Why Elliquiy Bans Public Contact Details

Started by Vekseid, August 29, 2009, 12:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin

I can't stand creeps. I know ocasionally I come off as a weirdo or strange but I hope I never come across as a creep.

Chaos

personalroleplaying sounds interesting, actually. Might have to give that a look.

The approval process here was great fun, really. I wanted to get in and start playing, of course, but I enjoyed the friendly questions and it gave me a better feel for the site as well.

Nimmy

I'm with Chaos. I wanted in when I first applied, but I also enjoyed the approval process. If I remember correctly I got a ton of really awesome questions that I had fun answering.

Thanks for having such a great process.

Armot

As embarrassing as this is, i admittedly had a 'situation' with posting personal information not but a few hours ago.
Caught up in the moment of re-encountering an old friend in my introduction thread, i posted a link to a site displaying a gallery of my artwork, and along with it, contact info for said old friend.
This was stupid.
I knew it right after i had posted it, and thank heavens to 'Bishrook', the link was quickly and politely removed.

I'm bringing light to this little screw-up of mine to formally apologize. After reading, and rereading this thread in particular, i now grasp even moreso the importance of keeping personal activities and information completely separate from on-site publication.
I'm am indeed dreadfully sorry, and apologize to the site administrators for this slip of mind where the obviously displayed rules are concerned.

I didn't want to overlook this situation as a random mishap in any way, as i know how serious one little slip like that can be. I truly hope that my apology on this matter can be accepted, and that my review process can continue. If the latter be the case, i can assure the site administrators that i will be far more responsible in the future, and that no further brain-farts of this kind will be seen from me again.

Secretwriter

Anyone can pretend to be any age over the internet. They can pretend to be anyone else too.  You never know if the name that you get is real or even know if the people you talk with are ever truly who they say they are.  It’s creepy. 

I’m pretty free with the people that I give my information to but I like being the one to do it personally and not having someone else to see my information and add me randomly.

As far as the approval process goes, I’m actually enjoying it.  Everyone so far is very friendly and they ask funny questions.  It, to me, makes getting approved (hopefully!) that much more worthwhile. 

It’s nice to know that the administrators care about the safety of the members even if they don’t know them at all.  :-*

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Stella Omega

I've come here from a writer's discussion forum that has no moderation-- the owner believes that verbal abuse is free speech, and that adults have the option of pretending the abuse didn't happen. Which to me is what ostriches do. Adults set standards, and they hold each other responsible to them, and they have the ability to remove those who don't uphold a standard-- whatever that standard might be, from hell's Angel's to a Manhattan debutante party. Or suburban barbecue. 

I was expecting a much longer approval process!  :-*
ons and offs (Now including excuses and stuff like that)

scarsandtattoos

I agree with what was stated in this blog, yet still waiting for my own approval; impatience is at in my foremost thoughts! Lol! Although, I do know that when I am finally approved; the intense, slow pain that is being inflicted upon my patience will soon subside and will be forgotten among other lost and pointless times I have been impatient! :)

With that being said, despite why edgy nerve, I am very glad that access must be granted first before being able to thumb through all the site has to offer and what users have in their writings, information, and anything else that is unavailable at the time.

Good blog!

Scarsandtattoos, out (and waiting with baited breath)

Braioch

I won't deny, that as a naturally impatient person, it was practically agonizing for me to have to wait to get approved. Oh I was in a fit of impatience, haha, I kept thinking to myself "geez, I've been active constantly ever since I signed up, what's taking so long!" Well that all went away instantly the moment I realized I had been approved (which incidentally was the day I just decided to give being "super active" on the site a break, XD, irony much?) needless to say I was pleased and more overjoyed by the fact that there was so much to do, as well as the help that is offered to you.

Nevertheless, it wasn't till after I thought about it that I realized how important that process really is. Ugh I can't tell you the number of times on other sites (not just RP sites, but Myspace, Facebook, etc) that I've had random people message or IM me. I'm pretty open with those things, and I usually don't get problems. But occasionally I'd get messages or IM's from the biggest drooling creeps, or people harassing me for the sheer fact that I'm not heterosexual. Mind you the creepers just creeped me out (obviously) and the harassers just kinda irritated me, though it was fun to mess with them XD.

Anyways this process is a necessity to prevent that kind of thing from happening, and so I'm actually quite glad for it all.

^_^
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]