Pirates vs. Ninjas whos your pick?

Started by Brandon, May 29, 2005, 01:20:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon

Ok, a few minutes ago I got into a discussion on whether ninja's or pirates were cooler. Ive seen a few discussions like that before and I like to consider myself well armed for this one. However I wanted to bring this discussion to Elliquiy. We're going to settle this once and for all.

Who is your pick and why?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My pick is the ninja's. With a smoke bomb they can disappear and reappear anywhere, they get ninja magic, they get some kick ass weapons, they can 1 shot a person with a shuriken, and people are acctually scared to admit theyre part of history because the ninja assasins will come after them.

You also have famous ninjas out there who we know and love. Like Ryu Hyabusa (Nina Gaiden), Shinobi, and especially the Ninja turtles.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Bayushi

It is obviously the "Ninja". Ninja was only the commoner's word for the real thing, otherwise known as Shinobi.

The Shinobi were masters of the arts of stealth, disguise, thievery, spying, and assassination. Pirates, as they are known, were nothing more than romanticized thugs and sailors.

Should the two want to have a go at each other, the Shinobi would obviously win. The Pirates wouldn't even know the Shinobi were there, for the most part, before they died.

Just as well, Shinobi also had "day" jobs, usually as bushi.

Lancis

NINJA!

Get to wear the cool black outfits and hardly ever lose any limbs! How often do you see a pegleg ninja? or an eye patched one for that matter... You never know who the ninja is either so Ninja can be infamous.. but its always "The Ninja" and not "The Dread Pirate Roberts" :) never know who is coming for you!

Lancis
I do what my rice krispies tell me to!

Art is  not my work, its source online is now down, but it was a Romusz

Amberghylles

Ok, I have to weigh in on with a few words about pirates.

One, eyepatches and peglegs are cool. 

Two, ninja's never make someone walk the plank, nor do they ever shiver thar timbers!

Three, Shoulder Parrots

Four, Sea chanties.  There are no jaunty ninja tunes played on the hand organ about dead men and rum

Which brings me to point five... RUM. 

And finally, pirates get busty tavern wenches.  Lots of busty tavern wenches. 

Lancis

i have to point out for ninjas

1. they get pert little geisha girls...
2. and SAKE!

Lancis :)

Bayushi

Spookie Monster

Given their total sweetness, wouldn't ninja be more likely to face off against the MPAA and the RIAA?

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Bayushi

Quote from: Spel on May 29, 2005, 04:54:45 AMGiven their total sweetness, wouldn't ninja be more likely to face off against the MPAA and the RIAA?

It would be nice if they did. The MPAA and the RIAA are making life suck for the normal, law-abiding people to do ANYTHING with the lawfully purchased movies and music they own.

.....morons!

Vandren

Well, I suppose given thechoice, I'd have to go with ninja . . . partialyl because there's no "Pirate Burger" out there, but there is http://www.ninjaburger.com/
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Lilac

Pixie

Pirates -- they get puffy shirts. *L*

Hunter

Quote from: lancis on May 29, 2005, 03:59:03 AM

2. and SAKE!

Sold.  ^_^

Lilac

Quote from: lancis on May 29, 2005, 03:59:03 AM

2. and SAKE!

Lancis :)

Now, there are stories of some dressing up like geisha...

Ninja crossdressers! ^_^

Lancis

i agree Lilac,
And just as many stories of Geisha Assassins!

:)

Lancis

Zaer Darkwail

I vote ninja because Jubei (ninja scroll) is ninja and he haves NO problems get women intrested on him. But problem is that most want try kill him some reason and along jumping and dodging blades and napping in field he kinda haves no time courtship XD.

kat

Pirates, definately pirates. They're much, much sexier.

*rowr*
Good sex is like good Bridge... If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.

A hard man... is good to find

-Mae West

Silk & Steel

I agree, when was the last time you saw a ninja disrobe a buxom bonny young lassy with a flick of his saber, while saying "Argh matty".

Pirates get all the good birds. Yup, I vote for Pirates (besides who wants to play with a guy that still wears pajamas? huh)

Lyria

Ohhhh,

Pirates Pirates Pirates
[/size]

Swashbuckling, witty remarks, sexy bared chests, and long hair! Masculinity to the tee!!!!!

And think about the sex drive and testosterone. So much of the whole pirate image is the sexual prowess and lust! Ninjas, while cool, are silent assasins. Nothing sexy about Ninja's, not to me anyway.

All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash.           ons/offs

Rett Butler

I'm sick and ashamed of you people! Bagh! Pirates? They shouldn't even be allowed to be compared to the ninja.

What could a pirate posses that is better than the shroud of ninja debonaire mystery? Not to mention there awesome martial arts, code of honor, all around greatness.

Pirates were greedy, dishonorable, lazy and smelt funny.(Don't ask me how I know that.)

Ninjas on the other hand were uber cool, philisophicaly intelectual, and all around better than any pirate.

Comparing pirates to Ninjas is like comparing an uncultured swine to the upmost of gentlemen.

Yes, you say pirates get all of that wonderful arrrse, but that's not entirely true. The got the cock-eyed, missing tooth, village hoochiemama that would put out for a cow.

It basically all comes down to who would win a fight? Because that's how all of us men solve the most complicated of problems. Ladies and gentlemen I'm not going to even answer the question for you all know the answer. But I will anyhow becuase I can. Before a pirate could even comprehend that a ninja was out to kill him he would already be dead. And the ninja would probably comit hara-kiri becuase he stained his eloquent blade with such filthy and unrefined blood.

Zaer Darkwail

I point out tha tpirates drink alot rum, so high alcohol mixture can actually clean the blade ;). But I think ninja perfomrs hara-kiri for evne doing such bother tough. Plus pirates suffer most pwoerfull major hangovers and when you do that in sea, it is twice more worse!

Vandren

Quote from: Lyria on May 31, 2005, 04:06:06 PM
And think about the sex drive and testosterone. So much of the whole pirate image is the sexual prowess and lust! Ninjas, while cool, are silent assasins. Nothing sexy about Ninja's, not to me anyway.

'Course, ninja are better at sneaking into bedrooms in the middle of the night . . . the surprise element can, I'm told, be quite . . . arousing.  :)

Keep in mind too, that the ninja were more than just "silent assassins," they were also spies.  With a pirate, well, he's a pirate all the time.  A ninja, though, can be anyone and anything.  ;)
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Lilac

Quote from: Rett Butler on May 31, 2005, 08:59:55 PM
I'm sick and ashamed of you people! Bagh! Pirates? They shouldn't even be allowed to be compared to the ninja.

What could a pirate posses that is better than the shroud of ninja debonaire mystery? Not to mention there awesome martial arts, code of honor, all around greatness.

Money.

Honor.  Crossdressing and stabbing someone in the back with a poisoned dagger is not honor.  Knife duels are honor.  You can't run away, you can't avoid the fight, you face your opponent on equal footing.

Historical weight.  To put it bluntly, ninjas, shinobi and whatever you wish to call them did not get murder named after them.  A threat of ninjaing is a joke, hun.

Pirates, on the other hand, got piracy named after them.  They stole money, supplies, and women.  The order depends on the country of origin.

Silk & Steel

Lest we not forget buggering....Pirates are the king of buggering.....Somehow I always thought of ninjas being on the recieving end of that and not the giving ;)

Lilian

I'll take all three in equal order and quantity... everything! XD

kat

Bah, once a pirate always a pirate my foot.

Francis Drake was a pirate in the eyes of the spanish - The english knighted him!

Henry Morgan was a pirate and ended up the governor of Jamaica, rich, and with a knighthood.

Besides, most pirates (and buccaneers) had their own codes of honor, especially those that raided in the West Indies. A majority of european pirates had fierce reputations but rarely mistreated their prisoners. For instance, when a ship surrendered without a fight the people were usually not harmed and most pirates actually refused to steal the posessions of any ladies on board.

Of course the Barbary Pirates and those in Asia had their own rules and were a lot less kind honorable.

But then, I don't find the idea of 'honor' sexy, give me a long haired, powerfully built man who has been at sea for a few weeks... mmm. He can board my ship anytime.  ;)
Good sex is like good Bridge... If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.

A hard man... is good to find

-Mae West