The Beast Below [M lf F, Fantasy, NC, Pathfinder]

Started by TheVillain, February 27, 2015, 11:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheVillain

There's a link above, Rogue is actually one of the main options. And Dark Elves in mechanics might be but playing and elf and us calling it a dark elf isn't out of the question.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Kunoichi

Are you familiar with D&D 3.5, Ithnuul?  If you are, Pathfinder is basically the same system, just with a bunch of small tweaks here and there to try and make it a little better balanced.

And in addition to Rogue being a class option, Drow actually is a playable race option. ^^

Blinkin

"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Muse

May i play? 

Perhaps an innocent and pure hearted young priestess?  What pantheons are you wanting, Villain? 

Ithnuul, let me know if I can help you. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TheVillain

Sorry, just couldn't think of anything I needed to give you Blinkin'. :P

And getting more people then I expected. Might have to play a few groups or something like that. Feel free to make a character Muse.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Autocad

Quote from: TheVillain on March 01, 2015, 05:14:46 PM
Learning the system wouldn't be a problem Ith, no rules lawyers here.

Guess who just showed up!?

J/k lol  8-)

Seriously though, I'm interested.

What're the allowed races? Are we supposed to be sticking close to core (human, elves, etc.) or can we go all exotic and stuff?

TheVillain

I'd prefer it if you stuck close to core, Autocad. Thank you for asking though.

Blinkin

The image may, or may not be appropriate for the character; it was offered by a player some time ago and, in theory, fits the character.... but anyway, here's my offering...

[/floatleft
Name: Tari Gravante
Class: Swashbuckler

Physical Description:
Standing at 5’7, Tari is a leggy woman with an athletic figure that none the less shows off soft, womanly curves. Her mass of thick, dark curly hair frames a heart shaped face that is dominated by large, intelligent dark gray eyes, a full, slightly pouty lower lip and a chin that stops just a shade short of being too stubborn. Her lightly tanned complexion and softly upturned eyes gives her an exotic beauty that seems to match her unconscious grace when she moves. Normally dressed in a cream colored tunic under a dark blue jacket that does nothing to hide the rounded mounds of her C cupped breast,, her leather pants are tucked into high, dark brown turned over boots; a weapons belt hangs low on her rounded hips with a rapier on her right hip and a matching dagger on the left.

Personality:
Tari is a fascinating blend of outrageous flirt and bold, even reckless seriousness. If you’re a friend, you’re a friend for life and none other will be as loyal as she will. If you are an enemy… enjoy what time you may have left. If you’re fun, you’ll get a time that you’ll never forget. In spite of her conflicting personality traits, she holds a set of morals and principles that can be absolutely depended on to hold true; exactly what those are may sometimes be in question, but never that she’ll follow them. She has a mischievous streak a league wide and a love of anything the least bit exciting and new. This can range from a new place to a new man (or woman) for a night of wenching and drinking… Hey, women can wench; they just call it something else! When the times call for seriousness, however, her mind is focused on whatever needs to be done and although she may trade witty comments and barbs with her opponent, she never forgets that it’s life and death… and she intends for her and hers to walk away with the life side of the equasion. Often sweet and funny, she’ll happily sit down with the same “bad guy” for a civil conversation at a tavern simply because it’s the civilized thing to do and good conversation is good conversation… as long as the rules of courtesy are obeyed. Then, the next morning, do her best to best said bad-guy with her blade; unless the point of the fight isn’t to kill each other, but she’ll fight just as hard all the same! If you want to beat her, you’re going to have to work for it!

Background:
Tari is the youngest daughter of Baron Phenael Gravante, and admittedly, the apple of his eye. Even though she continues to disobey him and avoid suitor after suitor with some skill, she knows that She would not inherit from the family and must make her own way in the world if she wants to be free.

Tari, following the example of her 4 older brothers, gravitated to the ways of the warrior and her fascination with the blade has led her to no small amount of trouble and, because she is a woman, an unorthodox method of training. When her father’s Man-at-arms refused to teach her, she went out on her own and discovered an old rogue who, for a price that shouldn’t be spoken of in polite company, taught her the ways of light blades and speed, of movement and stealth when many of her opponents will be larger and stronger than she is… to face anger with a sort of glee that is shown in the way that the tongue can taunt and tempt the enemy to act without thought… where her own body might be a lure to act without wisdom… to be bold and wait for the subtle moments.

Tari recently had a not overly pleasant encounter with a nobleman’s son, who while in a drunken state, made certain unwelcome and inappropriate physical contacts with her person. In the end, the only way to get rid of him was to threaten him with bodily injury… and the drunken idiot took her up on it. The young man’s unfortunate and embarrassing injury was regrettable, but it was either be raped or be dead and she didn’t care for either result. Taking the advise of her father, Tari left the city for a time and roamed the countryside; hiring her blade out to worthy causes or defending the innocent where needed. That brought her to her current adventure and the mystery that she finds just too interesting to resist.

Character Sheet

Name: Tari Gravante         Player: Blinkin
Race: Human            Sex: female
Class: Swashbuckler-Inspired Blade   Favored Class: Swashbuckler
Level: 3            EXP: 5,000
Alignment: LN         Next Level: 9,000

Measurements: 36C-27-35Weight: 127

Ability Scores:
STR:   13 (+1) Carry: L: 50, M: 100, H: 150
DEX:16    (+3)
CON:12    (+1)
INT:   13 (+1)
WIS:   12 +1)
CHA:14    (+2)

Saving Throws:         Combat:
Fort: +3         HP: 36/36
Reflex: +7         Init: +5
Will: +3         Speed: 30’

Offense:            Defense:
BAB:+3               AC:      18
TAB: +8            AC (Touch):    14
Ranged:+6            AC (Flatfoot):   14
CMB:+4            CMD: +17

Class Skills:  (8 per level)
Total   Skill (CS+Ability+Modif.+SR)

11   Acrobatics (DEX (3+3+2+3)
10      Bluff (CHR) (3+2+2+3)
9   Escape Artist (DEX) (3+3+0+3)
8   Intimidate (CHA) (3+2+0+3)
7   Knowledge; Local (INT) (3+2+0+2)
7      Perception(WIS) (3+1+0+3)
8      Sense Motive (CHA) (3+2+0+3)
9   Sleight of Hand (Dex) (3+3+0+3)

Languages:  Common, Orc

Feats:
(RF=Racial Feature, CF=Class Feature)

1st Level
RF -   Fast Learner: +1 HP and Skill Point per level when taking favored class
Fencer’s Grace: Add  Dex mod to damage instead of STR, +2 to CMD vs disarm
CF -   Deeds: Daring Do, Dodging Panache, Opportune parry & repost
CF -   Inspired Finesse: Weapon Finesse & Weapon focus; Rapiers bonus Feat
CF -   Weapon Focus; Rapier: +1 to Attacks with rapier. (From Inspired Finesse)
CF -   Inspired Panache (5): Points to perform deeds equal to CHA+INT mods
   2nd Level:
CF -   Charmed Life 3x day: May add Charisma Mod to a saving throw 3xday
   3rd Level:
   Extra Panache: +2 Panache points
CF -   Deeds: Kip-Up, Menacing Swordplay, Precise Strike (3dam), Swashbucklers Init
CF -   Nimble +1: +1 Dodge Bonus

Traits/racial traits:
Ability Mod: +2 to any 1 ability score.
Skilled: +1 Skill Point per level
   Bonus feat: Gain 1 bonus feat at  1st level
   Favored Class: ¼ Panache point per level. (0)
Traits:
Blood of Dragons: Gains Low-Light Vision.

Coin:
   PP:    5
GP:   8
SP:    14
CP:    10

Equipment:
MW Rapier: (320 GP
Dam: 1D6+6   Crit: 18-20 X2   Wt: 3
Dagger (x3): 6 gp
Dam:1d4+4   Crit: 19-20(x2)   Wt: 3   rng: 10’
Darkwood Buckler: 205 GP
AC: +1   DEX --:   Skill: -0   Spell: 5%   wt: 2.5
Studded Leather: 25 gp
AC: +3   Dex: +5   Penalty:-1   SF: 15%   Wt: 20
Weapon and Armor Weight: 28.5

Item            Cost   Weight   Notes:
Potion, Cure Light (3):   150   neg (1D8+1)
Handy Haversack:      2,000   5
Bedroll:         .5   5
Canteen(x2):         4 gp   2
Clothing, Explorers outfit:   0   8
Gloves, sharkskin:      6   1 (+2 Acrobatics/climb, -2 CMD vs disarm)
Grappling Hook:      5   1
Lantern, Miners:      125   2 (Continual flame)
Pouch, belt:         1   .5
Rations (x8):         4   4
Rope, Silk (50’)      10   5
Wrist Sheath, spring(2):   10   2 (2x daggers)
Weight: 39 lbs (Lightly Encumbered)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Autocad

Quote from: TheVillain on March 02, 2015, 06:22:20 PM
I'd prefer it if you stuck close to core, Autocad. Thank you for asking though.

I'm currently in favour of making a busty elven ranger, i.e. the best kind.

A little metagaming here, but what kind(s) of favoured enemy and/or terrain would you recommend? I can guess "Underground" for terrain since you mentioned caves, but for monsters I just want to check what you classify them as.

TheVillain

Mostly humanoids and aberrations. Orcs and Tentacles. :P

DomJoe

Oooh, this sounds right up my alley. If you're not too full at the moment, I would like to reserve a spot. Should get a char down later on today, or tomorrow at the latest.

TheVillain

I am starting to wonder about numbers and logistics but so far so good I think.

DomJoe

I'm in the process of making a Dwarf Warpriest (yes, female) who will be doing plenty of hitting things as well as healing. I do have a couple of questions, however:

1) How are you determining HP roles and such?
2) How much gold are we starting off with?
3) Are traits allowed, and if so, how many?

TheVillain

Blinkin

Max HP and 1 trait? Need to make an adjustment to Tari then, I set her up under normal Pathfinder guidelines (Max 1st, roll for rest) and 2 traits with a drawback. Will the drawback work, or do I need to get rid of it?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

TheVillain

Get rid of the drawback too then, and no sheets are set yet so no big.

Autocad

Alfy
Elven Ranger 3

Character sheet link here.

Appearance: Alfy is a tall, buxom, blonde-haired elf. She wears a headband, a short halterneck top that leaves her shoulders and midriff bare, detached sleeves that extend from above the elbow to her wrists, a scandalously short mini-skirt, and thigh-high boots; all coordinated in forest green, and is rarely seen without her bow.

Personality: Alfy is not very talkative and keeps mostly to herself. She hates orcs with a passion.

Background: Alfy hails from a distant land. Her tribe was raided by a band of orcs when she was young and she was left as the only survivor, the rest of her kin either killed or enslaved. Alfy swore revenge and waged a one-elf guerrilla war against the orcs for years, until she finally killed the orc chieftain and freed her people. It was too late for them however: their minds were already broken by the abuse at the orcs' hands (and other organs). Ever since then, Alfy has wandered the land, alone and aimless, only the urge to kill more orcs driving her forward. One day she came across the call for adventurers to investigate the disappearances in the Village of Way's Rim. The modus operandi suggested that orcs were possibly involved, and so she signed on...

DomJoe

Agnis Stonehelm (Character Sheet)

Appearance

Personality: Agnis tends to speak in short sentences and gets right to the point with her associates. However, she speaks more freely with her battle sisters or those that have proven herself to her, revealing a more boisterous and jovial person behind her initially gruff and brash demeanor.

Backstory: Agnis was left on the doorstep of a church of Nise, and from that day forward she was fated to take up the mantle as a faithful follower and deliverer of their word. While the sisters of Nise were not her blood family, they raised her as their own flesh and blood, and Agnis treated them as such. She quickly took to the blade and divine arts, and under their guidance, she became a well known warpriest, fighting alongside her sisters against monsters and orcs most cruel. She quickly earned her place as a well known Mistress of Battle, and was eventually sent out to the Village of Way's Rim to investigate the mysterious disappearances and murdering of men.

Muse

Agnis is pretty, Dom.  You should describe her for Blinkin.  :) 

So let's see.  Is War Priest too 'hybrid' to handle the priestliness for a group? 

Villain, I don't suppose you'd allow a half giantess wilder? 

Failing that, I'll make you a cleric girl. 

You didn't say anything about Pantheon so I'll make something cool. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ViperFang

Hmmm, I hope it isn't too late to put in a bid for a character slot? XD I am thinking of a sorceress with either an arcane or fey bloodline, if we are set on Pathfinder~

Uebelator

Hey there!
Id be interested too, if theres still room and Im currently thinking about playing a cute little halfling bard or ranger.
I have to admit though, that Im not the biggest Pathfinder crack, but I guess, Ill get the hang of it.

TheVillain

Yeah, there's definitely going to be more then one group.

Not sure about the half-giantess, depends on the LA I suppose. I'd like you guys to make an attempt to stick relatively close to core, at least mechanically.

Blinkin

One reason that I went with a plain ol' human... and I like playing humans. Nothing fancy, nothing to scream more power! (Tim Allen grunting sounds) and so on.

But anyway, can't get much more core than human. :)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Uebelator

Im trying to put together a character and I hope I get everything done right. Its still a bit... confusing.

DomJoe

Quote from: Muse on March 04, 2015, 08:00:36 AM
  Agnis is pretty, Dom.  You should describe her for Blinkin.  :) 

So let's see.  Is War Priest too 'hybrid' to handle the priestliness for a group? 

Villain, I don't suppose you'd allow a half giantess wilder? 

Failing that, I'll make you a cleric girl. 

You didn't say anything about Pantheon so I'll make something cool.

I gave Agnis Spontaneous Healing Spells, and her Fervor ability allows her to heal as well. She gains Channel Energy at level 5 iirc, which means she has plenty of avenues to heal, even if she is spec'd more for attacking. I think she can manage full time cleric duties, although it never hurts to have another person with healing spells.