News:

Main Menu

Harry Potter

Started by Nadir, November 29, 2009, 05:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mnemaxa

QuoteTo me, part of what makes the reader able to relate to the story is the Gryffindor vs. Slytherin plot. It also gives the lesson to not judge people based on their associations and your prejudices. Its a lesson that transcends time, if you think about it. And honestly, Harry's comment to his son about being sorted into Slytherin was obviously a joke. If I'm not mistaken, he actually explains that one of his son's namesake was in Slytherin, so that the fact that he were sorted into Slytherin wouldn't be any true indication as to what type of person his son is. I'd have to re-read that (and that was actually one of my least favorite parts of the book).

Actually, what Harry said to his son, who was afraid of being sorted into Slytherin, was that if he WAS sorted into Slytherin, then Slytherin would be getting a very good young wizard - and that the sorting hat allowed him to choose his house, in the end.

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Keaira

Quote from: Sabby the lil Xmas Leopard on December 13, 2009, 10:07:15 PM
I'm interested in hearing these plot holes... my only complaint was parts of 7 seemed rushed as hell ("Hey! We got the Horcrux!" "THENX!") and Voldemort was an absolute pussy...

seriously, making Neville stay still and lighting his hair on fire? I thought he was the Wizarding worlds Hitler o.o he's not guna control his mind to make him dance while shooting off his toes one by one? Hell, he's a mudblood, isn't he? He should have had a thousand tiny snake eggs magicked under his skin to hatch and grow into adult vipers, ripping him to pieces from the inside.

But no, lets just light his hair on fire...

Very good point with the whole Voldemort thing in 7. Maybe it's because he was being weakened each time a Horcrux was destroyed, after all that was what kept him alive.

I have to admit I don't remember half of it, mainly because I read the first few hundred pages some time around 2 in the morning the night of the release after working the whole event at a Barnes and Noble. However, I also feel like that final book was overly rushed as well, almost as bad at the Half-Blood Prince movie was rushed. And although some feel like Rowling killed off to many of the "good guys" at the end, they would probably be upset and say it is unbelieveable that every last on survived. Unfortunately, as an author, Rowling, or any author can not please all of his/her followers of a particular series. It's all about how the creative flow comes and what ideas occur.
Behind every angel stands a devil.                    Scattered Angel A/A updated 8/12/16
Oh's and No's