News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Mecha Mashup Interest Check! (REBOOT)

Started by Outlaw Fallen, January 20, 2014, 01:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac84

Wow! this looks pretty cool. I may have to dust off my Gouf Custom or Gundam Ground Type. XD

Is it still going?

Outlaw Fallen

Hasn't even started yet, Mac. This interest check only started a couple of weeks ago. I'll probably start working up the OOC and character threads here soon.
"I fought the decisions that called and lost
My mark has the relevant piece in this
I will come reformed
In short, for the murder of those I court
I bless the hour that holds your fall
I will kill you all" - Coheed & Cambria
A/A's UPDATED! (6/6/19) | Desires | Outlaw-bait

"Doesn't love always begin that way; with the illusion more real than the woman?" - Jean-Luc Picard

WhiteWave

This is a great concept and I am definitely interested! I just started rewatching The 08th MS Team so this is something I have been craving.

Mac84

08th MS team was an Awesome Series! Weren't the Ground Type Gundams amazing!? Norris really kicked ass in his Gouf Custom. XD

Silk

I'm gonna make people groan by taking my mech(s) from the Zoid Series xD

Batman4560

Outlaw Fallen

One word... VOLTRON! *turns on the theme music that probably everyone here knows by heart*
I will come reformed

"Doesn't love always begin that way; with the illusion more real than the woman?" - Jean-Luc Picard

Wheresmycow

Just tossing out the mechs I'd be interested in, I'd probably take from the Super Robot Wars: Orginal Generation universe and pick either Vysaga or Soulgain, with maybe using the Huckebein L or R power source: the black hole engine.

And the whole merc idea was just something to start the game off with max drama.  Maybe instead he start the game as part of the Royal Guard, but secretly part of the Imperial Vanguard, waiting to betray the Kingdom at the right time.  However, he finds his loyalty to the Empire eroding away day by day.  Great for mid season reveal.

EDIT: Okay, I lie.  Alt Eisen Riese makes me incredibly hard and always will.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Batman4560

Are we supposed to PM you with your character sheets?

Outlaw Fallen

Yes, whenever they are ready for approval. And I think that's a great plot, Wheresmycow, but I think someone already mentioned somethi g like that. As long as no one already called dibs on the double agent thing, you can have it.
I will come reformed

Oreida Wesker

Well,  I would like it to be known that my character would be building up to something similar to the Tachikoma spider drones from Ghost in a Shell. They're be smaller creatures used for mechanics, diagnostics, wielding, and lifting, but it's controlled by a circlet over the engineer's head, lacking AI and ability to do anything on it's own without programming so a knowledgeable mind is still needed for set tasks.. As our story will go on, they can eventually be used for mecha suit hauling or delivering mechanic/medical aid. She would eventually be getting them up to an AI status for a Mobile Outpost with virtual Interface for ordering emergency pick up or equipment. The difficult thing about that last part is once you ping for it's help, it also may give away location until lock on by dispatch is affirmed.

That is the long term goal of my character, her life is her work and only Engineers and mechanics would be able to use the technology adequately. I should have this one written up soon, figure got all the time in the world. Dibs... I'll share them, just not now. They're brain babies right now, just blue print and moderate constructed, dog sized, singular programmed, droid.

.. Dib dib... OOC knowledge for now.

Hots and Nots

All my devotion betrayed, I'm no longer afriad.

Dorian Grandale

Wow, Oreida. Nice thinking there. Wanna work something out together?  ;)

Reflecting on what has been said, I could shift my idea for my small group to be actual sanctioned militia, that have distinguished themselves in some way, now in training to become part of the Knights proper. I choose the Knights since they seem less concerned with total troop control.
"There ain't no sunshine when I'm low, how I'm low.
People tell me life's a game, I'm not playing.
Bitches don't mean shit to me, anymore.
I have taken my blows, I'm still standing.."

Oreida Wesker

Ha, give ya a work out, indeed. :P I love a support role, so I have time to dedicate a different character. This particular engineer has personal investment on a Merc Corp. Ties are still open and I still have other ideas of what else I would like to do. I'm not a bubble person, so good chance everyone will know the support characters one way or another through socializing.  -hopes there's a club or bar. -_-
Hots and Nots

All my devotion betrayed, I'm no longer afriad.

Wheresmycow

Quote from: Outlaw Fallen on January 29, 2014, 06:07:36 PM
Yes, whenever they are ready for approval. And I think that's a great plot, Wheresmycow, but I think someone already mentioned somethi g like that. As long as no one already called dibs on the double agent thing, you can have it.
I scanned the thread and the only one who seemed to claim it was already me.  So I think I'm in the clear so long as someone didn't PM you about it.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Outlaw Fallen

Nah, I never got a pm about it that I recall, so it's yours. Because I'm not quite sure of when I will open the guard, you may want to write your character in as being in the wolf pack until I open it, at which point his application to be in the guard could be approved.

And there will be, Wesker, no worries. I'm doing my best to cover all bases.

Anyone got any badass names they would like to see this game slapped with? Im drawing predominantly blanks other than a few alright ones.
I will come reformed

Wheresmycow

What kind of bad ass are we talking here?  Shonen mecha?  General mecha?  What are we looking for?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Outlaw Fallen

Doesn't matter, hit me with what you got... what strikes you as appropriate with what you know of the game.
I will come reformed

Batman4560

I just finished my sheet. Let me know if it needs any work please.

WhiteWave

Quote from: Mac84 on January 29, 2014, 03:31:07 PM
08th MS team was an Awesome Series! Weren't the Ground Type Gundams amazing!? Norris really kicked ass in his Gouf Custom. XD

Oh my gosh yes they were! I loved his Gouf, I actually have a little model of it on my dresser xD So nice to know there's someone out there who loves that series too, everyone I talk to either doesn't know it or shrugs it off.

I SUPER loved Mobile Suit Gundam 00 though too, I'm thinking of taking my character's mecha from one of theirs. So many great designs!

SargentToughie

For anybody interested, I just got both of my characters approved, and I'm planning on using the following 3 mechs for them:

-Duel Gundam (Assault Shroud upgrade)
-Freedom Gundam (later down the line)
-Weltall-Id

I'm not expecting this to step on any toes, but it's best to get it out in the open just in case, you know?
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Batman4560

Mine will be a transforming suit. From the Shadow Fox Zoid, as small space craft and the Heavy Arms Gundam (Endless Waltz.) For the record 08Th M.S. was the first anime to make me cry at the end. I was like 12. Good times.

WhiteWave

Quote from: Batman4560 on January 29, 2014, 10:28:12 PM
Mine will be a transforming suit. From the Shadow Fox Zoid, as small space craft and the Heavy Arms Gundam (Endless Waltz.) For the record 08Th M.S. was the first anime to make me cry at the end. I was like 12. Good times.

RIGHT!? It seriously was heartbreaking! <3 Okay it's official you guys are a great group and I am working on my character now ^_^

Wheresmycow

So possible names:
- Howling Steel
- Iron Hearts
- Broken Metal Souls
- Raging Metal Titan (because engrish)

Not the greatest, but might as well toss some names in the pot to start it off.

And since the Royal Guard isn't open yet, I guess my character can start off in the Wolf Squad.  Maybe a basic infantry mech, but lightly upgraded.  Then when it comes to mid season upgrade, he'll go over to the Alt Eisen Riese.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Delta 8O8

Quote from: Wheresmycow on January 29, 2014, 11:21:07 PM
So possible names:
- Howling Steel
- Iron Hearts
- Broken Metal Souls
- Raging Metal Titan (because engrish)

I like Howling Steel...

I've got a question.

How're we to communicate with one other while using said Mechs?
Yes, Radio's. But are we going with analog frequencies? Digital?
Short to Long? Or just short?
And will there be disruptions in the atmosphere? Will there be communications arrays strewn about? Or will we be needing a mobile Communications/Radar unit to be with each Squad of Mechs every time they go out?
"O'er Azure Skies and Emerald Plains
"Be without fear in the face of your enemies
Stay Low, Go Fast
Where Freedom and Justice Prevail!
Be brave and upright, that God may love thee.
Kill First, Die Last
With Courage and Strength
Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death.
One Shot, One Kill
We will fight to the end
Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong."
No Luck, All Skill
For Liberty in our Land!"
This is my Oath

Silk

Oh just for reference I'm coining the bulk of the feline zoids :P