Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss... (Pratchett fans read)

Started by Callie Del Noire, March 18, 2011, 04:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

For those of us on this side of the pond who want to own a copy of Going Postal, it just popped up on iTunes as as rental/purchase :D

Callie Del Noire

Avoid the PJSM Prints site for Pratchett goods.. I've been waiting 3 months with no way to contact them.

Callie Del Noire

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/aboutthebbc/2011/04/terry-pratchett-choosing-to-die.shtml

This makes me said, but given his situation.. I'd have to respect his decision. For me, after seeing two of the most vital women in my family slowly erode away under the same situation as him, I'm not sure I could not consider it either.

Oniya

When I saw the post, I thought you meant that he'd set the date.  Terry's decision was actually made a while ago.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on June 13, 2011, 03:15:32 PM
When I saw the post, I thought you meant that he'd set the date.  Terry's decision was actually made a while ago.

I know, but he's never been so up front about it to this degree. This is a bit more than saying he planned to.

Callie Del Noire

Aw..the poor misunderstood kitten!

In other news.. in month SIX of order snafus with www.pjsmprints.com.

They IGNORED my address update and sent it to my old FPO AP  (military address) this time around. Their excuse? "We have to send it to the registered paypal address'. DESPITE the fact that I gave them the corrected address TWICE. (FYI.. Paypal keeps changing my registered address BACK to the FPO AP.. they don't know why I don't know why)

Lessons learned?

Well for one.. PJSM Prints has no way short of actually posting such toxic feed back on the site to get them to correspond bck by email, and I can tell  you I called (transatlantic calls) EIGHT times with no luck. So, if this boon doggle ever gets fixed (or I get my refund) they go on my 'never again' list of companies.

Polymorph

Really looking forward to this. Watched the clip of Sir Terry at the meeting with producers and he and the others seemed very enthusiastic about the project. I get every novel when they come out and read them in a day before posting them to my sister in the states.

Simon Pegg for Daft Wullie!

I don't know if there's any word on casting for the series. Both Charles Dance and Jeremy Irons were excellent as Lord Vetenari in the past. Hoping a lot of Ankh Morpork's colourful characters will be making cameos in episodes (Rincewind, CMOT, Foul Ron and the beggers etc etc)