Villain Roleplay: Defining a Villain (Villain and liveobsessed)

Started by liveobsessed, December 10, 2010, 08:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

liveobsessed

Chika Kagami was a little cafe hidden beneath one of the most popular cybercafes. Still, despite it's proximity to a well frequented place, it was frequented only enough to stay open. Maria sat in her usual corner with her laptop surrounded by papers. She'd been researching bank layouts and how they work for the past three hours.
She was given an interesting proposal the previous night. The meeting had made her feel too close to the plan, but she knew there was little to do but accept. Moros, the man in charge, gave her a bad feeling. Nothing that she had heard had been good. She had decided to keep him even farther than his personal life than she normally did.
Her head was beginning to throb. Grabbing her cup, she realized with disdain that she'd finished the cup already. She breathed in the air that was saturated with the aroma of coffee. Books lined three of the walls, stains had sunk into the old wood table tops from people that had spilled. Some said that it was an unpleasant smell, but Maria loved it here. She grabbed her mug and walked up to the counter. Another reason she loved this place, they give you good real mugs to drink from. None of that paper cup shit, unless you ordered to go of course. "Hey Matt," she greeted as she approached the man working the counter. "Hey! Look who dragged herself out of the corner. Out of fuel I imagine," he teased as he took her cup. She smiled, familiar with his joking. "Oh shut up. I've been here a lot longer than you, you bum." He laughed as he started her large latte with an extra shot, no flavoring.
You're not forcing me; I get off in the fight.

Villain

"Excuse me, sorry to interupt, but could I get another double espresso? I'm finding it a real hand full to log on to my world of warcraft account without my daily boost of caffeine." A sarcastic almost sly voice asked from Maria's side. An arm stretched past her, covered by the sleeve of a grey leather jacket, and placed a few dollars on the counter.

Standing next to Maria was Moros; smiling warmly like he always did. By now Maria would be aware that the smile was beyond questionable. It was unclear whether Moros had any genuine affection behind him. His character seeemed to just treat everything like it was just one big game for his amusement. She would probably even wonder if he even cared about whether they lived through the entire plan or not.

"Why there's a face I remember, although I don't mean to embarass you when I say that it's unlikely any man could forget a face as wonderful as yours" He said, his smile breaking into a grin as he said every word. He had been truely fascinated by Maria, he knew that out of the three of his associates she would be the one who was the most wary of him. He couldn't wait to see if he could find out anything about her.

liveobsessed

The sudden appearance of Moros made Maria uncomfortable. She had intended to avoid him at all costs, except for what was necessary with the job, but here he was in her haven. Disgust churned in her stomach when he smiled. He was by no means unattractive, but his smile was filled with lies. It was uncertain what those lies were exactly, but they were there. "What are you doing here?" she all but growled. "Don't bother being cute either." She spent at least two hours there everyday, always the same time. She stood stiffly, unwilling to let her guard down, or give him an excuse to join her.

Villain

"Ah listen to her growl. It's like an angry kitten." He spoke with delight before looking towards Mark who seemed a little put off by the sudden conflict between the two of them. "Oh don't look so nervous Mark we're old friends. Our mothers knew our fathers and as you can imagine we saw a lot of each other at summer barbeques." He said the lie with such fluidness and fondness that to anyone who didn't know Moros it would sound like the genuine truth.

Moros's glance seemed to change as he met Maria's stare. He knew he had rattled Maria and was certain that Maria knew he had done it for that purpouse. He seemed to be silently asking her what she would do with his eyes before he grinned and lied again, "You know me Maria, I'm a level fifty five fire mage, I can't go a day without my daily dose of online gaming.".

liveobsessed

Maria forced herself to laugh, "Of course, of course. I guess you...surprised me is all." She brushed some hair from her face and turned back toward the counter. "Add an extra shot, would you?" she requested. "So," she said at Moros, "Did something happen?" She hoped that he would leave soon.

Villain

"Oh yes something happened. Uncle Ted has started to get worried about the possibility of his new job. I told him he was being a bit silly but he does like to worry that old coot." He said with affection before chuckling lightly. "I suppose it must be the contract that he's worried about the most, he seems to be very eager to write it up, but he doesn't know exactly where to start..." Moros's voice trailed off before he suddenly clicked his finger and jumped up excitedly, "Oh wait a minute. Why don't you help out with the contract? Your good with paper work aren't you?" He said excitedly before suddenly pausing and shaking his head, "No wait that would be imposing of me, never mind. Hey Mark can you bring my espresso over to my table?" Moros spoke before taking out his wallet.

"Here's an extra buck for the trouble." He said before turning and walking away without giving either of them a chance to answer him.

Maria would instantly notice what Moros had done. As he pulled out the extra dollar from his wallet his drivers license had fallen out and accidentally landed on the floor next to Maria. She would know that Moros had done it on purpose to make her come over to him and give it back. A test of trust as well as an invitation to chat.

liveobsessed

The decision which was placed before her pissed her off. Moros, the ass, had purposefully dropped his 'license'. She picked it up and looked over the details. The address was in the southern part of the city and the name was plain. Matt placed her coffee on the counter and leaned close to whisper, "Who is that?" Maria contemplated telling him, knowing that he would take it in jest, but thought better of it. Instead, she asked, "He's never been here before?" Matt shook his head, "At least never when I'm working."  Maria had guessed as much, but it still got on her nerves. "Well, thanks. You know what to do, and take a five for yourself, would you?"
She walked over, coffee in hand, and tossed the license on Moros's table. "Nice fake. Where'd you get it?" She knew it was fake, and if it wasn't, Moros was an idiot. Moros wasn't an idiot. She'd finally accepted that he wouldn't leave anytime soon, but still refused to sit down. If she could, she would find an excuse to retreat back to her corner.

Villain

"I made it." Moros spoke as he watched Maria with the same sppark of excitement in his eye that he had when meeting her for the first time. He didn't mind her being a little cold towards him, he had learned from their meeting that Maria would take time to fully accept him as a collegue she could trust. "Fakes are a speciality of mine. Its an art to me. The perfect fake can make the success of a plan so very swift and rewarding." He kicked out a chair for her to sit in but he had a feeling that even if he offered she wouldn't take it. He turned to the computer that sat by his right hand side before opening a web page. A news article was open on it that said; 'Crime boss found dead on mountain, presumed to have frozen in the night'.

liveobsessed

She ignored the article on his computer. Of course she had already read about it, but since she had yet to come across the coroner's report, she wasn't buying it. "Good to know that you can do something other than plan work for someone else to do." She eyed the chair that he'd kicked out. Of course he would want her to join, but she would hold out a bit longer. "Now I don't feel like writing contracts at the moment. I do unfortunately have other things to do, so unless there's something else...." she let her statement hang without an ending.

Villain

For a moment he looked at her with a slightly disapointed. He turned in his chair back to the computer and didn't say anything for a moment. He looked like a child that had just been told off. "I gave you something there, for someone who likes information I would have thought you would have wondered why I showed you that." He spoke in a dull voice.

liveobsessed

Maria sighed and sat down. She was tired of the games. "I'm sorry to disappoint you. I have already read the article, and since the coroner's report has not surfaced yet, I find little reason to believe it," she explained. "I only dig for information which is relevant to me or my job. Prove to me this matters and I'll stay." She took a sip of her coffee, the caffeine hitting her blood like heaven. The stress from her personal life was already wearing her down without the help.

Villain

"I've given you two pieces of information Maria." Moros spat the name, hinting that the fake name was pointless because he already knew her real one. "Aren't you tempted to actually connect some dots and figure out who I am?" He challenged looking over his shoulder with a scowl on his face.

"I've risked a lot by revealing part of my history and this article you know? In fact part of me even wonders why I'm doing it, it feels like madness to me," He spoke before pausing a moment to consider what he had said before turning back to the computer. "but yet...when I look at you I feel like I can't resist. I want you to know."

liveobsessed

"You're crazy," she stated. She stopped herself from continuing when Moros's drink was delivered. After he left she stayed quiet for a moment. "Information is both a blessing and a curse. While I would love to reveal your deepest, darkest secret, I'm sure that it would do me little good.," She paused to take another drink. "I'm not truly suited to such things. Normally I collect information and deliver it. The uses or users are completely irrelevant to me." Tracing a finger over a stain on the table she contemplated something. "Do you know why I go by 'Maria'?"

Villain

"If thats the way you feel maybe I shouldn't answer?" He asked as he shut down the web page and turned towards her to look her in the eye. At that moment Maria would see something in his eyes that even Moros would not be aware that he was showing; respect. Although if he knew he was showing her he wouldn't deny that he did respect her, but now it seemed as if no matter how hard he tried he couldn't do it.

liveobsessed

The respect was obvious in his eyes, but still she did not know if she could respect him. She wondered if he even realized that his guard was down. "It comes from Santa Maria," she continued explaining, temporarily ignoring what he had said. "Saint Mary. I picked that name up from when I used information to help others. There was no paycheck involved." She stopped herself from saying more. If she didn't shut up now, she would say too much. "I'll unveil you, but now is not the time. If I know too much about you now, it will compromise me for the job. Neither one of us can have that, don't you agree?" She was more comfortable speaking with him now, but she knew she was treading dangerous waters.

Villain

Moros nodded, surprisingly not smirking when she mentioned that she had had a more compassionate way with her profession. "Your missing one piece before you unveil me and you know that." He informed her before the warm smile returned to his face and he leaned back in his chair, "You don't know my real name. I know you've tried to find it, but it's invisible to you for now." He spoke before raising an eyebrow as if to ask if she was up to the challenge.

liveobsessed

It was true. He was completely disconnected from his real name. "Are you offering it?"

Villain

"Are you willing to have coffee with me?" He replied as he looked at her and motioned to the empty seat beside him.

liveobsessed

She stared at the seat for a moment before moving over and sitting down. Sipping her coffee, she pondered something. "How did you find me?"

Villain

"It was challenging, you were practically invisible." He spoke as he began to sip his espresso calmly, managing to now cover the feeling of satisfaction he felt when she sat down to join him. "I had to look really hard at events, I had to question what the stimulus was behind some of the crime organisations activities." He looked at her from behind the small cup, his eyes locking with hers, "I had a feeling that you existed, I didn't think so many people could pull off genius level crimes without having someone to depend on." He spoke before lowering the cup. "I went undercover, managed to find traces of you, but it was like getting blood from a rock. You keep yourself almost perfectly hidden."

liveobsessed

"It's reassuring at least, to know I made you work." She said nothing else, allowing him to direct the conversation that he wanted to have.

Villain

"I worked harder than I thought I would to find you." He said with a smile, giving her a small applause, "I eventually managed to find out the method in which they all contacted you, I found on some things about you, but I doubt you would want me revealing the infomation I recieved. After all they could still be mere assumptions.".

liveobsessed

"And what would you do if they were?" She swirled her coffee in her cup. "I am interested to know what people have been saying about me. I always hear so much about others, but naturally no one speaks to me of my own doings."

Villain

"They said your a demon in the sack." He joked his grin was wide as he watched her reaction before shaking his head, "They say you keep no one close your always by yourself, they say your family died a long time ago and that why you began with more noble intentions" He frowned a little as he said this before continuing, "They say something happened then to make you change, maybe a lost love or friend, which is why you keep yourself so far away from your work." He watched her, going silent for a moment as he said one final sentence, "They say your lonely Maria...are you?".

liveobsessed

Maria smirked at the information. "Nice to know that rumors are still wrong," she commented as she finished her coffee. "Though to be fair, it's not entirely untrue." She breathed a heavy sigh before she continued. "My family disowned me, so they're good as dead. Unfortunately, they're not, and they're hunting me. Why they disowned me is also why they're hunting me, and why I had to change. It's also why this job is the perfect opportunity." She leaned back into the chair. "And lonely? I am content with my shallow relationships that are worth little to anyone involved."