In the Shadows of Olympus [Eclipse Phase FATE, Non-Con: Exotic] [Closed]

Started by AnneReinard, January 18, 2016, 08:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisOneGal

Quote from: Hexed on January 22, 2016, 04:35:50 PM
One of the big things is I know that the Shoot skill means you have a firearm unless under dire situations but how does that work for drones? Count the weapon against the trait limit or is it simply there?

Defer to the GM, but my interpretation would be: If you want the gun built into the bot, take a trait. Otherwise, it has a ('lose-able') weapon.

Since Automechs are bots, not synths (by default), they'll need an AI to operate them. I think the rules for AI are one skill at +2, one at +1. I'd recommend taking Shoot/Fight +2 depending on what you want them to be armed with, and Athletics/Somatics +1 depending on if you want them to be fast or tough. There's nothing explicit about this, but it's the pattern they've used in the examples. (The only explicit AI rule I've found is that that they max out at +3; any higher and it needs to be and AGI).

ThisOneGal

Quote from: Kunoichi on January 22, 2016, 02:53:04 PM
Not quite everyone's, but if you'd like to complete the list, you're more than welcome to criticize mine, as well. :P

Ask, and ye shall receive. :P

High Concept: Async AGI Cyber-Criminal
Trouble: Artificial Good-Time Girl Gone Wild
Other 1: Probably Not An X-Risk
Other 2: Living Under The Radar
Morph 1: Unmodified Martian Pleasure Pod
Morph 2: Cybernetic Sex-Doll

The one thing that does stick out to me is that we both have Subliminal, which is suboptimal. You were interested in Cloud Memory; wanna swap over to that? (MC, on the other hand, is perfect; It doesn't need to change. It's fine just the way it is. :P)

Changing from 'Not an X-Risk' to 'Not a Threat' opens up usages outside of dealing with Firewall types.
'Unmodified' is clearly a lie; She's got Ruster mods. :P
'Artificial Good-Time Girl Gone Wild' doesn't really seem super related to being an Async. I'd probably bump that up to the High Concept and move the Async + Criminal stuff into the Trouble.
(Also, 'Artificial Good-Time Girl Gone Wild' is an awesome Aspect name. ^^)
'Living Under The Radar' is kinda eh. I'd scratch it and split the Async/Criminal Aspect into two.
Hmm. Could be more interesting if she's not entirely out of Les Ghoules hands, or still has strong ties to Conduit or the Barsoominans. Either gives her hooks for getting into trouble.

High Concept: Artificial Good-Time Girl Gone Wild
Trouble: Conduit Agent / Barsoomian Agitator
Other 1: Probably Not A Threat
Other 2: [Async AGI aspect?]
Morph 1: Martian Pleasure Pod
Morph 2: Technically Les Ghoules Property

Kunoichi

As I said before, part of the reason I took the Ruster mods was that I assumed they were common enough that you could buy other morphs that came with those same mods as part of some standard package at most local body banks.  In retrospect, I probably should change my core morph aspect to something like 'Slightly-Used Martian Pleasure Pod', though. :P

I'd prefer to keep the Probably Not An X-Risk aspect specifically because I'd like that to represent her relationship with Firewall.  I'd like it to be important in the narrative that there are people within Firewall who want her completely eliminated, and others who believe the benefits of making use of her outweigh the risks.

The trouble that I originally had for her was Emergent Sexbot AI, which I felt covered what I thought her troubles would be fairly well.  First, being a sexbot AI could lead to all sorts of compulsions for interesting behavior, and second, being an emergent AI on Mars leads to all sorts of interesting legal and social issues that I could earn fate points on in-game.  Artificial Good-Time Girl Gone Wild basically seemed to be a much more stylish way of saying the same thing, with the bonus of also evoking the in-universe term 'Wild Artificial', which is used for AIs and robots that go rogue due to improper maintenance and other factors and usually wind up needing to be destroyed.

'Async AGI Cyber-Criminal' is my high concept pretty much because it's how I would sum up my character concept in a nutshell if asked to do so.  In retrospect, though, I probably could pick something that more strongly focuses on the 'Async AGI' part of the character for the high concept, and then replace Living Under the Radar with something that focuses a little more on the 'Criminal Hacker' part of the character.

The only question is what some good aspects might be that would work well for that...

AndyZ

Quote from: ThisOneGal on January 22, 2016, 02:42:35 PM
Since I've criticized everyone else's aspects like a boss

Fixed this for you ^_^ Don't think for a minute that the help isn't appreciated, at least by me.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

AnneReinard

I am no doubt going to miss responding to something, since you guys are absurdly active (which is good), but here goes. I'll try to comment on the characters on a case-by-case basis over the weekend. For now, I'll just try to answer any of the more broad questions.

On Aspects: The best guide I have found on Aspects is http://www.rickneal.ca/?p=619. Sure it is for Dresden Files, but the same basic rules of thumb exist. Run through that and you are pretty solid. And as stated, try your best not to double up on Aspects that cover the same ground.

On Morphs: If somebody REALLY wants to start in a bog standard morph, they don't need the Second Morph Aspect or the 1-3 customization Morph Traits. But what fun is that?

On Traits for Weapons: If you do NOT choose Natural Attack (blah), this means that you can have the weapon disarmed. I'll note that the Reaper only has a Natural Attack for the claws - it still requires you to mount all the weapons it has.

...busy week is done, so I should be faster on responses, but if you REALLY want an answer to something, you're best off shooting me a quick PM.
Ons and Offs

Always free for a little teasing back and forth. Or suggestions to titles to make this exhibitionist squirm! I adore silly little PMs.

AndyZ

I'll probably take Environmental Adaptation for Cold and Thin Atmosphere as two of the traits.  For the third one, can I have that she just never scars?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

ThisOneGal

Quote from: AndyZ on January 22, 2016, 06:21:32 PM
I'll probably take Environmental Adaptation for Cold and Thin Atmosphere as two of the traits.  For the third one, can I have that she just never scars?

That's covered by Basic Biomods. Probably.

QuoteAlmost universal in biomorphs, many habitats will
not allow individuals to visit/immigrate if their bio-
morph does not possess these biomods in order to
preserve public health. Basic biomods consists of a
series of genetic tweaks, tailored viruses, and bacteria
that speed healing, greatly increase disease resistance,
and impede aging. A morph with basic biomods
heals twice as fast as an early 21 st century human,
gradually regrows lost body parts, is immune to all
normal diseases (from cancer to the flu), and is largely
immune to aging. In addition, the morph requires no
more than 3–4 hours of sleep per night, is immune
to ill effects from long-term exposure to low or zero
gravity, and does not naturally suffer from biological
problems like depression, shock reactions after being
injured, or allergies.

EDIT: Ah, here it is:

QuoteScarification: Given modern medical abilities, scars of any sort are purely an affectation.

Core rulebook, pg 310.

Quote from: AndyZ on January 22, 2016, 06:01:53 PM
Fixed this for you ^_^ Don't think for a minute that the help isn't appreciated, at least by me.

Yay! ^_^

Kunoichi

Hmmm.  Experienced AGI Cyber-Criminal, or something along those lines, might work well as my high concept.  Maybe 'Freelance Criminal Hacker'?  That could use a little work, but that's the general sort of focus I think I'll want my high concept to be on.  I'm open to suggestions if anybody has any, though.

Pretty much all the problems in Harley's life have ultimately stemmed from the fact that she's an emergent AGI on Mars, so either Artificial Good-Time Girl Gone Wild or something else that does a good job reflecting that fact would probably be a good idea.  Artificial Good-Time Girl sounds good on paper, but in-play, I think it would be a little too convoluted to make use of in most of the circumstances where it might normally apply.  There is that Martian term, 'Wild Artificial', which really seems to be dripping with flavor...  'Wild Artificial in Hiding'?  Or would Artificial Good-Time Girl Gone Wild work just fine after all?

Instead of 'Probably Not An X-Risk', perhaps 'Legacy of the TITANs' could work?  I can see ways to invoke that aspect for bonuses or compel it and it actually could work pretty well for my async trait, too.  Not completely sure how I would invoke it for effect, though.  So that's another one I wouldn't mind a little input on.

And then I'm left with one aspect slot completely free...

Edit: Consulting with a thesaurus suggests 'Self-Employed Criminal Hacker' for my high concept, which I think I like the sound of.  And that fourth aspect should probably have something to do with sex and prostitution, since that's something my character has as both a cover and a bit of a hobby.  Still open to suggestions if anybody has any, though. ^^;

Re Z L

Quote from: Kunoichi on January 22, 2016, 06:43:26 PM
There is that Martian term, 'Wild Artificial', which really seems to be dripping with flavor...  'Wild Artificial in Hiding'?  Or would Artificial Good-Time Girl Gone Wild work just fine after all?

AGW:  Artificial (AGI) Gone Wild
A&A

ThisOneGal

Quote from: Kunoichi on January 22, 2016, 06:43:26 PM
Not completely sure how I would invoke it for effect, though.

That's not a thing in FATE Core anymore; there's just Invokes and Compels (pay a point for good stuff / earn a point for bad stuff). The closest thing to what http://www.rickneal.ca/?p=619 is talking about is p. 76 of FATE Core, "Using Aspects for Roleplaying".

QuoteFinally, aspects have a passive use that you can draw on in almost every
instance of play. Players, you can use them as a guide to roleplaying your
character. This may seem self-evident, but we figured we’d call it out
anyway—the aspects on your character sheet are true of your character at
all times, not just when they’re invoked or compelled.

Think of your collection of aspects as an oracle—like a tarot spread or
tea leaves. They give you a big picture of what your character’s about, and
they can reveal interesting implications if you read between the lines. If
you’re wondering what your character might do in a certain situation, look
at your aspects. What do they say about your character’s personality, goals,
and desires? Are there any clues in what your aspects say that might suggest
a course of action? Once you find that suggestion, go for it.

Playing to your aspects also has another benefit: you’re feeding the GM
ideas for compels. You’re already bringing your aspects into the game, so all
she has to do is offer you complications and you’re good to go.

GMs, you’ll use your NPCs aspects the same way, but you get an addi-
tional way of “reading the tea leaves”—you can also use them as a way of
figuring out how the world reacts to the characters. Does someone have the
aspect Strongest Man in the World? That’s a reputation that might pre-
cede that character, one that people might know about and react to. People
might crowd in to see that character when he’s passing through.

Also, it suggests something about that character’s physical size and build.
You know that most people are going to give that character a wide berth in
a crowded space, might be naturally intimidated, or might be overly aggres-
sive or brusque as overcompensation for being intimidated.

But no one’s going to ignore that character. Inserting these kinds of aspect-
related details into your narration can help your game seem more vivid and
consistent, even when you’re not shuffling fate points around.

EDIT:

Ah, it's hiding under Fate Point Economy, not Aspects:

QuoteDeclare a Story Detail: To add something to the narrative based on
one of your aspects, spend a fate point

p. 80

Kunoichi

Ah, that's good to know.  Then I can take Self-Employed Criminal Hacker for my high concept and use Legacy of the TITANs for my async aspect. ^^

That just leaves my trouble and my other free aspect...  And the trouble in particular I seem to be having trouble coming up with good wording for, so if anybody has any good suggestions or input there, I would appreciate the help. ^^;

Hexed

Welp finally got enough of it ready for you all to tear apart! :)

And thanks for the layout ThisOneGal.

Let me know if I'm missing anything. The pictures are what I'll most likely be using and I'll work on getting them better altered for use on the boards.

Forklift
Info

HandleForklift
NameJames Jackson
FactionCriminal
Background  Re-Instated
Refresh2

Aspects

High Concept  Fringe Fixer
TroubleOh Shiny! How does it work?
Other 1The Titans will be back.
Other 2Always Moar Power!

Skills
25 points to spend.
+4Hardware, Pilot
+3Programming, Infosec
+2Fight, Shoot, Somatics
+1Athletics, Willpower, Notice, Medicine, Survival

Stunts
Need at least 1 Ego stunt.
Must spend at least 2 Refresh.
Must have at least 1 Refresh remaining.
EgoBot Jammer
MorphStrength
GearSurveillance Bots
Morph Slot
Refresh
Refresh

Morph

AspectsFixer Worker Pod; Ex-Prostitute
TraitsEssential Pod Traits, Common, Stigma (pod)
Custom TraitsManipulators (Wrist-mounted tools), Enhanced Senses (Infared), Mobility(Contortionist)
StuntsXXX
DurabilityAverage (+1)
Stress Boxes3-stress
Refresh0
Cred/Civ Rep Cost  Good(+3)

Drone
Pic

AspectsTracked Automech;
TraitsEssential Bot Traits, Common
Custom TraitsNatural Weapon(SMG), Manipulators(Extendable Tool Arms)
StuntsXXX
DurabilityAverage (+1)
Stress Boxes3-stress
Refresh0
Cred/Civ Rep Cost  XXX

Muse
Name Neko
+2 Investigate
+1 Infosec
Stress Boxes 2-Stress

Background
James Jackson was born on earth and for the most part had a fairly boring life. After drifting through school and a few minor jobs he'd eventually put his knack for machines to use working for a small distribution facility running their heavy machines and putting them back together as use and age wore them down.

This all changed during the fall where James and his coworkers frantically attempted to use their machinery to keep the tide of very bad things from getting them. After hours of frantic effort, including the use of an old style forklift as an ad-hoc jouster the small group of workers managed to egocast off of earth.

James woke up not in orbit at the arranged site but a few years later in a female pod that was strapped down. A criminal group on Mars had aquired his ego to use in one of their brothels as an "indentured" whore, a plan that fell to the side during her attempted escape attempt. With a more skilled ego in their hands the group pressed James hard, fixing and hacking things during the day and being used at the brothel during the night. For years this continued till the small criminal group drew the attention of a bigger one. During the confusion of a hostile takeover James gathered up what she could and slipped out and into the martian slums.

Stress and Consequences

Ego Stress1[ ] 2[ ] (Increased by Willpower))
Morph Stress1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ] (Increased by the lower of Somatics/Durability)
Muse Stress1[ ] 2[ ]
Mild Consequence (2)---
Moderate Consequence (4)  ---
Major Consequence (6)---

Kinks
Not very interested in very painful things such as heavy beatings, cutting up during sex, etc. Or toilet functions. Other then those am willing to try a good number of things although I'm not very good with playing dom.

AndyZ

Quote from: ThisOneGal on January 22, 2016, 06:23:18 PM
That's covered by Basic Biomods. Probably.

Gotcha.  Not sure if Futanari or Sexy would require traits, especially since I already put in an aspect.

Do pop-out guns exist in Eclipse Phase?  By which I mean something similar to what Wolverine has, but a gun instead of claws.  Natural Weapon does mention Shoot as an option.

Kunoichi

Quote from: AndyZ on January 22, 2016, 07:56:47 PM
Gotcha.  Not sure if Futanari or Sexy would require traits, especially since I already put in an aspect.

Do pop-out guns exist in Eclipse Phase?  By which I mean something similar to what Wolverine has, but a gun instead of claws.  Natural Weapon does mention Shoot as an option.

I think that's for things like being able to squirt out chemicals, or ink as is the case with Octomorphs.  There are built-in laser guns in-setting that work the way you're asking, though I believe they tend to show up on scans for that sort of thing.

Would you be willing to consider actual Wolverine-like claws?  That's certainly something you could pick up as a morph trait easily enough. ^^

Ah, and while I don't think they would require traits, you could always just take Bodysculpting as an extra mod if you'd like to be on the safe side.  That pretty much covers any number of basic cosmetic modifications, up to and including full or partial sex-change operations.  That would pretty much cover the Futanari part, and as for Sexy...  Well, it's the future.  Wide-spread genefixing means that everyone rivals a super-model or movie star in the looks department, so sexy is the new norm. :P

Quote from: Hexed on January 22, 2016, 07:13:51 PM
Welp finally got enough of it ready for you all to tear apart! :)

And thanks for the layout ThisOneGal.

Let me know if I'm missing anything. The pictures are what I'll most likely be using and I'll work on getting them better altered for use on the boards.

Forklift
Info

HandleForklift
NameJames Jackson
FactionCriminal
Background  Re-Instated
Refresh2

Aspects

Skills
25 points to spend.
+4Hardware, Pilot
+3Programming, Infosec
+2Fight, Shoot, Somatics
+1Athletics, Willpower, Notice, Medicine, Survival

Stunts
Need at least 1 Ego stunt.
Must spend at least 2 Refresh.
Must have at least 1 Refresh remaining.
EgoBot Jammer
MorphStrength
GearSurveillance Bots
Morph Slot
Refresh
Refresh

Morph

Custom TraitsManipulators (Wrist-mounted tools), Enhanced Senses (Infared), Mobility(Contortionist)
StuntsXXX
DurabilityAverage (+1)
Stress Boxes3-stress
Refresh0
Cred/Civ Rep Cost  Good(+3)

Drone
Pic

AspectsTracked Automech;
Custom TraitsNatural Weapon(SMG), Manipulators(Extendable Tool Arms)
StuntsXXX
DurabilityAverage (+1)
Stress Boxes3-stress
Refresh0
Cred/Civ Rep Cost  XXX

Muse
Name Neko
+2 Investigate
+1 Infosec
Stress Boxes 2-Stress

Background
James Jackson was born on earth and for the most part had a fairly boring life. After drifting through school and a few minor jobs he'd eventually put his knack for machines to use working for a small distribution facility running their heavy machines and putting them back together as use and age wore them down.

This all changed during the fall where James and his coworkers frantically attempted to use their machinery to keep the tide of very bad things from getting them. After hours of frantic effort, including the use of an old style forklift as an ad-hoc jouster the small group of workers managed to egocast off of earth.

James woke up not in orbit at the arranged site but a few years later in a female pod that was strapped down. A criminal group on Mars had aquired his ego to use in one of their brothels as an "indentured" whore, a plan that fell to the side during her attempted escape attempt. With a more skilled ego in their hands the group pressed James hard, fixing and hacking things during the day and being used at the brothel during the night. For years this continued till the small criminal group drew the attention of a bigger one. During the confusion of a hostile takeover James gathered up what she could and slipped out and into the martian slums.

Stress and Consequences

Ego Stress1[ ] 2[ ] (Increased by Willpower))
Morph Stress1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ] (Increased by the lower of Somatics/Durability)
Muse Stress1[ ] 2[ ]
Mild Consequence (2)---
Major Consequence (6)---

Kinks
Not very interested in very painful things such as heavy beatings, cutting up during sex, etc. Or toilet functions. Other then those am willing to try a good number of things although I'm not very good with playing dom.

Looks pretty good, although I believe that having even Willpower +1 is good enough to get you 3 boxes of Ego stress.  For your worker pod's morph traits, I think you'll want to name the last custom trait Mobility (Limber), and you'll want to list your Strength stunt under your morph's entry on stunts, as well as possibly list the actual text for each of your stunts in spoiler boxes after your background.

I came up with stats for a Pleasure Pod morph for my own stat-block on page 1, if you think you might prefer having your character sleeved into a body actually built for prostitution.  It's pretty much the same as your current body's stats, just with one extra trait and an optional morph stunt that you don't have to take.

ThisOneGal

Quote from: AndyZ on January 22, 2016, 07:56:47 PM

Nope. Particularly extreme/exotic sexual characteristics might require bodybuilding, but Male, Female, Both and Neither are all pretty common. And good looks are cheap and commoditized; the future is sexy by default.

Yup. Hand Lasers are the go to thing, but you can equip pretty much anything you can reasonably fit. I was fond of Minimissile Launchers. :D You could theoretically fit a plasma gun, but probably not in your arm/hand; it's have to be and articulated+concealed turret that popped out of your back or something.
In general, as long as it's physically possible, you can have a body that does X. It might be expensive, but you can generally do it.

Made some changes to the layout. The template gets rid of trailing spaces, and you don't need to leave the notes in there. :P

You'll want an AI to pilot the drone when you aren't; your Muse will be a terrible pilot. :P
It should come free with the bot.

'Fringe Fixer' is a little vague. What do you mean by Fringe?

I like that he's a fan of Tim Taylor Technology. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TimTaylorTechnology

While whoever captured him probably called him an indenture, James was not legally one. That they would use him as a whore is also unusual. There are literally millions of infugees in cold storage; going through the trouble to do what they did suggests that they lack the ability or desire to acquire legitimate indents. Either possibility is really interesting.

Given that they used him as a whore, they probably sleeved him into a Pleasure Pod, not a Worker Pod. See Antimony (Kunoichi's character) for Pleasure Pod stats.

Forklift
Info

HandleForklift
NameJames Jackson
FactionCriminal
Background  Re-Instated
Refresh2

Aspects

Skills
+4 Hardware, Pilot
+3 Programming, Infosec
+2 Fight, Shoot, Somatics
+1 Athletics, Willpower, Notice, Medicine, Survival

Stunts
Ego Pilot Bot Jammer
Morph Strength (Which morph?)
Gear Surveillance Bots
Extra Morph Automech
Refresh
Refresh

Morph

Custom TraitsManipulators (Wrist-mounted tools), Enhanced Senses (Infared), Mobility (Limber)
StuntsNone
DurabilityAverage (+1)
Stress Boxes3-stress
Refresh0
Cred/Civ Rep Cost  Good (+3)

Drone 
Pic

AspectsTracked Automech; Second Aspect
Custom TraitsNatural Weapon (SMG), Manipulators (Extendable Tool Arms)
StuntsNone
DurabilityAverage (+1)
Stress Boxes3-stress
Refresh0
Cred/Civ Rep Cost  Fair (+2)

Muse
Name Neko
+2 Investigate
+1 Infosec
Stress Boxes 2-Stress

Drone AI
Morph Automech
+2 Shoot
+1 Athletics/Somatics (Can probably talk the GM into letting you get both)
Stress Boxes 2-Stress

Background

Stress and Consequences

Ego Stress1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ]
Morph Stress1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ]
Muse Stress1[ ] 2[ ]
Drone AI Stress1[ ] 2[ ]
Automech Stress1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ]
Mild Consequence (2)---
Major Consequence (6)---

Bot Jammer
Gain +2 on Pilot actions when jamming a drone or bot

Strength
The morph has cybernetic arms and legs, enhanced muscle fibers, pneumatic waldo arms, or some other augmentation to physical strength.

You have +2 when bringing your enhanced strength to bear would make significant difference. This can’t be used for attack or defend actions.

Surveillance Bots
You have a selection of 3-5 small bots useful for recon. These include a Creepy (10-15 centimeter crawling bot), a Gnat (a tiny rotorcraft flying recorder), and a Speck (a 2.5 millimeter, bug-like flying drone). They have 0 stress boxes, Fair (+2) Notice, and Average (+1) Athletics. They can be controlled directly by you or given instructions using Programming and dispatched to work autonomously.

Kinks

EDIT: Bloody hell, I think I'm finally done fixing all the mistakes in this post. >.<

Kunoichi

Another thing to consider would be how James got involved with Firewall, after getting away from his previous criminal handlers.  So far, the backstory's a bit blank on that point. ^^;

Anyway, I think I've got all my own aspects worked out, now.  I would welcome a little further criticism on them, though.  Taking it from the top...

High Concept: Self-Employed Criminal Hacker
Trouble: Wild Artificial
Loyalty: Legacy Of The TITANs
Other: Licentious Social Engineer

Core Morph: Curvaceous Martian Pleasure Pod
Other Morph: Sexy Cybernetic Call Girl

AndyZ

Quote from: ThisOneGal on January 22, 2016, 08:19:09 PM
Yup. Hand Lasers are the go to thing, but you can equip pretty much anything you can reasonably fit. I was fond of Minimissile Launchers. :D You could theoretically fit a plasma gun, but probably not in your arm/hand; it's have to be and articulated+concealed turret that popped out of your back or something.

Eye Lasers feasible?

Kunoichi

Considering that hand lasers literally involve your hand and/or arm unfolding into a laser gun, I think that eye lasers are perhaps not going to be all that technologically feasible for transhumanity at present. :P

ThisOneGal

Quote from: AndyZ on January 22, 2016, 09:23:35 PM
Eye Lasers feasible?

Probably not.

Well, hmm.

Maybe. If they are available, they'd be super expensive.

Assuming you want the eye to function and look like an eye. If not, it's just a matter of placing the gain medium in your chest and using something like fiber optics to guide it to a focal lens in your eye socket. But if you want it to look like an eye that requires stuff like quantum dot displays and no small amount of artistry, which is expensive.

Quote from: Kunoichi on January 22, 2016, 09:30:15 PM
Considering that hand lasers literally involve your hand and/or arm unfolding into a laser gun, I think that eye lasers are perhaps not going to be all that technologically feasible for transhumanity at present. :P

Nah, hand lasers involve placing a laser in your forearm/chest and sticking a waveguide through your arms to your fingers.

QuoteHand Laser: The morph has a weapon-grade laser
implanted in its forearm, with a flexible waveguide
leading to a lens located between the first two knuck-
les on the morph’s dominant hand. The laser fires
from this waveguide, inflicting 2d10 damage with 0
AP. The laser is powered by a small nuclear battery
located in the morph’s torso, good for 50 shots before
it must be recharged like other beam weapon batteries
(p. 339).

So it's a matter of routing it to her eye instead of between her knuckles.

Now, if you want something bigger than a laser pistol (like a Seeker Launcher :D), then you're pretty much stuck going with the unfolding gun arm route.

Kunoichi

Additionally, aren't lasers typically considered non lethal weapons, or am I just misremembering them?  That 0 AP definitely makes the hand-laser version less useful than a regular gun, as I recall.

Edit: No wait, never mind, definitely misremembering.

ThisOneGal

Lasers can be either; they can shoot at people directly for lethal damage, or they can essentially shoot twice at a single spot in the air to turn it into a plasma, mimicking a small flashbang.

The hand laser is pretty weak, but is the same as the standard Laser Pulser weapon. Ammo is different 'cause it's powered by a big thing in your chest, but the damage is the same.

So yeah, she wouldn't her hand/eye laser as a primary weapon, but it would make an okay backup one.

ThisOneGal

Quote from: Kunoichi on January 22, 2016, 09:05:18 PM
Another thing to consider would be how James got involved with Firewall, after getting away from his previous criminal handlers.  So far, the backstory's a bit blank on that point. ^^;

Anyway, I think I've got all my own aspects worked out, now.  I would welcome a little further criticism on them, though.  Taking it from the top...

Hmm. The thing that really sticks out is that your Morph Aspects overlap a lot. I can't think of a situation where only one would be relevant.

Instead of 'self-employed', maybe 'independent'? 'Cause of the Transitional Economy present on Mars, 'employed' might not be that meaningful a term. Also implies an independent personality.

Licentious feels excessively thesaurus-y. Possibly appropriate for an AGI though.

A pleasure pod being 'Curvaceous' seems unusual, given their semi-shapeshifting abilities. Could effectively denote that your Morph is always on the curvy+feminine side, no matter what sex she's currently settled on/what customer she's trying to appeal to. The 'ideal' pleasure pod can be anyone, but a big theme of Eclipse Phase is that very few things are ideal, and a lot of things are cheap knock offs.

Hexed

Quote from: Kunoichi on January 22, 2016, 08:18:48 PM
Looks pretty good, although I believe that having even Willpower +1 is good enough to get you 3 boxes of Ego stress.  For your worker pod's morph traits, I think you'll want to name the last custom trait Mobility (Limber), and you'll want to list your Strength stunt under your morph's entry on stunts, as well as possibly list the actual text for each of your stunts in spoiler boxes after your background.

I came up with stats for a Pleasure Pod morph for my own stat-block on page 1, if you think you might prefer having your character sleeved into a body actually built for prostitution.  It's pretty much the same as your current body's stats, just with one extra trait and an optional morph stunt that you don't have to take.

<.<  >.>
I'd forgotten about the willpower and those formatting bits. And thanks for a better name for that trait. As for the pod... Unless it's a big problem I'll stick with the worker pod body. I've some sort of plan there but can't quite remember which is a bad thing about thinking on this stuff at work without a way to write them down.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: ThisOneGal on January 22, 2016, 08:19:09 PM
You'll want an AI to pilot the drone when you aren't; your Muse will be a terrible pilot. :P
It should come free with the bot.

'Fringe Fixer' is a little vague. What do you mean by Fringe?

I like that he's a fan of Tim Taylor Technology. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TimTaylorTechnology

While whoever captured him probably called him an indenture, James was not legally one. That they would use him as a whore is also unusual. There are literally millions of infugees in cold storage; going through the trouble to do what they did suggests that they lack the ability or desire to acquire legitimate indents. Either possibility is really interesting.

Given that they used him as a whore, they probably sleeved him into a Pleasure Pod, not a Worker Pod. See Antimony (Kunoichi's character) for Pleasure Pod stats.

That is very much my fault about the AI. I forgot to stick that bit in the template I copied from you. The AI's name is Whistler and it has shoot at +2, and Pilot at +1. Chose pilot over acrobatics/somatics because as a bot somatics doesn't effect it and the body is more like a vehicle then typical bot/humanoid so it wouldn't really get anything from acrobatics.

Fringe is like a back alley or not close to society person/thing. So Forklift's more akin to a mad scientist and scavenger doc then a fancy engineer. Unless I've messed up the skills real badly Forklift should be able to scrape together the parts to fix or make stuff just about anywhere, provided there's actually stuff to use.

And yes! Tim Taylor tech is a must! Grunting and strange rituals on the other hand not quite needed. :D

As for what's going on with the criminal group I left it vague as I'm still not quite convinced I know the setting well enough. As for the efforts with the brothel I'm thinking they catered to some very odd customers. Although it simply being because the boss of the gang had an ex that is the primary infugee clerk/person doing the paperwork for infugee contracts was stumping their "recruitment" could work too . Beyond that... if anyone with a better understanding of mars at least has some suggestions I'm quite open to them.

Quote from: Kunoichi on January 22, 2016, 09:05:18 PM

Hmmm... Are we actually starting as firewall workers or was the first ark of the story the recruitment? I might of misunderstood that part. :D
If we are supposed to start as firewall then Jame's has quite a heavy dislike of Titans and is pretty sure they'll be back. So his poking at things of that nature's probably drawn some sort of attention to him.

As for your aspects. They sound pretty good. Licentious Social Engineer just sounds like a ton of trouble waiting to happen. Although don't Curvaceous Martian Pleasure Pod and Sexy Cybernetic Call Girl mean about the same thing aspect wise?

ThisOneGal

Quote from: Hexed on January 22, 2016, 09:58:46 PM
That is very much my fault about the AI. I forgot to stick that bit in the template I copied from you. The AI's name is Whistler and it has shoot at +2, and Pilot at +1. Chose pilot over acrobatics/somatics because as a bot somatics doesn't effect it and the body is more like a vehicle then typical bot/humanoid so it wouldn't really get anything from acrobatics.

Bots are weird like that; currently it read like AIs use Athletics to operate their own bodies, but Pilot to operate other bodies. As long as we all know/agree what you're trying to do with your skill, it shouldn't be an issue.

As for what's going on with the criminal group I left it vague as I'm still not quite convinced I know the setting well enough. As for the efforts with the brothel I'm thinking they catered to some very odd customers. Although it simply being because the boss of the gang had an ex that is the primary infugee clerk/person doing the paperwork for infugee contracts was stumping their "recruitment" could work too . Beyond that... if anyone with a better understanding of mars at least has some suggestions I'm quite open to them.

Read up on Mars in the Sunward splatbook. Keep in mind, Olympus is a a big place. Despite being mostly run down slums, it's still home to a million people. There's a lot of room for weirdos and outsiders that the book doesn't mention/cover.

One possible option is having the criminal outfit be based in the TITAN Quarantine Zone, or even the White Zone. Olympus is nearby, and it would explain why they were up to weird stuff (anyone in the TQC is crazy, because it's the TITAN Quarantine Zone, but there are people there), and why Firewall was so interested in you.

EDIT: It's also possible your character simply doesn't know; you've been locked up in some compound, forced to be a prostitute for god knows how long. You're unlikely to be up to date on current events.

Hmmm... Are we actually starting as firewall workers or was the first ark of the story the recruitment? I might of misunderstood that part. :D
If we are supposed to start as firewall then Jame's has quite a heavy dislike of Titans and is pretty sure they'll be back. So his poking at things of that nature's probably drawn some sort of attention to him.

As I understand it, we're people who have just been contacted by Firewall, but haven't really done anything big yet.
Given than Firewall is a highly illegal, highly decentralized conspiracy, we probably weren't all inducted at the same time.

Aylinas

I modified my character a bit thanks to all the great advice.   Aspects are STILL the toughest part of the character.