Re: What are you listening to right now? (Part 1) (Archive)

Started by Mithlomwen, February 10, 2009, 03:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xandria

Quote from: Wyrd on May 18, 2011, 07:32:43 PM
Speaking of Canadian musicians. Devin Townsend of Vancouver has got to be the most out their and well... one of the greatest talents that out country has ever produced!
WOW! How did I miss this guy, and from my hometown too!  He's incredible, so thanks again...I will be downloading! ;D

How about something with female vocals?  There aren't too many outside of Goth Metal (which I do like too), but Epica is pretty good.

Epica - The Obsessive Devotion
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. -Oscar Wilde

Charm is a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question. - Albert Camus

Wyrd

I'm really glad I could turn you on to some new music!  ;D

I'm not too into gothic but I do know lots of female fronted bands

Some high energy symphonic power metal
Dark Moor - Silver Lake

A great fusion of modern melo-death metal. power metal and pop!
Amaranthe - Hunger

Great indi power metal band from Montreal with a solid old school school sound. <3
Forgotten Tales - All The Sinners

love the ladies
Ragtime Dandies!

Xandria

Haha...yup!  My Ipod has been syncing non stop!  ;D

Amaranthe I do know and love, but the other two, no I have never heard of them, but they're both awesome!  Especially the Quebec band of course. ;)

Oh, how about Wintersun? I think Jari is amazing!

Wintersun - Sadness and Hate
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. -Oscar Wilde

Charm is a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question. - Albert Camus

Wyrd

Oh I know Wintersun very well. Jari used to me my Avatar on E. I'm getting really annoyed waiting for Time though. 5 years and still waiting. Apparently Jari is having major computer trouble and his money is running out

Here is a really cool symphonic cover of Winter Madness that someone made with some synth software
Wintersun - Winter Madness Symphonic Cover
Ragtime Dandies!

Wyrd

Ragtime Dandies!

Xandria

Oh that synth cover version was very cool!!  I think every Jari fan is impatient for Time, but I didn't know he was having financial trouble.  What a shame!   

My heart rate definitely goes up a few notches when I listen to him, especially on this one!

Wintersun - Beyond the dark sun

Definitely he's an awesome hero to have, and another great band in Ensiferum!  ;D

Ensiferum - Victory Song

Wyrd

Haha! If you're a fan of Ensiferum, then you'll love Equilibrium. A German band quickly rising in popularity. Their latest album I think was a bit more well done then Ensiferum's "From Afar"

EQUILIBRIUM - Blut Im Auge
Ragtime Dandies!

Xandria

Holy crap, they're fantastic!  Jeez, I am REALLY feeling behind on the music scene! hehehe!

It reminded me of this song, but I have to say I like Equilibrium better!

Eluveitie The Dance Of Victory

Wyrd

I had a feeling Eluveitie would show up here eventually. ;)

I'm not tooo into to their more heavy stuff, but I love their folk stuff leaning towards the emotion.

Eluveitie - Brictom

Another great song by Equilibrium I thought would be criminal not to put up somewhere.

Equilibrium - Unbesiegt
Ragtime Dandies!

Xandria

Yep, same here. I'm a sucker for an emotional dramatic song, especially with an amazing melody! 

I like this one by Nightwish too, it's got a nice folk sound I find.

NIGHTWISH - The Islander

Loved that second Equilibrium song too!  ;D

despickable

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

despickable

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

despickable

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

Lilias

To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

krakenknight

auroraChloe

a/a 8/21/17

auroraChloe

a/a 8/21/17

Elturel

Rainbowtech

I'm listening to Otep, Fists Fall.

I love metal music.

Wyrd

Ragtime Dandies!

Xandria

Phoenixrisen

~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Autumn52

May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish