Good, Hardcore Realistic Apocalypse Scenario

Started by OldSchoolGamer, April 28, 2007, 05:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LonelyTroll

Please notice the updated description of Steve Clark, crime lord... 

I just edited my original post...

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum."
Ons/Offs

OldSchoolGamer

Cute picture.

Okay folks, this game is now closed.  Lorelei, if you want to submit a "do-gooder" character, that's fine, since you got your request in just under the wire.   ;D

Lorelei

Here's my character idea.  Los Angeles fits her best.  But I'd be flexible with changing her starting location.

Name: Amber O'Reilly
Female, Caucasian, 22, Los Angeles
Alignment: Saintly

Amber was always a stereotypical "Valley Girl", having lived a life of privledge and comfort in weatlhy, white suburbia.  Lovely, blonde and perky as can be, she cruised Southern California's ritzy malls, sunned herself on its beaches and partied many a night away.  Cheerleader, prom queen, sorority girl, Amber seemed destined for life as a trophy wife until it all changed one day...

Community service was the last thing Amber had ever wanted to do.  But with her DUI (she had wrecked her Dad's BMW...), it was either 300 hours of volunteer work at the homeless shelter or spend two weeks in the county jail.  Wisely, she chose the former.  The time spent at the shelter changed her life as she saw urban poverty and hardship for the very first time.  For a pampered and sheltered girl from the upper class, it was quite a shock...  It would have been easy to go back to her old life, but Amber changed...

Two years later, Amber is working for Los Angeles County as a social worker, having just graduated with her degree from UCLA.  The work is hard and dangerous, taking her into the deepest and darkest corners of the city but Amber's spirit is strong and she vows to make a difference...

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Lorelei on May 02, 2007, 01:34:03 PM
Here's my character idea.  Los Angeles fits her best.  But I'd be flexible with changing her starting location.

Name: Amber O'Reilly
Female, Caucasian, 22, Los Angeles
Alignment: Saintly

Amber was always a stereotypical "Valley Girl", having lived a life of privledge and comfort in weatlhy, white suburbia.  Lovely, blonde and perky as can be, she cruised Southern California's ritzy malls, sunned herself on its beaches and partied many a night away.  Cheerleader, prom queen, sorority girl, Amber seemed destined for life as a trophy wife until it all changed one day...

Community service was the last thing Amber had ever wanted to do.  But with her DUI (she had wrecked her Dad's BMW...), it was either 300 hours of volunteer work at the homeless shelter or spend two weeks in the county jail.  Wisely, she chose the former.  The time spent at the shelter changed her life as she saw urban poverty and hardship for the very first time.  For a pampered and sheltered girl from the upper class, it was quite a shock...  It would have been easy to go back to her old life, but Amber changed...

Two years later, Amber is working for Los Angeles County as a social worker, having just graduated with her degree from UCLA.  The work is hard and dangerous, taking her into the deepest and darkest corners of the city but Amber's spirit is strong and she vows to make a difference...

Now I've got that "Valley Girl" song from Frank Zappa stuck in my head.  Thank you very little.   ;D

She's fine...white girls like her are very popular in the 'hood (insert evil laugh here).

OldSchoolGamer

Allrighty everyone.  The music is dying off now...the house lights are dimming.   Please make sure all cell phones are on silent.  We're going to start with some previews here...some vignettes from the lives of some of the characters.  Some are ordinary...while others contain clues about what is to come.  But don't worry...soon the previews will be over, and the feature presentation will begin.

Oh, one last thing as the final ruddy illumination of the house lights fades to black.  The ushers are programmed to receive only.  The doors are now locked.  Your seat for The End of the World is now booked.  So you may as well settle in for what is to come...

OldSchoolGamer

The threads of the story are now being brought into existence.  The name of the game is

Twilight's Last Gleaming

You will each be summoned by character name and player screen name.  Once my initial post is up, you're free to respond.

OldSchoolGamer

My apologies to everyone...it's taken a little longer for me to get this thing ginned up than I had anticipated.  For the last week, business has unfortunately intruded on pleasure.  If your thread is not yet launched, rest assured you've not been forgotten.