News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Furies (Pathfinder; Harem-esque)

Started by Lunar Raven, November 29, 2015, 07:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

The best build I've found for the elegent beauty so far would use the swashbuckler class using the Slashing Grace feet to apply her swashbuckler abilties to katana. 

In the name of diversit, though, I'd prefer to make her a Magus.  Would that fit your vision? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Blinkin

You'll still have to take an exotic weapon proficiency for the katana, but you could do a dueling sword and get about the same effect From what I can tell, there's not much difference between the two other than one's an Eastern weapon and the other's not described as an Eastern weapon.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Muse

Kuroyama Yuki

Nickname: Little Snowflake
Model: Model
Alignment: Lawful Good; Race: Human
Class: Magus 3

Physical Description: Physical

Personality: Yuki is stoic and reserved, compassionate and dutiful.   She smiles quietly, and not too often, but it always touches her eyes. 

Yuki is ellegent and composed.  When not practicing the katana or studying her spellbook, she practices domestic arts and dances with her fans. 

The man who wins her heart and body will both vast depths of untapped passion, a loyal, loving, and submisive girl, and likely here her scream for the first time in her life.   

Background: On the Black Mountain--Kuroyama--lies a village of the same name.  17 years ago a band of oni and their ogres sacked the village, killing as they pleased and carrying away the town's young women for their pleasure. 

Two mountains over dwelled an old Kensai--Hideki--and his magically skilled wife--Kikiyo--noticed plumes of smoke on the horizon and came to render aid.  They slew a few straggling ogres freed some of the survivors.  They found a baby girl shivering in the snow, half dead from exposure.  Nursing the babe back to health, they discovered that  her father was slain and her mother carried away.
Naming the babe Yuki, they took her home and raised her as their own.  They instructed her in both swordplay and arcane magic.  Knowing that the oni were a plague on the world at large, they prepared her for the vendetta they knew she'd one day flirt with by educating her in how they might be slain, but they also made certain she was versed in refined feminine arts—especially cooking, dance, and calligraphy. 

The night after Yuki's seventeenth birthday, she asked her parents why they never spoke of her adoption.  They explained everything they knew.  As they'd feared, within a month she left home in search of her father's murderer and her mother's fate. 

Little did she know, her half sister has studdied her many times through her life.  This oni both lusts for Yuki and views her as a rival to one day be met and bested. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

Kuroyama Yuki

Physical Description: 5'5", 135lbs, ellegent and graceful with a tight body and a back like a violin.  Yuki has long, silky black hair with purple heightights.  Thick and smooth, it falls to the backs of her knees.  Her eyes are bright turqoise. 

Personality: Yuki is stoic and reserved, compassionate and dutiful.   She smiles quietly, and not too often, but it always touches her eyes. 

Yuki is ellegent and composed.  When not practicing the katana or studying her spellbook, she practices domestic arts and dances with her fans. 

The man who wins her heart and body will both vast depths of untapped passion, a loyal, loving, and submisive girl, and likely here her scream for the first time in her life.   

Background: On the Black Mountain--Kuroyama--lies a village of the same name.  17 years ago a band of oni and their ogres sacked the village, killing as they pleased and carrying away the town's young women for their pleasure. 

Two mountains over dwelled an old Kensai--Hideki--and his magically skilled wife--Kikiyo--noticed plumes of smoke on the horizon and came to render aid.  They slew a few straggling ogres freed some of the survivors.  They found a baby girl shivering in the snow, half dead from exposure.  Nursing the babe back to health, they discovered that  her father was slain and her mother carried away.
Naming the babe Yuki, they took her home and raised her as their own.  They instructed her in both swordplay and arcane magic.  Knowing that the oni were a plague on the world at large, they prepared her for the vendetta they knew she'd one day flirt with by educating her in how they might be slain, but they also made certain she was versed in refined feminine arts—especially cooking, dance, and calligraphy. 

The night after Yuki's seventeenth birthday, she asked her parents why they never spoke of her adoption.  They explained everything they knew.  As they'd feared, within a month she left home in search of her father's murderer and her mother's fate. 

Little did she know, her half sister has studdied her many times through her life.  This oni both lusts for Yuki and views her as a rival to one day be met and bested.

Chulanowa

Will have something up for "mystery" before too very long. Just got off work, and have to geek out on some stuff to relax  ;D

Chulanowa

This is still a work in progress, but I've got the background done! It's damn hard finding flat-chested images in fantasy work, so I think I'm gonna go a slightly different route to the sme idea.

CharacterNameHere

Alignment: Alignment; Race: Race
Class: Class

Physical Description: Physical

Personality: Personality

Background: 

She doesn't know where she comes from. Not her point of birth, anyway. There was no family, no village, no siblings or parents. There was no way she could know that, faced with the prospect of raising an eighth child, her birth parents donated her to the gods at the Temple of Sighs.

The temple was her family, her brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles, and village. Here the Sacred Women led rites with worshipers; male and female, human and non, and all manner of people in between. As a young acolyte, she cleaned, she prepared meals, and ran steppinfetchit. As she grew older, and her body changed, she learned other things; the ways to be beautiful to all eyes, to guide a person without them knowing they are being led. To use the mind and wit as a tool of pleasure as well as the body.

As for said body, well. Just because you were born male did not make you any less of a sister in the Temple of Sighs. Through both the training and draughts of the sacred waters, she guided herself to a feminine beauty, without sacrificing the tools (or, perhaps, tool) the gods had blessed her with.

The idyll of temple life was broken when a powerful man with stormy eyes sought the blessings of the gods... and came away with her at his side, a voice of moderation, flattery, and advice... for all the good it ultimately did...

Muse

Kuroyama Yuki

Physical Description: 5'10", 155lbs, ellegent and graceful with a tight body and a back like a violin.  Yuki has long, silky black hair with purple heightights.  Thick and smooth, it falls to the backs of her knees.  Her eyes are bright turqoise. 

Background: On the Black Mountain--Kuroyama--lies a village of the same name.  19 years ago a band of oni and their ogres sacked the village, killing as they pleased and carrying away the town's young women for their pleasure. 

Blue Leah

Quote from: Blue Leah on December 01, 2015, 02:32:33 PM
Well, I was going for Bloodrager / Kensai, but the Exotic seems to be pretty popular. So, here's my take on the Tainted beauty:

"Tainted Beauty"
Anhiri

Model: Tainted Beauty
Alignment: N; Race: Tiefling
Class: Psychic (Abomination)

Physical Description: Although she be but little, she is fierce- Midsummer Night's Dream.

Standing at a diminutive 4' tall, with a slim, modestly curved figure,  Anhiri seems to have traded stature for pronounced infernal features. Her skin is the color of soot over steel, contrasted by a shock of pure white hair that gleams in the light. Couple this with the deep red markings that seem to travel across her skin from day to day, and the wickedly curved horns that sprout from her temples, and you have a figure that will easily stand out in a crowd.

Usually for the safety of those around her.

Personality: While Anhiri may not be evil, she's definitely not what you would call "good" either. Sure, she abides by the law (mostly), and will commit herself to those she cleaves onto... but that's mostly because these things make life easier in the long run. Generally, she's just... calm. She has goals, her friends have goals... and she will see them accomplished.

Whatever else happens is just circumstance.

Background:
In the dark spaces between the planes, dark things scratch and prod at the barriers of reality. Most of the time, their investigations have no real effect- a bad dream, or a strange creature seen by a (soon to be) town madman. They scramble for purchase, trying to grab on to the darker sides of mortal emotions... but ultimately, few succeed in doing more than creating a story to be told in whispers around a campfire.

Sometimes, though, these... things... manage to do more than just prod.

100 years ago, one such thing- a dark, hungry creature that fed into and fed upon the greed and lust of mortals- managed to find a foothold in the covetous heart of an old widower. He had desired- no, craved- his neighbor's wife for years... and the creature made it possible for him to sate that hunger.

Of course, the creature's goal wasn't the man, or the woman... but their progeny. Nine months passed, and a screaming, dark-skinned babe was born, marked by the darkness and despised by the community that she was born into.

Fast forward, past a childhood marked by fear and anger. Glimpse only briefly the manifestation of occult energies, along with the hungry voice that rode in the back of a teenage girl's mind. Through forty years of childhood, watching family and the occasional friend grow old and frail while she continued to bloom. Slow, then, as womanhood finally arrives- three quarters of a century after her birth. While her stature and tainted appearance may scare people away, her power has made her valuable. She has found a place for herself, albeit one she occupies with a cold detachment- and, despite her reticence to become emotionally invested in souls she knows will pass before she even starts to age, she refuses to let that place go.   

Eh. Might modify the background again- it feels a bit melodramatic. Still, I think this should be a completed contribution.

Lunar Raven

Okay guys, everything looks more or less intact (in as much as I think I'm getting the gist of the various personalities).  I will just wait a little for Blue Leah and Chulanowa to complete their bios.  In the meantime, I'll be posting general info about the Warlord in question (from the time the characters knew him) as well as some of the major timeline events that they have lived through, as well as the character building guidelines/rules.

Once the warlord is posted up, please feel free to pick and pick at the character until he's something that is to your liking (I time permits, I may put up a questionnaire/poll to see what't the most popular opinion).

I'm thinking either we can start the game at 1st level, with everyone having just recovered from their time travel ordeal (giving time for character building), or 3rd level which assumes they've been on the move for a little while.  I would be pleased to hear your thoughts.
Member of the INTP group.  What's yours?

Ons/Offs: Elliquiy; F-List
Current Status: Closed.  Only seeking a GM for a solo game.
My Tumblr Blog (NSFW; Mostly Impreg)

Lunar Raven's gallery of Desired Titillations
Idea & Request Thread

Blinkin

Well, from a purely personal point of view, it would be nice to start out at something other than 1st level for a change. It seems like all of the GM's in recent months have all wanted to go back to 1st as a starting point again. But, I'll bow to the will of the GOD (GM On Duty) and fellow players. There's advantages to both, I guess, and I can make it work either way.

I'll stop myself from asking questions about character generation until you've posted the guidelines.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Blue Leah

Eh. I think I'll leave the bio as is. It's not in terrible shape.

Muse

I guess I'll need you to clear some things up. 

How much do we remember about the future we're trying to stop? 

Chulanowa

I'm actually gonna step out of this one. A character just isn't coming together for me right now

Grizzly

Is there still room to submit a character?  I'm not sure which archetype is still open or available.
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

Lunar Raven

Sorry for the delay guys, but the character building guidelines are now up, as well as rough timeline of major events that the girls should know about.  You can find it at the bottom of the OP post.

@ Grizzly: At present we're at up to four characters already, with (maybe) one more, despite Chulanowa stepping out.  If there are any openings, I'll be sure to notify you.  Thanks for the interest!

Idea & Request Thread

Blinkin

Questions.

•Maximum of 2 character traits.

Would you consider drawback traits?

•+2 inherent bonus to any one Ability Score of choice.

Is this in addition to racial ability modifiers?

Do Masterwork items and weapons still provide normal modifiers? Example, a Materwork backpack reduces and their weight adjustments?

How do you want HP handled?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Lunar Raven

Hey Blinkin,
I'll consider drawbacks, so long as players actually play out the drawback beyond it's mechanical value.

The inherent bonus is in addition to racial ability modifiers.

You'd still get the bonuses, so long as the bonuses on the automatic bonus progression table don't overshadow it (this would mean that by the time characters reach level 4, the Weapon Attunement Bonus +1 would take over, given as enhancement bonuses don't stack.  Masterwork Armour would still benefit from the better armour check penalty however.

HP is handled as follows (and I've update the build guide with it. Thanks!) - Full Hp at 1st level.  1/2 of maximum Hp die +1 at subsequent levels (i.e. 4 for d6s, 5 for d8s, etc...)

Idea & Request Thread

Blinkin

The drawback that I was thinking of, which seems apt for the setting and story, would be over-protective. Mechanically, the character would take penalties if he/she moved more than 10' from a fallen ally (Her sisters). Role-play wise, she wouldn't leave one of her sisters... even the one that's a ball of jelly... ;)... to be hurt or alone in a fight. It seems apt enough for the story you wanted.

I know that you said magical items will be rare, but I was wondering about items such as Handy Haversacks? The encumberance issues for a Swashbuckler are a bit harsh; everything demanding thatthe class remain in the lightly encumbered range. I can juggle it to an extent but armor always presses the limit at early levels and carrying much will be an issue.

Anyway, the item is a future concern. I'll have a character to you later today. I can't use Mythweavers or plothook, so it'll be a somewhat long text document... I've never even seen an actual Pathfinder character sheet.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

Can you adres this, Raven? 

Quote from: Muse on December 04, 2015, 10:46:10 PM

Lunar Raven

Quote from: Muse on December 04, 2015, 10:46:10 PM

Ack!  Somehow I missed that.  I've posted up the major events of the time in the OP post (there might be a few small additions I'd like to make, but it's otherwise got most of the big ones), but otherwise you guys can make up the minor events as you go.  Memory of things might be a little foggy, but otherwise everyone would have a good sense of what's likely to happen.

Idea & Request Thread

Muse

Did we loose levels (and age) when we came back in time? 

Muse

Kuroyama Yuki

Model:

Physical Description: 5'10", 155lbs, ellegent and graceful with a tight body and a back like a violin.  Yuki has long, silky black hair with purple heightights.  Thick and smooth, it falls to the backs of her knees.  Her eyes are bright turqoise. 

Background: On the Black Mountain--Kuroyama--lies a village of the same name.  19 years ago a band of oni and their ogres sacked the village, killing as they pleased and carrying away the town's young women for their pleasure. 

Class: Magus (Kensai) 3

Atributes
Strength   10   +0
Dexterity   18   +4
Constitution   14   +2
Intelligence   18   +4   
Wisdom      8   -1
Charisma   12   +1

Hit Points   27
Armor Class   16   (Dexterity +3, Dodge +3)

Base Attack   +2
   Melee         +2
   Missile/Finesse      +6
   Combat Manuver Bonus   +2
   Combat Manuver Defense   16

Attacks:
Katana, Masterwork
   Attack Roll   d20+8
   Damage Roll   d8+4
   Critical   18-20 x2

Sling (Masterwrok Bulets)
   Attack Roll   d20+8
   Damage Roll   d4
   Critical   20 x2
   Range      50
   Amo      10

Class Features:
Arcana:
Arcane Pool: 5
Concentration: (3+4+4) =d20+11
Proficiencies: Simple Weapons, Katana
Spell Combat
Spell Strike

Feats: 
Combat Casting
Exotic Weapon Proficiency; Katana
Slashing Grace: Katana
Weapon Finesse
Weapon Focus: Katana

Skills
Acrobatics      3   +3   +4   +1   +0   =d20+11
Craft: Domestic Arts   3   +3   +4   +0   +0   =d20+10
Diplomacy      3   +0   +1   +0   +0   =d20+4
K. Arcana      3   +3   +4   +0   +0   =d20+10
K. Dungeoneering   1   +3   +4   +0   +0   =d20+8
K. Planes      3   +3   +4   +0   +0   =d20+10
Perform: Dance      3   +3   +1   +2   +0   =d20+9
Ride         1   +3   +4   +0   +0   =d20+8
Spellcraft      3   +3   +4   +0   +0   =d20+10
Swim         1   +3   +0   +0   +0   =d20+4
Use MAgic Device   3   +3   +1   +0   +0   =d20+7

Traits: 
Rice Runner: +1 to Acrobatics, which is a class skill. 
Savant: +2 Perform, Dance.  Perform is always a class skill. 

Spells: 
1st Level
1.   Burning Hands
2.   Magic Missile
3.   Shield
Cantrips
1.   Daze
2.   Disrupt Undead
3.   Prestidigaiton

Spellbook: 
1st Level: Burnign Hands, Chill Tocuh, Enlarge Person, Expeditious Retreat, Feather Fall, Floatind Disk, Frostbite, Grease, Jump, Magic Missile, Mount, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield, Shocking Grasp, Snowball, Sundering Shards, Unseen Servant, Weapon Wand. 
Cantrips: All

Containers: 
Backpack, Masterwork
Belt Pouch
Spell Component Pouch

Alchemy
Antitoxin x4
Sun Rods x15
Tinder Twigs x30

Garb
Dancer's Outfit
Explorer's Outfit

Gear
Bedroll and Blanket
Cook's Kit, Masterwork
Flint and Steel
Feed x5
Kit, Chronicler's: This bundle contains a map case, two vials of ink, two inkpens, 10 sheets of paper, two blank journals, a pound of fine powder for drying ink, and a 20-foot measuring cord. The supplies usually suffice for chronicling a single expedition of not more than 2 months' duration.
Mess Kit
Night Tea x30
Rations x10
Rope, Silk (50')
Soap

Mount:
Nubian Grace: Combat Trained Heavy War Horse (Mare)
Military Saddle
Saddlebags

Coin:
Platinum   19
Gold:      3
Silver      3
Copper      7

Blinkin

Muse, you do know that you can modify post, right? You don't have to make a new post when you update your character?

I'm not complaining, just pointing it out. I see your character 4 or 5 times in the thread.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

If it's there five, then I had two double posts instead of just one. ^_^;; 

Muse

So Raven, no practical magic--like a traveler's any tool--or charged items like wands or potions? 

the rules you linked too would encourage things like that.  If they're not going to exist at all in this setting I'll probably want to move skill points out of Use Magic Device.