Previous topic - Next topic

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Esoteric Myobi

Zadaris, it just means you're that much more important to both sides of the game. So...being pursued more fervently is a definite I'd think. =) Also it'd mean that if we're unable to get any more players to fill in Marked positions we'd be able to start regardless. ^^; Well...once we get a Sword Keyholder that is, since Iksander is gone. =/

Updated list from what I have so far:

[.Current.Players.]

The Four -
Cup: Esoteric Myobi - Acrasia
Pentacle: PeacethatPowerbrings - Maer
Wand: [Interested in - Antone]
Sword: Lady Kitsune - Iseult of the Moon

The Messengers -
Cup: Lady Kitsune - Sorcha McCuinn
Pentacle: Esoteric Myobi - Anwen
Wand: Reserved - Cassiopeia
Sword:

The Marked - (2 for each symbol - 'k' = Key Holders)
Cup: TheHangedMan - Edgar Crowley (k)  , Imogen - Amy Wilkes
Pentacle: Cere - Dr Joel Brandon (k)
Wand: Zadaris - Ridley Lestrade (k)
Sword: Iksander - Reginald "Reggy" Townsend , [Interested in - TheWhiteEmperor]

The fifth - Shihong: Abhoth

The minion -
Wand: Iksander: Shards/Samuel
Sword: Shihong: Miss Helena White and Mr Randis Black

Other interested players:

Snow Cherry

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

AbsyntheAngel

Hello! I can see that this story is filling up rather quickly, but just wanted to inquire if I might make a pass for either a Sword messenger or a Pentacle marked (non-key). 
They say the beast inside of me is gonna get you, get you, get..
+
Absynthe's O/o Compilation

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

AbsyntheAngel

+

cere

Hi all...Just in case this kicks off soon...I'll be missing for a week on a top secret mission...here's my updated A's+A's   8-)

** Light is life.  Dark is divine!  **
  ~Ons and Offs of import~        ~Away times~

"The secret to living a good life is honesty and fair play.  If you can fake these, you've got it made!"  Groucho Marx

Cassiopeia

Ahem ... <.< ... so ... cere ... I see that you're recruiting?  O:)  I could use some extra coin >.>

cere

Cough! Well, Cass...err...recruiting? Yes, you could say that...recruiting...indeed...but you could say that I'm 'providing accommodation and transportation for the distribution of sweetness to needy, love starved souls'...yes...that sounds about right! My dusty ol' wagon is ready to roll.

Need a ride? Want to come? Want a lift? Leaving toot sweet on Friday 10am!! Remember now...the miners have a hearty appetite!
:P

"The secret to living a good life is honesty and fair play.  If you can fake these, you've got it made!"  Groucho Marx

Esoteric Myobi

AbsyntheAngel, you're more than welcome to try for either of those spots. Or both even if you'd like to dual role. =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Cassiopeia

Quote from: cere on August 16, 2010, 10:58:05 PM
Cough! Well, Cass...err...recruiting? Yes, you could say that...recruiting...indeed...but you could say that I'm 'providing accommodation and transportation for the distribution of sweetness to needy, love starved souls'...yes...that sounds about right! My dusty ol' wagon is ready to roll.

Need a ride? Want to come? Want a lift? Leaving toot sweet on Friday 10am!! Remember now...the miners have a hearty appetite!
:P

Well ... I am a giver by nature ...  *goes to look for a large duffel bag*

AbsyntheAngel

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on August 16, 2010, 11:47:52 PM
AbsyntheAngel, you're more than welcome to try for either of those spots. Or both even if you'd like to dual role. =)

I don't mind having dual roles at all, so Sword messenger and Pentacle marked it is. :D I'll begin on my posts soon; just clarifying though, has the roleplay started yet, or are we looking to fill the remaining spots first?
+

cere

Another star! Welcome to the Pentacle clan Angel.

Yes...we must be ready...almost, Em??

Esoteric Myobi

I'd like to start after everyone who's listed as 'Interested' has posted up their character profiles, so no, the game has not yet begun. I'm thinking that I will try to start it sometime in the beginning of September when I'm finally back in New York since my schedule's been quite random and I've also been having internet issues here (thus the slow responses).

So, we're basically waiting for completed profiles from: Antone, Cassiopeia, AbsyntheAngel, TheWhiteEmperor, and Snow Cherry. Though of course, if we happen to pick up any other interested players along the way and manage to fill up all the spots - that would be ideal. =)

[.Current.Players.]

The Four -
Wand: [Interested in - Antone]

The Messengers -
Sword: [Interested in - AbsyntheAngel]

Pentacle: Cere - Dr Joel Brandon (k), [Interested in - AbsyntheAngel]

The minion -

Snow Cherry

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

cere

Ah yes...of course...the slow coaches and...*clears throat*... OCD affected are yet to step up! Oops! Now who can that be??

No, really, September is good for me. It's the start of spring here in the Antipodes!

*Rummages around for some seriously worn board shorts and finds some with only one leg! Yesss! New season's fashion statement!*
8-)

Antone

Name: Xavier
Race/Symbol: Fae - Wand
Weapon/Ability:

Imagination: Similiar to the Fifth and some of his minions, Xavier draws a certain amount of his power from humanity. But whereas they tend to pull from emotions, he pulls from the mind. The power of human imagination is almost unrivaled by anything else, the human mind able to think up things of amazement. And Xavier has the ability to absorb the smallest idea and use it to better himself (such as from video games, anime, books, and anything else).

The power of Imagination allows Xavier to transform his body in any infinite manner he would desire. He can change his shape completely to another form (ie an animal, or appear as another person), or partially (right arm could become a mega buster like megaman, wings growing from his back, growing teeth, etc).

It's unknown whether there's a limit to his transformations, though what is known is that (so far) he seems only to cause transformations within his own flesh, making this a personal ability only.

Belt of Will: Xavier is a person who always likes to be in control. And with such, he desires complete control of himself more than anything. With that in mind, he created a belt of power that essentially shields his mind from the influences of other fae. This makes it infinitely harder for magic to effect his mind, though it may still effect his body to some degree. But with his mind free, he is usually able to quickly find a way to counteract any physical magic.

Book of Answers: Xavier is often seen carrying around a thick tome with him. Very few are privy to the knowledge that it is more than a dusty tome. The Book is actually an artifact that Xavier has uncovered, something as old as the Four (and the Fifth). Taking hundreds of years, Xavier finally was able to claim mastery over the book. Voicing a question, he is able to open the book and find the answer in the pages within. However, depending on the information desired, a sacrifice of some kind must be made. And while it has since been lost in the sands of time, Xavier had sacrificed countless fae in research of the tome. However, as of yet, none know of this... yet.

Appearance:

Human Form - Xavier takes the guise of a darkly handsome young man, hair and eyes as black as the darkest midnight. His skin is just shy of being too pale, often with a pair of glasses adorning his features. Despite it all, while in this form he almost has what the human's called 'animal magnetism'. Women often notice this more than males.

Fae Form - Xavier's true form has been lost to all, perhaps even himself. The form he takes most often is that of an almost evil looking magician (as the picture), hiding the flesh behind mask and cloak.

Personality: Xavier would probably be the one closest to being like the Fifth. Being somewhat of a control freak, he is aware that power is what you make of it. The strong control and the weak should obey. Because of such thinking, he has worked to ensure he is one of the most powerful of the fae. However, the only thing that really keeps him from crossing the threshold that the Fifth did is knowing what might happen to him if he did. Because of this, he walks a fine line.

Intelligent, calculating, at times almost cold, Xavier is a mind almost unequaled. And because of this, he tends to use his mind more than his emotions. Every once in a while, he is known to be almost friendly, humorous (though somewhat in a smart-assed way).

One oddity about the man is, despite his coldness, he has a deep streak for perversion, rather enjoying the flesh of a female. Often in naughty predictaments, or perverse encounters is he known to be a little more open than other times.

Biography: Its unknown exactly where Xavier appeared from, where he was born, or anything else. What -is- known however is that one day he appeared, holding the book of answers, and already wielded a power of greater magnitude than most could know. And it was shortly thereafter that he attained the position as one of the Four... a position he's held for as long as any could remember.
Ons and Offs
RPs Desired

Caution when handling: Reacts violently when exposed to stupidity...

Esoteric Myobi

Naryashadow, I'm assuming that you were applying for Wand Messenger? Unfortunately the spot is reserved at the moment, the only other positions that would be open for 'faeries' would be as a minion. The only other position that is still open would be Marked Wand, or Marked Sword. However, both of these positions are 'humans'. 

[.Current.Players.]

The Four -
Wand: Antone - Xavier

The Messengers -

The minion -

Snow Cherry

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Snow Cherry

I am sorry Myobi. I tried...!

I've got to withdraw my interest from this fantastic group rp. RL is killing me.  :'(  :'(

AbsyntheAngel

Sorry about the delay, everyone. I've had a lot of busyness going on IRL, and will have my profile(s) up shortly.  ;D
+

Lady Kitsune

Just letting you know I'm still here.  Been at least peeking.   *waves to My*
I am working on it, I swear!

TheHangedOne

Just so everyone has a heads up, their is a category four hurricane coming my way. It's projected to hit the area I live in this Friday. if it hits, their is a very good chance that, amongst other things, we'll be without power, indefinitely.  I may be jumping the gun--I have a bad habit of doing that-- but I figured I would give the heads up, just in case bad stuff happens.
Check out my poet tree!

cere

Good luck for Friday HM..."hang in there" so to speak!   ::)

Nice to see you are too Lady K. !!

Em will be in the air soon I would expect...that is if she is to arrive in NY from Taiwan on the 1st.

C

Esoteric Myobi

Snow Cherry: So sorry to see you go. =( But if things get better for you and you find that you have some time to spare on your hands then you're always welcome to join us. ^^

AbsyntheAngel: Glad to know you're still around. Shall be looking forward to seeing your completed profile(s). =)

Lady Kitsune: -waves and huggles back- Stop spying on me! O:)

TheHangedMan: Stay safe!

Cere: Today's my last day in Taiwan actually, I shall be on the plane tomorrow and trying to stretch out my legs for the next thirteen some hours. :'(

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

aya

Will put my interest in for a sword marked, hope to get a sheet up soon.

aya

Name: Claire Ferris
Race/Symbol: Marked Human - Sword (k)

Weapon: Celestia - Bladed Bow

More or less like this, but longer, more curved, and with a drawstring.

Starlight- Celestia's power enables its wielder to shoot arrows of pure magical energy. Unlike human bows, the drawstring is easily pulled, drawing a shaft of concentrated power. The power eliminates the need for conventional arrows, and possesses the ability to flight in a straight path, only slightly affected by gravity. The destructive power of the 'arrow' depends greatly on the user, and how much energy she chooses to use when drawing the bow. The downsides of the arrow include fatigue with repeated use, due to the fact that it draws on the wielder's energy.

Celestial Grace- The wielder of Celestia is granted a boost to their physical abilities, being slightly more powerful than a regular human would be. Boosted attributes include being more agile, dexterous, and having a better eyesight than usual.

Call of the Stars - Being a unique bow, Celestia chooses its own master, and once manifested, the two are bound together until one is destroyed. Nobody other than the contracted person can use Celestia, and she has the power to materialize and dematerialize the bow at will. However, the bow is rather picky- the user will not be able to call on it when she is overly tired, or if her emotions are too unstable.

Personality: Claire, being confined to the routines of an everyday life, with an everyday job, has a generally unhappy view of the world. She is rather lazy and not really interested in many things; a bored look can usually be seen on her otherwise pretty face. Despite all of her negative attitude, there is still a hope inside of her, something that pushes her to keep going. A small part of her seems to know that something good has to happen eventually- though it seems less likely with each and every day.

Biography: Having been orphaned as a baby, Claire was adopted by a very kind family. They treated her very well, and like their own- she never even had a clue that she was an orphan- much less real parents. Although they hid it very well, Claire could never shake the feeling that she was always a little.. different. Her parents were both extremely gentle, and always wore a smile; this behaviour certainly stuck to the young girl.

Both of her parents had already retired, having made enough money for their lifetime. Claire had a normal childhood; regular school, regular friends, regular dating.

As she grew older, the same life that most people had awaited her. She finished a degree in business, and got a regular day job. Claire was the epitome of an average person, giving her a rather tired outlook on life. Her life's adventure had proven to be rather plain and boring- certainly not as interesting as she hoped. Although she didn't know of its significance yet, there was quite an interesting mark on her lower back.

Esoteric Myobi

Great! Looks like we practically have a full cast almost! Though it seems Shihong will be pulling all the weight over on the villain side...but I'm sure he doesn't mind bringing a few people over to the dark side. =)

Just a few more people and spots left! This means I should get cracking on the game threads...

[.Current.Players.]

The Four -
Wand: Antone - Xavier

The Messengers -

Sword: Iksander - Reginald "Reggy" Townsend , [Interested in - TheWhiteEmperor], Aya - Claire Ferris (k)

The minion -

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~