Vampire the Masquerade: Black Gold [Closed for now!]

Started by Blythe, February 22, 2016, 03:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VioletPanda

Gah, I'm still debating 2 Tories for Rival Sires or a Tore and another clan, probably Tremere, because she's really smart...
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Blythe

Quote from: RubySlippers on February 27, 2016, 01:14:11 PM
Doing revisions, are the secondary abilities being used and the flaws. I think I downloaded the right Guide to the Camarilla. Seeing if the Sabbat book has added useful Merits/Flaws.

Secondary abilities are permitted.

Merits/Flaws = permitted.

It does help for when I'm reviewing sheets if you mention which book they are from when assigning dots if you pick things not from the core rulebook.

Quote from: lockepick on February 27, 2016, 01:20:36 PM
In regards to sex: I like the option, but I think it's important that they take place in an independent threat. It's less about my modest sensibilities -- and more so that the plot/RP can proceed and doesn't get held up by the sex scene.

I'm fine with a separate thread for sexual content; it does make things easier for me as a GM. Most sex scenes would be reasonably private in an IC sense anyways and unlikely to influence to outcome of a major plot (unless the local Kindred are getting up to some particularly interesting shenanigans!)  ;D

Quote from: VioletPanda on February 27, 2016, 01:24:25 PM
  Gah, I'm still debating 2 Tories for Rival Sires or a Tore and another clan, probably Tremere, because she's really smart...

Ultimately, I'd suggest picking what is most interesting/fun. Do you like the idea of a Toreador vs. Toreador rivalry more or a Toreador vs. Tremere rivalry more? One of them becomes an in-clan thing, the other certainly can make for a little clan tension.

VioletPanda

Mmm, I think Clan Tension for the win!

It'll be kinda funny though, because if my character has an inkling of what they can do -depending on what her sire tells her- she'd be so jealous.

I suppose the character's rationale for the getting closer to frenzy wouldn't matter so long as they are riled up?

I think it'd be something along the lines of
'I could have been doing magic? Freaking magic and instead I'm distracted by pretty shiny things?! What the actual-! -string of curse words-'

heh heh

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Blythe

Note: Two sheets have been formally approved--although they are undergoing some last-minute revisions. We officially have a Malkavian from Wolfling72 and a Tremere from VonDoom. ^^

VioletPanda

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Blythe

Quote from: VioletPanda on February 27, 2016, 01:50:34 PM
   Mmm, I think Clan Tension for the win!

It'll be kinda funny though, because if my character has an inkling of what they can do -depending on what her sire tells her- she'd be so jealous.

I suppose the character's rationale for the getting closer to frenzy wouldn't matter so long as they are riled up?

I think it'd be something along the lines of
'I could have been doing magic? Freaking magic and instead I'm distracted by pretty shiny things?! What the actual-! -string of curse words-'

heh heh

Oh no. That flaw, when adapted, means the rival sire (the one who failed to sire your character) is the one that'll frenzy around your character...and the flaw means your character will definitely be around their rival sire. It means there's an NPC who is just barely controlling going all frenzy around your character. The exact text of the Flaw from V20, which will be adapted if need be for Revised, is:

Rival Sires (2 pt.)
The flip side of Escaped Target, two vampires wanted to gift you with the Embrace. One succeeded, one failed -- and she's not happy about that failure. You, your actual sire, or both of you have become the target of the failed suitor's ire. Regardless, your persecutor is at +2 difficulty to refrain from frenzy in your presence. In addition, she may well be working actively to discredit or destroy you.

AndyZ

Hopefully this comes across as helpful and not nitpicky, but the flaw is also in the Guide to the Camarilla.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Blythe

Quote from: AndyZ on February 27, 2016, 02:09:05 PM
Hopefully this comes across as helpful and not nitpicky, but the flaw is also in the Guide to the Camarilla.

That's incredibly helpful actually, thank you <3

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Blythe

Note: Something important/relevant popped up!

What year is it in this game?

The year will be 2016. It will be the month of January. :)

VioletPanda

Quote from: Blythe on February 27, 2016, 02:08:09 PM
Oh no. That flaw, when adapted, means the rival sire (the one who failed to sire your character) is the one that'll frenzy around your character...and the flaw means your character will definitely be around their rival sire. It means there's an NPC who is just barely controlling going all frenzy around your character. The exact text of the Flaw from V20, which will be adapted if need be for Revised, is:

Rival Sires (2 pt.)
The flip side of Escaped Target, two vampires wanted to gift you with the Embrace. One succeeded, one failed -- and she's not happy about that failure. You, your actual sire, or both of you have become the target of the failed suitor's ire. Regardless, your persecutor is at +2 difficulty to refrain from frenzy in your presence. In addition, she may well be working actively to discredit or destroy you.

Oh my mistake! It was late at night when I saw that.  :/

So,  they hate my guts? Literally?

Gwen: Well that's just fantastic...

My A/A PageMy O/Os

CShades

It seems my first assessment on my level of busy was on the money. D:

Sunday is almost gone and I haven't caught up to everything yet, much less finished a working character for this game. I am going to have to let it go from my cold dead hands and hope I get to play with all of you awesome people soon in some other story~ 

Much <3

"The next time I kill you, I promise you the labyrinth that consists of a single straight line that is both invisible and endless" ~Jorge Luis Borges.

Kolbrandr

Ugh. I'm really trying to put something together, but it doesn't seem like I'm going to make the deadline, as it were.

Blythe

There will be an additional day of delay on reviewing sheets. Things are hectic. My hope is to review one or two tonight and then finish reviewing the rest tomorrow, but that may not be possible. Just giving folks who submitted sheets that heads-up about the possible delay.

Blythe

Geeklet's sheet has been approved for a Ventrue--sorry I have not looked over more sheets today, folks. :/

Lockepick

For these three that are 'approved' -- does this mean that three of the four slots are currently filled? Or that these three are just officially 'in the running?'
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Blythe

Quote from: lockepick on February 29, 2016, 05:01:41 PM
For these three that are 'approved' -- does this mean that three of the four slots are currently filled? Or that these three are just officially 'in the running?'

They're 100% approved--I'm probably going to go up to 6 slots, though.

Kolbrandr

going to have to withdraw, being clobbered by life things to the point that I'm not going to have a character in before deadline, sorry.

RubySlippers

Mwhahahaha .... the Caitiff's evil plan succeeded, knocked off one rival.  >:)

j/k

Sorry to see your not going to submit a character.

Lockepick

If we do need any new submissions to make up for those that are dropping out -- I know a couple of people that were interested but didn't make the interest cut off!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

RubySlippers

Sends ghoul muscle to beat up lockepick ...  >:)

j/k  :D

Seriously my character is more about mastering her self in body and disciplines over gaining domain and stuff. Since its more sensible for a Caitiff to work in a way to not bump heads with clan vampires in domain building over her haven and some retainers (as portable sources of food in one or two cases).

VioletPanda

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Blythe

Right now, I've got three approved players. I've been insane levels of busy with RL and E things (so there's been delays), but I'm still looking over sheets. That being said, I'm ideally approving the last sheets today (likely later tonight), so today is the last call for new sheet submissions if you'd like a chance to make the cut.

VioletPanda

With how busy I've been, I don't think I can get a sheet done in time,  so you can skip me if you want.

My A/A PageMy O/Os

AndyZ

Dang, are you running low on people?  I can try to push a concept through tomorrow...