Illness (AAA111 and Marjan)

Started by AAA111, January 05, 2010, 03:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AAA111

Grace was a 19 year old girl who is going to school to become a teacher. She is about 5'4 and is very small and tiny. Always has been one of the tinier ones. She has brown hair that goes a little bit past her shoulders. She has baby blue eyes with a hint of a silver sparkle in them.

She has been friends with Jared for awhile but she wonders suddenly why they are so distant. It is like he hates her for some reason but she doesn't understand why or what she may have done wrong. She has always thought of him as her best friend and she just wonders why she is being pushed away.

Marjan

Jared was the typical cute guy. He had short dark brown hair, green eyes that sparkled like emeralds and a lean muscular frame that most people would kill for. But what most people didn't know, was that ever since he could remember, he had been head over heels in love with his best friend Grace, and it had been killing him whenever she saw other guy. Especially when she dated his friends.

However, it wasn't his jealousy that was driving a wedge beteen them, it was the illness that he had been fighting fiercely without Grace's knowing.  They had become so distant lately, he just didn't want her to be so, damaged, when he finally had to move on. So, he had been making every effort recently to push her away.

He sat on his front porch, in nothing but his boxers and a pair of sweatpants, smoking a cigarette, a beer in one hand. He took a long swig, then another drag from his cigarette. Why did dying have to be so hard?!
O&O

AAA111

Grace is sitting in her room watching some tv and trying to relax. This school semester has been rough for her so she just wanted to try and take it easy. She grabs her phone and decides to send jared a text message and see maybe if he would want to get together and hang out or something

Hey do you wanna hang out or watch a movie or grab dinner or something like old times? She sends in the text message.

She continues to watch whatever stupid show she decided to put on tv.

Marjan

Jared felt is phone buzzing in his pocket and he checked the message, it was from Grace. He groaned loudly, flicking the cigarette onto the yard.

The old times are gone Grace. I don't care.

Did she realise that he loved her? Would she even come around?
O&O

AAA111

Grace feels the phone ringing telling her that she received a text message. She sees it is from Jared and smiles thinking it is good news. But as she reads the text she groans in annoyance from you

"Wow you are being a complete asshole right now jared. what the hell did i do to you? geez.

She lays back on her bed as a single tear rolls down her cheek. She doesn't understand why he is being like this to her. They haven't fought before and she has no idea where it is coming from. She hates the fact that this fight is happening with her best friend that she has ever had.

Marjan

He closed his eyes after he read the text. His eyes filled with teas, but he blinked them back, biting his lip slightly.

It's not what you did Grace. It's what I'm going through. It'd just be easier if you stayed away.

Jared grabbed the cigarette packet from next to him, pulling out another one before lighting it up and taking a drag. Why didn't she just understand that he needed to be left alone. The had been together since they were just children, and maybe he was behaving badly, but he just didn't want to see his little Gracie get hurt.
O&O

AAA111

She looks at the text that he sends back and she gets really confused

"Jared please don't push me away..please i just want my best friend back. i miss you. What is wrong please just let me in. I want to be the person you can go to about anything. I won't judge you..I never have before. Please don't shut me out

She leans back on her bed as she begins to cry again not understanding what he means when he says that it is what he is going through..what could be so bad that he would shut his best friend out. She just wants to be there for him but she doesn't know what she can or should even do.

Marjan

He checks the message and groans.

"How could she be so blind..." His frustration gets the better of him, leaning forward, he smacks his palm against his temple, tugging at his rugged hair. He'd lost a little weight recently, but it wasn't noticable. If anything, it made his muscles look more emphasised so he used it to his advantage.

Jared didn't text back for a while. He simply sat and stared at the passing people, smoking cigarette after cigarette. Closing his eyes, he finally picked his phone up again, and texted her back.

Grace, just stop. I know you want to help, but just can't. This is one thing I have to go through alone. One thing I have to take to my early grave with me

His finger pressed send before he had read through his reply. But he was beyond caring. If she cared, then she would come over. If she didn't, then it would be all over tonight. And that, he promised himself.
O&O

AAA111

She looks at the text him sent and shake her head not wanting to believe that he is really as sick as he says he is. She covers her hands over her face crying. She looks over at her nightstand to a picture of the two of them from about a year ago. She smiles thinking how happy both of them used to be. Secretly harboring a little crush on him. She wonders why things can't just be like that again.

You jerk..your dying and you can't even let me be there for you. i'm coming over right now so don't leave. i am going to be there for you so stop pushing me away. see you soon.

As soon as she sends the text message she grabs her purse and puts her phone in her purse as she puts on her shoes and her coat and grabs her keys and heads out to her car and heads over to jared's place. She just wants to help him through this. She wants to be his best friend again..they one person that he can always count on to be in his life and to help him out whenever he needed it. He had done the same for her countless times.

Marjan

He choked slightly on the smoke as he read her reply. She was coming over. Should he dress himself? Shave? Nope; he thought to himself, he'd lounge around on the porch all day. He took another drag of his smoke, and exhaled quickly, marvelling at how the smoke moved and glimmered as the sunlight shone through it.

Okay.

That was all he sent. That was all he could think of, to send. He was glad that Grace cared enough to come over, despite his horrid mood swings. Being an ass to her really hurt him. The one woman he had ever loved, and will ever love, and he had to push her away. This wasn't fair; on either of them.
O&O

AAA111

A few minutes later she arrives at Jared's place and parks in his driveway. She sits in the car for a few minutes as she puts her hands over her face. Thinking about him and how she needs to be here for him no matter what. She is his best friend and he always will be hers. She needs to do this.

She gets out of the car and walks up to the porch where he is sitting. She notices that he is smoking and she gives him the look. The look he knows too well. She HATES when he smokes. She notices he has his shirt off and she thinks to herself how good of shape he has kept himself in.

"Hey stranger. I'm here" I say smiling trying to remain positive

Marjan

Her car pulled up into the drive, and all Jared could do was stare at Grace a she walked over to him. He smirked as he gave her that look, and he purposely took a long drag, blowing the smoke at her. The look on her face makes him laugh. It's been a long time since he's laughed. Trust Grace to be able to bring it out of him. He glanced up at her again, she was so adorable. Flicking the cigarette away, he leant back, resting on his elbows.

"I can see that..." He should be nice, he should be nice to her; he thought. But then that familiar throbbing pain returned to his abdomen, and he groaned softly. "Took you long enough." He added harshly. It had only been a few minutes since she said she was coming over, but Jared couldn't help pushing her away. Even if she was the girl he loved. Even if she was standing there, in front of him.
O&O

AAA111

She looks at jared in awe that after driving over her to see him he is still being a complete jerk to her. She doesn't get why he is pushing her away. All that she wants to do is make things better. She is extremely naive in thinking that she can be the one to cure him and make him better.

"Wow not even her for 3 minutes and your on me already. You shouldn't smoke no wonder your sick and ddd--y--ing . Now tell me what is wrong with you?" She asks as she sits down on the porch. She had trouble saying the word dying because she didn't want to admit it to herself.

She stares at him. Wondering why all the bad stuff happens to her. Why can't she every be truly happy and content with her life? Jared doesn't deserve this. He has been there for her through break-up after break-up. He made her laugh at the worst and best of times. She loved him but she would never admit that to him. She thinks he has a big ego but not necessarily. It seems like a wall that he puts up.

Marjan

He looks at his best friend, his eyes filled with pain, his heart thudding dully in his chest. He closed his eyes. Jared knew the way he was acting towards her was far from friendly, it was unacceptable. He heard her voice quiver and felt his heart break. She cared about him, and just by pushing her away, he was hurting her.

"Grace! The smoking takes the pain away." She didn't deserve to know anymore. If she knew that she really was the only one to cure him, then she would never rest. Gazing up at her, he flashes his winning smile, a broad toothy grin that she'd seen countless times before. He pulls out yet another cigarette, lighting it up and taking a drag.
O&O

AAA111

"Don't give me that smile..don't even try it mister. And give me that" She says as she takes the cigarette out of his hands and flicks it onto the ground. She is determined to do whatever it takes to help or even cure him.

"Now tell me what happened? i need to know. stop being a stubborn boy and tell me NOW" she says getting angry at him as she raises her voice. She is always so timid, quiet, and shy so this outburst is definitely out of the ordinary for Lauren. She needs to figure out what is going on.

Marjan

"Hey!" He says hotly as she takes the cigarette. But then he smiles. Grace always had hated smoking, even if he was doing it. Seeing the anger flare up in her though, was something entirely new to him. He winced, but smirked up at her. Damn, she looked so hot when she was angry. He pushed those thoughts from his mind though as he pulled himself up to be sitting properly next to her.

"You really wanna know?" He wished he could put his arm around her, to tell her that everything was going to be okay. But he couldn't.

[[OOC: I was thinking, he has a rare kidney disorder, and he needs a donor of the opposite gender, and of the same blood group, and Grace is a match?]]
O&O

AAA111

[[Sounds like a plan to me]]

"There is that face I haven't seen in forever. I've missed that smile and especially your laugh and yes of course I want to know what is going on? I wouldn't have asked if I didn't and I wouldn't be here with you right now if I didn't care about my jerk of a best friend" She says giving him a little bit of attitude.

She just stares at him hoping he will tell her what is going on.

Marjan

"Cool it Grace...." He sighed heavily before glancing down at her.

"You wanna know what's going on, here... My kidneys are failing. I have a rare disease that needs donor's of the same blood type, but opposite gender. One kidney would save my life, and the other person would be alive to. But there aren't any donors that fit the match. So I only have till your birthday."
O&O

AAA111

She looks at him as she thinks to herself about all of this. She starts smiling and gets a really good idea.

"Hey I'm your match and I'm the opposite gender of you. I can do it. I can save your life. I can do it best friend" She says getting excited as she starts jumping up and down in excitement. She is scared for a major surgery but her love for him is so intensely huge she puts her fears aside for him.

Then she sits down next to him grinning up at him.

Marjan

Jared groaned softly. He couldn't let the only woman he's ever loved, risk her life for him. Closing his eyes, he sighed before looking up at her. She looked so happy, knowing that she could save him. As she sat down, he stood up.

"No. I won't let you. I'm not going to let you damage your future for me Gracie."

And with that, he pulled a smoke from the packet, lighting it up and taking a long drag as he stepped back. He couldn't believe he was doing this. It wasn't fair. She was willing to do this for him, but he wasn't willing to accept it from her.
O&O

AAA111

She looked straight up at him. She sighed in frustration at him. She wished he could just stop being so protective and let her do this one thing for him since he has always done so many things for her. He has always protected her no matter what and all she wants to do is help him

"Stop. Sit down and listen to me. I'm doing this for you. You are my best friend in the whole world and you have done more for me than I can ever ever explain and I just want you to do this one thing for me. Please just let me do this Jared" She says as a single small tear runs down her cheek

Marjan

He sighed, emotion filling him up, threatening to burst out of his chest.

"Awwe, Grace. Please don't cry..." Kneeling down infront of him, he cupped her face in his hands, brushing away the tear with his thumb. He moved closer, his forehead pressed against hers, like when they were kids and she was upset. "I just don't want to lose you. You've been too good to me over the years, and... and I can't... I can't..."

He bit his lip, choking back the few tears that had filled his eyes.
O&O

AAA111

She looks at him as he wipes away her tears taking care of her like he always used to when they were little. He was always such a great friend to her and all she wanted was to help him out

"You are not gonna lose me. I'm gonna give you my kidney and I'm gonna be okay and you are going to be okay and we are going to be best friends like we always used to be. No more of you pushing me away. Just best friend like we used to be. Back to the good ol days Jared"

She says smiling at him. She tries to be there for him. She has always thought everything is always going to be fine. She was always the positive one in the worst of times. Just kind of how she is.

Marjan

Her words hit her like a ton of bricks. He pulled himself back, heart racing in his chest.

"No... I can't. You are NOT giving me a kidney. I would rather die."

Jared stared at her, his eyes wide, like a deer caught in the headights of a lorry. The old days were good, but he just couldn't risk going back to them, with a broken best friend. He would rather it be just Grace, able to do what she wants, when she wants; then to her having to be careful about what she does for the rest of her life.
O&O

AAA111

She looks up at him as she sighs in frustration. She wonders why he has to be so damn overprotective of her. All she wants to do is save him.

"No no no NOOOO" She says standing up screaming at him. She is starting to get really annoyed with him and she is taking out her frustrations on him. She has never gotten like this with him before. Not EVER.

"You are going to sit down now, put that cigarette down, and listen to me NOW"She says getting stern with him. She has never raised her temper like that before. But losing contact with her best friend has caused her to act this way. She just wants all of the good times back that they had.