The Fictionals: Horror Stories (Villain and Axenia)

Started by Villain, July 12, 2011, 04:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Villain

The Fictionals: Horror Stories

'Faust. You realise this displeases me.' Mr Spring spoke with a sigh as he stared into the eyes of the frail bearded man currently bent over a long wooden table covered with books, scrolls, vials and gross slimy objects of all different shapes and sizes. Mr Spring was wearing his usual smart outfit, but the look of cold disappointment on his face seemeed to make the outfit look like the costume of an executioner. The frail man whimpered and stared at the vials before him.
  'Mr Spring...sir...I believed that the bodies would hold.' He spoke in a feeble tone, 'I thought my methods were perfect...with time I could.'
  'TIME FAUST IS WHAT WE DO NOT HAVE!' Mr Spring roared and for a moment the dark room they stood in seemed to be ablaze with flames as Mr Spring breathed a cloud of hot death into the air above them. He wiped his cracked lips of ash before calmly breathing in, 'Faust...my dear Faust. When we attempted to capture Doctor Frankenstein we obtained a large amount of his work which you promised me would not only grant me monsters like the good doctor created, but monsters that would also be able to track him down.'
  He paused for a moment to observe the old man that shivered on the spot. His face white with terror.
  'You realise of course that if we are not able to track down Doctor Frankenstein, then he will get to the book first. You know of what I speak of course?' He asked but did not wait for a reply, 'The Necronomicon. The book which will grant us control over death and give me an army of billions. Now you are aware that there is a quick and easy way to get him right? Would you explain to me why we don't have that easy way?'
  'B-because Frankensteins first creature has alluded us.' Faust mumbled.
  'And where has he more than likely got to?' Mr Spring asked calmly.
  'I...I don't know.' Faust answered in a squeak.
  'THATS RIGHT!' Mr Spring roared again, sparks flaring from his mouth, 'ALL YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND POWER AND YOU HAVE NO IDEA!'
  'Please Mr Spring! My Lord!' Faust begged and sank to his knees before the monster, 'My agents had tracked it down but they said it eluded them at the last moment and ever since they've been unable to get the scent! It may be with the children!'
  'Oh you better hope my dear Faust.' Mr Spring growled with a mouth full of molten ash, 'If not then I will view you as a hindrance and throw you back to the devil!' He snapped before banging his hand against the wooden table causing the surface to shake, 'I will have that foul creature, the damn doctor and my book!'
  'It won't work buddy.' A gruff mocking voice cackled from the darkness causing Mr Spring and Faust to look around puzzled.
  'Who's there! Show yourself or I'll burn you!' Mr Spring roared before letting out a fire ball from his fanged mouth.
  'Can't show you yet pal. I'm talking from a long way away, but I'm pleased to reassure you that I'm putting the book to some use.' It cackled from within the shadows, 'It's mine for now Jacko and if your wanting to share you'd better prepare to put some money on the table or I'll devour you whole.'
  The voice stopped and left the two standing alone. Mr Spring scratched his chin curiously before letting out a low growl, 'Faust. Summon your familiars. I wish to give them a task.'

Saturday

Getting Frank through public with being noticed had been an easier job than Alistair had thought it would be. All it had taken was a simple set of make up and a few halloween props and soon Casey and Alistair look as undead as Frank did.
  They were currently walking through Gracefield town centre. They had gotten a taxi from the school and had been dropped off deep into the town centre but away from the smouldering remains of their last visit. They were getting stares left and right and some people even came up to them to ask what they were doing or just insult them, but it was a better than having Frank be chased out of town by a rampaging mob.
  'We should almost be there. Look for the building with a garden surrounding it.' Alistair spoke as he looked left and right, his face covered with green pain and ugly zombie make up. He was glad that he had brought a box of wipes, the place they were going to wouldn't allow them in dressed like they were.
  'So...this place is where old people go?' Frank asked but didn't seem to look that interested. He was far too busy having the time of his life. He had never been able to walk so freely in public. He had known from the day he was created that if he was discovered people would run away from him or try to kill him, but today people just gawked and chuckled. A vast improvement in his opinion. He stared at the shops with wonder, imagining what it would be like to actually be able to go in and buy something without the shop attendant screaming for help.
  'It's a retirement home Frank. Old people go there when they need looking after' Alistair spoke with a hint of amusement in his voice, 'Not that the person we're looking for needs looking after. He's more than capable of caring for himself.' He spoke with a chuckle.

Axenia

Casey quite enjoyed being dressed up as a monster, her face was green, the hair pulled back in a ponytail and she wore black clothes. When people had come up to them asking about their dressing up, she told them that they were going to a costume party. Once some kid had made fun of them, if Alistair hadn't stopped her, she would have set fire to his pants. She had tried to argue that the kid had walked by a torch, she could make it look like an accident. But he had given her a look that told her she better not do it.
    "So why is he at a retirementhome, if he is capable..." She didn't get to finish her sentence before a boy had stepped in front of them. Before any of them had time to react the boy hit Alistair on the jaw with his fist, sending him to the ground. Still the boy didn't seem satisfied, he towered over Alistair ready to hit again. That's when Casey recognised the boy, it was that Jonathan Andrews kid who had tried to ask her out.
   "Didn't I tell you to stay away from her? You piece of shit, did you think I was kidding wise guy? I told that hot piece of ass was mine." He was about to hit again when Casey grabbed his arm, she didn't use any force but merely placed her hand upon it. She was angry, but it didn't show.
   "I'm not deaf you know, and I don't like people talking about me like I'm not there. I think you owe Al an apology." He just starred at her for a moment, he had obviously not noticed that she was there. He tried to smile at her, placing a hand on her cheek.
   "It's only because I'm mad about you. He doesn't deserve you, look at him, you need someone who can protect you. Just go out with me one time, let me show you how you aught to be treated, like a queen." His other hand had cupped her cheek, holding her head in his hands as he started leaning in for a kiss. He believed his little speech had charmed her, and he thought kissing her would seal the deal. His lips almost touched hers when she put her hand up between them, pushing his head away.
   "Easy there cowboy, why don't I give you my number and you can call me later?" He agreed, but only because he didn't like the other boy. Casey wrote something down on a piece of paper and handed it to him.
   "Call me tonight." She winked at him as he left. When he was gone she turned to Alistair.
   "Are you alright?"

Villain

'He's left handed.' Alistair spoke as he got to his feet and brushed himself off. He didn't look phased by the incident, it seemed to just be another mild annoyance to him, 'Need to remember that.' He spoke before wiping his mouth of a little blood that had formed around his lips. He noticed that Frank had frozen in fear and was now staring wildly at Alistair.
  'Calm down.' Alistair spoke softly, 'It's just some moron attacking me not you.'

Axenia

Casey let her thumb gently touch Alistairs lip, her eyes finding his. She had forgotton all about that idiot, and it had taken all of her selfcontrol not to hurt him. She gently kissed Alistair, giving him an apologetic smile.
   "I'm sorry Al, I should have reacted faster. Are you sure you're okay, I wouldn't mind nursing you back to health. The look in her eyes told him that it definitely wasn't rest she had in mind.

Villain

'Later maybe.' He spoke, managing to fight the blush, 'Come on. Let's go.' Alistair spoke and motioned for the two of them to follow him. He didn't think of Jonathan. He was an annoyance, a fly in comparison to the bigger villains.
  'I-Is that the place?' Frank asked nervously as they turned the corner at the end of the street. He pointed to a large red brick building with a small green garden circling it. There was a painted wooden fence surrounding it and on the side of it was a small wooden sign with the words 'Gracefield Retirement home; Home to all our better years'. Frank had to admit that even though everything was rather new to him, that slogan made barely any sense to him.
  'That is the place.' Alistair spoke with a nod and walked towards the building.
  'How are we going to get in? We're not exactly dressed appropriately. Should I wait outside?' He asked timidly.
  'No. Everyones going in. We're all needed for this.' He replied firmly. Casey would notice that Alistairs expression seemed to have hardened. Something was on his mind concerning who they were about to see.

Axenia

Casey smiled at Frank, carefully placing a hand on his back. She wasn't experienced in trying to comfort someone, but it seemed like the right thing to do.
   "Don't worry Frank, it's going to be alright, and Al always thinks of something should anything happen." The look on Al's face worried her, she had no idea what it could be. The man they were going to see was in a retirement home, surely he couldn't be dangerous to them. The worst thing she could think of was that the man was so old he had forgot about who he was. She walked up to him, speaking in a low voice so that Frank wouldn't hear them.
   "What's troubling you Sherlock?" She kinda liked calling him that, as a child she had always been fascinated by the character Sherlock Holmes, and although she wouldn't admit it, it was probably part of the reason why she had fallen for Alistair.

Villain

'I would like to tell you, but even though this troubles me it's going to be one heck of a surprise for you two.' Alistair spoke before giving her a small smile. He motioned for the to follow and walked through the gates of the retirement home and up to the front door. They stepped out onto the green carpet of the reception and walked up to the front desk.
  'May I help you?' Spoke the receptionist; a middle aged woman with ratty brown hair and thick glasses. She gave them all a very hard stare, as if trying to figure out if they really were all dressed like zombies and standing in the middle of the reception room.
  'Yes we're to see grandpa. We're his grand children and we have his chewing gum.' Alistair spoke with confidence despite the sentence sounding utterly ridiculous.
  The woman behind the desk seemed to stare a little harder at them before she nodded and pressed a button under the desk. There was a loud buzzing sound as a door on the far left of the room swung open.
  'Go right in. Mr Flute will join you shortly.' She spoke before picking up the phone that lay on her desk and speed dialing a number.
  'Off we go then.' Alistair spoke before making his way towards the door.

Axenia

Casey and Frank followed Alistair, she tried hard to figure out what about all this would be a surprise. She had never been here before, so it couldn't be someone they knew, come to think of it, she only knew very few fictionals. She hated surprises, ever since she was a little girl. That was why she always found out what was under the wrapper at birthdays and Christmases, before she actually opened any presents. When Al didn't tell her what she was to expect, she didn't say anything, but her tensed bodylanguage spoke clearly that she was annoyed.
   They followed Alistair through the doors, she still had trouble believing that the receptionist had just let them through dressed like zombies. It really was a depressing place, how the elderly could stand it was a mystery to her. She stayed close to the other two, looking around for anything out of the ordinary.

Villain

They walked through a corridor, passing rooms filled with old people moaning, crying, complaining and doing other things which weren't exactly the happiest of scenes to watch. Soon they managed to come across a door which seemed different to that of the other rooms. Unlike the rooms before which had had doors of flimpsey white wood, this door was made from hard oak and had a gold plaque attached onto the font of it that said; Augustus Flute.
  'Is that normal?' Frank asked before watching as Alistair kicked the door open and revealed a room five times bigger than any of the rooms they had walked past. A room that smelled of sunday roast and had a clean shamrock green carpet and a lavish leather sofa suite. There was a great golden fire place at the foot of one of the walls and so many book cases that Frank almost believed they were back at the library.
  'Believe it or not. I think this is just his front room.' Alistair spoke before walking inside and pacing through the room, trying to observe every detail he could about the place.

Axenia

Casey didn't walk as fast as Alistair, she kept looking around in amazement. Never had she seen anything like this, the fireplace, the sofa suite and the books and my god the books. She couldn't help but wonder if the personnel saw the same thing as they did, but how could they not. It didn't look like he was a resident here, the whole place was more suited for a mansion then a retirement home.
   "Al, who is this guy?"

Villain

'A very important man, although he is listed down as a Corporal I have no doubt that he managed to surpass that rank and go further in secret. I bet that his name is even known amongst the big wigs at the ministry of defence. This is a man that had sampled every important career yet at the same does not have the drive or greed to use the power he has accumulated.' Alistair explained as he examined the expensive first edition books that lay on every shelf, 'This is a man who is quite possibly one of the most powerful minds in the entire world.'
  He turned as the door opened and a fat old man wearing a green tweed jacket with white shirt and red tie was wheeled into the room. He was sat in a wheel chair and had a big green and red blanket covering his legs. His skin was a dark tan colour and he had a big bushy grey beard and moustache which matched the grey and white mess on his head. His eyes were dark brown which seemed to glow amongst the puffy red fat cheeks of his face.
  'Good morning children.' He spoke warmly but his face seemed set in stone, he looked up at the nurse that wheeled him in and waved her away, 'I'm quite all right now Mrs Jackie. I'm not going to do anything silly.' He said reassuringly. The woman reluctantly let go of the wheel chair before giving the three of them a warning glance.
  'I'll be down the hall if anything goes wrong Mr Flute.' She spoke softly before walking out the room and shutting the door behind her.
  'Right, enough of this chair.' Augustus spoke before managing to wriggle his fat body out of the seat of the chair and hopping off it before straightening up and stretching.

Axenia

Casey had been staring at the man, and had to remind herself to act just a bit civilized. She looked at Al and Frank, thengathering up her nerve and walked over to him. If what Alistair was saying was true, and it usually was, then this man would have the power to order her father to stay, and perhaps help them out with Frank.
   "Mr. Flute, my name is Casey Valentine, These are my friends Alistair Croft and Frank. We were all hoping you would have some time for us?" She smiled politely at the old man, her nervousness increasing.

Villain

The man looked at the girl and then at Alistair and Frank. For a moment he was quiet and scratched the bottom of his chin as if contemplating whether to hear them out or throw them out. Then after much silence, he spoke.
  'So you're a pyrokenetic and you're dead.' He spoke softly and pointed a chubby finger at Casey before pointing towards Frank. He went back to scratching his chin before slowly walking over to one of the leather arm chairs and sitting down on it. The chair made a weezing sound as he sat, it was as if it was straining to keep up his weight.
  'Well I have to admit this has become a very interesting day for me.' He spoke before looking towards Alistair, 'So you and I are brothers it seems?'
  'Yes. That seems to be the case.' Alistair replied with a short nod before bowing before the old man, 'Sherlock Holmes.' He spoke softly before straightening up and turning back to Casey and Frank, 'Guys this is my brother, my fictional big brother; Mycroft Holmes.'
  'Charmed.' The fat man spoke and bowed his head a little to the fire wielding girl and walking zombie.

Axenia

"Well, that's quite an age difference." Casey laughed as she studied them both. She remembered Lulu teasing Al about Mycroft being the only one with greater deduction skills than his own. She smiled at Alistair, not hiding that she enjoyed this moment.
   "It's an honor to meet you Mycroft, Sherlock overthere has talked about you A lot." She didn't even think about her manners, a recurring problem her mother had told her.

Villain

'I very much doubt that but I appreciate your wit.' He replied with a small smile on his flabby face, 'So the young Ms Vander has directed you three to me. You wish me to help locate that young mans creator?' He asked as he looked over Frank, who seemed to now be scratched the dead flesh of his right arm awkwardly.
  'And what you also ask of me is that I do a favour for Miss Valentine here?' He asked, his eyes drifting towards the young girl, 'You wish for her father to stay in Woodmore because of a terrible accident?'
  Frank gasped and looked back and fourth from Casey to the old man before spluttering; 'How did you know-'
  'My brother has a brain similar to that of a computer. He can memorise every detail of something that he has witnessed including the names of everyone in the military.' Alistair spoke with a hint of pride in his voice before taking a seat opposite the fat man on the long leather sofa, 'I would wager that he's got millions of names inside of his head, both fictional and regular.'

Axenia

"I accidentally helped burn a building down, and now my father thinks that hanging out with Alistair, Lulu and Ryan is having a bad influence on me, He wants to move again, and I hoped you could order him to stay. Please Mr. Flute, I have never had any friends and well, Al and I are sort of dating. I don't want to lose that, won't you help me?" Her eyes were pleading, she hoped he would help her.

Villain

'Hmmm...you bring two requests to my table.' He spoke and leaned back in his chair, making a pyramid with his fingers as he contemplated what was being said, 'Very well. I see no problem in granting your request, providing that you may be able to complete a request of my own.' He spoke softly before motioning for Frank and Casey to sit down next to Alistair.

Axenia

Both Frank and Casey walked over to Alistair and sat down, Casey took Alistairs hand in hers and gave it a little squeeze. This was the man who could tell her father that they had to stay, the one who could help find Frank's creator. What could a man like that possibly want from a small group of children? Children, the word sounded so wrong in her ears. She didn't see herself as a child, sure some of the things she did were kind of childish. And she had little patience, but that could be said about many adults also. She was 16, but so was Al and no one would consider him a child.
   "What is it that you want from us Mr. Flute?"

Villain

'Recently I have heard rumours of a bizarre creature with many heads and leathery wings being sited in the mountains to the far north of here. I wish for you to track it down.' He explained before gazing curiously at Frank. He could see that Franks missmatched eyes were now searching the room and were full of interest and wonder.
  'Is there something on your mind?' He asked and cocked his head to one side in exactly the same manner that Alistair did.
  'Well...Mr Holmes...' Frank began before holding up his rotten green hands and gesturing to the room around him, 'Why are you here? How can you have all of this? Why help us? What do you even do?'
  'Intelligent questions.' He replied with a nod, 'As Alistair explained I have particular powers which has allowed me to be somewhat of an influential man in many fields. If I wanted to I could use my standing to achieve many goals, but I don't have that desire.
  Instead I have used my resources as a business and often use my standing to help out those like you, providing that in return you will offer your services to solve problems that my resources are having.' He spoke before gesturing around him, 'What you see before you, is my base of operations. This place has become my fortress in which I will remain in until I eventually succumb to the inevitable curses of old age.'
  'Then I have to ask something.' Alistair spoke, 'You and I have a bond. A bond in the pages that may still exist somehow. Just what do you think when you consider that?'
  'I think that you are not my brother.' He replied bluntly. Frank thought that Alistair would frown, but instead he nodded and smiled at the old man.
  'You wish us to investigate this creature?' He asked, 'Very well, but you need to give us the name of Franks creator.' He spoke before pointing to Frank, 'I take it I don't need to give you his blood sample after all.'
  'No. I already have a sample.' The man replied with a nod, 'The man you are looking for is called Damien Evergreen. He's a medical student that has had the unfortunate luck to be born as the incarnation of Doctor Frankenstein.'

Axenia

Casey got up and started walking around, she couldn't believe it. She was thinking to herself, not paying any attention to any of the others. How could she not have seen this coming, he was a powerful man, of cause his request would be something grand. But they were teenagers, and they had to attend school. How on earth were they going to convince their parents to let them take a trip like that. she finally stopped and looked at Mr. Flute.
   "Sir, I don't have a problem tracking down a monster, but we are teenagers. We have to attend school, we have our parents to consider also. Unless it's going to be written of as a school trip, I don't see how it's going to be possible for us to leave." She turned to Al for help, but knowing him he would probably side with Mr. Flute, for the simple reason of logic.
   "Al, you have to agree with me on this, we can't just pack a bag and leave."

Villain

'So a school trip would make it logical for you to search the woods at a very late hour?' Augustus spoke before leaning back in his chair again and putting his fingers back into the pyramid shape they had been in earlier, 'Because an investigation like this could take a while and you all have school to go to and your parents wouldn't approve of you missing that.' He spoke, his dark eyes seemed to glow as he thought over what Casey had said, until eventually he dropped his hands and nodded, 'Very well then. Lets see what we can do about that.'

Monday

'So tell me again how you managed to get that old man to send us up to the mountains camping for a while freaking week?' Ryan cursed loudly as they stood outside the school with the whole of Alistair and Casey's year. Lulu was stood beside them with a mischievous smile on her face. Camping equipment lay by their feet a long with sleeping bags and various other tools. Ryan seemed less than thrilled at the idea and tugged on the strings of his black hooded coat, 'No no in fact start with the bit where you managed to rope me into this. I'm not even in your class but for some reason I have to go to!' He snarled before childishly kicking his ruck sack.

Axenia

It had taken Casey an entire weekend to pack for the trip, she had wondered what she would be needing. It wasn't the could she had been afraid of, she was never cold and could walk around in snow naked if that was what she wanted to. But they were going to be searching for a monster of some kind, and no magazine on fashion had given her a hint of what to wear at such an occasion. It didn't make it better that she wanted to look good for Al, they were kind of dating, but they hadn't spent that much time together, it seemed like there never was any time.
   Jonathan Andrews were also going on this trip, Casey had noticed that he had been eyeing her for a while. She suspected he was still angry with her, when she had given him her number, it had in fact been the number for a chinease restaurant. When she heard Ryan complain about the trip she put an arm around him.
   "Cheer up Ryan, look at the bright side. If it gets cold I'll have to share a sleeping bag with Lulu, two half naked girls, rubbing against each other. I promise to fetch you if we decide to undress each other."

Villain

Lulu couldn't help but giggle as Ryan's miserable expression instantly faded. She couldn't help but join in, 'Who knows Ryan.' She her voice trailed off as she stood next to Casey and wrapped an arm around her waist, 'Maybe we'll need help getting our bras off, and you know how embarrassed Al gets.' She spoke and winked at Casey, giggling at the flash of red in Alistair's cheeks.
  'Did I mention I love you?' Ryan spoke with a slight chuckle before lifting his ruck sack onto his shoulder, 'So you have a brother, that isn't related to you by blood and is potentially more powerful than the president?' Ryan asked Alistair, who was dressed in a large dark blue coat with a lot of pockets.
  'Mycroft Holmes was described by Conan Doyle as a powerful figure' Alistair spoke, 'The conclusions of every department are passed to him, and he is the central exchange, the clearinghouse, which makes out the balance. All other men are specialists, but his specialism is omniscience.' He recited with a smile before realising that Lulu, Ryan and Casey were all staring at him as if he had just fallen out of a tree. He sighed and ran a hand down his face, 'Yes he's very important and a lot of people depend on him.'
  'How is Frank going to join us?' Lulu chirped. She was dressed entirely in fluffy blue and purple snow gear with a matching ushanka hat, 'I would hate to think he's going to miss all the smores and camp fire food.'
  'Mycroft wanted to have a chat with Frank before we left. I think they discussed his mode of transport.' Alistair spoke whilst scratching his chin curiously as he thought over the problem. The coach pulled up in front of them at that point and the doors opened with a loud clank.

Axenia

Casey kissed Al, biting his lip a bit as she did so.
   "Maybe if we get to have some time alone, I'll let you take of my bra, and if you're lucky, the rest of my clothing." She gave his nose a gentle kiss and started gathering her things. She had brought a ruck sack and a sleepingbag, she was thinking about how to warm up the tent as she got her things on the bus. She sat down  at the backseat with Lulu, Ryan sitting between them. All the girls were staring at him. Casey wanted to have some fun, it was going to be a rather long trip anyway. One of the girls were giving her and Lulu an evil stare, Lulu would also have noticed if a flower hadn't caught her attention. Casey leaned in to Ryan, putting an arm around him.
   "I think your admirer hate that you already have two girls stalking you."

Villain

Alistair kissed Casey back, blushing lightly as she spoke the naughty idea into his ear. The four of them set to work on loading their stuff onto the coach a long with the rest of the teenagers. He could feel Jonathan's eyes glaring at the back of his head as he did. He had no doubt in mind that Jonathan planned to make his life miserable when they reached their destination.
  'If you think you can beat me Jonathan then you better have a game plan.' Alistair mumbled under his breath as he hoisted his dark blue back pack onto the coach. He was still certain that Jonathan had no idea what he could really do. He rather looked forward to showing him seeing as his primary concern was no longer taking down Moriarty and Spring Heeled Jack.
  As Ryan sat between the two girls he couldn't resist putting his hands on their legs, only moving them when Lulu slapped his hands away.
  'Cassandra?' Ryan asked and glanced at the brown haired beauty that was staring daggers at Lulu and Casey in the most unsubtle of ways, 'Yeah I think she took our roles in Romeo and Juliet a bit too seriously.'
  'You mean you didn't step on her heart like the others?' Alistair asked bluntly as he took one of the two seats in front of them.
  'Al I do have some restraint.' Ryan replied with a grunt.