Me and My Monster/Me and My Human (Take 2)

Started by Idlewyld, May 15, 2016, 06:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

I am giving this due consideration, my participation will largely depend upon who else throws their hat into the ring...

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Leki

Well I've sent my character in for validation~
I've actually been watching this for awhile with mild interest, and was waiting to see more characters... but then realized I might not be the only one sitting back xD

There's a few characters that have caught my eye so far, but I thought I'd just curse Verigil in particular xD
I actually knew the artist for Akasha's faceclaim, and had the picture stored on my computer years ago... but it went missing and I could never retrace it. Now that I've seen it again though, I sort of want to go digging through old online archives I haven't visited in years.
Damn it, and I was planning to sleep sometime tonight too... xD

I know most of you guys have already filled your monster slot, but if anyone wants help looking for a particular monster girl/guy I've got a fair few saved up in my stash x3 Though I'm going to admit, most of them lean closer to the anime style :P

JoanieSappho

Also, while Linde is defintely heavily on the sapphic side, she is bi. Just far more interested in women. (But not entirely disinterested in men.)

Vergil1989

Lol thanks for cursing me there Leki.  I'll remember that if you ask me for anything in the game.  Seriously though, I just found the pic looking for dragon ladies or something along those lines on google.  I was just grateful I found anything period that looked halfway dressed, let alone what I had started to see for my sorceress in question.  If you tell me who owned the pic or whatever I'll edit that in to my profile so credit's given where it's due.  At any rate, again good luck to ya Leki, hope to see you in the game once we get started.

Also Chrystal, hope you decide to pop up as well.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Chrystal

Seriously considering a totally malevolent creature that came through the gate for the sole purpose of creating havoc... Mainly because most people seem to be creating characters that are motivated by less violent motives...

Also possibly a human who is something of a geek...

I have a question for the GM:

Level 1 powers are basically unlocked by being friends with someone, right? But this doesn't necessarily have to be the person/monster who ends up  as the life partner, does it?

I have an idea for a monster character forming!

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Vergil1989

Level 1 powers as far as I could figure were already yours from the get go.  We were all pretty tough and powerful BEFORE the Snugel-Bonnie Effect, but once that got released, every monster was weakened to a 'level 1' type of creature.  So whatever your level 1 powers are, they're just your very low level abilities is all.  We might get more as things progress, but yeah, you can be friends with whoever, it's when you start bonding with a partner that you'll start getting truly more powerful.  The Snugel-Bonnie effect though just ensures an even playing field, if you will.  It forcibly encourages monsters and humans to work together, and eventually more as the game progresses.

But Idle would probably be able to answer the question better than me, that's just my opinion on the matter.  As for an out and out 'evil' character, we have at least one demon that's out for herself and her self interests, while not the same thing persay it's still somewhat close to being evil, just in a different sort.  I don't see your idea being a problem, so long as you aren't trying to stab everyone in the back or something lol.  I mean that literally.  Betrayals are okay though as far as I figure.  :P
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Chrystal

I didn't say she was evil. Just out to wreak havoc...!

I think Douglas Adams expressed it best when he said "And it was deadly, not like a bullet or a knife is deadly, but like a brick wall across a motorway is deadly". I'm not thinking of a creature that is deliberately out to do harm because she gets some evil pleasure out of it, but a creature that jsut happens, by her very nature to cause all sorts of cahos and havoc.

Thanks for the answer. I'm sure you are likely correct.

I'll see whether my character gets approved...

Vergil1989

Ah, my mistake Chrystal.  ;D  Still sounds like a lot of fun in any event though.

And hello Darkwall.

Idlewyld

Quote from: Chrystal on May 20, 2016, 02:47:12 PM
Seriously considering a totally malevolent creature that came through the gate for the sole purpose of creating havoc... Mainly because most people seem to be creating characters that are motivated by less violent motives...

Also possibly a human who is something of a geek...

I have a question for the GM:

Level 1 powers are basically unlocked by being friends with someone, right? But this doesn't necessarily have to be the person/monster who ends up  as the life partner, does it?

I have an idea for a monster character forming!

Yes - level one is about being friends. But so we're clear, powers, even those yet to emerge are inherent to the monster. Being friends with different humans doesn't unlock new powers.

Idlewyld

I think once Zaer and Chrystal run up their characters, we'll be ready to go.

I have to say I'm really excited!

Chrystal

I've wanted to play a character like this for a LOOOOONG time. Even tried in group games once or twice.

Just hope there are enough girls to go around

Aida Rose

Hi! Are you still looking for more characters or are you full up?  (Probably female human, because that's honestly what I prefer and it looks like that'd be a good addition? Unless stuff's changed.)

JoanieSappho

Oh, if nothing else, Melusine will be happy to play around with her. And, admittedly, everyone else, especially at first (but probably carrying on quite far down the line, too.)
She's too friendly for her own good, really.

Idlewyld

Quote from: Leki on May 20, 2016, 11:38:02 AM
Indeed, that we do~

@Idlewyld
Minor suggestion, but in the second Character Index post, would it be possible to separate Students up between humans and monsters? It's a trivial edit, but I just think it'd look nicer if it was organized with a space inbetween. (eg;

Sieglinde von Brandt Human (F/Lesbian) played by JoanieSappho
Vincent Kincaid Human (M/Straight) played by Foxfyr
Lady Grace Verhatten Human (F/Bisexual NPC) played by Idlewyld

Sylvana Demon (F/Straight) played by Arreis
Melusine Golden Dragonwyrm (F/Omnisexual) played by JoanieSappho
Isoke Foxfyr Kitsune (M/Straight) played by Foxfyr
Akasha Red Dragon (F/Bisexual) played by Vergil1989
Anya Werewolf (F/Bisexual NPC) played by Idlewyld

Just a suggestion so that it's easier to see what the current balance is.

Point well taken - will make the edit forthwith

Chrystal

Yeeeaaaahhhh.... ummmmm

GM should probably say something about monster/monster and human/human relationships? After all, it does rather defeat the object...

Idlewyld

While Monster/Monster and Human/Human relationships do run counter to the theme of human/monster relations, they are going to be allowed, at least in terms of short-term fun. Long-term relationships would obviously change things - if nothing else, characters in such situations would be transferred to staff.

JoanieSappho

I believe it went that human-monster would be the only one that provided any benefits, while human-human and monster-monster would lead to awkwardness and SB penalties during later stages of human-monster relationships (if caught). So, definite room for playing around at first, but we're meant to pair up after a while.
... although Mel may have trouble with that last bit, just hopefully not enough that it's a serious issue rather than a problem that can (and will) be overcome.

Idlewyld

OK - Those who are still making characters - we're close to starting. At the moment we have greater need for female characters, both monster and human.

Idlewyld

Quote from: otaco on May 20, 2016, 06:07:17 PM
Hi! Are you still looking for more characters or are you full up?  (Probably female human, because that's honestly what I prefer and it looks like that'd be a good addition? Unless stuff's changed.)

Still looking - females are definitely more needed than males at this point.

Leki

Well if Otaco comes along, and those who have expressed possible interest (ZombieMania, catherinehellfire) we should be pretty evenly matched.

Staff: 2 (Travis/Tabitha)

Seeking Female Monster: 6 (Vincent, Val, Eric, Kotaro) & (Sieglinde, Enya)
Seeking Male/Female Human: 4 (Antalya, Sylvana, Melusine, Akasha) + 3 mentioned above (*)

Seeking Male Monster: 1 (Grace)
Seeking Female Human: 1 (Isoke)

*Note: List is just for comparison, and may not be accurate down to the details. (eg; circumstantial preferences)
Also important to note that the '3 mentioned above' can make characters anywhere

Quote from: JoanieSappho on May 20, 2016, 06:47:54 PM
... although Mel may have trouble with that last bit, just hopefully not enough that it's a serious issue rather than a problem that can (and will) be overcome.
Is it bad that penalties are something I'm actually looking forward to? Not with Mel specifically (but potentially?) but there's no fun in a cohesive 1x1 relationship unless there's a few rock the boat factors~ xD Especially with so many pretties hanging about xD

And wow, male human slots filled up quickly overnight xD

Murvoen

Lol Yeah they did ^^ Looks like it's going to be a surprise as to who Sylvana sets her sights on first.
Back after a very long hiatus!! And I hope to be back for good this time!

Leki

Contemplating a second character... but can't decide whether to make them a male/female... and what type of monster xD
Did find a few random images I thought were nice though, so I figured I'd share them cause.... well cause I can?

NSFW (Not really, naughty bits are hidden, but you really shouldn't be opening these at work either way)
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

This one also reminded me a bit of Sylvana xD

Chrystal

I'm going to send a female human character, based on the likelihood that this game is going to have constantly open recruiting and it gives me more chance of actually paring up one character successfully...

So, bi or gay female monsters definitely a good bet...

@ Leki - AWWW they're CUUUUTE! No fair to call them monsters! *giggles*

CurvyKitten

So is there room for more, or are you all pretty set? I can't really tell, and don't want to end up having characters collecting dust in the end hehe