News:

Main Menu

Floods In Queensland

Started by pandaandthelion, January 12, 2011, 07:57:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pandaandthelion

Hey Everyone

as you know the floods in Queensland Australia are the worst that australia is Having, my thoughs are with thoes who have lost Family and Friends and to the people who are safe but have lost their houses because of the rising flood water. Where i live the main part of the city is under water and all the roads in and out seem to be cut off, Where i live i'll be safe so no need to worry about pandaandthelion
If you live in australia please try and donate what ever you can food, clothes, cash, toiletries anything that could help thoes ones in need and to thoes who live In another country and want to help out try and find a donation website I am not sure if they are any available as of yet but if you find one please try and donate whatever you can

Pandaandthelion

Nova

I heard the floods contain snakes in them, people are being warned not to touch any lengthy brown sticks. Incase they are snakes. I live in ACT, so i'm not in threat. But they are planning for my company to help them.

Sabby

I'm lucky. I'm in Rockhampton, so will pretty much see no water or supply interruption.

pandaandthelion

Thats Good Nova its great to see how australia come together in time of need like with the Fires in Victoria and the cyclones up north, its just proves how australia is a great nation :D:D

Nova

Indeed, we even sent a robot to help out New Zealands mining shaft thing. But i don't know what use i'll be up there, just let my Colonel tell me what to do...Ha.

pandaandthelion

Oh thats good nova it just sucks that all thoes guys lost their lives it was heartbreaking to hear they didnt survive D: yeah i dont know how the robot could help unless it sucked in the water and evaporated it

Kip

The sense of community here at the moment is fantastic - peope working for 24 hours plus as volunteers to fill and hand out sandbags..  Others walking up and down the car line handing out bottles of water and lollies or offering their help setting up sandbags at the destination...

I've met people in my neighborhood I'd never seen before as everyone checks in on each other...

Pretty inspiring despite the struggles and challenges

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

pandaandthelion

Yeah it is, my parents are letting one of my brothers friends stay here cause their house went under water fully they could only see the top of their roof, Like even when the flood water reached people where still helping people getting their possessions and putting their own lives in danger to help people they might not even know or anything its really Fantastic what people are doing i know people in South aussie are doing shoe boxes to send up here which is good news :D

Cybrewaste

We've lost nothing yet, though the worst is still to come and we'll have to see for the next couple of days.
Need a new RP? Swing by my RP request thread

Check out my Ons and Offs!

Haven't received a reply and you're not sure why? There may be a reason! [Updated - 30/6/15 AEST ]

Posts owed: [6/7]

Oniya

Quote from: pandaandthelion on January 12, 2011, 08:23:36 AM
Oh thats good nova it just sucks that all thoes guys lost their lives it was heartbreaking to hear they didnt survive D: yeah i dont know how the robot could help unless it sucked in the water and evaporated it

I suspect the robot might have been sent in to see if the miners had found an air pocket.  Sometimes the twisty nature of a mine can save someone's life during a disaster, but it also makes it hard to get to them.  (My great-grandfather was a coal miner, and something called a 'toad-hole' saved his life once.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

pandaandthelion

I'm so sorry Cyberwaste That must be heart breaking to loose everything or did you save what you wanted I hope your okay though I'm here if you need to talk to anyone or anything