Are you ready for some football!?!?

Started by Caity, August 08, 2008, 08:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jineriq

Is anyone else not surprised that Goodell is possibly levvying sanctions on the Raiders for accusing the Patriots? I mean, I knew the favoritism during Spygate was a little obvious, but now all Kraft has to do is call up Goodell and everything's perfectly fine. Shouldn't the league, and we as fans, be upset by this?

Will

I agree, pretty much.  I do think it was wrong to make that accusation, but was it really that serious?  I mean, what punishment would be suitable?  It didn't really damage the Pats' character as a franchise (character? what character?), and everybody knows Al Davis is a moron.  Why not just let it go?  Seriously, isn't Al Davis punishing the Raiders enough?
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

King_Furby

OMG that last 50 seconds on the bears/falcons game was so intense. one second left, atlanta ball. Field Goal attempt, 48 yards. If they make it they win, if not bears win. I was rooting for the bears.

grrr i am soo pissed that the bears lost, they almost had it

Revolverman

Bayushi

WOOT!

Sunday Night Football will be broadcast online! And the Chargers are playing!

*dances*

King_Furby

I been wanting to see a pats game without brady leading ever since this season started. this is the first pat game i have gotten on TV this season. i been wanting to see them play. will be interesting to see who wins.

Bayushi

Quote from: King_Furby on October 12, 2008, 07:02:27 PMI been wanting to see a pats game without brady leading ever since this season started. this is the first pat game i have gotten on TV this season. i been wanting to see them play. will be interesting to see who wins.

Sorry, Furb, but the Chargers are running em over. Cassel just doesn't have it going, and the Chargers are rampaging through the Pats secondary.

MagicalPen

??? What just happened this weekend with some of those results? This is truly one...muddled up season. The Rams get first win, over the Redskins?  ???  Minnesota squeak out a win over DETROIT?  ??? The Cardinals BEAT the Cowboys in OT?  ???  MAKE IT END!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Will

(in Boomer's voice)  That's why they play the games!

As far as Minnesota, can we pretty much admit now that they aren't going to live up to expectations?
As far as Washington, they were bound to lose in an upset.  They had too much momentum going.  Hey, better to lose now with plenty of time to make it up, than to wait until the playoffs, right?

Arizona over Dallas- I'm so ashamed, I missed it.  God, it looked spectacular!  But of course, this is just one more reason for Cardinal fans to get psyched, just in time to lose to the Panthers next week.  Maybe even the Rams after that, if Steven Jackson can run it down their throat.

- Jack Kerouac

MagicalPen

I saw most of the 1st half of the Cards game. Honestly, they should have had a 21 - 0 if not at least a 17 - 0 half-time lead. Should have been a TD on the 'tuck' rule (which is BS) and the Refs had earlier botched up what was clearly a fumble by Romo, but some how ruled an Incomplete Pass despite the fact that he didn't even move his arm or anything. Some people...

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Jineriq

I'll agree with you, the Cards really got robbed on a lot of points. That tuck rule, even when explained, doesn't seem to make any sense at all. It completely negated not only the fumble but also the sack that caused the fumble.

Speaking of sacks, did anyone else see the overabundance of holding by the Cowboys O-Line? They are not looking like the pro bowl team they were a year ago.

And, Will, some of us still hope that Minnesota can be decent. I'm not hoping for a lot, just enough. Although, seeing that Falcons game, kinda makes you wonder just how far Ryan can take them. Wish he was wearing purple this year.

Will

Yeah, I'm happy for Ryan.  I'm always afraid for these top pick quarterbacks that go to crappy teams.  It makes me think their confidence will crack and they'll never be any good.  Maybe I'm kinda backwards, but I think a quarterback should be the last thing you draft, or maybe even just go after an experienced free agent.

- Jack Kerouac

MagicalPen

Pretty boy Romo got a boo boo on his pinky, apparently, and will miss the next month or so while he recovers. Which means missing the Giants game. Hmm...crying to his momma? Maybe TO refused to sleep with him after the loss. Either way, I think they're already looking for excuses for another no-Playoff Season.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

King_Furby

browns are doing pretty good this game, I am hopeing they beat the giants.

toward the end of the game, browns fans were chanting "overrated" talking about the giants lol. soo mean.

fun game to watch.

Jineriq

I have to admit I stopped watching when Eli threw the pick six. He reverted back to the real Eli against a pretty bad Browns team. But, that's why they play the game.

Trieste

Oh my god, the refereeing. It has been ridiculous. Seriously, how satisfying can a win be if you're sitting there wondering "Would we have won if they hadn't reversed that TD on a technicality?" or "Would we really have pulled off that kick if they hadn't given that last BS penalty?" Really, I think they're cheapening things this year. :(

That said, the recent games are probably pretty brutal on some of you fantasy footballers. XD

Will

Eli is always going to be Eli if they can't rely on the running game, and when your defense stinks it up, you have to play catchup.  And Trieste, I think you summed it up pretty well. *sighs*

So here we are...and one unbeaten...
GO TITANS!!!   WOOOOOOT! ;D

EDIT:  Oh man, ya'll better hope they lose soon, or I'm going to make Boston fans look modest.

- Jack Kerouac

ZK

FOOOOoOOooooOOoOOoooootbaaaaaaaaaaaaaall! >.>
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Caity

Packers and Jets won, Cowboys and Pats lost.  All is right with the world.  *deep contented sigh*

Jineriq

Adam "Not Pacman" Jones just got suspended for at least four games! Without Romo, I'm hoping the absurd roster that is the Cowboys just self destructs, leading everyone to wonder why Jerry Jones assembled such a roster in the first place.

MagicalPen

Oh wait! Can you...HEAR it? Yes? Is it....TO is CRYING! No one will throw him the ball anymore!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Bayushi

Quote from: Caity on October 14, 2008, 02:22:05 PMPackers and Jets won, Cowboys and Pats lost.  All is right with the world.  *deep contented sigh*

Dunno about the Pack and the Jets..... but always pleased to hear that the Cowboys are losing. And the Pats... well.... GO CHARGERS!!!!!

Revolverman

Quote from: MagicalPen on October 14, 2008, 03:16:25 PM
Oh wait! Can you...HEAR it? Yes? Is it....TO is CRYING! No one will throw him the ball anymore!

TO Bitching?! NO WAI!

Jineriq

OMG! Just when Romo goes down, the Cowboys trade with Detroit for Roy Williams. What is going on in Dallas?!