Vigilante 8: Repeat Offender (Interest Check for an Auto-Combat Game)

Started by Urbanzorro, September 08, 2011, 08:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

The Future of Blowing $#!% Up Is Back!!

It is the year 1979...

OMAR, the Oil Monopoly Alliance Regime, is determined to the world oil trade. And the United States is the last country to stand in OMAR's way. OMAR, prepared to go to any length to bring the U.S. to its knees, has spiked oil prices and placed the planet in the grip by a worldwide oil crisis. The U.S. is now on the verge of an economic breakdown. Strikes, riots and crime are running rampant, and all available law enforcement has been brought to the cities leaving the outlands vulnerable. Intent on pushing the U.S. economy over the edge OMAR has secretly hired a group of professional terrorists, who call themselves the "Coyotes," to target the United States' oil refineries and other vital industry.

Meanwhile, the U.S. government, feeling more vulnerable than ever has intensified its research and development of a new military arsenal. The most advanced weaponry, rumored to be based on UFO technology, is located at Site-4. A secret facility at Papoose Lake. This information has not been lost on the Coyotes. Who plan to ambush the facility and take said weapons for themselves.

With nearly all law enforcement stuck in the cities, it is time for everyday civilians to take the law, and their country's protection, into their own hands. It's time for vigilantes.

Ok, so I came across some old folders on my pc with the Vigilante 8 theme songs in them and that music got me thinking of the old game and of how much I enjoyed it....anyways add in my crazy muse and this is the result! What I'm looking for is players who are interested in playing as a new group of Vigilantes dead set on taking on the Coyotes. If you've never played the game or even heard of it before that's perfectly fine. Everything you need to know you've already read (assuming you read the little IC intro).

That having been said I'm going to require that all character's be original and that no one use cannon characters. Other than that, so long as you can stay within the setting. (I.E. no present day cars ;D) I don't see a reason to limit people's creativity with their characters.  The game will contain scenes of vehicular combat (obviously) and will also have time for pure character interaction in between each battle scene(depending on how active the players are with character interaction this may last anywhere from 1-2 days to a week). Also the action will be free form.

If you're interested here's the character sheet! As well as a list of the open slots for the game.

[float=left][img]Paste Your Character's Image Link Here[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b]
[b]Driving:[/b] [url=Paste Your Character's Car's Image Here]Name Your Character's Car Here.[/url]
[b]Machine Gun:[/b] Choose one from list provided
[b]Secondary Weapons:[/b] Choose two from list provided
[b]Special Weapon:[/b] [url=Paste Your Weapon's Image Link Here]Name your weapon here[/url]Describe the weapon and what it does here.

Weapons
The following is a short description of the weapons available for players to place on their vehicles. The list is broken up by the category they would fit in on the character sheet.

Machine Guns

Mosquito Machine Guns Small machine guns mounted onto the driver's car. Though they are weak compared to other weapons they have a very high rate of fire and an excellent cooling system. This allows the machine gun to be continuously fired, without worry of it overheating and/or jamming 

Wasp Heavy Machine Guns Larger than the Mosquito, what the Wasp loses in a lower rate of fire it makes up for by packing a heavier punch. It's cooling system is not quite as effective as the Mosquito's and so its users must be wary of the occasional overheating and jamming issues.

Secondary Weapons

Bruiser Cannon A roof mounted turret weapon that has a built in radar lock system that allows it to target the nearest enemy vehicle. It boasts a moderate punch and above average accuracy making it useful for hitting quick targets as well as for damaging tough ones.

Bull's Eye Rockets Fired from a speed loader type platform. These weapons have no homing capabilities, which means an enemy has to be directly in front of you for you to hit them. The lack of a homing device on each rocket means that there is even more room for explosive material, making these weapons very destructive.... when they actually hit their target.

Interceptor Missiles  Small missiles that continuously follow the targeted opponent until they hit something, be it the target or an object that was unfortunate enough to be in the way. While less powerful than Bull's Eye Rockets, Interceptors are some of the most accurate weapons available and will rarely miss their target when used correctly. They are excellent for delivering quick waves of relatively light, but accurate, damage to your enemies.

Sky Hammer Mortar Rumored to be based on alien technology, the Sky Hammer is mounted on either side or the back of the vehicle. It fires a pink-tinted burst of energy that climbs into the sky and falls to earth. Homing in on the targeted opponent until it strikes either the target or an object in the way. The Sky Hammer is extremely slow firing but packs a heavy punch with extreme accuracy.

Special Weapons

Each character is allowed one special weapon that they may mount on their vehicle along with their machine gun/secondary weapons. Each special weapon should be unique. Exactly what sort of weapon each character has is entirely up to the player. So long as they fit into the following guidelines.

1. Must not be an instant kill weapon.

2. Must be able to fit onto the character's vehicle

3. Can only be used once per battle.

Roles Available

Vigilante Leader: Larry Malone(UrbanZorro)
Vigilante:
Vigilante:
Vigilante:
Vigilante:
Vigilante:
Vigilante:
Vigilante:
Coyotes: To Be Revealed (UrbanZorro)
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

Name: Larry Malone
Sexuality: Hetero
Personality: Larry is a no nonsense kind of guy. He loves his family, his friends and his country. He is known for never making excuses for what he does or accepting them from others.
Bio: Born in the mid-west Larry has always been best described by words like 'middle class' and 'average.' He served four years in the military right out of high school and then returned to his hometown. And used his local fame as a 'war hero' to help him open up a small diner and gas station that he's used to support himself ever since. When the oil crisis hit Larry's access to gasoline was heavily impacted and as a result his business suffered greatly...

As the days and weeks passed Larry was stuck at home watching his tv and seeing all the havoc that the country was falling into. Throughout it all he tried his best to keep calm and keep it off his mind. Telling himself that he'd already done his part for the country and now it was someone else's turn. But when the Coyotes started running amuck around the country he couldn't get it off his mind. It ate and ate at him until one day, while reading about the latest Coyote attack in the newspaper, he decided that he couldn't take it anymore. He boarded up his business, locked his house, got in his truck and set off for some justice!

Driving: 1977 F250
Machine Gun: Wasp Heavy Machine Guns
Secondary Weapons: Bruiser Cannon, Sky Hammer Mortar
Special Weapon: Quad Gun: An old World War II turret that Larry "borrowed" from a museum and riveted onto the bed of his truck. He's fixed the turret with the same tracking system used by the Bruiser Cannon, loaded it with flack rounds, and set it to fire on any objects approaching his truck from the rear. When activated the Quad Cannon automatically shoots down incoming missiles and rockets approaching the rear half of Larry's truck. The turret can only traverse 180 degrees so it cannot fire in front of Larry's truck. This means that anyone attacking him while the Quad Cannon is activated is forced to do it head on. Or accept that a good portion of the shots they fire at his back won't hit their target.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Revenent

I am IN. I was not fortunate enough to have heard of and played Vigilante 8 when it was first out, but I've heard great things and I was a big fan of the early Twisted Metal games, so I do love my car combat. ;D

Urbanzorro

Glad to have you interested, now if only we can find some more people....

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Revenent

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.