Front page replaced

Started by Vekseid, March 25, 2009, 10:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

https://elliquiy.com/

Comments and criticism welcome - I wanted a far more direct, and lightweight, CMS to drive the front of the site, thus the moving of blogs into the forums, etc. So I wrote a new script myself.

In particular I would like to expand the Help page, really.

Ket

Nice.  But I think something about the questionnaire might be helpful too. 
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

MusicNeverDies

I think you may want to find some kind of graphic, even minimalist, or for the headers to be images. It is concise but perhaps too much so, as this is a literary site we do want to know an applicant can read more then a few lines of text. There seems to be a waste of space on either side, so perhaps bringing the links for the rules, help, about, ect, to the sides would help it seem like a better use of space, or stretching the border of the main text box to be wider?

Wow Music gets picky at 1am.

... I like the color scheme.

Vekseid

There's been some discussion about having a faded min-collage there, just, my time has been short for rendering and I want to be sure I have the legal right to use any image that does get put up there.

Caeli

You can make a simple vector and fade it out? Just put it in a background div or something.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

consortium11

Very nice.

Although I agree about putting a reference to the Questionaire in the text itself as well as a heading.

Oniya

I'd actually go a step further than just a reference to the questionnaire, considering how many people seem to completely miss it.  Is there any way to make a viewing of the questionnaire a necessary step between registering and making first post?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Dawg

I like it a lot, but I also agree about highlighting the questionnaire as a prompt to join (something, something, if not a member then go here to find out how to join, something, something)
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Jag

Quote from: Vekseid on March 26, 2009, 12:55:24 AM
There's been some discussion about having a faded min-collage there, just, my time has been short for rendering and I want to be sure I have the legal right to use any image that does get put up there.

Why not ask some of the people that have art work posted here on E to allow some of their own created pieces to be put up? After all, the creator of the art work holds the rights to it  (most of the time) and if they are members they would feel like they are contributing to site by having their art work posted on the front page.

I know that I would have no problem offering up some of my paintings to be considered for the front page. You could make the fading collage out of Elliquiy's artist's work.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Lady Annabelle

THANK YOU!

Okay, I know this is going to be really obscure and insignificant, but it is the small details that are most important to me and I just have to say this.

I live on the main page.  It's open when I am at work where I can just easily click into the forums, check some things or post and then go back to the main page and back to work.  The same thing happens at home, so that is the page that I see the most.

I really appreciate that you changed the website's title.  When my browser was downsized, I would look down and see the words, "Welcome To The Adult...".  Now, it says, "Welcome To The Elliqui...".  I love the new title as it gives a small degree of safety and security, which I really appreciate.

Just something tiny that I love to see.

*Just realized you can click on the 'Adult Role Playing Forums' Text*  That makes it much easier than clicking on the 'Friend' text.  Also, the 'What is Roleplaying?' and 'What is Adult Roleplaying?' are really nice touches that could save some headaches.

Besides those, its a lot less cluttered and much more organized.  So thank you and a job well done.   :D
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

Haibane

I used to enter the Wiki from the front page but now that link has been removed. Can it go back on the top bar with the other links please?

Vekseid

Quote from: Haibane on March 26, 2009, 11:32:41 AM
I used to enter the Wiki from the front page but now that link has been removed. Can it go back on the top bar with the other links please?

Maybe after the Wiki has been opened up to Newbies and has nice explanations on the main page >_>

I'm not opposed to it, I just want to be REALLY newbie-friendly.

MusicNeverDies

Quote from: Vekseid on March 27, 2009, 12:14:55 AM
Maybe after the Wiki has been opened up to Newbies and has nice explanations on the main page >_>
I've noticed that a good deal of the images uploaded, or the people who give descriptions of their games makes the wiki sometimes past the PG-13 barrier, some put contact info because right now it is just as safe to do so there as in our O/O or profile. I think that were it to become open to the newbies you might want to make sure you first inform the members with articles on there and give them some time to first make it newbie friendly. 

Oniya

Quote from: MusicNeverDies on March 27, 2009, 06:21:07 AM
I've noticed that a good deal of the images uploaded, or the people who give descriptions of their games makes the wiki sometimes past the PG-13 barrier, some put contact info because right now it is just as safe to do so there as in our O/O or profile. I think that were it to become open to the newbies you might want to make sure you first inform the members with articles on there and give them some time to first make it newbie friendly. 

I second that.  While I personally haven't put my contact info into the (in progress) page that I'm working on, the very-helpful template contains the option for it.  I was actually considering putting my O/O's directly on the wiki instead of linking to a post, although I'm still working on getting my games list done.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Vekseid

Quote from: Oniya on March 27, 2009, 06:54:34 AM
I second that.  While I personally haven't put my contact info into the (in progress) page that I'm working on, the very-helpful template contains the option for it.  I was actually considering putting my O/O's directly on the wiki instead of linking to a post, although I'm still working on getting my games list done.

Only certain namespaces will be public.