Looking for system games: Dune, Deviant, Conan, M&M, Kult, others...

Started by Beorning, September 06, 2021, 04:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beorning

Hello there!

I'm really, really itching for a system game right now. I own quite a few systems and some of them I haven't had an opportunity to play even once. Some of them I've played, but I want to come back to them...

Here's the list of games I'd like to play right now (with the biggest craving listed first):

• Dune: Adventures In The Empire
  • Deviant: the Primordial Renegades (yes, it's finally out!)
  • Mutants & Masterminds 3E
  • Kult: Divinity Lost
  • Conan: Adventures In An Age Undreamt Of
  • Cypher 2E (meaning, any game using this generic system)
  • Star Wars FFG (I have all three games)
  • Savage Worlds (SWADE - meaning, the latest version)
  • Pathfinder 1E
  • Infinity RPG
  • Age of Sigmar: Soulbound

I'd be interested in a solo or a really small group game, because my posting rate can be slow. So, I don't think I'm compatible with fast-moving group games...

Any takers? If so, please PM me :)

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TFcommando

I'm always up for playing Mutants and Masterminds 3e, with superheroes or other genres.  Or certain Savage Worlds settings, Deadlands Hell on Earth or Savage RIFTS.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

Zeth

I am currently running COnan2d20 and am very familiar with SWADE. I am learning M&M 3e.

I WILL RUN M&M 3E as a small group campaign. We must brainstorm the details.

Muse

Hi Zeth.  Great to see you again! 

I'd love it if you'd run some M&M.
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Beorning

I'd love some M&M too! Let's talk :)

BTW. Muse, sorry for not replying to your question in September. Deviant: the Renegades (which you asked about back then) is the newest games in the NWoD / CoD line. It's about mutants, cyborgs and other victims of weird experiments. Basically, Seth Brundle from Cronenberg's The Fly and similar characters.

Pumpkin Seeds

Angie

Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

TFcommando

Quote from: Zeth on December 15, 2021, 12:07:40 PM
I am currently running COnan2d20 and am very familiar with SWADE. I am learning M&M 3e.

I WILL RUN M&M 3E as a small group campaign. We must brainstorm the details.

I am game!

What were you thinking genre-wise?  Basic, general super team setup or something more specific, like Guardians of the Galaxy, Legion of Super-Heroes, Suicide Squad-esque heroes, or something even more exotic, pulp, cyberpunk/dark future, mecha?
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Zeth

I will use the four color genre and use the existing setting of Freedom City or Emerald city. That way all the books I own already have bad guys and plots ready to go and I don't have to explain it all. You just read the book.

Beorning

Quote from: Zeth on December 16, 2021, 11:19:11 AM
I will use the four color genre and use the existing setting of Freedom City or Emerald city. That way all the books I own already have bad guys and plots ready to go and I don't have to explain it all. You just read the book.

I'm in! :)

Raku

Zeth

Right So I'm using freedom city and you are all on the same super hero team. The POG CHAMPS (You can make up a better name later.)

The theme will be this.

https://imgchest.com/p/lqye3gok4dn

The choices don't matter because we use M&M 3e rules. But that is the world's view on sex. Super heroes and super villains fuck each other after fights and kinky shit is the norm. You each play a hero PL10 Using M&M 3e rules. You each get to brain storm your nemesis you want to bang. (Or you could just pick an existing one from the Rogue gallery.) If you want to play a villain then you play another hero player's nemesis. This way everyone has some one to fuck and isn't left out. I will play all Villains that no one else plays. So yeah, fuck yeah. Bring it all on.

Raku

Not what I expected, but still cool! Not sure what I want for my hero yet. I’m leaning for a badass normal type of crime fighter.

Angie

Quote from: Beorning on December 16, 2021, 02:13:20 PM
But... I thought it'd a normal superhero game!  :o

Yeah, I have misgivings. I'm gonna withdraw interest.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Zeth

Quote from: Beorning on December 16, 2021, 02:13:20 PM
But... I thought it'd a normal superhero game!  :o

Well If that is what you want. I can just have a normal supers game.

Beorning

I wouldn't want to drag you into something you're not interested in...

What I'd like is a non-sexualized superhero story with interesting villains and good action. Also, some depth in the way the characters are treated (I'm a big fan of Bronze Age Marvel, Roger Stern's stuff for example - I loved how he fleshed out old characters and introduced complex villains like Moonstone). Not saying that sex cannot happen, but I wouldn't like it to be the focus of the game...

Zeth

So 2 questions.

1.How familiar are you with the M&M 3e setting?

2. What section are we putting this group under? In Elliquiy you have to pick certain sexual elements before hand and put the group in that category.

Raku

I should mention I’m learning the ins and outs with a friend of my about how the game works. Right now it’s making character sheets that gives me trouble.

TFcommando

Going with the more traditional theme...

I'm pretty familiar with the M&M 3e setting, though I haven't followed the ins and outs of Freedom City's heroes through the editions super intensely.  Perhaps a "Freedom League West" team has just been established in the Not-LA or Not-SF city (Emerald City is Not-Seattle), allowing for a mix of east-coast heroes moving out there and local ones joining up. 

I would suggest Bondage Exotic Small Groups because A) Heroes can get tied up or restrained a lot while on the job and B) a lot aren't exactly human.  Martian Manhunter, Nightcrawler, Beast Boy/Changeling, Magik, Tigra, Jocasta, etc. 

Big fan of Stern, and Kurt Busiek here.  And Dwayne McDuffie... the people who make a comic universe feel big and interconnected.

Perhaps we could plan some of the PCs having active sex lives with each other in advance.  The difficulties of dating a normal person when having a secret ID and the high of being alive after an intense super battle are two things that might draw heroes together.

Also, I'm glad to help anyone with character building, I have a lot of experience there.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Beorning

When it comes to me, I'm relatively familiar with Freedomverse - I have most of the books for M&M 2E and 3E. I haven't read all of them in detail, but I know the most important things (and if I don't know something, I can educate myself easily).

As for the game's content rating... hm, I'm not sure? With superheroes, it can be anything from Vanilla to NC (I suppose we won't be crossing into the EX territory). And yeah, Exotic most probably.

TFcommando

I just had an idea that fits in with the Freedomverse. The PCs made all the recent graduates of the Claremont Academy former teen heroes now grown up, on their own and forming their own independent team.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in