Subtle WOW joke in Viva Pinata

Started by Sabby, April 03, 2008, 07:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

I was playing Viva Pinata and thought I should invest in a gold mine while I was loaded. I placed the mine and hired a few Diggerlings to dig and mine the gold. Zooming in, I noticed they had slanted eyes, a golden rice hat, and mostly spoke in asian sounding 'wahh' noises. I read their description, and it said that once all the net cafes in their native land had shut down, they went into the mining business to escape the sun.

Little asian guys... mining gold for you... used to live in net cafes... see anything similar to WOW here?

I do remember something about being able to hire people in asia to mine gold for you.

HairyHeretic

Gold farmers, or the equivalent, seem to be a bane of any MMO. I've had a few offers in CoH/CoV for both currency selling and power leveling. They get binned, same as the spam in my mailbox does.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Sabby

I still thought it was funny when it suddenly clicked XD

ZK

It isn't WoW, but MMOs in general. Viva Pinata has a LOT of adult jokes to it, just they're put through a kid friendly filter. Which leaves a lot of kids and teens blinking at it and not understanding or finding it funny due to how odd it is... while older audiences understand just -what- they're talking about.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Jeramiahh

I love those kind of jokes; some of the best cartoons of old had a LOT of these; jokes that sailed right over the kids' heads, or were funny on a base level, but, to the adults forced to watch alongside the youngins... some really good ones, occasionally.
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.