New Fablegrove [A Noir Fairy Tale Game] .:Recruitment Thread! LGBTQA+ | Modern

Started by Dhampyress, June 09, 2016, 04:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Don Volante

How is telecommunications and technology? Computers, cell phones, internet etc? I ask because I'm pondering a job for The Evil Queen... I was thinking she has something to do with IT/programming and she's secretly hacking computers, phones, and security cameras in Fablegrove with the help of a Siri-type computer program called (of course) "The Magic Mirror". Just a thought.
My character and plot repository

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

la dame en noir

Everyone has cool concepts and I'm like, Tiana please lol. I want to make this character deeper.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

November Bleeds

Quote from: Ron Don Volante on June 10, 2016, 08:27:02 AM
How is telecommunications and technology? Computers, cell phones, internet etc? I ask because I'm pondering a job for The Evil Queen... I was thinking she has something to do with IT/programming and she's secretly hacking computers, phones, and security cameras in Fablegrove with the help of a Siri-type computer program called (of course) "The Magic Mirror". Just a thought.

We are currently working toward answering all your questions! <: Not too long from now. Tons of new information coming out today!

Quote from: la dame en noir on June 10, 2016, 10:13:42 AM
Everyone has cool concepts and I'm like, Tiana please lol. I want to make this character deeper.

I know dem feels! I'm sure you'll come up with something great ^^

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on June 10, 2016, 05:31:06 AM
This scenario sounds pretty awesome. May I claim The Mad Hatter?

You most certainly can! We will be able to reserve characters very soon for each of you~

Quote from: Foxy Oni on June 10, 2016, 12:13:16 AM
Hmmm... I have an idea for Goldilocks if she's still up for grabs.

I do believe Goldilocks is currently available!

Quote from: Crash on June 10, 2016, 01:25:48 AM
I am thinking Pied Piper could be fun.

I can't believe I didn't think of them when we were coming up with the scenario!

Ron Don Volante

Quote from: la dame en noir on June 10, 2016, 10:13:42 AM
*puts 'watching Princess And The Frog' on his weekend to-do list*

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

Emjay

Quote from: November Bleeds on June 09, 2016, 09:59:56 PM
@Emjay & Kokaine: Awesome! That sounds great, glad to have you both!

Thank you! I'm excited to write in this darker fairy tale world.
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Ron Don Volante

Has anyone read Fables? Wolf Among Us was the prequel to the series which just finished this past year. One of the greatest comics I've ever read....and that's saying something.

November Bleeds

Absolutely love The Wolf Among Us! Back when it first came out I read into the Fables comic lore and backstory because I was so invested. I've only heard amazing things about the comic and will definitely read it one day.

lore

As a huge WOlf Among Us fan, colour me interested.

I'd love to bring in Snow White: An ambitious, altruistic woman interested in carving out a reputation based on more than her complexion. 

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

la dame en noir

Ever heard of The Wolf Among Us? It's a telltale game based off of a few of the characters from the Fables comics.
A&A | FxF |

Dashou

lore

Is there any class hierarchy?

Ex: those who originated as animal fables are thought of as being beneath humans, those who were ogres, trolls, monsters even more so?

November Bleeds

Quote from: lore on June 10, 2016, 02:53:11 PM
Is there any class hierarchy?

Ex: those who originated as animal fables are thought of as being beneath humans, those who were ogres, trolls, monsters even more so?

Good question!

Personally, I think it would depend on the character's perspective/views on said matters. I wouldn't doubt that some characters may think that way though. I wouldn't assume that most think this way though.

lore

Mhm. Wasn't thinking of anything official - just the kind of ugly prejudice that seeps through the cracks from time to time.

Ron Don Volante

Quote from: lore on June 10, 2016, 03:07:57 PM
Mhm. Wasn't thinking of anything official - just the kind of ugly prejudice that seeps through the cracks from time to time.
Oh more chances to be evil. I love it!

Dhampyress

Quote from: Ron Don Volante on June 10, 2016, 03:09:41 PM
Oh more chances to be evil. I love it!

You are free to do what you will with it! You may make your character as prejudice as you like. :-X

Also, more information going up in the first two posts momentarily!

Feel free to peak over there.

lore

I have this desire for Prince Charming to be a skeezy, manipulative douchebag who conned his way into office with a smile and excellent haircut.

November Bleeds

Quote from: Ron Don Volante on June 10, 2016, 08:27:02 AM

So after a long discussion about it...! We also added this to the FAQ's!

While it does exist in Fablegrove, it's not quite up to par with the extent of modern technology. We'd prefer to go for a more noir setting in terms of technology. Cellphones wouldn't be a big thing yet and computers would exist, though be very retro in nature. Were looking for an early nineties-ish feel technology and it's inclusion in Fablegrove. Typewriters, scribes, tabloids, paper are much more viable means of communication, as is mail for communicating over long distances. Landlines would certainly be persist and the most common means of telecommunication.

Ron Don Volante

Very cool! I have some other ideas I've been playing around with but this is great info! :D

Kokaine

Im aiming for Gretel to be a gritty Private Investigator or some such thing so the tech level fits for sure xD
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

November Bleeds

Quote from: Kokaine on June 10, 2016, 03:40:50 PM
Im aiming for Gretel to be a gritty Private Investigator or some such thing so the tech level fits for sure xD

If you do, let me know! Because my character (The Wolf) is actually Director of Investigations! :D

@Everyone: We are reserving characters for each of you right now! If you change your character choice, just let us know and we'll make the necessary adjustments.

Character profile layout is being added momentarily! (:

Dhampyress

Hello everyone!

Just letting you all know we've updated the first two posts of the thread drastically as of today.

Please peak over the new information that has been added.

Also, the profile layout is now up and you may start working on your character templates to submit to both myself and November Bleeds.

We look forward to reading about your characters and the unique stories you may give them. ;D

lore