suppose it's up to Dramen, but I think so! It just depends on if you can find a way to fit yourself in. ^^ I wouldn't mind, meself. Heck, I came in a little later than both of 'em.

Justme

Easy enough.. Im already on the planet. Force sensitive thief? Perhaps I rob or attempt to rob one of you three and you decide that having a local helps too?

Paugus

Justme

*sighs* now I wait... and wait some more...  BUT  Im getting closer I can feel it...

Lyell

Dramen said anyone could join. T'would be going against that to say 'no' now.

Paugus

Justme

Very Well... hmm decisions decisions.. who to target....

Dramen

Sorry I hadn't checked in on this thread in a few. I've been ko'd with a few real life issues. Anyway, absolutely I love the idea of anyone joining. The character should fit well Justme. I look forward to seeing how the confrontation goes. :)

Good luck on approval BTW.

FYI as far as the thread goes. It is absolutely true that anyone can join. Like Paugus said, as long as they can fit themselves into the story somehow, anyone can go for it. I didn't think anyone would be interested in this when it started. So the more the merrier.

Xanica Kor

Well as I said on the forum...wouldn't be sure how to go about even attempting to join... Is there any background info I should be aware of?

Paugus

Read through the posts is about it. It's thousands of years in the future. I'm not sure if everyone here has a great grasp on all the different details of Star Wars especially a few thousand years in the future. ^^ We're just constantly scraping stuff off the wall, it's fun!

Er yeah so the point of all that chatter was the only background info is here at the top and in the posts of the main thing.

Oh, and if you can't think of a way to come in quite yet, check back in a few posts and you might think of one. =)