Tessa's stray ideas (MF or FF BON-H, MF MUL-H historical)

Started by tesseractive, April 26, 2009, 12:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tesseractive

OK, so here are some ideas that I've had floating around in my head for a little while. As you can probably tell if you read these, I place a premium on characters, plot, setting, storytelling. There's nothing wrong with looking for a partner for something quick and hot, but if that's what you're seeking, I don't think I'm it. I enjoy writing sex (with a fairly expansive Ons list), but it has to be motivated by the story, and it will probably be a while getting there.

An Application of Discipline, MF or FF BON-H

(sorry, haven't found a picture that's right yet)

Laurie (my character) is a natural thrillseeker -- the person who actually does the crazy things that most people idly wish they would do. She's bisexual with a few tattoos and a couple of piercings, and likes being the center of attention. She has never been very good with rules and is chronically underemployed.

She's had partners tie her up, spank her, use bdsm toys, and things like that, so she doesn't hesitate to check it out when she hears about a new underground BDSM club in town.

When she goes, it turns out to be a very different sort of club than she was expecting. There's no flirty "Oh, I hope you will make me behave, sir!" wink-wink stuff. Instead it's focused on serious Total Power Exchange dominance and submission. The subs and slaves aren't showing off their hot fetishwear, they're kneeling at the feet of their dominants until given specific direction to do something else.

One of the dominants (male or female, up to you) decides they're interested in her. Despite her lack of discipline and general poor behavior, they see someone underneath that they would love to train to be properly obedient. Sure, she would be a challenge, but when is that a bad thing?

I've deliberately left the dominant character wide open, except for the basic attribute or two that are fundamental to the story. If you're interested, you have a wide latitude to fill out the character into whatever works for you. Because you will be the dominant and thus your character will be the setter of rules, you also have some latitude over Laurie's direction For example, if tattoos and piercings are a turnoff, extract the piercings and send her to a tattoo removal place -- just be prepared for Laurie to resist you.

Empire's Shadows, MF historical (VAN-H, BON-H, etc. Whatever works.)

Xu Anjiao (my character) was raised and educated in a taoist monastery. She has studied internal martial arts, but more as a form of moving meditation than as a form of combat. Still, she can defend herself when the situation calls for it.

When she reached adulthood, she was recalled from the monastery for a very proper arranged marriage that united two important families in the capital of Chang'an. Anjiao performed her familial duties well, and her new life was happy enough -- her monastic training served her well in not objecting to marriage to an older man, as girls of poorer manners sometimes did.

Meanwhile, in Northern China, your character was caught in a severe mass famine, and like many starving Chinese, joined a gang to survive. These gangs banded together into an army led by Huang Chao, and revolted against the decaying Tang Dynasty in the Huang Chao rebellion beginning in 874 AD. After laying siege to the port city of Guangzhou in 878, the rebel army sacked Chang'an in 880.

As Chang'an is sacked, Anjiao's home and family are wiped out. Your character deserts his faction to stop her, too from being killed, and they end up on the road together. There are rebels, loyalists, bandits, and scheming provincial governments to watch out for, and there is general chaos across the countryside. Even basic survival is a challenge, especially for Anjiao, who has seen very little of the real world.

The basic idea is for it to be a wuxia martial-arts story, but beyond that, there's no set direction the story has to take, and plenty of latitude to design a character that interests you. I think it's interesting to add detail by knowing something about the period and setting, but I'm absolutely not expecting you to be a history grad student.

Romancing the Stone [Taken]

Your character is the designer of the closest thing the world has to an impregnable security system. One morning, you are awakened by an important phone call -- an attempt was made the previous night to steal the famous emerald The Lady of Ireland, and not only has the attempt failed, but the famous jewel thief known as The Acrobat has apparently been caught in the attempt.

On your way into work, the intriguing professional woman who smiles at you a couple of times a week when you're both in line at Starbucks actually says something to you for the first time. You strike up a conversation, and when she leaves, she slips you her name (Erica) and number.

If you've seen a movie before, you have probably already guessed that Erica is the actual notorious jewel thief, and she's trying to seduce you to so she can find out how to defeat the security system and steal the emerald. You, obviously, don't want your security system to be defeated, so the dynamic becomes a temptress vs. resisting temptation cat-and-mouse story.

Battlestar Galactica: Starbuck / Leoben [Reserved]

I'm not usually big on playing TV or movie characters, but this was the most awesomely disfunctional relationship I've ever seen. Pretty much every scene they played opposite each other just crackled with energy. Plus, I think Leoben is ridiculously hot, and I can't think of a character I'd rather play than Starbuck.

This is much less fleshed out than my other ideas at this point. I don't have a precise scenario and I have no idea how the story would play out, but with great characters and lots of dramatic tension, all things are possible.

If you're interested in any of these, let me know. I've left as much room as possible for you to define a character that interests you, so I'd love to hear how you envision your character.
~ Tessa ~

We are never not what we are, but we are never not becoming what we will be.

Morgana

Oh dear lord.  You chose BSG?

I love you forever.  *gets down on knees and begins worshipping the ground you walk on*

Ok, enough of that.

I, too, think that relationship was hotter than dynamite, and indeed, extremely dysfunctional.  But oh so wonderful.

If you'll let me reserve that one, I'd be much obliged.  I can flesh something out for us by Monday, if you don't mind?  I do a lot of BSG fanfiction, so I can sift something plausible out....

tesseractive

Done! Awesome, a fanfic writer and everything!
~ Tessa ~

We are never not what we are, but we are never not becoming what we will be.

Morgana

Cool, cool.  I'll have something ready by Monday and I'll PM it to you so we can flesh it out a bit.

See ya!