Blackgate Asylem for the Mentally Afflicted. let's see your monsters!

Started by Ironwolf85, June 06, 2012, 08:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironwolf85

I'm narrating a one on one Psycho-horror roleplay that is somewhere between The Suffering, Siren, Steven King, and Silent Hill. I have a full list of homacidal monsters, but since I could always use new ideas bring forth your creepy, violent, or sexual, creations or cruel doctors and staff and let's hear them.

If any are direct dupes of the monsters from a horror game I will likely know. but based monsters are fine.

for refrence Blackgate sits on a hilly island off the coast of new england somewhere between canada and the United States, it has been various things at various times including a Private Home for Mentally Ill, a Prision, a Civil War and WW2 fort.
The old prision has been gived a fresh coat of pait, brought back up to code, and partly reopened as Blackgate Asylem for the Mentally afflicted. where it sits outside the juridiction of american and canadian medical oversight dispite it's reputation as a sucessful mental helth clinic, only high proifile cases are ever cured, the rest of the patents are abused by the majority of the staff.

due to the horrors that have taken place on Blackgate the veil between worlds wares thin, and as the Rp goes on Manifested will start appearing in addition to more human monsters. Manifested are the incarnation of some mental stress and strain, deep psychological affliction, or traumatic event in the island's history.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Sel Nar

Well, right out of the gate, let's get ALL the Suffering References down pat, as Blackgate island is pretty much Carnate only without a prison quarry used to make the walls of the actual prison from the native rock of the island.

So, we need various manifestations of execution or horrible horrible death (Beheading, Firing Squad, Lethal Injection, Hanging, Live Burial, Incineration, Eaten by Rats, Electrocution, Gas Chamber, et al, if you're going for the classic set from Carnate) and, potentially, rumours of some giant thing spoken of only in whispers and called THE BEAST.

Of course, considering that Stan Winston (aka; the guy that made the Terminator and the Alien Queen) designed each of the malefactors that first appeared on Carnate (and later, the streets of Baltimore), well, not much can be said to add to the physical descriptions.

Now, if you want something more along the lines of incarnations of emotional, mental, and sexual abuse, well, that's where King, Silent Hill, and Siren come into play; Lots of creepy noises, lots of slow-build scares instead of jumpscares, and, of course, human characters that make the hideous monsters look personable and charming. In fact, I'd guess that Nurse Ratched is in charge of the wards, too.

Ironwolf85

I'm going along the lines of trying to strike a balance between them, but without the monsters making me go "huh?" and half the storyline being convolouted. I'm also throwing in a bit of Alan Wake.

I also liked the setting on carnate, the island just felt... right... for a horror game ya know. though I'm adding things like a small port town where residents live, and feel free to expand Blackgate with your own horror locations.

and Ya gotta have Loveless, he was one of my favorite characters

here are a two examples from my own little black book.

Redliner: a medical monster with flesh covering his eyes nose and mouth, wearing a ragged bloody labcoat with surgical instrimunts for hands including needles filled with potant drugs. while not linked to any direct action the surgical practices at blackgate have always been in question, and unethical doctors selling inmates organs on the black market is not unheard of.

Fettershin: the island belonged to natives prior to the civil war, but when industrialization came so too came conflict, the natives were destroyed, and the local wildlife hunted nearly to oblivion. The Fettershin is an armless monster that looks like a mutant deer who walks upright, and suffers from multiple gunshot wounds. the skin on it's face is peeld back with razor sharp teeth showing and glinting in the night. These dead eyed creatures haunt the wild places and are a sort of urban legend among the locals. in the other realm they are real, and after the fracture, haunt old native sites. Fettershin are fast and vicious, a bit like raptors with a distinctive clicking sound when they move made by the clicking of their teeth togeather.

Jacketman: swathed in a straightjacket made of flesh these eyeless abominations bite and kick along with their disturbing moans of pain and pleasure. (not fully fleshed out)

monsters based on mental, sexual, emotional, and occasionally physical abuse, along with a few big baddies for traumatic events.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.