Infiltration of the Vampire Coven (Interest Check)

Started by LadyNitrate, October 24, 2011, 07:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhaegar14

Alucard single-handedly restored my faith in vampires as badasses, Tiger. :P
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

Rhaegar14

Or a Branded could get his hands on some silver chain or somesuch and turn things around on a vampire, or one vampire could rape another vampire, or one human could rape another human... etc.
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

Dark Deception

My character isn't a rapist, so unless everybody else is, then it can't be in Bondage-Exotic. I'm not planning for him to be raping anyone. I'm also not planning for him to be having sex with anyone, but if it happens it does (the human-to-human sex that is). Only thing extreme he'd be doing is vampire killing if need be, but being a blood letter in a mansion full of nothing but vampires. Killing one is pretty risky unless he can somehow get away with it. I see only disadvantages for the infiltrators. The job is pretty suicidal.

Alucard was the ultimate Mary-Sue vampire in Hellsing who stamped the hope of me ever liking vampires ever again. Bram Stoker and the old horror films where vampires actually were vampires are the only films/books spot on, imho.

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

Rhaegar14

Btw, Tiger, I like the idea of your character being from a different coven (maybe the one that merged with Dante's), because I don't see Dante putting up with her shit, or being patient with her parents' futile attempts at bringing her to heel.

Dark Deception

Hey,

I'm just saying I go with the flow of the games. If something goes down, he gets caught, then so be it. I'm glorious at character death if it so happens. The vampires would have to be very careless pushovers to be killed off so easily. I'm not expecting them to be. I'm also not expecting them to be good at keeping their hands to themselves.

I was going to have there be a lot of manipulation going on. Such as certain rumors being spread, and destabilizing the balance that way.

Dark Deception

I read even before you changed it the detail of her being a possible turncoat, but she'd have to gain the infiltrators trust. At least, my character's trust, and he's not going to be telling anyone he's an infiltrator anytime soon. So unless Lady's character rats him out, your character is best trying to get her character on your side than mine. My character doesn't like vampires. He's not going to trust them for anything so she'd have to jump through some serious hoops to convince him otherwise.

That's why I didn't even bother to consider that as an advantage because of the amount of persuasion it would take and the investigation. She'd have to find out about them somehow or maybe Lady's char will approach her about it.

Dark Deception

Quote from: WhiteTigerForever on November 01, 2011, 10:42:37 AM
lol, and my character can and will see you as nothing but blood bags and fast food... one step out of place.. and she loses her temper quickly...

This goes right back to why I was saying this is a more risky game for us than for the vampires.

Dark Deception

I'm going to just offer some insight on something...

It seems kind of...illogical that the local police, the LAPD (even if it was a special unit in it) would have been involved with the abduction of children and making them into slayers. Because vampires are a nationwide problem and perhaps even a world issue, wouldn't the FBI be involved with the program? The Feds are more confidential with how they do things and they also have more jurisdiction state, national, and international-wise.

Now, if a special unit in the FBI was responsible for the program, then because they have more money/funding from the government, they could do more than just train slayers. They could possibly have invested genetic engineering to make them above just any Special Forces soldier. Because they could have easily just picked a person from Delta Force or a proficient contract killer to do the job since they're already trained and with further training or en mass could get the job done.

I was just wondering why just two people? Besides their potent blood what makes these two people so special that makes them different from anyone else. They could have easily been used as vampire bait.

Dark Deception

Quote from: WhiteTigerForever on November 01, 2011, 11:04:33 AM
lol  This is probably because it is a small player game with only a few slots for characters available.  World crime is a problem in Batman and Spider man but Bat man only protects Gotham... XD and I forgot Spiderman's city, same with Superman too...

Same in anime, like Bleach and many other animes...

Spiderman is just New York.

I guess, I was just trying to offer some suggestions to balance the advantage and disadvantage levels. Right now, the scale is tipped to the floor.

LadyNitrate

It's not a huge coven, it doesn't have thousands of vampires in this one specifically, any more than two infiltrators coming in at a time would be suspicious. There is a possibility that the LAPD could be a small part of a big operation. You never know. Now, I'm going to get back to writing my post.
"If I can't annoy anyone, what point is there in writing?" Kingsley Amis

LadyN's O/O's Ideas Preferences

Dark Deception

Quote from: WhiteTigerForever on November 01, 2011, 11:09:23 AM
That is true indeed... and in that light.. maybe you can offer up some more potent potential and lethal ideas for the two infiltrators..  ;)

Well, I didn't understand how they'd get into the coven with silver nitrate on them. That'd be like trying to slip through customs with cocaine. So...yeah. I didn't think they'd have any weapons on them so they'd have to use their surroundings. Then there's the talk of freedom. How much freedom do blood letters have? Can they venture outside the mansion or can they only venture upon its grounds? Whoever is going to give them silver nitrate would definitely have to be an outside source and someone that can perhaps plant it in a spot only they'd know so they can retrieve it later.

Quote from: LadyNitrate on November 01, 2011, 11:13:45 AM
It's not a huge coven, it doesn't have thousands of vampires in this one specifically, any more than two infiltrators coming in at a time would be suspicious. There is a possibility that the LAPD could be a small part of a big operation. You never know. Now, I'm going to get back to writing my post.

True. Thanks for clearing it up that this is a tiny coven. I was just musing on how many NPCs there'd be living in the same house. So what's the difference between blood letters and branded? Are blood letters just servants or are they potential branded humans, or both?

Dark Deception

Yeah, I'm going to spare everyone from my analytic babble. It is a trade of mine and it will be my job to examine things inside and out soon. I'm going to be writing up something for an RP and then maybe watching Watchmen. I more than likely won't since any movie being 3 hrs scares me, but I'll be watching something else in that case.  :P

Dark Deception

Quote from: WhiteTigerForever on November 01, 2011, 11:34:16 AM
oooh oooh, before I nod off Hanna is great and so is Thorrrrrrrrr...... yummilicious...XD  and Hanna is just bad ass awesomeness!

I saw Thor, but Hanna? o_o

LadyNitrate

Alright I went ahead and put it in Bondage simply because I don’t want to see anything extreme, sorry guys >.< here is the link to the IC. I hope that you all enjoy it. I tried my hardest to make it interesting without dragging and with putting enough information in that anyone could go off of it.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123417.0

Deception, you ask so many good questions, all I can say is if I tell you everything through here, there will leave nothing of surprise for the others. I had intended on pming you to talk tactics and how they were getting the silver nitrate in.

They cannot venture outside the grounds, the mansion sits on quite a bit of land and is surrounded by tall brick walls. The mansion is fine to venture out of in the day time as well as the night time though they’d be more occupied then. Branded means they belong to a specific vampire, blood letters can be fed off of by anyone. It’s that simple. As far as freedom go, branded might have a bit more freedom depending on their master, blood letters as long as they are at their feeding area when they are supposed to be, it’s fine. They are potential branded humans as well as servants. During they day they’ll have certain duties to attend to or orders to follow if given any.

Dark Deception

LadyNitrate

I couldn't see non-con really happening actually unless it was with either myself of Deception and seeing as he doesn't want anything to do with vampires, I doubted it would happen. Anyone who is a blood letter is basically willing to have sex with a vampire as well. Sorry Tiger. I can have it moved if you'd like, I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult.

Rhaegar14

I think Lolita should be the one to round up the new bloodletters... seems like the kind of thing she'd be delegated.

CurvyKitten

I figured I'd get a post in after Dante's entrance.

CurvyKitten

Oh nice post Rhaegar. I'll hold of a bit with Dom and let the others post? Then I will post her getting up and coming to downstairs. Sound good?

Rhaegar14

CurvyKitten

Though I cant say that the inner Dom wasn't tempted to watch him shower maybe even hop in there with him. LOL

Dark Deception

Hey,

If there's one thing I don't like, it's when people control my characters. I didn't put it in my O/Os because I've never experienced it, and I didn't think I ever would, though I heard people do it, and now I see it. If the character isn't yours, don't play it. I don't care how good you wanted to make your vampire seem, if you didn't get my permission to do something to my character, then don't do it. It's one of the basic rules of RP etiquette.

I'm already shocked to know that vampires can take showers when running water was one their major weaknesses. This should have been a devil game.

Dark Deception

Quote from: WhiteTigerForever on November 02, 2011, 10:29:54 AM
ummmmmmmm, if you are referring to me, in life and/or being in character, touching or saying something to your character, based on the observed characters position and attitude, left from his/her last post is NOT modding if your referring to me.... dude... chill... it's a GAME...

You didn't "touch" you had your character strike my character without my consent. I had been meaning to update my O/Os and I just did to add that little RP violation you committed that I didn't think I'd ever encounter. But I guess people are still learning RP etiquette. I'm not sticking around. You have some audacity to feel that you didn't do anything wrong. You can keep playing your flawless Mary Sue vampires. Make them sparkle. Make them do whatever you want. I'm not sticking around for this RP is only putting me in a bitter mood.

Kill my character off, I really don't care. I'm out this game. Peace and good riddance.

LadyNitrate

Actually, making their character to do anything,
QuoteA look of shock seemed to cross his face and then she felt his emotions withdraw.  Suddenly she observed the physical motions of him trying to get out of his gag, but his intentions dripped with malice. 
anything even if it's as simple as that, is considered God-Mode by a lot of people including myself.

Sorry to see you go DD.

Dark Deception

Quote from: WhiteTigerForever on November 02, 2011, 10:49:00 AM

The only type of sentence that could be construed as modding was this one: 
A look of shock seemed to cross his face and then she felt his emotions withdraw.  Suddenly she observed the physical motions of him trying to get out of his gag, but his intentions dripped with malice. 

I'm going to teach you something about role play so you don't do this in any other games.

Quote"You won't last long here blood bag if you keep that attitude up and open handed smacked him hard across the face, knowing this would bruise him and the delivery guys would get the blame.

That is a god-mode. The reason why it's a god-mode is because you didn't give the player the right to respond and you also didn't make it an intention. A player always has the right to respond to an action no matter what you think their response should be. If you had made your action an intention, I would have obliged but because you selfishly took away my right to respond because I don't know, maybe you were afraid I would have said the move didn't hit or something, that is the only reason we're here where we are now. Regardless, I hope you learned something today about RP Etiquette because if you do that in other Rps, I guarantee most people will not like it.

Which is now taken out.  1) But your character had a bad attitude,  in such a fictional setting, even a normal human could observe the attitude and behaviors. What were you doing in a game to begin with if your characters doesn't have any strength to take a hit.  (and it wasn't on your ons and offs) 2) I simply gave your character a good reason to select and particularly hate my character.  In books and film, they call that motive, plot layering etc... and learning etiquette?   3) My goodness.. you want to discuss that when you whined all yesterday about what a real vampire is, coming in here trying to take control of and managing the game and perception/ plot of the characters, when it is LadyNitrates.

Now my comments for excuse number 1) what does that have to do with you god-moding? Did you take the fact that he dislikes vampires personally that you felt it okay to strike my character and not give me the option to respond? Did it make you feel better? Did it satisfy your vendetta? And excuse number 2) If you wanted to do anything, you could have PMed me and we could have talked about it. You could have even PMed me and said, "Hey, I was going to have my character strike yours. Are you okay with that? Or hey, I feel if I do "this" then it'll do "that." You didn't do any of that. That's what put you in the wrong. My character doesn't like vampires. Why would there need to be a reason when he already wouldn't like your character because she is a vampire? Excuse number 3) Looked like you were struggling with this one. Also, I never tried to take over the game. There was much not mentioned in this game and I was asking my questions and wondering if the GM knew how much was missing. I even saw the flaws in this game and was wondering if she was aware and if she had any plans. My role in this game required more thought and planning than your role as vampire, especially with the scale of advantage and disadvantage being uneven. I needed to know what my options were. The GM PMed me and she reassured me about some things that were going to go on in game for our roles. Because I wasn't left in the dark, I felt I could play my role more effectively. You aren't the GM, so if you felt I was trying to take over a game that isn't yours, then that is your opinion. I still don't see what that has to do with you feeling you had to right to god-mode against me out of personal vendetta.

As she was posting the above post, It was already taking it out.  I came back to see this... which had already been done.  Such small things are done quite often and you were not on line to contact at the time of my post.  All you had to do was say, "You know what?  I'm really not comfortable with that... ", and it would have been changed to make you feel comfortable.  My character is farrrrrr from perfect, she is a spoiled little brat who is waiting for Dante to put her in her place... and If he smacks my character....... so what!  It's not me, it's the character he is hitting, and neither of our characters are  realllll........ (it's a thing called fiction, in what ever genre)

What you are trying to say I should have done, is what you should have done before you even god-moded. So please take your own advice. God-moding isn't a small thing on this site. It offends people and many people will stop Rping with you if you do it. It is very rude. As far you mentioning your character's personality being far-from perfect, I said flawless, Mary Sue vampire. You dodge the weaknesses of vampires. If you're okay with people god-moding against you, then that is something YOU are okay with. Just because you are okay with something doesn't mean the world will and the fact you didn't take consideration of that is wrong. It really doesn't matter now. I shouldn't have fed the troll, but I did. What's done is done and I hope you learned something today.

I won't miss you for finding something wrong with everything and trying to control the game.  You write good.  That is all I can say.