[NC-X] [Shadow of the Eternal light] looking for fresh blood

Started by Blaze, February 16, 2009, 10:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaze

It's the time when Warriors and Gods fought in wars, and master strategists had to take them both into account. It is the time of ferocious pirates, shrewd tacticians, honey-tongued diplomats, bloodlust warriors, lusty priestesses, and their clashes.
It all begins in the city of Lindos on the island of Rhodos in the year 306 BC. Here everything seems peaceful. But is it so?
Times are worrying. There always has been a problem but now pirates are attacking the ships of merchants more often.
Due to the Rhodo-Egyptian alliance, trade in Limdos was at its peak and Egyptians were an ordinary sight. A very wealthy Egyptian and his family are currently staying at one of the richest merchants in Lindos as guests, but there are rumors that the Egyptian has other plans.
The city is preparing for the election of the next high priestess of Athena and three noble women are considered most likely choices. The priestesses from the Temple of Athena inside the acropolis have more work than usual because of things that go wrong all the time.
There has been four missing girls from different parts of the city and in a period of three month apart. They all disappeared during the day and no one has seen them since.
A girl known for her virtues, prepared to be a priestess of Athena, is expecting a baby. The girl claims that Ares visited her and her parents stick to that version, but the town people are somewhat skeptical.
A violent fire destroys the town archives. Ten people are dead and there are no clues to the cause.
And to top it all of the wife of the governor dies in mysterious circumstances after giving birth.
Strange things are happenning here. People claim that there are monsters creeping in the nearby forest and sailors say that near the water they saw nymphs and hippocampi.
An old oracle claims that something horrible is going to happen, but nobody believes him, since he has not even one right prediction.

The olives are sourer than usual, which is a reason for great concern to the people. Adding to that a vialent storm that was raining frogs and lizards, literally, which can only be a sing from the gods. So a young man is sent to Delphi to ask the oracle what does that mean. Every one is anxiously awaiting his return.

I'm looking for serious players that love a god plot with many twists and lots of mystery. Your characters can be whatever you like, considering the time and place. We will be using GURBS 4th edition. If you don't have the game, you can use GURPS Lite, but if anyone is familiar with the system they can feel free to use the Basic Set. Additional books are subject to GM's approval.
You have 150 points to develop your character, with up to 75 points in disadvantages. The tech level is 2.
You can use these maps.

http://www.lindianet.gr/images/maps/map_lindos_color.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4e/Rhodos_topo.png

Thufir Hawat is going to help me with the system as a co-GM. I'll probably get him to play an NPC, too, especially one you are not going to like - I want to seem nice!
Remember when it rained.
I felt the ground and looked up high
And called your name.
Ohhhhhh Remember when it rained.
In the darkness I remain.

ONS/OFFS

miss Hysteria

I'm enaomored by the world you've sketched out here!  I would love to be a part of it.  I haven't used GURPS before, but I have GURPS Lite downloaded and am studiously going over it.  (I'll send you or Thufir my firt character sheet, just to be sure I haven't messed anything up.  If I'm in, of course :) )

Blaze

I'd love to have you!
In the group, I mean :P!
Feel free to bother Thufir if you have any questions. Or, ask me!
Remember when it rained.
And called your name.

ONS/OFFS

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Blaze on February 16, 2009, 10:33:25 AM

Thufir Hawat is going to help me with the system as a co-GM. I'll probably get him to play an NPC, too, especially one you are not going to like - I want to seem nice!

I confirm, you can write to Blaze or me if you have questions for the game ;).

Now, one little note: you are not required to post your characters here if you don't want to, since it is an open forum - you could wait for the OOC thread. But it would be nice if you write at least a general description here, and besides, you get to see the other players ;D!
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

Navilee

As per requested, I deliver.  I'll write a physical description/background on the sheet soon; been working from a purely game mechanics angle.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dd3dg2z7_39dtjxrvhq&hl=en

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Navilee on February 16, 2009, 04:08:41 PM
As per requested, I deliver.  I'll write a physical description/background on the sheet soon; been working from a purely game mechanics angle.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dd3dg2z7_39dtjxrvhq&hl=en
Game mechanics are good enough a start for me ;). Of course, you can start with either.

By the way, your character is checked and approved, congratulations ;D!
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

Blaze

http://quizfarm.com/quizzes/Fashion/ellydragon/laws-game-style/

This is for all the players. It'll help me make a better game that everyone will enjoy.
Remember when it rained.
And called your name.

ONS/OFFS

JMadame

Here is my character Gaiana. :) Blaze thought that I should post her here, that way people can get to know her.:)

Player: JMadame   
Name: Gaiana, Daughter of Prothieras, Niece of Partolamue
Profession: No profession.
Hobby: Transcribing work. She helps her father with his work.

Statistics:
ST: 8  (-20)
DX: 12 (40)
IQ:  11 (20)
HT:  9 (-10)

HP:   8
Will: 11
Per: 11
FP:   9

Advantages/Disads:
Wealth (30 pts.)
Reputation (15 pts. Father and Uncle, well known warriors.)
Status (-5; female)

Average Looking (0)
Charisma (10)
Voice (10)
Flexibility (5)
Hard to Kill (4)
Language Talent (10)
Perfect Balance (15)

Bad Temper (-10)
Curious (-5)
Pacifism (-10; Cannot Harm Innocents)
Sense of duty (-5; Close friends and companions)
Truthfulness (-5)

Quirks:
Everything needs to be in order and organized.
Doesn't really like to be the center of attention.
Loves wholeheartedly.
Does not trust easily.

Languages:
Greek (Native; 0)
Egyptian (Accented speaking and written; 4)
Persian (Broken speaking; 1)
(Automatically speak at the next higher level, Language Talent)

Skills:
Acrobatics DX-1
Acting IQ+1
Area Knowledge IQ+2
Carousing HP+2
Climbing DX-1
First Aid IQ+1
Forgery IQ+0
Hiking HT+1
Holdout IQ+0
Influence:
    Diplomacy IQ+2
    Fast-Talk IQ+0
    Savoir-Faire IQ+1
Melee Weapon:
    Knife DX+0
    Short Sword DX+0
    Staff DX+0
Leadership IQ-1
Observation IQ+0
Public Speaking IQ+0
Riding (Horse) DX+1
Swimming HT +0
Writing IQ+0

Equipment:
$15,000; $590 spent
Cloth Armor $150, 12Lb
Knife $40, 1Lb
Shortsword $400, 2Lb

Encumbrance:
None (0) - 16; BM: 5; Dodge 8  *Current*
Light (1) - 32; BM: 4; Dodge 7
Medium (2) - 48; BM: 3; Dodge 6
Heavy (3) - 96;BM: 2; Dodge 5
X-Heavy (4) - 160;BM: 1;Dodge 4
You know what this is... ;)"To conceal anything from those to whom I am attached, is not in my nature. I can never close my lips where I have opened my heart.” Charles Dickens

hector

Well, I've already sent blaze a copy of my character sheet; the character name is Donaracles, something of a local aristocrat.

Blaze

Remember when it rained.
And called your name.

ONS/OFFS

Blaze

The game is open to new players, so if you like Ancient Greece and a good plot with lots of twists feel free to make a character or PM me with questions.
Remember when it rained.
And called your name.

ONS/OFFS