Second War of the Gods (Interest Check)

Started by OHWceta, February 20, 2013, 11:29:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OHWceta

The First War of the Gods as when mankind was created. Living in Heaven the Gods became greedy over deciding who would rule over the world. The fight would split Heaven into parts, each God would be given a part which was their own.

The God of Light as Given the closest part as He needed to be close to Earth to keep the sun from scorching it.
The God of Death was Given the Moon because it needed to take the souls back to its realm quickly after they died on Earth.
The Other Gods each had a star which was their residence.

It was many centuries later that one of the Gods, a God named Terra began to grow greedy. Bending the wills of the people he watched over, Terra sought power over the other Gods, desiring to rule over them.
some Gods rebelled because they wanted power for themselves and refused to be subserviant. Others simply disagreed with one God having absolute power. But whatever the reason, the Second War of the Gods began. Now the humans are stuck in the middle and each one fights for the glory of the God or Gods in which they serve.

The rules are simple:
You can create up to 3 Gods (I will have more because as GM I control the NPC Gods)
You can create as many humans as you wish.
No God-moding. I know it sounds funny in an RP about Gods but what this means is:
Gods can still die on Earth (Their mortal body will die and must be reborn before they can come back to Earth)
Gods are limited to their mortal powers in another Gods realm. In their own realm they have almost complete control.
No limiting the free-will of other players. (No controlling them)
No using attacks that will mutilate or harm other players characters permentantly or until they perform a set task, then making that task impassable.

Gods' human form capabilities:
10x Human Strength (With permission certain Gods can have more.)
Immunity to sickness, can only die if killed by weapons or elements (such as fire or lightning.)
Does not age. (Can if they choose to)
Teleportation
Telepathy
Limited elemental control (Ex: Cannot move an entire sea or river to drown a village but can turn a splash of water into an ice sword)
Time manipulation. They can freeze time but cannot affect anything while it is frozen, ex: they can dodge a punch using this but they can't kill their enemy while they are frozen.
Shapeshifting
Fast Healing
Posession of NPCS or PCs that players permit others to possess.

To use immortal powers Gods cannot interract with Earth for a limited ammount of time. (Ex: can't flood a village, then go down and visit the village until their energy is restored. Or Can't invoke a plague on a city and visit it hile youre plaguing it.)
Larger events will require more energy (Energy=time spent in personal realm away from Earth)
No events more significant than an entire village. (Ex: no blowing up a planet...there are a few plot oriented exceptions which I'll discuss throughout the RP as they occur.)
Examples  of immortal powers:
Weather control
Moving bodies of Earth (example, moving an entire mountain)
Animal Control (example, sending a locust plague  or plague of rats)

Note: Important things RPers must keep in mind.

IF you want your character to die (For plot reasons, for example sacrificing themself to save a friend), one of your Gods or another player's God must negotiate with the God of the Dead to let them escape and return to life. (Example: God must remain in the land of the dead for a certain length of time.)
As GM I cannot kill player characters unless you agree to me doing so.
I play as the God of the Dead, he is neutral in the conflict.
Terra is the BAD GUY. You can join his team but don't get angry whn everyone is against you, by the end of the RP anyone on Terra's side WILL NOT win. (We had this situation when I tried this RP once before, turned out badly)

I'll be posting a list of current world religions and regions once we get an OOC thread going.
If you have power ideas that are not listed, let me know so I can approve them or explain why its not allowed. Just post here if you have any questions.

I'll also add a character Bio Template in the OOC thread. Right now I don't need character profiles, I'm only looking to see how many people are interested in the concept and want to join the RP.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

TheFonze

Like i said before i'll join war of the gods or kingdom hearts, heck i might join both even!! Ok i probably will join both, just cause i freaking love kingdom hearts and messing with a couple of gods sounds like a blast :3

OHWceta

I sent you the link to the other one.

Welcome to the RP, hopefully we can some people to join this thing.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.

zenpai

I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Etah dna Evol

- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs

OHWceta

I'll try to get character bio templates up soon for you guys. Hopefully we can get a few more people to join in the mean-time.

Ember Star

I might be interested. Are our gods allowed to be children of a Greek God? Because I have a character who's the daughter of Artemis
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

OHWceta

Well, this isn't Earth so there's no Greece. But you can use Greek mythology if you wish.

Currently I have my Kephler Empire naming their Royal bloodline after Greek and Roman Mythlogy as a not to real myths, but I'm trying to make this as much OC as possible.

Ember Star

here's the character. Obviously she would need editing for this group since she was original made to be a low powered Demi God instead of a super powered full God. But let me know if you think she would work in general
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
NAME: Moira, daughter of Artemis. AGE: 19. RACE: Deity. FATHER: None. APPEARANCE: (Group gallery) Nearly 6 feet tall, onyx black hair that falls in waves down her back, sapphire blue eyes that seem to glow in the moonlight, perfect ruby red lips, porcelain skin, with a yellow tattoo over the right side of her face of interlocking patterns that almost looks like vines that shimmer in sunlight and moonlight and if you look closely the tattoo almost looks as if it's made from a fine powder of crushed gems that was used to color her skin. (Appearance of clothes will be described through RP) She often wears leather clothes, made from animals she has hunted and killed herself, and dyed with dyes gathered from forest plants. The gem she wears around her neck is no known gem, but rather a gem that changes color depending on what's around it. Said to be a combination of gems, given to her at birth by Mother Nature. WEAPONS: Throw weapons (mostly daggers, darts, and gem shards). ABILITY: She can create any type of gem, and shape, and form these gems into any size, shape or thickness. TALENTS: She's extremely skilled with throw weapons (daggers, darts, and other similar weapons), she never misses her mark, even from a range, and she's almost as good a huntswoman as her mother. She can calm down animals and read their behavior in order to help them. LIKES: Nature (animals/plants/trees/rocks ect), finely made weapons, beautiful things (jewelry, songs, beauty in nature, ect), listening to people, kindness, manners, humbleness, the young, innocence, hunting, tracking, privacy/being alone, being outside, quietness, making things with her own two hands, being productive. DISLIKES: Cruelty, being social, killing without need, others who kill without need, those who kill the young, large groups of people, fighting without need or reason, rudeness, arrogance, men (mostly because she's never been around them), talking about herself, laziness, stupidity. BIOGRAPHY: Artemis, Virgin Goddess, Lady of Wild things, Huntsman-in-chief to the Gods, Protectoress of the Young, sworn to always remain a Virgin. But yet, she wished for a child, a daughter to raise as her own. It was this longing that brought forth Mother Nature with a offer. She could make Artemis a child that was of her own flesh of blood, she would do as a gift of thanks for always protection the young. Artemis accepted the offer, and Mother Nature brought forth four gems. A part of Artemis was put into each one. Blood into the Ruby, Breath into the Sapphire, Spirit into the Yellow Diamond, and Love into the Onyx to bind them together. The first three gems were placed in a basket made from woven grass, then Mother Nature crushed the Onyx and sprinkled it over the other three, and thus the child was born from the gems. Eyes like the Sapphire, lips like the Ruby, hair like the Onyx, with a unusual tattoo across her face like the Yellow Diamond. Artemis named the child Moira and she was her delight, Mother Nature gave a single parting gift to the newborn babe, the gem she now wears at all times. With woodland creatures, forest nymphs, and her mother as her only companions growing up, Moira grew into her mother's daughter in almost every way, a huntress of the woods, a caretaker of the innocent, a virgin lady of the night and the wild. However, it was her unusual birth that has given her, her ability with gems. Although she is very young and still discovering all she can do. PERSONALITY: Moira is very polite, she does not speak to superiors unless spoken to, she is always thinking of others before herself, and she is very kind. To some she might come off as shy because she doesn't like to talk much, she prefers listening, but she is not shy, she just doesn't see the point in chatting. However she can have a temper, it takes something bad to set her off, but she is a force to be reckoned with when set off. She's uncomfortable around men, mostly because she doesn't understand them and has never been around them. For the most part she's by herself, not really knowing how to be friendly and social with anybody except her mother and the nymphs she grew up with. She is of course the most comfortable in the forest and around nature, but perhaps now that she is embarking on her journey into Olympus, she will find new skills when it comes to different settings and different people, and also learn something new about herself and her own abilities.
The profile is messy I know, the site the group was on was a messy site, lol
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

OHWceta

Demi-Gods are ok too. I just haven't written up the rules for them since most characters will be Gods or Humans.
Most Dem-Gods would generally fall under the human catagory but with some of the powers and traits of a God in their mortal body (Like I said, I haven't written their limitations yet) until they fulfill the requirements to become a God.

The details on becoming a God will be revealed later in the plot as one of the major twists in the storyline.

Etah dna Evol

There any movement on this? I am interested in creating the God of Love, the Goddess of Hate and the God/Goddess of Indifference.
- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs

OHWceta

We still need a few more people to join in. Our group is still too small at the moment.

Ember Star

I'm still in. Though I'm not sure at this point what Moira will be a goddess of.

Kokaine

I could be up for this... will think on a possible concept.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

OHWceta

looking forward to it.

hopefully we can get started soon if we can get a few more people to join.

RainbowRian