The Last Airbender: The Legend of Korra.

Started by Wolfy, August 01, 2011, 12:09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Yes. The Sequal to Avatar: The last Airbender. (Not that god awful movie, the show, the incredible show) finally has a trailer.

TLA - The Legend of Korra Trailer HD 720p (Audio Correction)

I warn you...after watching this trailer, you may require a change of pants. <_<>_>

Callie Del Noire

I like that she's not starting from the ground up like Ang but is already 3 for 4 of the elements.

Sabby

I never finished Last Airbender, but I don't remember there being... ya know... Steampunk New York o.O

Violence

Quote from: Sabby on August 01, 2011, 12:59:51 AM
I never finished Last Airbender, but I don't remember there being... ya know... Steampunk New York o.O

Korra's supposed to take place something like 80 years later... and given where technology was heading towards the end of the series it's not impossible they'd have been able to build a city like that. *nods*  The Fire Nation already had steam-engines and stuff, and all that stuff invented by that guy whose name I can't remember... >.>;;;;

I just don't know how I will be able to emotionally invest in a story without Azula... Though I'm sure there's bound to be somebody bad-ass.  Just not Azula bad-ass...
"Inciting Violence" (O/O) | "Random Acts of Violence" (Requests/Ideas) | Language of Violence (A Story I'm Working On)

And it all breaks down at the role reversal . Got the muse in my head she's universal . Spinnin' me round she's coming over me.
Domestic Violence (My OC's) | The Art of Violence (Stuff I Draw'd) | The Absense of Violence (A/A)

Cravings::  ANYTHING with Ballerinas! | Playing a cheating wife/girlfriend scenario. | Something that lets me play Jaime Lannister.

Starlequin

Dammit! I was certain the rumors of a new series were unfounded. Now I'm completely emotionally unprepared for the approaching awesomeness. Drat it all!
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Violence

Quote from: Starlequin on August 01, 2011, 02:30:38 AM
Dammit! I was certain the rumors of a new series were unfounded. Now I'm completely emotionally unprepared for the approaching awesomeness. Drat it all!

I know right?

I'm pretty sure it's their way of apologizing for letting M Night Shyamalan do what he did... they felt obligated to make sure that the franchise didn't end on that note.
"Inciting Violence" (O/O) | "Random Acts of Violence" (Requests/Ideas) | Language of Violence (A Story I'm Working On)

And it all breaks down at the role reversal . Got the muse in my head she's universal . Spinnin' me round she's coming over me.
Domestic Violence (My OC's) | The Art of Violence (Stuff I Draw'd) | The Absense of Violence (A/A)

Cravings::  ANYTHING with Ballerinas! | Playing a cheating wife/girlfriend scenario. | Something that lets me play Jaime Lannister.

Starlequin

That's awful sweet of them, then. I'd have settled for them removing his testicles and sending a tiny sliver of them to each of the disappointed fans in a tasteful display box. And i only saw half the film.

Violence

Quote from: Starlequin on August 01, 2011, 02:46:32 AM
That's awful sweet of them, then. I'd have settled for them removing his testicles and sending a tiny sliver of them to each of the disappointed fans in a tasteful display box. And i only saw half the film.

I hate myself so much that I actually went and saw it twice. @_@

I love the show so I went and saw it on opening day, then three days later a friend of mine wanted to go see it and it didn't feel right to let him see it alone.  I mean... you need an emotional support system after seeing something like that. ;_;

Kendra

I am speechless - I had heard the rumours too but thought they were seriously just rumours. It looks brilliant though, so can't wait to see it. Have iddy biddy butterflies chuckling around in my stomach and plot bunnies going mental now.

I couldn't go to see it in the flicks but waited for the DVD, was so glad I didn't waste money to see it in the cinema.

Not sure if his testicles could be sliced up so thinly, there are quite a lot of disappointed angry fans out there ;)

Violence

Quote from: Kendra on August 01, 2011, 03:18:38 AM
I am speechless - I had heard the rumours too but thought they were seriously just rumours. It looks brilliant though, so can't wait to see it. Have iddy biddy butterflies chuckling around in my stomach and plot bunnies going mental now.

I couldn't go to see it in the flicks but waited for the DVD, was so glad I didn't waste money to see it in the cinema.

Not sure if his testicles could be sliced up so thinly, there are quite a lot of disappointed angry fans out there ;)

Hey stranger. *tease*

I hope you'll let me know if any of those bunnies involve Azula. ^.^

Korra looks pretty awesome, in deed.  Easily some of the sharpest animation I've seen in ages.  Shame I don't have cable TV anymore so I won't be able to watch it until a DVD release... ;_;

Oniya

Quote from: Kendra on August 01, 2011, 03:18:38 AM

They do it with fugu.  And you have to admit, he had a lot of balls to think he could put that thing over on anyone who'd actually seen the show.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Starlequin

Quote from: Oniya on August 01, 2011, 03:52:41 AM
They do it with fugu.  And you have to admit, he had a lot of balls to think he could put that thing over on anyone who'd actually seen the show.

This. Hard. We thank you for the neat summation of our argument.

Empyrean

The trailer does indeed promise much. If they can make something that rocks this hard, I'm sure the stain of the movie can eventually be forgotten. :)

Kendra

Quote from: Violence on August 01, 2011, 03:31:51 AM
Hey stranger. *tease*

I hope you'll let me know if any of those bunnies involve Azula. ^.^

Korra looks pretty awesome, in deed.  Easily some of the sharpest animation I've seen in ages.  Shame I don't have cable TV anymore so I won't be able to watch it until a DVD release... ;_;

*grins* Do I know you? :P
*Hugs Up*
Hey you of course you will be the very first I come to if those PB's of mine spew anything decent regarding Azula *winks*
goes without question really :P

Oniya - I agree completely with Starlequin - your summation is perfect!  ;D
*standing ovation*

Oniya

Well, originally, I'd thought of having to use a truffle-shaver to get enough of those paper-thin slices - then I realized the other half of it.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Sabby

Guess I need to finish the 3rd chapter then... left half way through years back and had parts of the ending spoiled here and there with hentai parodies.

What? Too sleepy to be shy >.>

Callie Del Noire

I think that he bit off more than he could chew with the movie. I mean.. he did good in not trying to do the WHOLE series in one bite, but he missed out on a LOT by doing one SEASON in one bite. How could  you not see that you'd have to do each season in like 3 movies.. (though I will admit having seen the whole series in like a week helped me appreciate the writers of the series work).

I think each 'book' could easily be 3 or so movies and that would have been better.

Oniya

Biting off more than you can chew is one thing.  Mispronouncing just about every character's name when you have a sound reference is another.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on August 01, 2011, 02:18:23 PM
Biting off more than you can chew is one thing.  Mispronouncing just about every character's name when you have a sound reference is another.

True true.. didn't say he was without flaw.. just that anyone who had REALLY sat down and watched the series would realize that it couldn't be done in a mere 3 movies total. (Aside from the studio execs who are looking at the bottom line of making $$$$ for themselves0

Oniya

I'm far more lenient with the 'too much source material' problem.  Lord of the Rings could have easily been 9 movies instead of 3.  Ignoring the source material is where I get twitchy.  *cough*Eragon*cough*

Sabby

They didn't ignore the source material, they took creative liberties :P and by creative liberties, I mean they changed every single detail no matter how meagre in some small way for no apparent reason what so ever. Huge difference there xD

I lol'd so hard when the evil guy referred to the egg as a 'stone' in the opening scene... are the writers really so lazy they couldn't come up with a less artificial way of hiding the eggs egginess from the viewers? "Lol, want my stone now plzthnx" "We found your stone!" "Its an egg, I said it was an egg *coughs* remember?" "Oh yeah, right"

Envious

Kendra

Quote from: Oniya on August 01, 2011, 02:18:23 PM

OMG!! I know right!
what was up with that?!
I seriously felt like screaming the names at the screen and sort of did mid way through the movie and was just grateful I had been watching it at home lol

Quote from: Envious on August 01, 2011, 03:17:17 PM
When does it begin showing?

not until 2012 as far as I know

Envious

I heard the same thing, but I was hoping with the trailer, there would have been an update. Sadface and anticipation inc.

coolhands

Oh man, that whats an amazing trailer.  I loved the original avatar, and this one looks like it could be just as good.
I can't wait until it comes out.