DC Earth Two, Intrest Check (Closed for now)

Started by VoluptuousVixen, August 26, 2013, 11:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mia h

What can I say, I know anyone being faster than a speeding bullet etc. requires a certain suspension of disbelief but it's nice if they have a consistent internal logic is all.  ;D
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Vergil Tanner

Yeah, I can get that....I think it makes the most sense if I say that he is resistant to the immediate physical damage of heat vision, but that extended exposure to such attacks will dehydrate him faster. They're not mutually exclusive, after all. XD
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Deathnote

I would liken it more to an internal battery that needs recharging every now and then (i.e., submerge into water for a while to combat dehydration).  It's just that the internal battery has protection against drainage from outside sources (fire/heat-based attacks).  The battery itself will drain faster than normal on its own (susceptibility to dehydration), but you don't need to worry about it being drained by outside sources (due to heat resistance).

Vergil Tanner

Yeah, I'll go with that :P

I'm just waiting for approval before I move to the OOC. XD

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

VoluptuousVixen

Vergil Tanner

Crash

I have a lot on my plate.  I am going to have to back out of this sorry.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Kokaine

I'm gonna go ahead and withdraw my interest, I'm not feeling much in the way of inspiration when I approach the character sheet unfortunately. Best of luck with the game though, I may read along and see what you all get into :)
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

JamesSureWould

hey there, if there's still open spaces, I would love to lay down a as face-claim for Joseph Gordon Levitt for Nightwing/Dick Grayson.

I should have a character sheet up sometime tomorrow or Saturday.

Alias

I'm gonna do some research tonight and see if I can spread my DC wings a little bit. I pretty much only know about X-men lore. But this whole extravaganza of super hero is exciting. Silknsatin , are you opposed to gender bending? For instance a female flash? Just want to know what you think of that kind of thing while I do research, gotta know my options.

mia h

Female Flash you say? Maybe someone that looks like this?  ;D

JamesSureWould

Quote from: mia h on November 08, 2015, 04:12:46 AM
Female Flash you say? Maybe someone that looks like this?  ;D
For the uninitiated, that is Jesse Chambers (aka Jesse Quick)

Quote from: Alias on November 08, 2015, 01:09:37 AM
I'm gonna do some research tonight and see if I can spread my DC wings a little bit. I pretty much only know about X-men lore. But this whole extravaganza of super hero is exciting. Silknsatin , are you opposed to gender bending? For instance a female flash? Just want to know what you think of that kind of thing while I do research, gotta know my options.

Hey A! Good to see you. You know I know way to much about dc comics, so drop me a line if you need any help.

Here are some characters that might be good to look into:
*Zatanna
*star fire
*vixen
*miss martian
*gypsy
*One of the batgirls (barabra gordon, cassandra cain, stephanie brown)
*one of the female green lanterns (arisa, soranik natu, katama tui, jade)

Alias

Quote from: JamesSureWould on November 08, 2015, 06:30:15 AM
For the uninitiated, that is Jesse Chambers (aka Jesse Quick)

Hey A! Good to see you. You know I know way to much about dc comics, so drop me a line if you need any help.

Here are some characters that might be good to look into:
*Zatanna
*star fire
*vixen
*miss martian
*gypsy
*One of the batgirls (barabra gordon, cassandra cain, stephanie brown)
*one of the female green lanterns (arisa, soranik natu, katama tui, jade)

Oh JSW! you're too good to me.

Tackyhillbilly

I should mention...

Starfire already exists. Our Supergirl is actually Starfire. One of the Batgirls exists already.

mia h

Quote from: Tackyhillbilly on November 08, 2015, 12:17:32 PM
Starfire already exists.
You mean there's the son of a Russian archaeologist imbued with powers of an alien spaceship in the game?  :P

Tackyhillbilly

To be 100% honest, I forgot DC had two other Starfires.

Deathnote

Quote from: mia h on November 08, 2015, 12:30:30 PMYou mean there's the son of a Russian archaeologist imbued with powers of an alien spaceship in the game?  :P
I thought that Starfire got renamed to something else.

@Alias - If you want to go Wonder Woman, there's also Donna Troy (AKA Wonder Girl I), though her backstory is... well... Kinda hard to follow.  The writers keep changing it.  :p

Tackyhillbilly

(Because she doesn't have a Backstory. Because certain DC writers are LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY.)

Vergil Tanner

Wonder Woman is dead (at least, one version of her). :P Read the intro post for a list of characters not available. :P

Juggtacular

Leonid Kovar, Russia's Starfire changed his name to Red Star after he found out Kori'andr was already using that name on the Titans. So people usually think of him as Red Star instead of Starfire.

JamesSureWould

Quote from: Tackyhillbilly on November 08, 2015, 12:17:32 PM
I should mention...

Starfire already exists. Our Supergirl is actually Starfire. One of the Batgirls exists already.

Sonnofa... you're right. As I was looking through the character sheets, I even commented to myself 'huh, that super girl pic really looks like Starfire'.

But, unless I'm missing something big, none of the batgirls exists yet. There's a Batwoman, but it's not the same
I mean Barbara Gordon is mentioned in a few times in the timeline, but there isn't a character sheet or a claim on her yet. I think.

Quote from: Deathnote on November 08, 2015, 12:47:42 PM
@Alias - If you want to go Wonder Woman, there's also Donna Troy (AKA Wonder Girl I), though her backstory is... well... Kinda hard to follow.  The writers keep changing it.  :p
Quote from: Tackyhillbilly on November 08, 2015, 12:49:34 PM
(Because she doesn't have a Backstory. Because certain DC writers are LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY.)

I wouldn't say lazy necessarily. It's more that the person who created her thought he was writing a character that already existed, when in actuality he was making an entirely new character that had never existed before.
Okay, he was lazy for not researching.

But basically every other writer for her has been desperately trying to fix that mess.

Still really confusing though. Like I know comics. I know continuities and alternate timelines. I'm the guy my friends come to when they want a story-line explained. Donna Troy still gives me trouble.

Quote from: Tackyhillbilly on November 08, 2015, 12:43:29 PM
To be 100% honest, I forgot DC had two other Starfires.
I remember Redstar used to be called Starfire. Who was the other one?

EDIT: nevermind, I found out. Also found out that there is actually a minor super-girl villain by the name of Starfire. Apparently DC really likes that name

VoluptuousVixen

Alias im not in gender bending at all, Jesse Quick is the most recognised female version of the flash and ironically she will be appearing in live action on the Flash this season on the CW.

Other female characters you could look into are

Zatanna
Vixen
Raven
Miss Martian
Artemis
Spolier/Stephanie 
Hawkgirl/Kendra Saunders
Speedy/Mia Deanden
Speedy/Thea Queen
Donna Troy/Wonder Girl
Cassie Sandsmark/Wonder Girl
Fire
Ice

Characters who are off the table are Wonder Woman, Kara ZorEl/Supergirl, PowerGirl/Karen starr

Tackyhillbilly

Oh thats right. Cassandra Cain and Katherine Kane are both members of the bat family. Because DC, that's not confusing at all.

And, yeah, the laziness is that the guy was literally looking through covers of silver age comics, saw Wonder Woman deaged to her teen years, and said "THERE WE GO, WONDERGIRL! DONE."

Also, are Karen Starr and Karen Zor-El off the table? I just meant the name Supergirl was taken. Neither of them are stated as dead in the opener.

Juggtacular

Aside from Jesse Quick, you could also make Iris West, who is Wally's daughter. Alternate timelines and whatnot, she could be the one who gets zapped by lightning instead of her dad and she's gonna be the original "West" speedster.

Deathnote

Uh... I'm currently trying to decide between Wally West as the third Flash or Garth as Tempest.

If I go with Wally West, unless someone decides to play as Barry Allen, he'll be stuck in the Speed Force for a while.