News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Companion's Guild [CLOSED]

Started by Eliza, February 17, 2011, 05:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eliza

I'm hoping that it would be the characters themselves who would paint the picture for me. I'm leaving locations uncertain and random, since I don't want a mock of an already made universe.

LadyDiscord

Join my village and make money.
✔✦✘

LadyDiscord

http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu243/son6son/Asin/asin-2a.jpg
http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu243/son6son/Asin/ad25.jpg
Name: Maleta Asine Rai
Nickname: Asine
Character Type: Empress
Musical Skills: Instrumental Kannada. Karaoke, Tamil,Marathi and other Hindi music.  Also she is a beautiful  singer with a soft contralto voice.
Dance Skills:  Bharatha Natyam; a dance of slow rhythmic motions that entice the soul, mind and body as well as tell a story. Usually fire is implemented into the dance for a  emotional effect.
Combat Skills: Kalaripayattu; One of the oldest forms of martial arts in existence it incorporates strikes, kicks, perform stances, grappling, weaponry and healing methods that mimic a dance like motion.
Ceremony Type: Description:Madisars are the traditional clothing of her people. Madisars are cloth’s of fabric wrapped around the body to look like a dress or long skirt. They come in many different colors, like bright yellows and gold to rich blues and earthy tones. When working Asine wears her more elaborate cloth compared to the earthy browns when off duty. Usually she will wear elaborate jewelry and head coverings made from precious metals and jewels. Rarely does she wear day to day, modern clothing. Asine marks herself with henna tattoos and markings when performing or servicing others. Her hair is most likely braided or worn down unless for more formal occasions in which she will decorate her locks with intricate designs.
Background: Asine had been trained for the role of courtesan from a very young age. Her family was middle class and her father worked hard every day. Stressing the importance of education she learned many trades in business, fashion and culture. Her mother worked hard in the medical field, but it was her grandmother who saw potential in her as a courtesan. Her mother disagreed and wanted Asine to enter a normal life so that she could marry and have children. The life of courtesan was what she chose and with help from her grandmother and father it was agreed she would go to school for training. Ever since then all forms of it have become an art. She learn the art of war, love and appreciation. As an Empress she rose to the top.
Other notes: (tba)
Join my village and make money.
✔✦✘

Joslyn

I was wondering how formal or informal Guild members are amongst themselves. Would an empress and a companion be on a first name basis, or would the companion be expected to be deferential and address the empress by her title? How do the rookies fit into that?

Eliza

Usually for Companions, Rookie and Companion are informal with each other, but when interacting with Empresses, they are formal. It's the same as regular hostess and #1 hostess in Japan. Putting wing monitors and hall monitors in the mix, hall monitor may be more informal that wing monitors when interacting with Companions.

Joslyn

I had a thought. I realize we don't have any clients yet for the game, but we do at least have three courtesans and a hall monitor. Might be interesting to make an IC thread set in the guild house where we can just chat and get used to playing our characters. And maybe fool around a bit if the urge strikes anyone. ;)

Oh and forgot to mention that I really liked Asine--lots of interesting details and very lovely pic. ^_^

Eliza

Good idea. I'll try to get one going today. We can probably just NPC everyone else, including the headmaster. I'll change the first post today to get the thread to say that Clients are needed .. though I'll need to have a Client sign-up sheet done first. Anyone want to help with that, just reply an outline of what you think a client would need to put down. I'd say the outline must be really informational, providing as much details as possible.

Eliza

Closing the thread due to less than minimum interest. I'm locking the thread now. If you want to use this as an idea, resurrect it, or create probably a 1vs1 version of it, PM me.