Do it like the Drow! (Needing some switch female personas)

Started by Scotty Rage, September 03, 2011, 03:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esclavage

Just to reiterate, I was simply putting forth a tenuous interest and wanted to see how things developed from there.  I initially had chosen the Matron Mother because I thought no one else would want the role.  Though in retrospect, that was a bit naive.   :P  I mean, who technically wouldn't want to be the focal of the story on the female side and probably the biggest mover and shaker in the story?

So like I mentioned I would be more than happy playing the role of a second daughter in lieu of the Matron Mother.  Someone envious because they weren't born first, a schemer and supplanter.  Therefore, if either Xanatos or EbonyQueen were interested or had definite feeling, I'd be more than happy to let them have the spot.

Though to respond to your thought, Xanatos, though I am not Scotty, I would think the easiest way to execute such a story would have the backdrop take place in troubled times.  Such as the time of the Upheaval when Lloth's magic no longer worked and the House Baenre became vulnerable to the predatory third house, which had psionics which were still working.  Essentially, there would need a needed story element introduced at an appropriate time to shake up status quo and allow the males some breathing room and execute their plan.  Otherwise, I do agree that messing with an established hierarchical structure would be undoubtedly firmly quashed by Lloth and her active interference and from her handmaidens, the Yochlol.

From there, the problem of gaining their submission still remains.  Which is why I was more of an advocate of heavier BDSM themes since there will need to be some inventive torments to cause the daughters and Matron Mothers to change their way of thinking.   O:)

I saw pale kings and princes too // Pale warriors, death-pale were they all;
They cried—“La Belle Dame sans Merci hath thee in thrall!”  -- John Keats, 1884 

Writing Drabbles - Sampler Platter
Plot Ideas -  Darkstalkers, League of Legends, Drow, X-Men, Avengers, Pokemon!!!
Posting Order -  Check Here If You Write With Me!

Xanatos

A good point esclavage. Without magic, the female's can't use divine magic to squash the males. Makes them much more vulnerable. I also agree on BDSM elements. It will not be safe, with or without magic, to conduct seduction when they are free to move and beat, slash, stab, etc. The male(s) will need to get physical and take control. Even then, I think a cunning plan will be needed or just luck. Still, good point, good point.

I don't mean to imply I'm trying to be center of attention by wanting the matron role. Its more of the fact because I've never played the role of Matron before. I've always been a Priestess. I think the Matron role would be fun, and I can do it justice (not that anyone else can't). So I don't see me as selling anyone short if I get the role.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Scotty Rage on September 07, 2011, 01:47:57 PM
The reality of it is, often, the Matron's consort is a plaything and nothing more.  To call him a 'noble' is an honorary title at best, and he has no real authority.  Unless she happens to take one of the established males, such as the Weapons Master or the Master Wizard, then he has no rank over her sons and they would likely look down on him, and since we're kind of establishing the Secondboy as the Wizard and the Elderboy as the Weapons Master, then those roles will be forfeit.  He may be a strong wizard, or a decent fighter, but to them he's nothing more than their mother's new toy, and if anything a pawn to be used in their little game.

Now if you want to play that sort of role, I'm good with it.  I'm just warning you, it won't be a glorious role and will often times be somewhat demeaning, which is why I initially didn't include it in the listing of house males.

I am fine with the fact that as consort my male wizard has no rank over the sons nor daughter's (nor any influence control in the house at all). Also the fact that he may suffer some fem dom acts from matron mother. But he is a archmage so it means he has heck lot of influence outside the house and he is man not messed with nor thinked as easy pawn to play in the house politics.

However I could lead the consort similar thinking situation as the male archmage from Baenre; he desires the change in social structure but he dares not to make moves. But during time of tumult when clerics magics are limited (note; during spider queen they had spells but they could not refresh their spells so saving memorized spells came name of the game). In this case as consort he had placed many wards and protection spells during the time of tumult which would hinder the goals of elder and second elder boy (if one of them is wizard but lesser in skill than consort).

I thinked my consort would get you caught during when you were showing dominance one to the sisters, doing something which was blasphemous and something what gets them killed. However they may have trouble to break in the female drow they had chosen to break in so he lends them aid with magic. As like them he desired power but he never had done the first move. So he becomes cooperator in their plans by giving indirectly aid in their endeavors and also take some enjoyment from their harvest in return. He has no interest take over the house itself but he takes delight in carnal act in itself and see can female drows be broken by magic and sexual torment to accept submissive role in their lives....waiting can matron mother, strongest female in house, turned or not. In case if will is too strong she could be killed and replaced by one brainwashed daughter's then.

Scotty Rage

First, everyone seems to think Menzoberranzan is the only Drow city in existence, and that was what I wanted to choose for my backdrop.  It's not, and I actually wanted to create a city for it rather than intrude on already established material.  Second, Lolth is a chaotic being, and often revels in pure anarchy.  There are times she will abandon the priestesses of a given city for no other reason than to watch them squirm, because she's a fickle bitch like that.  The War of the Spider Queen and several other books and series often make a very strong point on that.

The idea behind my story was to have a city that had actually lost favor, for whatever reason, which would give the males the courage to even consider messing with the hierarchy to begin with.  And yes, seduction wasn't to be the only method of 'convincing' the women, and it would indeed include some heavy BDSM elements, particularly the bondage element as well as physical AND sexual torture.  These women would be bound and used as playthings until they knew nothing else and loved it.  It would be a total brainwashing process, a complete mind fuck, if you will.  Actually, that kind of makes me want to include a mind flayer or something to make it a literal mind fuck.  >.>

The idea is to torture and rape the women until they're nearly mindless, drooling invalids, and then build them back up and mold them into the servants for the men.  Of course, my vision was also supposed to borrow from the lore, not follow it to the letter.  Logistics and bickering over rules is one of the quickest ways to kill a group game, honestly, so I try not to use established rules and settings too much.  It's supposed to be fun for people, not arguing that "This is how it is and we can't deviate from that".

So, if you guys are still with me, then here's what I'm thinking.  Ebony, since the Matron is pretty much solely what you had your eye on, and since Xanatos and esclavage stated they would be willing to play daughters, I would give you first crack at Matron, Xanatos the first daughter, and esclavge the scheming second daughter.  Foxy expressed interest in a daughter as well, so she could perhaps be the brash third daughter given how she described the character she'd like to play.

So let me know what you all think.  Honestly all the logistical arguments are starting to turn what was originally imagined as a fun romp loosely based on a genre I enjoy into a chore for me, and I'm starting to lose interest in my own idea because of it.  If we can squash the rule-nazi DM in ourselves for a bit and just come up with something that would be enjoyable for all, then I'm happy to continue.  Otherwise, I'm happy to back out and let folks take this over and turn it into another hack and slash dice game.

EbonyQueen

Quote from: Scotty Rage on September 08, 2011, 11:45:43 AM
So, if you guys are still with me, then here's what I'm thinking.  Ebony, since the Matron is pretty much solely what you had your eye on, and since Xanatos and esclavage stated they would be willing to play daughters, I would give you first crack at Matron, Xanatos the first daughter, and esclavge the scheming second daughter.  Foxy expressed interest in a daughter as well, so she could perhaps be the brash third daughter given how she described the character she'd like to play.

Thank you for that, but after some thinking I am going to withdraw my interest. For me I enjoy more 'open ended' group games. You seem to have a -very- good- idea of where you want this game to go, pretty much 'on rails'. The men -will- take over, and the women will be dominated, for example it's already set what is going to happen.

Upon reflection as I said, I prefer something that is more fluid that can change and have different outcomes and endings. So again thank you very much for the offer of the Matron's position but I am going to relinquish that to Xanatos or esclavage as I don't think I'll have much fun with such a tightly directed group game.

Have fun everyone, even if it's not my cup of tea seeing a Drow-based group game is great.

elfguy

Well as I posted earlier I'm interested in a more melee oriented sister, one who could actually fight back with her fists until she is restrained by the males. Let me know what you think:

Name: Shariia

Player: elfguy

Sex: F

Position: Sister

Description:

Personality: She is playful, loves to intimidate others, play with their emotions, and betray them.

Bio: Shariia is one of the sisters of the House. Unlike the others however, she is the one with the least amount of sorcery abilities. Instead, she trained to be a warrior, gaining a fit physique and becoming skilled at combat. Sitting in a room doing priestess duties bore her, she prefers action, and often goes out to lead groups of male Drow into combat against other races, commanding them as a ruthless leader and forcing them to bring as many slaves as they can.

Because of this, she is less aware of what goes on politically in the House, and is less likely than her sisters to become Matron one day. But that's of little concerns to her. What she enjoys is going in the slave pens, taking on a dozen slaves at once, then killing them all with her bare hands, proving her superiority through brutal combat. That turns her on, and that's how she became feared by both male Drows and slaves alike. She views both groups as inferior, not necessarily in disdain, but more like pets that must be led with a firm hand, because they can't do anything right by themselves.
----

Snake

I have a character that's got that in mind Scotty.

Name: Jaylnfein Rilyn'tar (can change the surname to fit)
Player: Snake
Sex: Male
Position: Secondboy
Description: Half-deep-dragon. AS the pic but he has deep maroon colored hair, reddish-purple eyes with slitted pupils.

Personality: Jalynfein has a standard male drow mentality, except he's quite a bit more aggressive and scheming.  He knows he has power that stands apart from the others and has no qualms whatsoever about utilizing any of it to prove the point. He knows loyalty to nobody but has a lot of skill as giving the impression he's subservient to the females around him. But he's still more like his draconic father and wants what they have: authority and control over others as well as access to immense wealth.
Bio: Half-deep-dragons are actually highly valuable to drow families and the matrons and priestesses actually do protect them from other houses because of their extreme destructive capability. But He still had to deal with being wean-mothered by one of his older sisters and the period of indoctrination that was included int hat, but he actually only pays lip-service to Lolth herself and worships a draconic deity that the others aren't aware of because the practices required for it are much more subtle. He was pressured into attempting to develop his innate magical power and has quite a talent for it as well but prefers more martial methods due to his physical ability.

(I can include more once more info comeso ut, but how's this. The other char I have is a sorcerer type that actively wants to overturn the matriarchy.)

Scotty Rage

Both characters look good, though, Elf...Drow have white hair, but other than that, looks good.  :P  And Snake, I'd prefer something not overpowering like a half-dragon if you don't mind.  I just want straight Drow, honestly, or at least that's what I had envisioned.  A half-dragon is just a bit unbalancing to the story.  The males are supposed to be generally 'weaker' than the females, which is why they have to work together and attack one at a time rather than all at once.

Quote from: EbonyQueen on September 08, 2011, 11:54:51 AM
Thank you for that, but after some thinking I am going to withdraw my interest. For me I enjoy more 'open ended' group games. You seem to have a -very- good- idea of where you want this game to go, pretty much 'on rails'. The men -will- take over, and the women will be dominated, for example it's already set what is going to happen.

Upon reflection as I said, I prefer something that is more fluid that can change and have different outcomes and endings. So again thank you very much for the offer of the Matron's position but I am going to relinquish that to Xanatos or esclavage as I don't think I'll have much fun with such a tightly directed group game.

Have fun everyone, even if it's not my cup of tea seeing a Drow-based group game is great.

On the contrary, Ebony, I simply stated what the goal of the males is, but in all honesty I'd prefer a much more fluid story where the tables can be turned by either side at any given moment.  That's the beauty of it all, is the chaos.  The males might think they've won only to find out they didn't have as much control as they thought.  I would never want a story set on a static path, since there's no room for it to grow from there.  Perhaps through all of this the priestesses even find Lolth's favor again and completely turn the best laid plans of the males against them.  Perhaps in the end a compromise can even be reached, or perhaps they all destroy each other in the end.  Nothing is set in stone, and nothing is on a linear path.  I prefer dynamic stories with twists throughout, so if you'd be interested, love to have you.  If not, no worries and I totally understand.

elfguy

White hair is fine.

And I personally would rather the males win, although it could also be a compromise. What if one of the sisters ally themselves with the males, seeing that they will likely be victorious, and helps them take over, in the hope that they treat her as an equal? After all, Shariia has no illusion to ever be a Matron so she doesn't have that much to lose.
----

Snake

no problem. I was just goign with that because that way he has some kind of value to the females and they won't expect when he turns it on them. half dragon types are viewed almost teh same as Draegolths and have value that approaches that but I'll use Aricass instead :3

so disregard the first profile please.

and: actually drow have silver hair, white hair, even pale golden blonde hair. But white is just the dominant color. Unless they have something else like uh dyes.

-----------------------------------
Name: Aricass Illistyn (again, can change surname)
Player: Snake
Sex: Male
Position: Secondboy
Description:
Personality: Quiet, Ambitious and ultimately self-serving. Aricass distinctly hates the matriarchy he feels he's forced to slave under for what? Nothing? He fully grasps that males don't amount to a hill of beans while all the women are in charge. So he keeps it to himself that he's quietly planning to overturn them all and enslave them (by use of magic. He uses a ring to constantly have a "mind blank" spell in place on himself so they can't read his thoughts or tell what he's thinking.)
Bio: will fill out later. But he's a sorcerer, born with arcane power and has tempered it through the years and drawn out his own powers and abilities. He hates wizards with a flaming passion; he believe they "crib their skills from "magic for dummies" and Aricass knows he was born with so that makes him more powerful, better than the rest.