[Interest Check] Kingdom Hearts: Advent of the Crystal Blade [NC-E]

Started by Zadaris, January 23, 2011, 01:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OHWceta

Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Zadaris

Quote from: Lightshock16 on January 26, 2011, 10:04:04 AM
Probably good then. not a bad person in any way. lol

and yeah, if this has enough interest I'll try to be as dedicated as possible, sinc ei'm a big fan of Kingdom Hearts. :D

Quote from: pendarious on January 26, 2011, 12:38:05 PM
thanks. and I hope we get enough interest and dedicated players.......i love KH though i'm not very good at it. I'll be as dedicatedas time will allow since i'm in college and all.

Despite its idealistic viewpoints, as a whole Kingdom Hearts just created some many nice concepts that its hard not to find it appealing (in some way). As with any presence online RL definitely takes precedence to rp but its nice to have even a few dedicated individuals to help it all stand on its feet.

Quote from: OHWceta on January 26, 2011, 05:07:02 PM
Let me know when the RP gets started.

With any luck that'll be sooner rather than later. But in the meantime I'll be filling my photobucket with myriads of pics for characters, worlds, weapons, creatures and of course typing up a few scenario's to ensure that once our cult of dedicated players arrive that their interest will be maintained. And I intend to do just that!
"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them, into the impossible."

OHWceta

I'll be working on Ceta's lab and send you the stuff on it when I get a chance.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.

Zadaris

Quote from: OHWceta on January 27, 2011, 06:40:10 AM
I'll be working on Ceta's lab and send you the stuff on it when I get a chance.

And I'll accept it with open arms. No need to rush it one way or another; at your leisure. I'll save any and all info pertaining to your characters and/or worlds for reference should we (likely) need them in future. In a KH rp I played before I think all of us, at one point, was the focus of a major arc. It was probably my most fun rp to date so with any luck we may make something even better.
"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them, into the impossible."

Lightshock16

Lol I'm not very artistic so I can't create anything for my character. ^^;

Zadaris

Quote from: Lightshock16 on January 27, 2011, 11:39:40 AM
Lol I'm not very artistic so I can't create anything for my character. ^^;

Nonsense! I'm sure you're selling yourself short Shock. I never imagined I had any idea for mad artistic design. But then!

Spite kicked in. >.>

Nothing like people knocking your skills to make you step up to the plate xD

Lightshock16

Quote from: Zadaris on January 28, 2011, 09:28:54 AM
Nonsense! I'm sure you're selling yourself short Shock. I never imagined I had any idea for mad artistic design. But then!

Spite kicked in. >.>

Nothing like people knocking your skills to make you step up to the plate xD

Lol trsut me, not artistic. XD

and I see...lol

Zadaris

Quote from: Lightshock16 on January 28, 2011, 09:34:38 AM
Lol trsut me, not artistic. XD

and I see...lol

Even so, if any ideas of any kind (worlds, characters, weapons etc) pop into mind, no matter how small, do feel free to say; expansions like that are what group games so enjoyable. Just last night a few mates of mine threw some random ideas at me (despite not being avid forum-goers or roleplayers).

Like a few worlds:

* A desolate world where machines rule with an iron fist
* A world based around the series Guilty Gear, and by proxy, BlazBlue
* The crashed frigate as a basis for a Metroid world
* One based on Chrono Trigger, where we'd travel along its timeline
* A multi-tiered tree, heavily influenced by Norse Mythology

And the list could go on. I'll continue to expand on these ideas so that our game will be a complete success. PS; I have two characters profiles ready and I'll have them up as soon as I get back my external hd (which has all my stuff on it >.>)

pendarious

i myself am not an artist when it comes to drawing or painting...i can be an actor though but my talent lays mainly in writing.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

OHWceta

Since RPs don't have the same restrictions regarding published properties there can be a wide range of worlds outside of Disney's scope.

I had some ideas (I'll have to delve back into my old files to find them though)
I remember having add ons to the Alladin World
Valentine Town by extension of Halloween and Christmas Towns
More Extension to Olympus Collesium
Zero Wing
Soul Calibur
Fullmetal Alchemist (more based on the Square Enix games than the anime of Manga, especially #2 which had heartless like creatures)
The whole "heart' related Davy Jones stuff of POTC
among others, I'll submit my full list later to see what you think.

Yorubi

I might be into this RP. I do enjoy kingdom hearts the story is amazing to me. I'm not quite 100% sure about the heart system but I could always give stuff a try so it would be interesting something different specially allowing a more dark side that could make things even more interesting.

Zadaris

Quote from: pendarious on January 28, 2011, 03:59:11 PM
i myself am not an artist when it comes to drawing or painting...i can be an actor though but my talent lays mainly in writing.

And I certainly hope that we'll get to see your talent in action Pen.

Quote from: OHWceta on January 28, 2011, 05:07:35 PM
Since RPs don't have the same restrictions regarding published properties there can be a wide range of worlds outside of Disney's scope.

I had some ideas (I'll have to delve back into my old files to find them though)
I remember having add ons to the Alladin World
Valentine Town by extension of Halloween and Christmas Towns
More Extension to Olympus Collesium
Zero Wing
Soul Calibur
Fullmetal Alchemist (more based on the Square Enix games than the anime of Manga, especially #2 which had heartless like creatures)
The whole "heart' related Davy Jones stuff of POTC
among others, I'll submit my full list later to see what you think.

Certainly some good ideas in there Ceta. Personally loving the Soul Calibur and FMA suggestions.  ;D

Quote from: Yorubi on January 28, 2011, 05:55:03 PM
I might be into this RP. I do enjoy kingdom hearts the story is amazing to me. I'm not quite 100% sure about the heart system but I could always give stuff a try so it would be interesting something different specially allowing a more dark side that could make things even more interesting.

Glad to see that it has, in some way, piqued your interest. What is it about the heart system; is it confusing and hard to understand or is it that you don't think it works?

But yes I agree with you that Kingdom Hearts has the potential for some gripping dark action and deep storylines and I hope to accomplish just that!

Zadaris

Name: Donna
Appearance:

Personality: Donna is an aggressively strong woman and obstinately courageous, though very abusive towards certain people. Her aggression belies what is truly an altruistic and compassionate person. Since being young Donna has had a fear of two things; heights and wolves.

Home World: (Original) Vaazaria: The world of the 'Walled City', a vast city who's populace is protected by a massive curtain of steel, preventing creatures from the hinterland entering the city. The outskirts of the world is home to a powerful Ice Queen and her subjects.

Theme: - - -
Class: Keyblader

Weapon: Maroon Bomber
Bombard - Slashing the keyblade can release a maroon grenade forth from the tip, up to three; the explosion is akin to the colour of the grenade, and can cause burning.

Heart System: 90/10

Background Story: When she was only five years old Donna was involved in the tragedy of the Landorin village when a group of merciless demon wolves attacked and ravaged the community. Desperate to escape Donna was saved by people from the City, who drove away the beasts with their special powers.

This led to a governement meeting and the end result was the immediate order for an enclosure to be built around the city and isolate both the dangerous creatures and the Ice Queen.

Donna spent her years with an enforcement group, The United; the very people who saved her from Landorin. Alongside Reene, Molly, Simon, Clydan and the many other members of the group Donna fiercely trained herself, mastering hand to hand combat. At the turn of her seventeenth birthday she found herself diving into her heart.

After confronting the most unpleasant memories Donna was blessed with the Maroon Bomber keyblade, becoming the first and only keyblader among the group. But Donna could not rest; she could feel an ominous pulse, one that wasn't on her world. Bidding her team farewell she takes the Gummi Ship, Green Dynamo, and sets off to what she believes her key is calling her to.

Destination: The Radiant Gardens.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Navex
Appearance:

Personality: An intelligent man Navex prefers to use his brain power against brawn if it'll mean more efficient work. With a keen eye for detail he never lets things slip by his radar. Rather aloof, his allies complain that he's too serious, but his creed of pragmatism over idealism sees him make fun of them in return.

Home World: Unknown

Theme: Irie
Class: Nobody

Weapon: Turning Tides
Deluge Dimension - Navex's spear can open portals which allow water to slip through and be controlled by the spears movement. A furl of paper tied to the spear indicates the water sources of various worlds and its conditions (polluted, pristine, healing) and uses it to his advantage.

Heart System: Null

Background Story: Navex remembers little about how he exactly became a Nobody. The only thing he swears he remembers was that something important had dawned on him and that he needed to tell it to someone of equal importance. Then he fell in some water and from there it's nothing but a blur.

For the past five years he's been affiliated with a group calling themselves 'The Knights of the Abyss' and, due to his pragmatic nature and good judge of character he has earned himself the title of 'Scout'.

His superiors have told him about a strange occurence on a small number of worlds and as such, Navex has been sent to what they believe is going to be the next place involved.

pendarious

since Way of the Dusk cannot use gummy ships......how do they traverse dimensions?
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Yorubi

Quote from: Zadaris on January 28, 2011, 06:37:48 PM
Glad to see that it has, in some way, piqued your interest. What is it about the heart system; is it confusing and hard to understand or is it that you don't think it works?

But yes I agree with you that Kingdom Hearts has the potential for some gripping dark action and deep storylines and I hope to accomplish just that!
Well to me I just find it over complicated. I mean it sounds simple enough but how exactly can you judge just how an action is good or evil? I mean it can be complicated to really judge since what if your helping someone evil out of the sake of being kind to others?

Class wise it seems to contradict the whole karma system unless that has an effect where you match up. Still its a little confusing to me personally... I can understand being aligned to light or dark but the in between areas I am kind of puzzled of exactly.

Zadaris

Quote from: pendarious on January 28, 2011, 06:58:47 PM
since Way of the Dusk cannot use gummy ships......how do they traverse dimensions?

Twilights, Dusks & Dark Keybladers have the ability to use the Corridor of Darkness, as do Nobodies, to travel. You ask why bother with that? Some worlds are uncharted and as such only Gummi Ship pilots can discover them. Conversely, some worlds are 'Shrouded in Darkness' and cannot be approached by Gummi Ship. But void walkers can open Corridors in these darkness infested worlds.

Quote from: Yorubi on January 28, 2011, 07:06:23 PM
Well to me I just find it over complicated. I mean it sounds simple enough but how exactly can you judge just how an action is good or evil? I mean it can be complicated to really judge since what if your helping someone evil out of the sake of being kind to others?

Class wise it seems to contradict the whole karma system unless that has an effect where you match up. Still its a little confusing to me personally... I can understand being aligned to light or dark but the in between areas I am kind of puzzled of exactly.

Well, taking the hypothetical situation you have said, you would be awarded points towards your Light side if siding with this villain would save others, even if other bad things happen as a result. It shows a characters good side. But if you chose to help that villain for similar goals to his own or willingly cause harm to people, that would be bad and award Dark points. But trust me I don't think it's as complicated as it may seem.

Classes are simply another way of showing character development:

Keybladers: Have always been good and seek to do what's right.
Dawn: People who were evil but now seek to go back to the right path. What if they met someone they hurt in the past?
Twilight: Simply neutral class. No particular allegiance.
Dusk: Good people who stray from the path into darkness. How would it affect people they know? Would old friends become new enemies etc.
Dark: Keybladers who are evil from the beginning and have always followed darkness.

The inbetweens actually have the most possibilites for character development when you think about it. Dunno if that's cleared up anything for you Yorubi but I certainly hope so.

pendarious

that certainly says alot actually.

this whole thing is certainly shaping into an interesting idea.

Yorubi

Quote from: Zadaris on January 28, 2011, 07:45:27 PM
Well, taking the hypothetical situation you have said, you would be awarded points towards your Light side if siding with this villain would save others, even if other bad things happen as a result. But if you chose to help that villain for similar goals to his own or willingly cause harm to people, that would be bad and award Dark points. But trust me I don't think it's as complicated as it may seem.

Classes are simply another way of showing character development:

Keybladers: Have always been good and seek to do what's right.
Dawn: People who were evil but now seek to go back to the right path. What if they met someone they hurt in the past?
Twilight: Simply neutral class. No particular allegiance.
Dusk: Good people who stray from the path into darkness. How would it affect people they know? Would old friends become new enemies etc.
Dark: Keybladers who are evil from the beginning and have always followed darkness.

The inbetweens actually have the most possibilites for character development when you think about it. Dunno if that's cleared up anything for you Yorubi but I certainly hope so.
Alignment being influenced I can see a bit of your side but there can be some real difficult aligning tasks.  Like what if you have to kill innocent people for the sake of saving others? Like just some complex exception that can cause trouble, but I do see the way you mean and its not so bad just a few parts might make it difficult to judge. Again I'm the type of person that looks at "Chaotic good" where they can have good intentions but their methods could be extreme. Its probably just eschewing in my own mind that makes things difficult in terms of that system completely. I'm just complicated like that.

I just still find it overly complicated. Wouldn't the alignment system do just that? Like if you are towards light you can use light, if our at darkness you an use darkness and just do that type of deal? I mean those classes seem more like personal shifts in character personality and belief then actually being a class for someone to be since essentially they are the same thing. It sounds more like a point of alignment with the side they might be on then an actual class. I mean the alignment could make up for what they can and can not do (being  blocked from it by others) and alignment you have could always be applied to what spells they can use.

Zadaris

Quote from: Yorubi on January 28, 2011, 07:57:43 PM
Alignment being influenced I can see a bit of your side but there can be some real difficult aligning tasks.  Like what if you have to kill innocent people for the sake of saving others? Like just some complex exception that can cause trouble, but I do see the way you mean and its not so bad just a few parts might make it difficult to judge. Again I'm the type of person that looks at "Chaotic good" where they can have good intentions but their methods could be extreme. Its probably just eschewing in my own mind that makes things difficult in terms of that system completely. I'm just complicated like that.

I just still find it overly complicated. Wouldn't the alignment system do just that? Like if you are towards light you can use light, if our at darkness you an use darkness and just do that type of deal? I mean those classes seem more like personal shifts in character personality and belief then actually being a class for someone to be since essentially they are the same thing. It sounds more like a point of alignment with the side they might be on then an actual class. I mean the alignment could make up for what they can and can not do (being  blocked from it by others) and alignment you have could always be applied to what spells they can use.

No, I see what you're saying an I understand. Sometimes there are extenuating circumstances for some actions and that they would be harder to judge based on the system. But if the complication bothers you, you don't need to use the system. It is an optional part of the character creation. It's mainly there to add a little depth to how the characters do things. If it bothered you, it would be as simple as just picking an alignment like Light, Twilight or Dark and having the preset Heart system permanently set to that classes default. Or pick a Nobody. xD

Allignment does affect the spells you can use. I haven't introduced the Elemental Flowchart just yet but I'll give you an idea. Each character, upon creation, can pick 3 spell classes to use and can only use spells of those classes. Ex. Imagine I chose, Fire, Wind, Water I'd have access to the following:

QuoteFire - Fira - Firaga - Fire Manipulation
Aero - Aerora - Aeroga - Air Manipulation
Water - Watera - Waterga - Water Manipulation

But there are some spell classes, like Toxic, only available to Dark aligned characters:

QuoteBio - Biora - Bioga - Poison Manipulation
Drain
Osmose

And Aid, which is only available to Light aligned people:

QuoteCure - Cura - Curaga
Regen
Esuna

Zadaris

Quote from: pendarious on January 28, 2011, 07:51:58 PM
that certainly says alot actually.

this whole thing is certainly shaping into an interesting idea.

There needs to be some things only accessible by certain classes to make them unique in comparison to others.

EDIT: Just after getting into my old photobucket (the one before my current one) and based on some pics I found I've thought to include a worlds based on the visual novel Fate Stay/Night. I already have a few pics of Rin and what could be a considerably good Drive form for her. *insert evil laugh here*

pendarious

if you want to lead us into the nasu verse have fun trying to manipulate the magic system to attune that's all i have to say.....after all the nasu-verse's magic system twists in several different ways at once......not only that but you also have to take into account the flow of spirits, life energy, the possiblity of being able to see all vital points that exist on something and then completely wipe it from existance........then of course the monster types and affiliations would affect the heartless and nobodies creating a hybrid that would be rather difficult to kill.....or re-kill as some cases may be..........on the other hand outsiders could just easily ignore the rules of the verse and totally muck around with it......*sighs* it's a strain to think about these features at times.

Yorubi

Quote from: Zadaris on January 28, 2011, 08:14:36 PM
No, I see what you're saying an I understand. Sometimes there are extenuating circumstances for some actions and that they would be harder to judge based on the system. But if the complication bothers you, you don't need to use the system. It is an optional part of the character creation. It's mainly there to add a little depth to how the characters do things. If it bothered you, it would be as simple as just picking an alignment like Light, Twilight or Dark and having the preset Heart system permanently set to that classes default. Or pick a Nobody. xD
Haha alright. I think I will join either way myself not sure as what though, probably a one of Light though I might not even hold one at all. Not quite sure ^^; I like the karma system deal really its just one of those systems that at times can be complicated is all. ^^

Zadaris

Quote from: pendarious on January 28, 2011, 08:58:59 PM
if you want to lead us into the nasu verse have fun trying to manipulate the magic system to attune that's all i have to say.....after all the nasu-verse's magic system twists in several different ways at once......not only that but you also have to take into account the flow of spirits, life energy, the possiblity of being able to see all vital points that exist on something and then completely wipe it from existance........then of course the monster types and affiliations would affect the heartless and nobodies creating a hybrid that would be rather difficult to kill.....or re-kill as some cases may be..........on the other hand outsiders could just easily ignore the rules of the verse and totally muck around with it......*sighs* it's a strain to think about these features at times.

Fun being the operative word xD

I know I have a tough time ahead (FSN was bad enough; then I properly read Tsukihime xD) but certainly a world that embodies some aspects of the Nasuverse would be appealing. Dark Saber gives us a good idea of what a Heartless affected servant might be like. Though I agree keeping that bastard Shiki on a leash and preventing him wiping everything out would be a problem... among something like 900 other problems. It'll be tough but I'll find some way to integrate it. Some way....

Quote from: Yorubi on January 28, 2011, 09:03:24 PM
Haha alright. I think I will join either way myself not sure as what though, probably a one of Light though I might not even hold one at all. Not quite sure ^^; I like the karma system deal really its just one of those systems that at times can be complicated is all. ^^

That sounds fantastic Yorubi!

Another lamb to the.... I mean, er, another valuable roleplaying companion. And don't worry about the system stuff; a good GM can compromise to ensure every possible party enjoys the game to its fullest.

Yorubi

Nope! I can't be slaughtered cause I'll make my character much to cute to ever kill off! XD Still probably would lean on being a more supportive character, not being much a fighter maybe younger (which in this case its 17 haha ^^) just acting in terms of conversation or supporting her allies, or just keeping a more neutral position and out of the fray only having to really worry about heartless or those who might seek harm to herself or others around her. Heck maybe my character could have something of significance to throw her into the fray ^^;;

Speaking of which I look at my avatar more and more and for some reason she looks like she belongs in a kingdom hearts type roleplay. Probably just the whole sense of looking to have a good heart that the series focuses on.

Zadaris

Quote from: Yorubi on January 28, 2011, 09:22:04 PM
Nope! I can't be slaughtered cause I'll make my character much to cute to ever kill off! XD Still probably would lean on being a more supportive character, not being much a fighter maybe younger (which in this case its 17 haha ^^) just acting in terms of conversation or supporting her allies, or just keeping a more neutral position and out of the fray only having to really worry about heartless or those who might seek harm to herself or others around her. Heck maybe my character could have something of significance to throw her into the fray ^^;;

Too cute to kill off?! Psh! No such character exists in our incredibly dark and twisted rp. No one shall be spared, no matter how cute or huggable or other such qualities.  I look forward to breaking this character of yours, bwahahahaha >:)

Quote from: Yorubi on January 28, 2011, 09:22:04 PMSpeaking of which I look at my avatar more and more and for some reason she looks like she belongs in a kingdom hearts type roleplay. Probably just the whole sense of looking to have a good heart that the series focuses on.

I agree completely; she has the appearance and overall feel of someone who would fight for the honor of the heart and love and friendship and other such fluffy things. Very noble of her.