Oniya has a Request thread?!? (Exclusively M/M plots)

Started by Oniya, July 23, 2016, 01:40:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Worlds Apart - Together.  [M/M, light sci-fi.  Looking for top.]

Two men with lives about as different as day and night.  One, privileged enough to attain a respected degree.  The other, penniless and abandoned by society, relegated to a life on the streets, learning lessons not taught in ivied halls.  Forced to rely upon each other in a world where rescue could take months to arrive - if it ever does!

The Setting

A year not too far in the future.  In a secret facility, a government group is working on a project intended to train minimal teams for exploring potential colony planets.   There is a need for men who have certain qualifications to be effective in this endeavor:

1) Single.  The training for these missions was expected to take a long time, and the missions themselves had the potential to be quite dangerous.
2) Physically fit.  Personnel would have to go through rigorous training in basic survival skills.  This was not a project for desk-jockeys.
3) Intelligent.  Personnel would have a great deal of information to learn and remember, especially in the immediacy of a foreign environment.
4) Self-sufficient.  While personnel would be assigned in pairs for safety considerations, they would also need to be able to fend for themselves and make independent decisions in the event that their partner is injured or killed.  (Note:  Character death is not on the table.  Injury for purposes of 'Hey, plot twist!' can be negotiated.)

As the shrink corps processed the requirements, they came to an interesting conclusion.  While field researchers fit the bill very neatly, the profile also had a lot in common with certain types of criminals – not the violent or the thrill-seekers, but what were commonly referred to as 'street rats':  young men who, for whatever reason, made their living scrounging through the undergrowth of the urban jungle.  More likely to steal food than cars; more likely to use a knife than a gun; more likely to evade than confront, although well able to account for themselves if forced into a fight.

As an added benefit, it was more 'budget friendly'.  Local prisons were full of potential 'volunteers', and while a trained scientist would be a necessary expense, there was no sense in sending two when a more 'expendable' option was available.

The Characters

The Scientist:  Dr. S. (placeholder name) is used to uncomfortable terrain.  He has spent up to a year at a time in remote locations, studying indigenous tribes as well as the ecosystems that they thrive in.  He chose to join this project due to the prospect of discovery.

The Convict:  C. has been on his own for as long as he can remember.  When he ran away from a neglectful family, there wasn't even a missing person report filed.  Since then, he's been in numerous scrapes with the law, sometimes spending short stints in juvenile detention.  However, now that he is over 18, his latest arrest is due to send him to adult prison – unless he 'volunteers'.

Either character is open for my partner!  They have both been left somewhat vague to allow for personalization.   

The Adventure

Our story begins as C. is taken to the facility, gets briefed and meets Dr. S.  It is not expected that they will immediately like each other – there is no reason that they should.  Stage one is them getting to know each other and building some level of mutual 'give-a-damn'.  Maybe some trial-time in a survival setting will happen.  Actual training will be time-skipped unless there is a pressing reason to RP it.  Stage two will be The Accident.

The Accident

As mentioned, this project is intended to involve exploring potential colony planets.  While our heroes are training, the boys in the labs have been looking for likely candidates and setting up a way to get there.  This may involve rockets, or some kind of gate technology – but it's New Tech.  Things... go wrong.  When the colony planet is found, and our heroes are being sent there, something glitches.  The place they find themselves is not at all what the lab-boys told them they'd find.  Worse, it's going to take some time to get them back.  (Assuming that the government wants to deal with the expense – and the embarrassment...)

The Variations
Since posting this, I have come up with two potential variations on the plot.

1) Alien Mine:  After the accident, one of the pair finds himself alone on a new planet, with his only method of return destroyed.  As he explores his new environment, he encounters another sentient species.  It might be a native to the planet, or it might be another explorer.

2) Moebius:  After the accident, one of the pair finds himself on a new planet, without his partner.  As he takes stock of his surroundings, he discovers signs of another human being, but not from the same project.  Making contact with the 'competition' is the only way either of them can survive.  (Sometimes, what looks like two sides ends up being the only side.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Oniya

When the Celestials were created, their purpose was to serve.  As the world evolved, a Shadow entered it.  When the Celestials encountered it, some of them were - changed.

The Setting

They live in a world like ours - perhaps in the distant past, perhaps in the future.  Perhaps even right now, going about their business alongside us, with conflicts and alliances that we would never suspect. 

The Characters

The Fallen:  When the Shadow touched this Celestial, it brought a yearning - part curiosity and part jealousy - for things that the mortal world possessed: the power to choose; the power to change; the power to create.  All the sensations that humans took for granted were exotic treasures to be experienced.  This deepened to such a level that return to the Upper Spheres was no longer possible, or even desired. 

The Celestial:  Untouched by the Shadow, this Celestial has duties that involve travel from the Upper Spheres to the Mortal World.  The fate of a Fallen - to be forever barred from the Upper Spheres - is a familiar caution, but not a very concrete one.  It is accepted that to Fall is a thing to be avoided without questioning why.  Certainly, none ever sought out a Fallen to ask their opinion.

The Adventure

The interplay between the Light and the Shadow is not a war, even though each seeks to defeat the other.  Instead, it is a game of territories and pieces to be exchanged.  The lines have not been well-defined since the beginning of the contest.  The Light makes forays into the Shadow, sometimes successfully, sometimes not so successfully.  The pieces do not question, and may not even realize that they are being used.

The Encounter

The Fallen has become aware of a Celestial in the area.  Here is an opportunity, although it isn't certain what direction that opportunity will take.  The Celestial will be changed - something new will be created. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Oniya

Waking up in a strange bed with no idea how you got there is embarrassing.  Waking up in a lake, with no idea how you got there is another matter.

The Setting

A decent sized city, one where the odd vagrant isn't generally remarked on.  Maybe there's more in the shadows than people realize.

The Characters

My character:  The aforementioned swimmer.  He's short on answers, but apparently long on luck since he made it to shore in one piece.  A bit on the scruffy side, but otherwise in decent shape, he's looking for answers - and maybe some dry socks.

Your character:  Could be anyone - or anything - that takes an interest in this unfortunate.

The Adventure

Open.  Something in the vicinity of Charles deLint, Shadowrun, or similar situations.

Oniya

A scoundrel will accost a lady and take what he will.  A rogue will charm what he wants from her.  But what if the lady is really a gentleman?

The Setting

A mid-sized town, being the demesne of the titular 'Duke' (or Baron, or Count - I went for alliteration and couldn't come up with a good B or C word.)

The Characters

The Duke:  The Duke is known by his subjects to be single and reclusive.  He is generally well-thought-of by the common folk, although there are numerous rumors about the fact that he is rarely seen and has yet to take a wife.

The Dandy:  Well-dressed and able to talk his way into - and out of - places and situations that he shouldn't be in.  Well-to-do (or so he claims), possibly with a bit of a reputation (if it's caught up with him), and as much at home in a seedy tavern as he is in high society.

The Adventure

The Duke, it turns out, has a secret.  As it happens, he has a penchant for dressing like a woman and mingling with his subjects.  In the beginning, this was because women are typically considered part of the background, and men tend to speak freely around them.  As a result, the Duke is able to keep his fingers on the pulse of his duchy, and stays aware of the trials and tribulations facing 'the common man', whether that's poor harvests or depredations on the borders.  As his masquerade has continued, however, he has discovered a certain thrill in seeing how far he can push the envelope - still very much aware that if he is discovered, the scandal could be ruinous.

The Encounter

On one such occasion, his luck fails him, and it appears that his identity (and other things) is about to be exposed by some unchivalrous blackguards.  Before any substantial bodice-ripping is managed, however, The Dandy comes on the scene with an eye to win this 'noblewoman' for himself - first her gratitude, then her patronage - and possibly more.

Oniya

Secret experimental labs?  Surely that's just a conspiracy theory.  Or - is it...?

The Setting

Some place with alleys to hide in, where the 'bad guys' sometimes look better than the 'good guys'.

The Characters

The Foundling (my character):  At first glance, could be mistaken for a scientist at one of the nearby research facilities.  That is, if he were not first seen in a shadowy side-street in one of the less-savory parts of town.  The lab coat (still mostly white) does not conceal the fact that he is not properly attired for the weather. 

Your Character:  Conceivably anything, from a common street punk to a rival scientist.

The Adventure

The Foundling is actually the result of a top secret experiment that was conducted in the research facility.  Somehow, he managed to escape and make his way to town.  The particulars of the experiment can be worked out in PM - he may be some human test subject or something far stranger - but whether or not the experiment was completed, the lab never intended for him to get out.  On top of that, he's dealing with the standard issues of having no 'former life' to return to.

The Encounter

Not much setup here.  Just your everyday alley with someone who doesn't look like he belongs in one.

Oniya

They say music soothes the savage beast.  Sometimes - it awakens something else.

The Setting

Somewhere with both populated areas and open areas - parks will do, but outlying woodlands could be fun.  This will have an 'urban fantasy' flair to it.

The Characters

The Ice Prince(my character):  Former front-man to a popular band, he has become a bit of a recluse, making a living off of royalties and the occasional club show.  The band broke up suddenly, with the overly succinct 'personal differences' excuse being the only thing that hit the news.  The Ice Prince won his nickname by being surprisingly resistant to the typical offers from groupies, but perhaps there is another reason.

Your Character:  Would prefer something with at least a hint of the unexplained.

The Adventure

The Ice Prince left the band for more than just 'personal differences'.  He has been having increasing difficulties performing in close, urban venues, preferring open-air settings when he can - although sometimes a club gig is necessary to pay the bills.  After these gigs, he is compelled to seek out less enclosed areas, sometimes with an urgency that defies rational thought.

The Encounter

One of his 'attacks' has brought the Ice Prince to your character's attention.  Perhaps he wants to help him.  Perhaps he knows something.  Perhaps - he has other plans.

Oniya

And how you play it.  All about control and if you can take it.

The Setting

Moderately future Earth.  Full immersion VR is a thing.  Open to incorporating more futuristic sci-fi elements.

The Characters

The Tester(my character):  In a world where virtual reality is the entertainment of choice, beta testing is a job that is both lucrative and sought-after.  My character is highly respected in this field, and regularly tests cutting-edge systems.

Your Character:  A mysterious client, offering a chance to test 'the next evolution' in VR. 

The Adventure

On the surface, it appears to be a standard job for my character.  Test the equipment and the software for any flaws, evaluate game-play and mechanics - the usual.  (The environment of the game itself is completely open for discussion.)

The Encounter

The technology that is delivered, however, is not what it appears.  Nanotech in the equipment is designed to alter the user's real-life physiology.  While this might not have a big commercial use, it certainly would come in handy on the black market.  (Your character might have a 'client' of his own, awaiting the results of this testing - or he may want the prize for himself.)  There could be encounters between the two characters in both the virtual and the physical world as the change progresses.

Important!  Mods I will not consider!
No boobs:  My character will still look male in a swimsuit.  He may gain some feminine attributes, but nothing's going to 'disappear', either.
No 'bimbos':  My character will remain intelligent.  Libido may be increased, but not to the point of 'mindless slut'.
No 'boom!': Instant transformation isn't my jam.  I want the confusion to set in - the attempts at concealment and denial - until there is no going back.

Oniya

Virtually Yours

The Setting

Moderately future Earth.  Tech level similar to ours, but will allow for some advancements for convenience of plot

The Characters

The Hacker(my character):  The kind of hacker who will go through game code to look for forgotten dev codes, Easter eggs, exploits, and such.

Your Character:  Either a programmer who has left some breadcrumbs, or an AI that has developed sentience - and desires - of its own.

The Adventure

My character has been diving into the code of the latest MMO (genre to be decided) and found a subroutine that seems to highlight a particular branch of the decision tree.  Executing it allows him to get some kind of signal when he's on 'the right path'.  If you remember the old 'Rumble Pack' on various consoles, you can see the potential.  >:)

The Encounter

The decision tree in question is one that your character (human or otherwise) has inserted in the game to seek out a particular kind of player - one that can be manipulated and trained for eventual 'ownership'.  If the seeker is an AI, this could include trapping the player in the MMO - or somehow getting the AI out.  'Adult peripherals' will probably be brought into play, so that the 'training' can progress before the characters make direct contact.  In either case, gradual changes to my character's MMO and/or physical form will be allowed.

Important!  Mods I will not consider!
No boobs:  My character will still look male in a swimsuit.  He may gain some feminine attributes, but nothing's going to 'disappear', either.
No 'bimbos':  My character will remain intelligent.  Libido may be increased, but not to the point of 'mindless slut'.
No 'boom!': Instant transformation isn't my jam.  I want the confusion to set in - the attempts at concealment and denial - until there is no going back.