Interest check - Mumble pen and paper group game

Started by HairyHeretic, July 26, 2013, 07:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HairyHeretic

Quite some time ago, I ran an L5R game over Mumble, and I like to think it worked decently well.

Now that we have mumble back again, I'm tossing out the idea of forming another group and playing another game, or games.

Who would be interested in playing or GMing?

What games would you like to play / GM?

Thoughts?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

MasterMischief

So very tempted.  I just hate to commit to something and then not be able to follow through.

BraveEarth

Hairy I like your GMing Style if your GMing I would play/learn anything

If I had to GM I would only be comfortable GMing Pathfinder L5R and Deadlands

HairyHeretic

I'd be willing to GM, though I'd prefer it on a rotating basis so I could also play. In terms of systems ...
L5R I've run before, and could run again.
Scion is probably my favourite setting to play in.
Dresden Files is good.
Exalted, though I'd probably wait for 3rd edition, since it's not all that far off.
Any of FFGs 40k line, though Black Crusade tops the list (followed by Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Only War).
Qin and Ragnarok (mythic roleplaying in China / Norse settings) interest me, and while I've skimmed them, I've never properly played them.
Changeling the Dreaming is a game I always wanted to have a try at, but never did. I don't know it well enough to run it, but I would like to play.
When Into The Far West finally makes it out, I'd enjoy a spin at that (Wuxia Western Steampunk)
I played in a Supers campaign using the Smallville rules set, which worked quite well.
I'd consider playing other systems, depending on what I knew of them.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Rook Seidhr

Depending on scheduling:
Could run Changeling: the Dreaming.
Would play Dresden Files, or some permutation of Fate Core.
Any number of other things.

HairyHeretic

Scheduling is always going to be the tricky part, especially given we have folks from all over the world.

If I remember correctly, we used to run mostly on a Saturday evening (late evening GMT) for 2-3 hours. That slot seemed to work for most people. Depending on who wants to play what, and peoples schedules, it can always be adjusted.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

AndyZ

Definitely keeping track of this, but don't really want to have to run something since I'm starting another novel.  I can't do every Saturday, but Mondays and Fridays would be best for me personally.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Rook Seidhr

Can't do Friday or Saturday. Sunday, Monday or Tuesday evenings (US Eastern) are really the only options for me.

Rook Seidhr

HairyHeretic

There weren't many of us, and it looked like our schedules didn't really overlap that well. *shrugs*

I'm in the GMT timezone, and weekends are the only time I would likely be able to play with anyone in the US. Maybe the rest of you can find a day that suits.

Cattle die, kinsmen die