STANDBY...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED
SYNCHING ENCRYPTION HANDSHAKE...
HANDSHAKE CONFIRMED
DOWNLOADING FILES...
DONE

WELCOME TO THE SCP FOUNDATION

Welcome
SCP artifacts pose a significant threat to global security. Various agencies from around the world operate to maintain human independence from extra-terrestrial, extra-dimensional, and extra-universal threat. In the past humankind has been at the whim of these bizarre artifacts and similar phenomena, but we have now reached a point in history where we can begin to control and contain these defiances of natural law.

You are now working for the SCP Foundation. You have no need to understand how or why we operate. What you do need to understand is how vital your mission is.

Our Goals

Observe preternatural phenomena and develop new theories of science based on their observable behavior.
    Contain potentially dangerous phenomena.
    Develop safety procedures for dealing with all future phenomena.
    Observe, detain, and destroy any one or any thing preventing us from accomplishing the above-stated goals.

Quote from: The Administrator
    Mankind in its present state has been around for a quarter of a million years, yet only the last 4,000 have been of any significance. So, what did we do for nearly 250,000 years? We huddled in caves and around small fires, fearful of the things that we didn't understand. It was more than explaining why the sun came up, it was the mystery of enormous birds with heads of men, and rocks that came to life. So we called them 'gods' and 'demons,' and begged them to spare us and prayed for salvation.

In time, their numbers dwindled and our numbers rose. The world began to make more sense when there were less things to fear. Yet, the unexplained can never truly go away, as if the universe demands the absurd and impossible.

Mankind must not go back to hiding in fear. No one else will protect us, we must stand up for ourselves.

While the rest of mankind dwell in the light, we must stand in the darkness to combat it, contain it, and shield it from the eyes of the public, so that others may live in a sane, normal world.

We secure. We contain. We protect.

SCP Field Agent Application

[float=right][img padding=5 height=300]Post URL of Character Picture Here[/img][/float]
Name:
Basic Physical Description:
Distinguishing Marks:

Psychological Profile:
Phobias:
Religious Beliefs:
Brief Personal History:

Previous Employment:
Experience with the Supernatural (if applicable):
Next of Kin:

Quick Links:
IC Thread
OOC Thread
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

AndyZ

Interesting.  What kinds of abnormal tech or supernatural allies would we be looking at?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Latooni Subota

Linna, I don't know if I'm impressed, or HORRIFIED, at this idea. Well . . scratch that, I know I'm afraid. @.@
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Gekido

Mmm this is quite a interesting thing you have here. Count me in, however I would like to see the ideas of the others before offering my own character.

Caitlin

I looked up what SCP is about and it sounds like a lot of fun.

I'd like to have some more information about the plot, but this does look like an interesting game. :-)

QuoteDistinguishing Marks:
Could you give an example for this one? I'm not really sure in what kind of field those marks should relate to.

Matthew

Oooh... I've spent way too many hours poking around the SCP wiki, I'm definatly interested...

TheHangedOne

Is playing a Human SCP possible? Nothing as overpowered as Cain, of course.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Lumasan

While this massive creepy pasta would make an amazing roleplay it would probably scares the shit out of me. I may be a creeper and watch it go down though. After my excursion with the Slenderman last summer (i read everything slender related and watched all of marble hornets and spent the rest of my summer paranoid out of my mind) I want to stay out of being included in anything freaky. But but but! I would really love to follow this.
My Ons and Offs/My Current Cravings 1x1's

"The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn, Is Just to Love, And Be Loved In Return" -Eden Abhez "Wild Boys"

GloomCookie

Quote from: AndyZ on August 26, 2012, 12:34:07 AM
Interesting.  What kinds of abnormal tech or supernatural allies would we be looking at?
If it's found on the SCP Wiki, it can be found in this game.

Quote from: Latooni Subota on August 26, 2012, 12:39:56 AM
Linna, I don't know if I'm impressed, or HORRIFIED, at this idea. Well . . scratch that, I know I'm afraid. @.@
You should be.  It's the SCP.

Quote from: Gekido on August 26, 2012, 12:58:00 AM
Mmm this is quite a interesting thing you have here. Count me in, however I would like to see the ideas of the others before offering my own character.
Fair enough.

Quote from: Caitlin on August 26, 2012, 02:08:32 AM
I looked up what SCP is about and it sounds like a lot of fun.

I'd like to have some more information about the plot, but this does look like an interesting game. :-)
Could you give an example for this one? I'm not really sure in what kind of field those marks should relate to.
The plot will have you all as agents trying to collect an SCP artifact, one of my choosing to make things fun.

Distinguishing marks include: Tattoos, scars, beauty marks, etc.

Quote from: Matthew on August 26, 2012, 03:43:08 AM
Oooh... I've spent way too many hours poking around the SCP wiki, I'm definatly interested...
Then you know what to expect.

Quote from: TheHangedMan on August 26, 2012, 04:05:08 AM
Is playing a Human SCP possible? Nothing as overpowered as Cain, of course.
Everyone will be playing a human agent sent to collect an SCP together.  You may not survive.

Quote from: Lumasan on August 26, 2012, 05:21:01 AM
While this massive creepy pasta would make an amazing roleplay it would probably scares the shit out of me. I may be a creeper and watch it go down though. After my excursion with the Slenderman last summer (i read everything slender related and watched all of marble hornets and spent the rest of my summer paranoid out of my mind) I want to stay out of being included in anything freaky. But but but! I would really love to follow this.
Don't worry about the Slender Man, I'm sure we have him contained somewhere.
My DeviantArt

Caitlin

SCP Field Agent Application

Name: Halden Amsheim
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Height: 182 centimeter
Weight: 72 kilograms
Body: Athletic
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Blue
Distinguishing Marks: A scar on his right arm, where he was bitten by a turtle.

Psychological Profile:
- Adventurous
- Calculated
- Confident
- Curious nature
- Paranoid
- Smokes cigarettes when he's nervous
Phobias: Cacti, Clowns, Food past its expiration date, Mobile phones with an antenna (without antenna is fine), Turtles.
Religious Beliefs: Atheist
Brief Personal History:
Halden is the descendant of an ancient German bloodline. He was born and raised in Beatrice, Nebraska. As a child, he was an adventurous, inquisitive boy, who wondered what made the world tick. When he was nine years old his mother disappeared under suspicious circumstances. Two locals swore they had seen an alien spaceship abduct her, but no evidence was found to support their claims.

In later life, his adventurous and inquisitive nature urged him to become a biologist, more specifically, an exobiologist, with a minor in microbiology. Due to his drive to leave no stone uncovered, he became an expert in his field and was contacted by Special Agent Fox Mulder from the FBI on more than one occasion.

Special Agent Mulder always told him that “The Truth is out there,” and though Halden presumed his mother to be dead, he had vain hopes that the X Files project could help him uncover the truth. Inspired by Special Agent Mulder, Halden joined the FBI, where he worked as a field agent on his own cases of the X Files.

Recently, Halden learned more details about the SCP Foundation. Throughout the years he had come into contact with their agents on several occasions, and even worked alongside them on one specific case, involving flying turtles, where he gave them detailed notes of his findings. The organization recovered the creatures and left without leaving a trace. At the time Halden hadn't known that it was the SCP Foundation who was involved, since they had led him to believe that they were a capture and retrieve team from the FBI. Intrigued by his recent discoveries, he decided to apply to the SCP Foundation for a job.

Previous Employment: FBI (X Files)
Experience with the Supernatural (if applicable):
Beatrice – Nebraska, January 2, 1990. Halden's mother was abducted by aliens. Apart from two eye-witnesses, no evidence was found to support this claim.
Beatrice – Nebraska, March 9, 1996. Halden witnessed a clown turning into a giant black cockroach, after which it fled into the sewer system. On closer inspection the clown outfit turned out to be a disguise.
Princeton University – New Jersey, September 23, 2000. The mobile phone from a friend became 'alive' while he was calling, and its 'liquid' antenna penetrated his friend's eardrum, killing him in the process.
Desert – Arizona, July 28, 2002. Halden witnessed a cactus vibrate in the desert, after which it shot poisonous needles in all directions. The vibrations stopped after the cactus lost all of its needles.
Beach – Abaco Island, December 1, 2005. While Halden was on vacation on a tropical island, he witnessed a group of turtles spurting wings, after which the carnivorous creatures hunted after men and animals alike.
Lincolnia – Maryland, February 18, 2010. While on an assignment, Halden witnessed four ethereal squirrels rape a pack of rats in an abandoned mansion. No offspring was produced.
Next of Kin:
Father: Henry (June 9, 1948 – Current)
Mother: Samantha (August 4, 1951 – Missing, presumed deceased)
Sister: Rachel (May 28, 1983 – Current)

Caitlin

I hope this is okay, I had to do quite a bit of research on SCP, their writing-style and how to create a psychological profile.

At least it should make for an interesting read. :)

AndyZ

I didn't realize this was something that already existed.  I'm in too many things right now with stuff that I don't know, so I can't add another and expect to do it justice.  I hope this goes well for everyone, though.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Caitlin

Quote from: AndyZ on August 26, 2012, 12:45:55 PM
I didn't realize this was something that already existed.  I'm in too many things right now with stuff that I don't know, so I can't add another and expect to do it justice.  I hope this goes well for everyone, though.
Until today I was completely unfamiliar with this as well, but it's pretty straight forward. The cases encountered are entertaining to read about and I don't think it poses a lot of challenge for a seasoned role player to emulate the style of SCP Foundation.

Lumasan

If I can manage to keep my paranoia in check (I don't think I'll be reading the wiki thoroughly, and only in the daytime) I MAY give this a try. Still can't decide. How many people are you looking for before you start?

"The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn, Is Just to Love, And Be Loved In Return" -Eden Abhez "Wild Boys"

Caitlin

I'm really curious to what this game would be like. I hope my application is up to the standards Linna is looking for. :-)

I'm also hoping to see more people interested in this game. One thing I'm curious about though; what kind of SCP's make people paranoid? I only read about 5 of them so far, and though I thought them to be very well done, none were of the level that they made me look over my shoulder. :o

GloomCookie

Quote from: Lumasan on August 26, 2012, 04:05:19 PM
If I can manage to keep my paranoia in check (I don't think I'll be reading the wiki thoroughly, and only in the daytime) I MAY give this a try. Still can't decide. How many people are you looking for before you start?
Approximately 4, though more may be included if I want to ramp up the difficulty/nightmare fuel.

Quote from: Caitlin on August 26, 2012, 05:09:24 PM
I'm really curious to what this game would be like. I hope my application is up to the standards Linna is looking for. :-)

I'm also hoping to see more people interested in this game. One thing I'm curious about though; what kind of SCP's make people paranoid? I only read about 5 of them so far, and though I thought them to be very well done, none were of the level that they made me look over my shoulder. :o
Please refer to SCP-426, SCP-914, SCP-087 and SCP-173
My DeviantArt

Lumasan

Quote from: Linna on August 26, 2012, 07:21:57 PM
Approximately 4, though more may be included if I want to ramp up the difficulty/nightmare fuel.
Please refer to SCP-426, SCP-914, SCP-087 and SCP-173

FFFFFFFFFFFF SCP-173 is nightmare fuel alone. It's also the basis for the SCP freeware game at the moment. They are working on other cases as well, but I heard of this from my room mate. I'm going to give it a go reading some of the case files tonight, and make a profile because I've decided to be a manly woman. X3

persephone325

I friggen' love SCP and it scares the crap out of me. Count me very interested.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Caitlin

Quote from: Lumasan on August 26, 2012, 08:05:02 PM
FFFFFFFFFFFF SCP-173 is nightmare fuel alone. It's also the basis for the SCP freeware game at the moment. They are working on other cases as well, but I heard of this from my room mate. I'm going to give it a go reading some of the case files tonight, and make a profile because I've decided to be a manly woman. X3
O.o

I read about SCP-173 and I really don't see what's so scary about it... Just don't blink!

I also read about SCP-087 and though I found it originally scary, it merely became interesting as I kept reading. It reminded me of a similar story I once read where a boy and girl where locked up in a similar staircase and they had to keep going down in order to prevent an evil from destroying them. I believe they were locked up in a tessaract. Since their staircase was also desintegrating around them, and since their journey took them several days, 087 was kind of mild compared to all of that. Although they didn't have a faceless face hunting after them, or a crying girl at the bottom.

This will probably be quite the interesting game hehe, my agent might freak my co-workers out more than some of the SCP's we're going to encounter. :P

I'll read about the other two SCP's later today. ^_^

Question Mark

Sure.  Why not.  What could possibly go wrong.

Name: Chris "Shaker" Cumberland
Caucasian Male
5'8" (172.7 cm)
138 lb (62.5 kg)
Brown hair, 1-2 inches, straight
Brown eyes
"Soul Patch" styled facial hair, brown
Pale complexion, otherwise healthy skin
Distinguishing Marks: Linear scar along anterior palmar, right hand, 3 inches (7.5 cm) long.  Inflicted by lawnmower blade.

Psychological Profile: During his childhood, [DATA EXPUNGED].  Various hallmarks of the trauma are apparent under long term examination of the subject, including: (1) introverted nature around coworkers, (2) extroverted nature amongst strangers, (3) overly cautious mannerisms associated with minor activities (e.g. ensuring the cap on a tube of tooth paste is securely fastened, retying shoelaces at the first sign of looseness, etc.), and (4) various phobias (see below).  It's obvious that the subject has put his past behind him, and as such he poses minimal psychological risk.
Personality traits include...
Alert and perceptive
Animal lover
Avoids risks
Calm under stress
Cleanliness and hygiene
Compassionate towards humans
Confidence in personal decisions
Confidence in decisions of superiors
Confidence with personal authority
Intelligence
Interest in the strange/occult/etc.
Lacks personal moral complications
Leadership potential
Neatness
Patience
Personal values are important
Punctual
Quick thinker
Respect for authority
Respect for subordinates
Phobias: Acrophobia, Agoraphobia (N1), Aquaphobia profundus (N2), Arachibutyrophobia, Entomophobia (N3)
Religious Beliefs: As stated by the subject: "I am an agnostic atheist.  I truly hope that there's an afterlife, but I simply can't believe it." (N4)
Brief Personal History: Born in Boston, MA.  Raised in Boston.  Father: high school physics teacher.  Mother: elementary school gym instructor.  Childhood interests include: biking, street sports, street fighting, soccer, reading (N5), marijuana, creative writing (N6), [REDACTED], and larceny.  Arrested twice at ages 15 and 16: one count of marijuana possession, one count of assault, both acquitted.  Graduated high school at 16, attended Boston University, undeclared major.  Dropped out on 18th birthday, joined US Marine Corps.  Served seven tours in Afghanistan, two tours in Iraq (see attached Combat Records) as fireteam leader.  Maximum rank achieved: Staff Sergeant (E-6).  Dishonorably discharged for [DATA EXPUNGED].  Because of the blood, these drew the Foundation's attention.  Recruitment offered on return to Boston.

Previous Employment:
Shift worker at Burger King (Boston branch 33412).  Age 16-18.
Staff Sergeant of USMC (Dishonorable discharge).  Age 18-33
Experience with the Supernatural: 15-04-2012.  2138 UTC.  Subject [DATA EXPUNGED] extinguished within three minutes.  Subject then reported to local acting commander [REDACTED] and was immediately placed under military arrest, pending trial.  Foundation interceded at this point.
Next of Kin: Father.  Joseph Harold Cumberland.  67.  1087 Broadfield Pass, Boston, MA.

Notes
N1: Specifically, being trapped within a crowd of people, unable to escape a crowd of people.
N2: Subject only fears being directly over deep water, such as in a boat or floating on the surface.
N3: Specifically, anything with many small legs crawling on the skin, such as arthropods, insects, etc.
N4: Subject is very much grounded in reality, and typically shuns spiritual matters.  Discourage assignment to SCPs of religious nature.
N5: Lovecraft, Stephen King, Christopher Pike, Tolkein, Heinlen, Arthur C. Clarke, eventually Robert Jordan and Clive Cussler
N6: Much of his writing consisted of complex plots involving unsuspecting humans being subjected to incomprehensible scenarios.  Themes, tone, etc. directly invoke Lovecraft's style.  Discontinued after joining USMC.  Talent negligible.

Question Mark

I also want to add how much I freaking love SCPs.  Some of them are absolutely brilliant, and most of them make me sit back and really think about it.  It's a brilliant fusion of cold, analytical horror and science thought games.

Also, SCP-914 is my personal favorite.  Throw something in, and see what comes out!  Just don't use it on people.  Or meat.  Or anything alive.   ...or was alive.

Caitlin

Aye, I agree, I'd love to do some experimenting with SCP-914 myself. ;D

*Stares at his cup of hot coffee and wonders what will come out on the 1:1 and very fine setting.*

Oh and I also want to insert a car wreckage and use the fine setting on that one. I might just get me a new car that way. XD

Question Mark

I've always wanted to try a Rubix cube, or some other simple mechanical device operated by a person, like a bike.  Or throw in a bunch of lumps of isolated elements: an ounce of titanium, an ounce of carbon, and two ounces of hydrogen, and then put it on very fine.  Hmm...

Caitlin

QuoteName: Agent Brooks
Date: ██/██/20██
Total Items: One (1) cup of coffee in a ceramic mug

Input: One (1) cup of coffee in a ceramic mug
Setting: Very Fine
Output: A cylinder of roughly equal size to that of the mug. When Agent Brooks approached it, it fired a large arc of energy, hitting him in the face. Agent Brooks was thrown backwards against the far wall, but sustained only superficial injuries. The cylinder was later determined to be made of the same ceramic material as the mug and had no apparent means of generating the energy blast. Notably, Agent Brooks has reported an inability to sleep since the incident, and is beginning to suffer the effects of extended sleep deprivation.
Apparently it doesn't end up being the delicious coffee I envisioned... I suppose it's better to let D-class personnel test the coffee first before I take a sip of it myself.

Caitlin

Quote from: Question Mark on August 27, 2012, 03:12:22 AM
I've always wanted to try a Rubix cube, or some other simple mechanical device operated by a person, like a bike.  Or throw in a bunch of lumps of isolated elements: an ounce of titanium, an ounce of carbon, and two ounces of hydrogen, and then put it on very fine.  Hmm...
Aye true, or a battery operated soldier toy. It might end up being an artificial intelligent mini soldier that wants to rule the world! ^_^

I also wonder what happens if we'd insert plants in it, especially carnivorous plants. That could be interesting... ;)