Player Death

Started by Zad, May 15, 2012, 10:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zad

When a player has died in real life, what is the procedure for their account?

Oniya

If you look up in the Rules and Announcements forum, you'll see that there's a sub-board of 'In Memorium'.  The account is closed to further access, with a special badge to indicate that the account is not closed for disciplinary reasons.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Zad

Zad

I'm afraid I can't see it. Could this be because I am unapproved?

jouzinka

I just logged out and couldn't see it either, so it's probably because you are unapproved that you can't see it. :-)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Zad

Then how do I get her on that list?

Oniya

My apologies - I thought you were asking from simple curiosity.  Let me check on that procedure for you.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Zad

No... I should have made it more clear

Oniya

Okay - got an answer for you.  I was told that you should email that person's E-name and the real life details to Vekseid (his email address is on the staff page).  Verifiable information will help speed the process.

Zad

And her account can never be used? So no one can hack it?

Oniya

Right.  It gets the same account restrictions as a Banned user, just with a different badge.

Trieste

For general information, the staff went through a lot of effort to research this and uncovered the fact that Zad has pulled this "my sister died" prank on other forums, to varying results. He has been denied and told not to return.

It is also very unlikely that BadWolf herself is a discrete person, but most likely a fictional persona invented by Zad, for some reason that I can't really fathom (and don't care to try). Her account has been banned because either she is dead or she is actually Zad; either way, her access here needed to be restricted and therefore we have done so. She has not received the Rest in Peace badge because staff is unable to verify that she even exists, let alone died.

On behalf of the staff, I want to extend my condolences either way to those of you who were friends with BadWolf123 and enjoyed her company, because either way you have lost a friend and a writing partner. That's a sad event, no matter which way you slice it.

I'm going to lock this topic, but please be aware that staff is available for any questions any of you might have.