Terminator group game - Scifi/ Post-apocalypse (Recruitment)

Started by Caitlin, August 05, 2013, 02:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baalborn87

I guess "inventor/tinkerer" would probably fit. They make the stuff and I keep it running.

Baalborn87

Caitlin

Heya Silk, it'd be awesome to have you aboard!

Could you let us know by Wednesday whether or not you'd like to join? I'm thinking of starting the game next week Monday and it'd give me a couple of days to make some other preparations. :-)

Baalborn, the updates look good, though I hope you won't take high offense if I leave out the first aid part with Specialty, that way everybody gets to have a single Specialty that only belongs to that character. :)
(All the characters will be put in a special thread when the game goes live, along with important updates and story progression info.)

Baalborn87

Consider it gone.

Sorry, you mentioned that we were all experienced in first aid. Thats why I left it.

No worries  :-)

Any objection to Anthony using ?

Caitlin

I'll have to double check what they used in the series and movies. I think they used similar weapons in Terminator Salvation, but that was at a prime rebel base that was heavily defended and even had access to helicopters. Conner used a similar weapon at the start of the movie too, but once again, he was part of a special strike force.

I don't think there is an issue with that weapon though, it'd make sense that our guys have at least some of the good stuff to defend themselves with. :-)

[edit]
Coming weekend I'll make a list of the kind of weapons and stuff we can use. Our resistance base is pretty much an outpost near the front, but it makes sense that Command would send (ir)regular supplies of weapons and ammo to these outposts. Since we're up against Terminators it'd also make sense that we have some pretty heavy hardware. Guns alone simply don't cut it. ;)

In fact, I even thought about having some experimental EMP or electricity based weaponry to shortcut terminators, and I'm sure our inventor could create some EMP grenades or boobytraps as well to take care of those nasty buggers. ;D

Baalborn87

I predict a high amount of weapons compatible with .22 ammo. What with how common it is now and how easy it would be to manufacture with limited resources.

Caitlin

Can you make a list of weapons that work with that ammo?

I'll be the first to admit that I'm no expert on guns or anything, but it'd be nice if we have some names and pictures from which we can select weapons. We're not going into the details of each weapon during the game anyway, but we might as well use the correct names. :)

GENERAL UPDATE:
I'd like to move the game forward tomorrow, today is the last day people can sign up. I still need a T-800 and normal character biography from LordMing and I'll ask Silk in a pm if she's still interested in joining. If you haven't done so yet, then please get your biography done before Saturday so I can work on the various topics this weekend.

Baalborn87

Neither do I, I'm English. But it came up in a discussion about the TV show "Revolution".

looking through this article "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.22_caliber" it looks like .22 would be woefully underpowered.

Quick research suggests (in the USA at least) that the 9mm is quite common (go figure). But .22 is still the most common (though only good for small game hunting).

Found quite a useful link about the video game (imfdb = internet movie firearms database) http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Terminator_Salvation_(VG)

Caitlin

That's a very useful link, thanks!

I think it'd be a good idea to allow everything on there in the game, though weapons like the mini-gun are going to be terminator only (which isn't a problem since we'll have 1 of those in the resistance). A normal human wouldn't be able to lift and shoot it without bullets flying everywhere due to the recoil.

Baalborn87

Found a metric ton of weapons from terminator salvation (which i'm guessing is the time frame you're using). http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Terminator_Salvation

Caitlin

Very nice yes!

Terminator Salvation plays in 2018, our story plays in 2029, 11 years later. As a result we can have slightly more advanced technology. With most of mankind gone technological developments go slower than they did before Judgment Day, but mankind has also proven time and again that when it comes to war we're very inventive, especially during times of war. As a result it makes sense that there were some big advancements made in war technology, either by the resistance or from captured Skynet technology. I don't know how much of this we'll see in our game since we're just a simple outpost, but there is room for going a bit beyond what's in that link, especially later in the game. :-)

Other news; I found one other person who will most likely join the game. That brings the total to 5 players including myself. I'll leave the recruitment thread open since it's easy to incorporate new players into the game, but I'm not going to actively recruit people anymore.

Caitlin

General update: I received Silk's biography, but I have yet to receive LordMing's biographies. I'll see if I can start the game coming Wednesday. I'll pm a link to the OOC/IC/PLOT topics once those are up.

If other people are interested in joining then please let me know. We have room to squeeze another person in. :-)

[edit August 25, 2013]
We're not accepting new people for now. I'll lock the topic until new spots open up. Feel free to contact me either way through pm if you have questions about this game.