News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Adventurer's Guild (5th Edition DND)

Started by Lyku, December 12, 2015, 10:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freeko

I guess once im done with this garbage ass 15 hour day i just got screwed over with, I'll look it over..tomorrow.

How do I link my character on myth-eaters or whatever its called so someone here could see it?

Lyku

Open the sheet then copy and paste the link in the address bar here.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

freeko

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=706549

I assume that is what you are referring to?

I think I ported most everything that I know to port over from the sheet I had on mega. Let me know what I am missing, since I am almost certainly missing something. Mostly the things that the Acolyte gives. What would I need component wise to cast the cantrip spells?

Also, is there a way to have the holy symbol be engraved on the shield that she is using?

FarFetched

Done with applying the spread; pretty sure I got it right this time but I could always be wrong. Thank you for the help, Lyku!

eternaldarkness

Quote from: freeko on February 11, 2016, 12:22:01 PM
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=706549

I assume that is what you are referring to?

I think I ported most everything that I know to port over from the sheet I had on mega. Let me know what I am missing, since I am almost certainly missing something. Mostly the things that the Acolyte gives. What would I need component wise to cast the cantrip spells?

Also, is there a way to have the holy symbol be engraved on the shield that she is using?

Cantrips don't typically require components to cast other than verbal or somatic. As for putting a holy symbol on your shield - That's what an Emblem is. They're actually in the PHB.

schnookums

Hmm, having a hard time deciding what to play

Lyku

For those who are curious but may not have the books, free guides are here.  These are not the full books, but they have enough to make a character and explain the game:

https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules

ALSO... I may be looking into an assistant DM.  If you're interested... umm.. PM me and I'll keep people updated.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

freeko

Quote from: eternaldarkness on February 12, 2016, 09:53:57 AM
Cantrips don't typically require components to cast other than verbal or somatic. As for putting a holy symbol on your shield - That's what an Emblem is. They're actually in the PHB.

You talk as if I have any idea what I am doing, which is a big mistake. I have never done 5e before and my autism is tripping hard because my mind wants it to be 2.5/3.5 and well.. its not.

I wouldnt know to look for something that I dont even know exists in the first place. This 5e handbook is just a nightmare to navigate which is why I have been repeatedly asking for help in making my character. It is not a joke, I just cannot seem to wrap my head around this at all.

Lyku

It's alright.  I am actually leaving work early due to a storm  warning, so I will be able to give more attention when at home.  We'll get you feeling comfortable with this.

tyr4n02r

Okay, I got it: 5e is confusing to pick up from more modular systems, because you are looking for math problems and equations that no longer exist. Its like going from Street Fighter to Smash Bros. Both solid engines, but your Super Hadouken input just makes Luigi plank. (And before anyone says it, Yes Ryu is in Smash, and does have the button input for a Super Hadouken. Doesn't count tho.)
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Mainly missing on Tuesdays, sorry.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

freeko

Quote from: Lyku on February 12, 2016, 02:26:01 PM
It's alright.  I am actually leaving work early due to a storm  warning, so I will be able to give more attention when at home.  We'll get you feeling comfortable with this.

PM me when you get home?

RE: I hate 5e

Spells give by the god I choose, do they or do they not have their own casting slots? Like I get 2 spells to cast and my god (Lugh) gives me Bless and Cure Wounds, do the spells given by the god count toward those two spells or are they in addition to the two spells? Basically do I get domain spell slots or is it all a pool of the 2 spell slots to be used that are common?

Also, do I get 4 additional spells to use in addition to those 2 spells given by the god? So would I have a total of 4 spells available or six?

Lyku

Page 22 of the book I provided you with, under clerics.  Domain spells are additional spells you always have prepared, but the arent extra spell slots. 

Zaer Darkwail

Simply said whenever you pray for new spell slots per day you pick also spells what you 'know' given day and it's based on cleric level (was it 1/2?) + wisdom modifier. That is your total pool of spells known, so in short in 20th level your spells known is based same formula as in 1st level. Domain spells are spells which are always known/prepared (so no need spend spell known spot for those). But all other cleric spells in cleric spellcasting list you have to pick what you know and do not know.

Also as mentioned in cantrips sacred flame is a must have (as it's only at-will ranged attack spell what cleric can get and radiant is very splendid damage type against many foes which good clerics fight against).

Anycase the spell slots you get you can cast any spell known as you like in given spell tier (like in 3.5 sorcerer does).

freeko

I updated the sheet in mythwhatever, so the link before should have the updated version now.

subboi

Alright, this is my first time setting up a DND character, and I did it by myself, so please correct me if I have made a mistake.

Name: Hollinys Chorster
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Class: Rogue
Background: Street Urchin
Level: 1
Alignment: Neutral
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 130 pounds

Abilities
Strength: 10 + 1
Dexterity: 16 + 1
Constitution: 12 + 1
Intelligence: 15 + 1
Wisdom: 8 + 1
Charisma: 14 + 1

Equipment
Shortsword, shortbow and quiver of 20 arrows, explorers pack, leather armor, 2 daggers, thieves' tools.

Biography and Appearance: Hollinys was orphaned at a young age. Raised in the streets, he learned to take advantage of his slight build and nimble fingers to survive. He learned how to fight and sneak. Being rather pretty for a boy, he even found himself forced to sell his body at his lowest points.

Hollinys is fairly short and lightweight. He has a slender body and pale skin. He has deep blue eyes. His hair is dirty blonde and hangs down to his shoulders in curls.

Again I'm not certain that this is right so correct me if I'm wrong on anything.

Lyku

Looking good so far.  Couple notes:

Ability spread is actually. 16, 15, 14, 12, 10, 8.  So take off the 13 you have on yours and replace with a 16.  Feel free to assign that anywhere.

Next look into skills that you will be proficient in.  Dont forget that humans have a varient option for their racial bonuses, which would give you +1 to 2 attributes, then a feat and another skill you are proficient in.  The reason to note this is because Skill ability modifiers change based on even number scores.  Quick table

Scores / Modifier
8 - 9 / -1
10 - 11 / 0
12 - 13 / +1
14 - 15 / +2
16 - 17 / +3
18 - 19 / +4
20 - 21 / +5

And so on, capping at 30.  Cap for a character without any magic is 20 though.

My players hand book is MIA, but for skills, you get to pick some from a list for rogue (I think they are pick 4 from a list), then you get 2 more skills based on the background you pick, and finally you get get one more if you took the human varient.

freeko

Is there somewhere I need to place my character?

I have been done ( I think) a few days now and have not heard anything one way or the other. At this point I would not be wanting to do anything until after the weekend since I am finishing with packing and loading things for the convention this weekend that I will be going to.

Lyku

Information should be in previous posts, but I will repost everything.  One second...

---
EDIT

Character Vault : https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=241269.0

OOC Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=241267.0

Main IC Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=241224.0

Lyku

As groups are returning back from their adventures, new players are now welcome to apply if interested.  I am more than willing to help people... but just don't be a jerk. :)

pcnovaes

I'll put a quick character togheter and hop on XD
Do I post it here or pm it top you?

Lyku

Post here and introduce yourself to the group.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=241267.0

Once approved, I'll give you the link of where to put the sheet.  You will be starting at level 1.  Character creation should be either in this thread or that one as I provided scores for starting stats.

Tamhansen

This is array built only right? No point built characters?

Really interested, but need to see if I cam build my bard using the array, without gimping myself too much.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Zaer Darkwail

We use the pre-determined array of stats than point buy. From experience I would place 16 on charisma, 15 on Dex or Str (whichever will be your main physical combat stat, recommend go for Dex route for higher AC and using finesse weapons) and then 14 to Int (if go for bard of lore) or Con (if go for bard of valor as you likely go melee then as bard) and then 12 to wisdom (or constitution if not already), 10 to either Int or Wis (depending earlier choices) and finally 8 to combat stat which you do not plan use (Str likely or Dex).

So you gimp either having low Str or Dex basically. Or if want go 'dumb' route you could place to Int as int is most least asked save and could work for bardic skald of valor (lore it would be plain weird). Bard mostly needs primarily Cha, followed by Str/Dex (combat style choice) and then Con (to survive hits).

Tamhansen

Meh. If you look at the mechanics of the game, Dex highly outweighs charisma. Charisma needs to be relatively high, but there's no need to top it, as a bard's primary focus isn't spellcasting.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, incase if you did not know the bards who are from college of lore are best spellcasters in entire game, when it comes versatility and knowing various spells. Basically 'red mage' on steroids. So saying spells are not part of bard's arsenal is same as telling figther's weapons nor armor are not part of their class :P.

So even if you decide not pick any spells which asks saving throws (there is lot of them in bard's tree and other spell trees), having high charisma helps in class crucial skill checks and also boost saving throw which you got profiency in already (performance, deception, persuasion, are all charisma related). Also inspiring leader (even if lackluster as a feat) greatly benefits from high charisma modifier.

Also many healing/buffing spells have xdx+cha mod in them, so to serve in role of buffing or healing you need high charisma modifer (example heroism gives temp Hp per round based on cha mod alone).

Also one your important class features; bardic inspiration, numbers are entirely on charisma modifer (if got 0 charisma mod as bard you can only do it once per combat for entire day until 5th level you recover bardic inspiration between short rests also). In 5th edition bards are solid support jack-of-all-trades class, in case lore bards their also most versatile spellcasters also.

So, do not dump your charisma as bard and use best stat for it. It's worth me trust me ;)