The Barricades (Tragedy. Recruiting M&F)

Started by Montagne, June 07, 2013, 08:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerevan

Indeed. This is looking quite exciting. Though I've a question, fearless leader. :D About how long do you imagine them actually managing to hold the barricades? Are we talking a couple of days, a couple of weeks, maybe even a month or two? (I mean, obviously they can't hold them forever, especially since this is a tragedy where they all die, but it's possible that the government might give them slightly longer to "repent" than they would the average citizen, since university students are meant to become tomorrow's upper crust and societal backbone.)

Montagne

Hmm, in terms of them holding out, IC I assume no more than a few nights. As the majority of the students scatter at the first sign of violence they will deploy overwhelming force on those who remain, they would quite like the radicals gone from the country, and this seems a great opportunity to do it.

Cerevan

Sounds good, though I'm assuming that they are going to be very loooong IC days. ::) All told. Honestly I'm glad that this is actually making sense given the circumstances surrounding it. Those times where there's a siege that lasts for years for no conceivable reason...yeesh.

Visna

I'm still going to join, just holding out for a few more days to see the cast.  :-)

Julles

Well, I've told a few people about this idea, so hopefully some more people spike an interest. I am getting excited for this play, I have been wanting to play Evie for a while, and this seems like a perfect fit.  ;D

Cerevan

Quote from: Julles on June 19, 2013, 10:32:38 PM
Well, I've told a few people about this idea, so hopefully some more people spike an interest. I am getting excited for this play, I have been wanting to play Evie for a while, and this seems like a perfect fit.  ;D

Yes. Very much hoping some of my friends will pick up on the very pointed hints I've been dropping them about this RP as well. It's just so shiny and wonderful. And shiny. Also, Evie looks like a badass. An awesome scary badass. Mad props for that.

Julles

Quote from: Cerevan on June 19, 2013, 10:38:07 PM
Yes. Very much hoping some of my friends will pick up on the very pointed hints I've been dropping them about this RP as well. It's just so shiny and wonderful. And shiny. Also, Evie looks like a badass. An awesome scary badass. Mad props for that.

Very shiny indeed. And thank you, I enjoy playing a more tough character, and I thought this would be a fun play to get this girl out and into the world.

Cerevan

I've always wanted to play a tough character, but somehow they always end up being insecure little fuckers on the inside. ::) Either that or they care too much about everyone. Poor dears. I think it's cool that you took it on a female bent as well. We have to have one lady leading the troops at least. ;)

Julles

Ha. Yeah, that's usually how my head-strong females end up. But, not this one, at least I hope not. And that was one of the reasons I wanted to make her a leader, can't have all guys running around out there. Where's the fun in that.  XD

Cerevan

Eh, well, if she does she has good reason, at least. With the insecurity, I mean.

And yes! Quite so! I do find it abjectly hilarious and a spit into the face of stereotypical gender roles that the Communist and Pacifist camps are to be led by men, while the Anarchists are to be led by a woman. Quite the reversal of the "usual thing." Huzzah for dropping gender stereotypes on their heads. Or something. Uhm.

Julles

Ha. I got ya. -raises a glass- To all those stereotypical players, shame on them!

Cerevan

Please excuse any awkward babbling I do, as I am currently in a somewhat spastic mood and my thoughts are misfiring in their eloquence.

Julles

No need for apologies as I am sure I am the same way right now. I should probably go to sleep. Farewell, I hope you enjoy your evening/day. -waves-

Visna

Name: Kurosawa Chou (Born Kurosawa Shin)
Played by: Visna
Eyes: Black
Hair: Reddish Brown (Dyed)
Height: 5'6"
Sexuality: Pansexual

Role/Archetype: The Mascot
Death : Realistic
Personality: Chou is bubbly and positive even in the face of adverse situations. The mistreatment that she fought through during her youth made her appreciate friendship more than most. She is supportive of others and loyal to a fault. She is very open-minded, and she enjoys hearing the views and thoughts of others. Although she is one of the top students in her freshman class, she doesn't brag and rarely shows off her intellect. Chou is very talkative and never bashful.
Background/History: Chou was born as a male, and her parents raised her as such. At a young age, she realized that she didn't fit in. Her parents both died in a tragic car accident, leaving Chou (then Shin) in the hands of her godparents. It was a blessing in disguise because her godparents were much more accepting of her image and desire to be herself. As she aged, she began to identify as a girl. She dated boys, dressed in dresses, and enjoyed typical feminine hobbies. It was a struggle, but she practiced and changed until she began to fit in. When she was sixteen, her godparents consented and allowed her to begin taking hormones. She legally changed her name to Chou (due to her obsession with butterflies), and her closest friends began to accept her as a girl. She was always picked on, but her upbeat attitude made her appear strong in public. The insults did hurt, and she saw college as the chance to start fresh. She never thought of herself as a political activist, but she saw the others and couldn't help but feel the need to support them as well. She wants society to change and accept everybody.
Additional Character Info:

• Chou is a pre-operation transgender. She has breast implants, and she went through hormone treatment.
  • Although she identifies as female, she doesn't get mad at people who still call her a male.
  • She loves eating almost any sort of food, but her favorite meal is sushi.
  • She can speak Japanese, English, and Spanish.
  • Even though she was far from popular, Chou managed to date both boys and girls during high school. She thinks that human interaction (and sexual interaction) is key to enjoying life.
  • Her political views are still up in the air, although she identifies as a communist purely because of her desire for equality.
  • Chou still has some tomboyish interests. She loves sports, and she has recently found an interest in guns and target shooting.

Cerevan

I guess this means you and I are going to be thrown together quite a bit, fair Visna. At least in the platonic sense since my character wants to protect yours.  :P

Montagne

approved! We're slowly building the cast :)

Visna

Quote from: Cerevan on June 20, 2013, 03:27:47 PM
I guess this means you and I are going to be thrown together quite a bit, fair Visna. At least in the platonic sense since my character wants to protect yours.  :P

Want to connect them somehow? Send me a message with your thoughts and we can talk about it.  ;)

Julles

So, I hope this gets off the ground. I'm a little bummed out it hasn't already. :-(

Cerevan

It is pretty sad that it seems like it's dying.

Julles

It is sad indeed. Wish there was more i could do to get it going.

Montagne

indeed, unless we can get a few more players i dont think we have enough to start the IC, which is incredibly sad, as we all seem so up for this one.

Cerevan

This just makes me sad, man.  :-\ LIVE, RECRUITMENT THREAD. LIVE AND PROSPER. -Makes wiggly magic fingers at it.-

TheHangedOne

Well... personally, with how long it's been, and how fickle my muse is, I'm not feeling this game any more. I hope you guys can pull it off, though.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Julles

Aww. This is just sad to look at now.  :-(

Montagne

seems this one hasn't reached the numbers, so i wont keep you guys waiting when there are other fun games. What I will do however, is open it up at a later date :)