Recruiting, "The Forgotten Tower" A Pathfinder Game.

Started by Blinkin, June 11, 2016, 07:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Ugly

Quote from: Blinkin on June 15, 2016, 02:37:15 PM
I caught that, but you might be amazed on what I could classify as "When possible" when I play such characters. I played one character who was obsessed with bathing and would drop every stitch at the sight of a large puddle in the middle of a bussling city.... Well, not a puddle, but show her a good sized bucket and she was going to get clean! ;)

Of course, warm water was preferable, but water was water and she had no modesty what-so-ever when it came to bathing.

Well prestidigitation can 'clean' an object...which to Beau means it just makes you not dirty...a nice bath is why she carries a collapsed tub and we have a druid to create water and prestidigitation can warm things up...so a nice warm bath when possible...though I may have to alter what she does carry since there is only 80 pd in the main section. For some reason I thought there was 200.

Though I do have to ask how warm or cool do you see prestidigitation being able to do...me I normally say from about 38 -100...not cold enough to freeze but a nice cool beer and not hot enough to fry food but enough to make a hot bath or warm soup...

<MU
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits"
Albert Einstein

What makes the ugly feel pretty ...

Blinkin

I'll accept those limits. You're assuming that the druid will know the spell, I think that the focus was on fire.

Still, you can melt snow/ice with that spell there. ;)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Mister Ugly

I have started Beau's character sheet but will wait until I am approved to finish it. Though I may go ahead and get her gear/things bought. That always takes me the longest and by the time I am done I often have barely 10gp left!

<MU
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
Albert Einstein

National Acrobat

I should have Kess' sheet done tomorrow. Instead of an animal companion he has the Fire Domain.

Ghostwheel

Player’s Name: Ghostwheel
Character Name: Telthor
Race: Human
Sex: Male

Physical Description:

Tall and quite muscular, Telthor is dark of hair and dark of eye. A prominent brow and scar that crosses across one eye mark his face, throwing off any symmetry that might have been on his visage. He tends to be lightly armored, wearing forester's clothes of green and brown beneath any protection, and even goes so far as to paint his armor in dark colors so that it will not stand out in the light. He favors the three-section-staff at his back, but will not hesitate to draw the temple sword or kukri at his side if need be, or even resort to the cestus around one of his hands.

Zara, his animal companion, is a large, mottled snake that slithers silently at his side. Equipped with a saddle, she often carries Telthor at the times when he must traverse up sheer cliffs or swiftly-moving rapids, and he in turn supports her with both his might and magic.

Personality:

Fairly grim by nature, Telthor believes in the "law of the jungle"--that is, that the weak serve the strong and are allowed to live. The world is a harsh place, and often one has to be even tougher than the world in order to survive. In fact, if he were to speak longer on the matter, he would explain that the world is like a rock tumbler where each person starts with many edges and weaknesses, and slowly those edges are ground down until nothing remains but smooth surfaces, and that this in truth is the purpose of the world--to test and challenge each person in order for them to get stronger.

A devout believer in Tanagaar, Telthor venerates owls in their every form and strives to do his best to maintain the tenets of his faith, maintaining watchfulness and order to the best of his ability. With that said, his zealousness at times takes him too far in his punishment of those who he thinks have done evil, and sometimes goes to great extent and extreme measures to see his brand of justice through. He takes an especially dim view of poachers and trappers who encroach into land that is not their own. He also has a soft spot for farmers, loggers, and rangers as long as they do not take too much from the forest.

Background:

Telthor never knew his father or mother; all he knew was that he had been taken in by the camp whore of a bandit party as an infant. Perhaps the bandits had raided his home and killed his parents; perhaps they had simply come upon him; perhaps his parents were still out there somewhere. Regardless, Telthor never knew the answer to that, as only five years after he had been taken in, the whore whom he had begun to look upon as his mother died from some sickness. Telthor would have died soon after, had he not been taken in by Zaknon, the leader of the bandits and a monk of Zon-Kuthon, the Midnight Lord.

However, this was not to say that there was any love between the two; Zaknon enjoyed tormenting the young boy, and took great pleasure in torturing both his body and mind, defiling him with a myriad of scars and bruises that left equal wounds on the boy's mind. Zaknon even made lazy attempts to kill the boy time and again, though somehow Telthor always seemed to survive. One night in a drunken stupor, Zaknon even "sold" Telthor for a night, and one of the bandits took Telthor, causing further mental damage that Telthor remembers to this day.

As the years passed, Zaknon became more and more deranged, and took to long nights of drinking. One fell night he went so far as to accuse Telthor of killing his adopted mother, saying it was only his fault that she had died before attacking Telthor in earnest. Telthor succeeded in defending himself, but in his attempts to ward off Zaknon's attacks and stop the man whom he saw as a father figure, Telthor killed the man without meaning to.

Telthor quickly fled the camp, knowing that the other bandits would come upon him and kill him when the deed was found, regardless of the circumstances or intent behind it. He wandered through the wilderness for days, until coming upon a small shrine where he knelt and called for help from any god who would listen. It was then that a tall man with glowing golden eyes came upon him, and spoke for a time. Telthor learned that he had been watched for some time, and that a deity would not only answer his call, but even take him into their fold. And so the man instructed Telthor in the ways of the celestial, teaching Telthor the tongue and augmenting his ascetic abilities with divine ones.

It was months later that Telthor would learn that this was Tanagaar, the Aurulent Eye, but by then he had already subsumed his life into Tanagaar's teachings, and had routed out a number of those who encroached upon the lands of other people, turning up almost miraculously to turn the died of battle and help those that needed it. Still, the depravities of the past feed on his psyche, and Telthor has promised himself that he would never again be placed in the kinds of situations where he had been in the past. Those past traumas still haunt him to this day, and while for the most part he acts in accordance to the empyreal lord's edicts, he has a sadistic streak an inch wide and a league deep that sometimes overtakes him.

List 3 non-sexual things that the character simply will not do. (Serious limits, please don’t put “visit a whorehouse.”)
1. Serve those he deems weaker than himself.
2. Maim an animal and leave it to suffer.
3. Do harm to an owl.

What is the character’s life’s ambition? What drives and motivates him/her?

For the most part, Telthor would like to see himself at the top of the proverbial food chain. He detests the idea of being anyone's "prey", and can be quick to anger if patronized though he has somewhat learned to curb that anger and keep his emotions in check. Beyond that, his ambition is to prove worthy of his empyreal lord to one day have the opportunity to hear his lord's words directly and accept any wisdom he might give.

What do you see his/her role as being within the party?

Telthor will for the most part be a melee damage dealer, while Zara will try to tie down enemies by doing what she does best--constricting them tightly within her coils.

Reactions:

Kess Van Ymir:
I respect Kess for his dedication to the land; he seems to get on well with people, and is there for when a kick in the right throat won't get you where you want to go. Only two things confuse me about the elf; his dedication to fire, and his unwillingness to bond with a companion to watch his back. I would wonder if he had trust issues, but who in this line of work doesn't?

Fiona Smyth:
While her bird remains blissfully silent, Fiona is a linguistic mass murderer, wasting so many words to say nothing, though I might be an exception as most seem to like her natter well enough. But put a sword in her hand, and she becomes an excellent communicator. Better even if you've wronged her or gotten betwixt her and her charge--watch out in that case, because you are not long for this world.

Isabeau 'Beau' Hardensen:
You wouldn't think that someone with such thin arms could do that much damage with a blade, but there you are. Take the blade away though, and things change. Still, even without it, Isabeau's skill at sneaking and magic are potent--though I'm unsure how well I trust the latter. She should also be careful carrying on with few clothes... that kind of thing could tempt a man... *dark chuckle*

Elsibette Taggle:
Those whom we worship are quite close, and that by itself should say enough regardin how I feel about the little woman. From observing her, it seems as though she has a deeper connection with her deity than I do with mine, which sometimes leaves me... *trails off...* One place we disagree on is helping those who need it, as opposed to helping who is right. Fortunately, that disagreement hasn't gone anywhere.

Tamerlin Silverscar:
Not quite all there, if you ask me. Maybe it's got something to do with that brand of magic she wields, or that the power dwells in her veins that makes it go to her head. Either way, there's a thirst there for power, one that could lead her astray. Still, don't say it to her face, or the very breath in your lungs may be changed to boiling acid. And as much as I dislike the magic there, it's been of much help more than once.

Murasaki:
Too many questions about the world. "How does this work?" "Why is that the way it is?" Things are as they are; sometimes that is enough, and you should accept the world for what it is. With that said, her spellbook seems to contain the solution for almost every problem under the sun, something I've been grateful for one more than one occasion. If only she would desist from pretending to perform katas before unleashing her magic...

Blinkin

Well, hello GW, long time no see.

He's a fasenating character, is he a ranger or a druid or something else?
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Ghostwheel

Inquisitor, actually :-D

Though he could probably pass as a ranger.

Blinkin

The animal companion threw me, I didn't think that they could have them. I need to see how many that makes, a couple of more people showing interest, but there should be a decision by the weekend, I think.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Chulanowa

Player’s Name: Chulanowa
Character Name: Elsibette Taggle
Class(es): Cleric of Erastil 5
Race: Halfling
Sex: Female
Physical Description: Elsi is on the tall side for a halfling, nearing three and a half feet. Despite her stature, she seems well-built, with lean muscles earned through a rustic life, and the easy curves of an athletic young woman in her prime. Her skin is a warm, almost coppery brown, complimented by brown, almost black hair that is usually pulled back into a pair of bobbed pigtails at the nape of her neck, Fer face is pretty enough, set with expressive green eyes and a generous mouth, marred by a pink scar that runs from her right eyebrow, across her forehead, and into her hair. When in the field, she dons a suit of well-made chain and leather with all the accessories needed for battle or accessories, but when in "good company" she favors more ladylike attire.

Personality: Elsi is practical and down-to-earth. She tries to keep herself grounded, even when the most fantastical things are happening around her. She's far from dour though, having a good sense of humor and a love of fine meals and companionship. She's uncomfortable in "high society," being a farm girl, but manages to be politic enough to skate by in such situations. She has a strong fondness for animals both wild and domestic, as well as rustic communities - traits which led her to the priesthood of Erastil in the first place.

Background: Elsibette Merrilane Taggle was born in an outlying community of halflings near the Greenmist Forest. It was a typical down-to-earth life, helping her mother in the herb patch while her brothers and father attended the village's carpentry needs. Fairly regularly, Elsi or one of the other children would bring home an injured, ill, or "lost" animal, and the young halfling daughter would do what she could to nurse it back to health, which drew the attention of Meathow Hallistack, the village's priest. He would take Elsi around the village, teaching her the ways of the planting cycle, the animals nearby, and - of course - all about the needs of the village.
   One of the more unfortunate needs of the village was tribute; the Greenmist Forest was home to a particularly irascible tribe of kobolds, who demanded a monthly tithe of foodstuffs and iron... and they had proven powerful enough that the village had no choice but to meet their ever-growing demands. Time and again the halflings had called out to their rulers in the distant cities, but no help was forthcoming. "It's just kobolds," one return letter even read!
   Rescue came in the form of an adventuring band that came to the village en route to one of their goals. When made aware of hte plight the small folk had (and with the promise of gold reward, plus whatever hte kobolds had squirreled away) the adventurers hied off... with Elsi as their guide and caretaker. Though they were a rough, unbound lot, Elsi found an affinity with these tallfolk and their readiness to help others for only what it took to fill their own bellies and tend their wounds. The fight against the Greenmist Kobolds was something of a debacle, but everyone made it out alive if not quite whole. It was a tough decision, but Elsi decided that her village couldn't possibly be the only one out there in need of help. She hugged her parents goodbye, and took on a mission from Meathow to make her "adventuring" palatable to the church, and set off with her new companions into the wider world.

List 3 non-sexual things that the character simply will not do. (Serious limits, please don’t put “visit a whorehouse.”)
1. Elsi would never willingly go back on her word. If some sort of conflict comes up between two parties she's pledged her good name to, she'll almost always break her promise to the more powerful of the two; She believes that the "little people" need her more than the mighty and strong.
2. You hunt for food, not for sport. Certainly not for bounty! Elsi understands that rarely an animal will become a threat, but that is that animal. She would never participate in hunting animals "for fun," or for profit, and would put herself forward to try to prevent such activities.
3. While generally of a "live and let live" mind, Elsi does have a particular loathing for the cults of Lamashtu and Urgrotha, both of which have caused no amount of pain and suffering to the people she's met in her time as an adventurer. Barring some sort of truly immediate greater danger scenario, she will not abide by these things going unchallenged.

Elsi is a bit of an odd duck when it comes to ambition; to her the ideal end point of her career is settling into a nice home, serving as the nucleus around which a community grows. But that seems so far off! She's more focused on the here and now, seeing the small folk - not just halflings, but the lower classes and peasants of all people - safe and well-off.
   Despite her pride in her own sensibility, she does have a few more fanciful things in the back of her head; She'd love to fly with the silver dragons she's heard exist... or just fly, period. Her faith may favor homebodies, but she's wanted to travel to lands far away, to see what they're up to, to see if the Elk Lord is revered differently there. Are the rumors of a Halfling Homeland true? Is it possible to convert the more savage races like goblins to a more civil way of life - and if so, is it wise? Many of these smaller ambitions are more object of curiosity for her, but hey, you never know.

Respond to the below In Character for your proposed character:
   The bartender looked at you over the counter, a mug of ale in his hand and a damp rag in the other. He meets your eyes as he sits the mug down before you, “So,” He says in a rough, gravelly voice, “You think you’re an adventurer?” He points back at a massive skull mounted high on the wall, two long mandibles sticking out from it’s maw… a wide brimmed hat sits on top of it. “Killed that umber… oh… 20 years now, I guess.” He pulled down the color of his shirt to show two scars on either side of his thick neck, “It tried to take a bite out of me, you see.”

Elsi looks from the bartender, to the head. Her brow scrunches up. "What on the green earth is that thing?" She makes a face, her nose crinkling, her tongue poking out in disgust at the buglike thing. Then she takes a swallow of her ale. "I've never met one of those, but," She reaches down, tugging off a boot and tugging her trouser leg up, propping her heel on the bar to show freshly-healed bite wounds on her calf. "This goblin popped out of the dirt, like one of those spiders, you know, and he just started going at my leg like a little terrier!" She laughs, her pigtails bobbing a bit on the back of her shoulders. "I couldn't get him off, and I  was just jumping around yelling about it. it must have been five minutes before that one," she pointed a finger towards Fiona "put a blade through it." She's not bragging... but the tale of the pop-up goblin with the fondness for halfling drumsticks was bound to be good for a laugh. "He had a hat too, that's how I got my new tea kettle."

Elsi is a secondary combatant and "toolbox" spellcaster. Yes I suppose she can cast those cure spells, but she's not your Wand of Cure Light Wounds. She's fairly good at ranged combat as well, using her deity's favored weapon to good effect.
   Outside of combat, Elsi is a sort of "pillar." She always has advice, and it's usually pretty good. Her sensibilities and matter-of-fact manner make her a good option for interacting with commoners and no-bullshit nobles alike (think Ser Davos from Game of Thrones.)

Anything else that you think may help your character get into the game?
   "Chasing bandits" is actually a pretty good hook for her as it stands. Most of the ground work will have to be based around interaction with the rest of the group. To which I have the following ideas...
Kess: Let's get one thing straight; While Erastil and the Green Faith might be similar, they're still very different religions. Clerics and druids are different practitioners. And elves are all weirdos. Even after all the time they've spent together, Elsi isn't quite sure what to make of Kess. She trusts him (mostly - she's secretly paranoid that druids want to revert the whole world to a Forest primeval or something) but is never quite sure how to interact with him. Especially when he turns into a fish or something.

Fiona: Despite the knight's title, Elsi feels something of a kindred spirit with her. Maybe it's her bond with that hawk, or her pledge to protect others, but Elsi feels a firm sort of respect for the taller woman. She's been trying to coax her into the ways of Erastil; Elsi's no preacher though, and isn't so rude as to try to be one. Maybe it's been slow going.

Isabeau: This girl is flighty, impulsive, distractable, and probably some sort of pickpocket or con artist! Elsi respects her skills - so long as those skills aren't used to fleece people who oughtn't be fleeced, but if anyone in the party is prone to causing Elsi long drawn-out sighs, it's Isabeau... And not just because the halfling finds her eyes wandering over to the human when she gets that impulse to sunbathe in the nude. I mean what? I didn't say anything!

Chulanowa

I'm noticing kind of a "frontier / woodsman" vibe we've got going here. A Druid, an upjumped mercenary hunter, a law of hte jungle inquisitor, a peasant farmer cleric, and Isabeau the c-c-c-combo breaker

Grizzly

Player’s Name:  Grizzly
Character Name:  Tamerlin Silverscar
Class(es): Tattooed Sorcerer 5
Race:  Human
Physical Description:

Tamerlin is a slender woman, standing at 5’8”, of average proportion.  She has long dark hair, deep blue eyes and her body is adorned with many bright tattoos.  When in town, Tamerlin favours clothing of a very feminine cut but when she is on a quest more practical garb is what she prefers.  Her hair changes colour, becoming streaked with silver, as she expends more of her magical energy and Tamerlin likes to wear a hood over her hair to avoid drawing attention to it.

Still looking for  a decent image but I'll post one when I find one.

Personality

Tamerlin can be friendly and outgoing at times but she has some difficulty in trusting people that she does not know.  She is especially self-conscious around Elves and their kind, too often being reminded of how she was treated by them in the past.  Magic has become a natural extension of herself and she is not afraid to show off a little.  She has slowly grown more comfortable with her appearance and is not above showing a little skin when she wants to. 

Tamerlin enjoys travelling around and seeing the world in good company.  Her desire to prove herself can make her reckless at times and she carries a few scars of when things have gone too far.

Background:

Tamerlin was born from the brief union of an Elf mother and a human father.  Despite this mixed heritage, she shows little Elven traits, taking more after her father.  Her mother, a Wizard, tried to raise Tamerlin in the mystic arts but such training did not come easily to the girl and it was determined after many failures that she lacked the talent.  The human girl did not fit in with the Elves, often being the object of scorn due to the magical markings on her body, and it was soon decided that she should go and live with her father.

Finding her father was not an easy task for a young girl on her own, but eventually she was reunited with him.  Her father had moved on from the moment of passion with her mother and had started a new family.  The family took Tamerlin in and treated her as less of a curiousity and was more welcome.  At least until her Arcane abilities evidenced themselves.

Initially, Tamerlins magical abilities were difficult to control and she was almost sent tearfully away after nearly burning down a barn with her out of control abilities.  It took some time but she was eventually able to control her abilities, but the harm had been done.  Her new family was not as open as they had been before, often treating her like a fireball that could go off at any moment. 

When Tamerlin was old enough, she left to find her place in the world.  Though it would take some time for her to admit it to herself, she wanted to prove herself as a capable spell caster to her mother and a valuable member of her fathers family.

1.  Tamerlin would not betray anyone that she considers a friend.
2.  She does not like bullies and would not mistreat anyone as such.
3.  She will not easily trust Elves.  This is not to say that she would mistreat them.

Tamerlin is driven by a desire to try and prove herself to her parents.  She wants to master her magic, and grow as powerful as she can, to show her mother that her daughter was not a failure.  She also wants to prove that the distrust her fathers family showed her was unwarranted.  How she is going to do these two things is still up in the air.  Perhaps by becoming an adventurer of some renown…

Tamerlins role would be magical support, buffing or blasting as needed.

The bartender looked at you over the counter, a mug of ale in his hand and a damp rag in the other. He meets your eyes as he sits the mug down before you, “So,” He says in a rough, gravelly voice, “You think you’re an adventurer?” He points back at a massive skull mounted high on the wall, two long mandibles sticking out from it’s maw… a wide brimmed hat sits on top of it. “Killed that umber… oh… 20 years now, I guess.” He pulled down the color of his shirt to show two scars on either side of his thick neck, “It tried to take a bite out of me, you see.”

Tamerlin had noticed the creatures skull when she first sat down at the counter and wondered if there was a story to go along with it.  She no longer had to wonder.  “That’s quite impressive.” She said, flashing a smile.  Having just arrived in town after being on the road for several weeks, Tamerlin found herself thirsty for not only drink but also company.  “Twenty years ago?  You look like you could still fight it today.  Tell me, was it wearing that hat as well?”

Anything else that you think may help your character get into the game?

Perhaps Tamerlin knows of the adventuring company and has been trying to join them.  She would be initially awkward around Beau and Kess, both being half-Elves, and would need some warming up with them.  Her familiar would be a Hawk so that might give her something to connect to Fiona and Telthor.
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

Tagan

Player’s Name: Tagan
Character Name: Murasaki
Class: Wizard
Race: Human
Physical Description: Her usually stern, sharp face, make her seem actually old at first glance, though a closer look reveals a normal young, even pretty face.  She rarely smiles, but when she does it's a nice smile.  She wears tight monk wrappings that show her thin form and dull colors so as not to attract to much attention.  She'll often carry a plain looking quarterstaff, and makes martial poses before a combat.

Personality: Hyper intelligent, she has very little patience with fools with power... often taking it upon herself to remove such from power, even if such power is lawfully theirs.  ((She rarely kills such people, but humiliates them in front of their people.))

On the other hand, she cares deeply for the common folk, and protects their interests above her own.  Often she will slay a dragon or bandit army for no personal gain, if they threaten innocents.

She highly respects competence, in any field, martial, magical, academic, or other, and will befriend such folk if she can.

Background: Daughter of a Wild Mage and a Cleric of the God of Magic, Murasaki found adventure all around her from an early age.  Brought along on several quests as she matured, she found her previously academic life view challenged by the notion that she could aid others with her magical knowledge.

1. Kill an innocent, or helpless individual.
2. Enslave someone or thing, (beyond possibly for a few moments to prevent death in battle.)
3. Torture.

What is the character’s life’s ambition? What drives and motivates him/her?: Knowledge.  Of her world, herself, her limits, and her place.  She has a strong sense of duty to make the world around her better by her presence.

What do you see his/her role as being within the party?: The one who knows the esoteric knowledge everyone is asking about. In battle, she focuses on buffing and crowd control, then direct damage once her party is safer.  She also the Swiss army wizard of 'we have this obstacle, can magic solve it?'  Her answer is usually, 'Yes, let me study my spellbook!'

Conversations
Kess

"Kess?"

Murasaki blushes.  "He's very handsome...." she shakes her head.  "Sorry! I mean, I was astonished at first, by... how much we have in common.  His love for art, especially tatoos, makes me excited for the lovely magic we might craft together later, his knowledge of the natural world and local history may even surpass my own in some areas... he's a delight to talk to.  He surprised me quite a bit with his analytical way of thinking, actually.  I am used to Druids being a bit more... quick to act upon emotion, but really, he's quite... logical!  Though you can tell he feels a great passion for ridding the world of the same sorts of evils I detest.  Really, he's quite a catch..."

Her eyes widen.  "I mean that he's a powerful ally, naturally!" she wanders off then, muttering to herself in disappointed tones, shaking her head.
-

Fiona

Murasaki purses her lips thoughtfully before speaking after a few seconds pause.  "Miss Smythe is a professional, and I find her quite... easy to work with.  Her range of experience leaves little doubt for me when I include her into an unexplained tactical manuever.  Her relationship with Hemingway is more fascinating to me.  I have so far neglected to chose a familiar for myself, but their teamwork has inspired me somewhat to examine that choice again."

She tilts her head slightly.  "Yes.  Highly competent... but a little... fatalistic perhaps?  Her attitude about her future worries me at times.  I hope she finds a better reason to fight than her Cavalier's duty."
-

'Beau'

"Isabuea?" Murasaki smiles wistfully, and shrugs.  "What can I say?  I like her, certainly! Hard not to, when we share so many interests."

She shakes her head slightly.  "I mean, she's really more of a dabbler than a true scholar, but she show so much enthusiasm in it, that it's sort of heartening."

She looks thoughtful, and ticks off points on her fingers.  "She's quite agile, of course... good with a lock or sudden trap, quick on her feet during an ambush too, which is always nice."

She shakes her head slightly.  "I might be worried that her curiosity will someday get us killed... but am I that much different in that respect?" she smiles again, wistfully.  "I DO like her.  I mean, she carries around her own bath tub!  That's... so Beau!"

Her questioner asks another quiet question. Murasaki blinks, as if uncertain how to respond.  "Some people aren't hindered by societies ridiculous 'rules' of decorum.  What does it matter if she's a nudist?  Good for her!"

She whispers as she turns away. 'braver than I am, anyway.'
-

Telthor

Murasaki shudders slightly, then glances around to be certain no one is in hearing range.  "Ugh.  Uh, why do you ask?"

She waits hopefully, but sighs when she sees an answer is wanted. 

She shudders again.  "He's... a bit... creepy.  And not because of Zara.  I like the snake.  It's the man I don't trust."

She shakes her head suddenly, and sighs.  "I'm sorry, that was untrue, and unfair.  I do... trust him, at least his integrity.  He does what he says he will do, and that makes him safe to work with.  And certainly, he is extremely competent!  Almost frighteningly so.  I can work with him professionally on the road, or in battle.  It's after the battle that his callous attitude sometimes... rubs me the wrong way."

She sighs.  "I know he's probably got a tragic past... but it's made him... dark.  Darker than I'm really comfortable with.  Just don't mention it too him, OK?  I don't ever want to meet him in a dark alley."
-

Elsibette

"Elsibette Taggle?" Murasaki immediately gives a warm smile.  "Beyond the cute exterior, is a heart and soul that resonates with my own.  I am not a particularly religious person, but Elsibette's way of presenting her faith resonates with me.  I love spending time with her, on or off the job.  Such a good hearted, open person, one I hope to know for many years to come.  A true friend."

She pauses thoughtfully.  "In battle, we have to coordinate carefully.  We both have many spells, and many tactics for using them, but I find with a little effort, our efforts almost always harmonize very well together.  A real pleasure to work with, and truly a vital member of the team.  Probably the first person I would go to, honestly, if I were having a problem I couldn't figure out on my own."

She smiles misceviously "And she's sexy... which never hurts."
-

Tamerlin

"Tamerlin?" Murasaki muses.  "I know she's a bit older than me, but sometimes I feel like an older sister too her.  Magic... failed her, hurt her.  That's not right.  She should have been sheltered and guided.  I want to give her that, though in many ways it's too late.  Still, I do my best."

She nods slowly.  "Yes... a bit of a wild card, as it were, but sweet underneath it.  An innocent still in some ways, while world weary in others.  I hope any kindness that I show her helps her feel more confident about herself... and less fearful."

Murasaki adds, "Oh in battle?  I know where I stand with her.  These days I always prepare the right spells to mesh with and compliment her.  Easy enough... and she's quite powerful in her limited way.  I hope to help her become more creative with her limited selection of powers,"
-

Murasaki looks up blankly as the bartender places the mug in front of her. She raises one eyebrow as her mentions the Umberhulk skull, in her own head judging the authenticity of the scar with her own knowledge of the beasts.

Outwardly she smiles politely and nods.  "Well done, well done indeed!  Umberhulks are notoriously difficult to handle.  I've never faced one alone, nor would I want to."

She pauses, quirks her head slightly as she pears at the mug again, then taps the edge of it with one long finger.  "I didn't order this ale, however.  Have you no light red wines? Water will do, if nothing better offers."

Blinkin

Grizzly and Tagan, interesting characters. Thanks for submitting them. I'll probably make a decision this weekend, but it'll be a hard one to make!
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Mister Ugly

Since in Blinkin's opening he would like our characters to know each other and have some basis to be working/adventuring together and it might help if we started addressing that aspect.

To elaborate a bit more for Isabeau and how I was planning on playing her, think  mix of Peter Quill and Evelyn O'Connell [from The Mummy Returns]. Feisty, educated, and skilled at what she does including combat. Yet also she would and will probably hum or sing a song while working on a trap or to unlock a door. She might very well sing while dancing around a foe in a battle. She might use 'Ghost Sounds' to add in some merry music as she darts into a fight. [never know how it could distract someone].
This does not mean she is 'flighty'. More like she is well aware of life and is having fun living it.

I could see her off in the mountains tracking down some lead on ruins or a lost treasure. Yes she would sunbath nude at times, often with a book open and quill out writing. Though I said she likes being nude that doesn't mean she is so obsessed she would drop her clothes any chance she got.

Blinkin can we offer ideas on that magic item you are going to give us? example -knowing Beua would get a handy haversack would allow me to get her maybe a wand or 2 and a few other items that can help.

anyway let me know what you all would think would be good connections.

MU
Albert Einstein

ArinTalis

I just hope somebody in the party is my Ward/Target-Of-Bodyguard-Powers. That'll make my life SO MUCH EASIER in terms of class features.

Mister Ugly

Oh Blinkin I have not yet finished my Character sheet for Isabeau and will need to make changes a bit in her background based on the drawback I give her. She may need 3 traits not sure yet. I have to see how it all comes together.

MU
Albert Einstein

Blinkin

It's come to my attention that a couple of people wanted specific items but the 4,000 gp that I gave isn't quite enough to aquire the item and personal effects such as backpacks, bedrolls, rations and so forth. To alieviate this problem, each character will receive an additional 500 GP for gear.

Speaking of gold piece values, I would remind everyone that buying magical armor or weapons would be a waste of coin, unless you wish to enchant one of these items with something like Concealment or Flaming, which is priced at 1 enchantment less than the listed price. Instead of 8,000 for a +1 flaming sword, it's treated as a +1 weapon and would cost 2,000+masterworked item cost.

The item that everyone gets free, from the GM, is an earring of Messages. This item acts like the spell Message, with a 150' range. All of the party members can communicate freely at range simply by whispering. Unless you specifically say that you're turning the item off, it is always active. This should be valued, if I do the math right, at about 2,000 GP and was the gift of a grateful wizard who the party did a task for some time ago. Hense, why everyone needs to be part of the party for a duration of time. I have offered to 2 people, that if everyone foregoes the item, I'll give the  players the additional 1,000 GP that is regularly starting gold for the Automatic Bonus Progression. This is now 500 GP, however, as I just gave everyone 500 GP for equipment.

None of the character sheets need to be completed for a few days at least. At the moment, we have 7 porposed characters and I'll have to decide who gets the 5 slots. Which leads me to the bad news.

As a final step to help me decide what would be the best fit, I would like everyone to offer an IC comment on each of the characters offered. Make it meaningful and thoughtful, please. I would be really disappointed if all I saw would be something like, "Like her, she has nice tits." or "SHe's ok, in a creapy way." I think Chewie (And, I know that I spelled it wrong) has already done this for most of the characters. Think about what your character would think and tell me in an honest IC appraisal. If you're concerned about doing this, you can send it to me in PM.

A final note about equipment, if your character sheet doesn't list it, you don't have it. It's possible, even probable that you'll be able to pick up a lot of stuff fairly quickly, but starting out, it might get a little rough if you don't have clothing for cold weather, something to drink and some food for your bellies. Teamwork (Not necessarily feats) will help everyone and I'll give you time to have a quick discussion on tactics most of the time. I will be using strategy and tactics in encounters, so it may not be a bad idea to think about it.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

National Acrobat

In terms of background, Kess is a free spirit. He's a druid, but not one of the 'plants and animals must reclaim the land' types. He has an affinity for fire, and see's his role as the Green Faith giving him fire in his blood to use as a weapon and a source of magic. He loves nature, and the simplicity of it, and abhors the fast paced 'urban' life. Evil and undead are his main points of dislike, as they have no respect for the natural order of things, and seek to take nature into their own hands (in the form of undead) and they destroy and despoil without regard or consequence.

He likes music, art and history, and loves ruins and finding out what history they have. He likes taking the lessons that nature can provide, and applying them to life. He's laid back in most things, and dislikes clothes, especially shirts and shoes. He loves to fly, and aside from the leopard, Falcon is his favored animal shape.

He's also a tattoo artist, and enjoys discussing artwork, ink and the process with folks.

I like the druid class, but he's not a 'militant' druid by any stretch. Just someone in tune with nature, and aware of how the elements and the seasons can impact life. Simple is better, and he'll spread that message.

ArinTalis

Redid my equipment, because taking a penalty to stealth checks is terrible. I need my lovely mithril breastplate. :) That said, I desperately want to keep that earring of message, because that is a fantastic and valuable magic item that no one should leave home without. Seriously guys, that's just worth every single gold piece.

That said, Fiona's thoughts on the party members. (Subject to change if one of them is named as her Ward/Target she Bodyguards).

Kess: "Druids take everything I know, and go a few steps further holding a kind of bond with the wilderness I could only imagine. Handsome, wise, deadly, Kess is everything you'd expect. Until you find out he's also a historian and can put together a mean tattoo. I've seen his handiwork, it is truly impressive, although I'd likely never have him work on me. It's nothing against him, but personally, I have no real desire to put ink on my body. Beyond that... I have found myself staring at him a bit longer than I should. I have work to do. His elvish form is distracting. He needs to wear shirts more often. Yes, that's the nature of the problem. Shirts, that he needs to wear." She blushes, adjusting her stance. Further inquiry would get a response of "Shirts. He's distracting. We need to maintain discipline on the battlefield." She wouldn't say much else. It seems the knight is a bit internally conflicted about something.

Isabeau: "Deft with a pick, and many other things, the beauty can be a beast if you're on the wrong end of her blade. Her conduct is unbecoming, she is undoubtedly a thief before all else, though I've heard her comment that something 'belonged in a museum' rather than a rather toady man's collection. She has principles, and that is why I count her as a good friend. Every party needs a Beau, someone to be sneakier than the sneaks you'll be going up against, someone to fight trickery with trickery. I just ask that she give me as few details as possible when she goes to work, as it is much easier to lie about something if you honestly have no idea what happened."

Murasaki: "Wizards make me nervous. Murasaki does not. She doesn't run around messing with forces beyond her control, they're very much in her control, of which she can easily remind you. Although she has a tendency to fight for others in ways that could get us in trouble. There's no reason to be worried about her magic, it's her strong code of ethics that, ironically, is the greater danger. If there's one thing I've learned over the years, its that no good comes from fighting the lawful lord of a land, and Murasaki will humiliate one at the drop of a hat if she thinks they've deserved it. Not that a few of them hadn't deserved it, but there's a fine line between the law and our personal feelings. She forgets that. Though Baronet Kessler getting dunked in a vat of horse piss was absolutely glorious!" She giggles as she's reminded of it, stifling it after a moment. "Um... Right. We should avoid such acts. Though, I regret nothing. I confess, I enjoy her company most because she will do the things I am honor bound not to, she can say the things I will not and do what I will not. I would keep her company as long as she would have me."

Tamerlin: "Sorcerers worry me even more than wizards. Wizards, I can understand. For every hour I spend swinging my sword, they spend an hour studying. There is a simple equivalence of time and training, possibly more so for the wizard. But sorcerers just... make things happen. And they practice in the strangest ways. But she tries hard, and she is growing on me. We're not that close at this point, she's very guarded."

Elsibette: "Good things come in small packages. Elsibette is a joy to have in a difficult fight, and I can even appreciate the blessings of her deity. Although, I fear I enjoy the comforts of the city a bit too much to examine them too in depth. As a sidenote: she really needs to come with me to one of the formal balls the nobles hold, she'd be a real hit! Though, she doesn't seem too invested in the idea."

Telthor: "I will confess, I laughed when I first saw that odd weapon of his, the segmented staff with three sections. Who could possibly fight with such an implement? It turns out, Telthor can. And he can do so with some skill. I find him trustworthy and skillful, never to be underestimated. Unfortunately, Zara and Hemmingway despise each other, as is to be expected: a falcon and a snake will always be mortal enemies, though we can keep their hatreds in check as necessary. It concerns me that he is an extremely aggressive warrior. Too aggressive. He does not have the temperament for a cat-and-mouse environment, where the difference between predator and prey changes from moment to moment. Were it not for that, I would prefer to make every journey with him. For now though, we are allies of convenience"

National Acrobat

Fiona: 'Tough as nails, respects nature, and understands how nature and the races can interact. Respects the art I practice, but chooses not to partake, and I can respect that. She stands by her convictions but listens to reason. She gets underestimated regarding her ability to wield weapons and fight toe to toe with bad guys and that's actually entertaining to watch play out sometimes. There's a beautiful young lady under all that steel. A great friend to have on your side.'

Isabeau: 'More of a historian and pursuer of lore than I am, plus she's got some deceptively deft hands. She somehow finds her way into places that I swear were never meant to be entered. I thought I disliked clothes, but I've got nothing on her. Hers seem to somehow come off often. Not that I'm complaining. She's all work though when needed, and she's got a quick mind and cat like reflexes. She's the life of the party, no I'm serious, sometimes when we need a quick answer, she's the difference between life and death. Always positive, which if you're trying be moody and brooding, doesn't work all that well.'

Telthor: 'Focused. Perseverance. Has the aggressive hunter aspect of nature in him, and his companion. Not that I'm complaining, but sometimes a little restraint is good. Still, he is a deadly warrior, and a trustworthy ally. We may not always see eye to eye on how nature and it's hierarchy works, but that is of little importance. I trust him to have my back, and I have his. He despises evil like I do, and is a champion of good. Mostly focus to describe him however. He finds a path, and follows it to it's conclusion.'

Elsibette: 'Pragmatism and warmth come from her, even if she thinks I am weird, or that I'm trying to have nature run wild all over everything. She's a champion of those that cannot defend themselves and sticks up for those who cannot always speak for themselves. She reminds me constantly that as a group of friends, we're a community that moves together. She respects nature, and only takes what is needed, which I respect, and thank her for. I think of her as the conscience of the group, and the glue that keeps our 'community' together.

Tamerlin: 'Tamerlin is the one I have the hardest trouble relating to. I personally didn't have anything to with the way our more elitist and snobby elven brethren treated her, but since I am an elf, I bear some distrust. Still, I respect her, and trust her, and I envy her effortless ability to simply draw magic from her blood and wield it. I admire sorcerers for being able to tap into their inner self and bring forth magic. I don't see her as less of a person because of her mixed heritage, and I treat her like I treat everyone else, as a unique person. Hopefully we'll be able to grow as friends and comrades, and she'll trust me despite my elven-ness.'

Murasaki: 'Ah, Murasaki, the academic, and person who can ruin your day from a distance. She knows a lot of things, and a lot of it is mundane, but she always seems to know what we need to know, at the right time. Her moral stand against evil and undead mirrors mine, and she has my respect in regards to that. Smartest person I know. I am a mere dabbler in academic pursuits compared to her. She'd not always buried in her books like a lot of wizards, and is surprisingly not an introvert. Like Elsibette, she doesn't hesitate to stand up for those who cannot do so on their own. She's got a noble heart.'

'

Chulanowa

I've gotta chop a sheet together. Buuuut it was a 13-hour day at work. So.

Ghostwheel

Charsheet, background, and reactions have been completed and added to application.

Tagan

Kess

"Kess?"

Murasaki blushes.  "He's very handsome...." she shakes her head.  "Sorry! I mean, I was astonished at first, by... how much we have in common.  His love for art, especially tatoos, makes me excited for the lovely magic we might craft together later, his knowledge of the natural world and local history may even surpass my own in some areas... he's a delight to talk to.  He surprised me quite a bit with his analytical way of thinking, actually.  I am used to Druids being a bit more... quick to act upon emotion, but really, he's quite... logical!  Though you can tell he feels a great passion for ridding the world of the same sorts of evils I detest.  Really, he's quite a catch..."

Her eyes widen.  "I mean that he's a powerful ally, naturally!" she wanders off then, muttering to herself in disappointed tones, shaking her head.
-

Fiona

Murasaki purses her lips thoughtfully before speaking after a few seconds pause.  "Miss Smythe is a professional, and I find her quite... easy to work with.  Her range of experience leaves little doubt for me when I include her into an unexplained tactical manuever.  Her relationship with Hemingway is more fascinating to me.  I have so far neglected to chose a familiar for myself, but their teamwork has inspired me somewhat to examine that choice again."

She tilts her head slightly.  "Yes.  Highly competent... but a little... fatalistic perhaps?  Her attitude about her future worries me at times.  I hope she finds a better reason to fight than her Cavalier's duty."
-

'Beau'

"Isabuea?" Murasaki smiles wistfully, and shrugs.  "What can I say?  I like her, certainly! Hard not to, when we share so many interests."

She shakes her head slightly.  "I mean, she's really more of a dabbler than a true scholar, but she show so much enthusiasm in it, that it's sort of heartening."

She looks thoughtful, and ticks off points on her fingers.  "She's quite agile, of course... good with a lock or sudden trap, quick on her feet during an ambush too, which is always nice."

She shakes her head slightly.  "I might be worried that her curiosity will someday get us killed... but am I that much different in that respect?" she smiles again, wistfully.  "I DO like her.  I mean, she carries around her own bath tub!  That's... so Beau!"

Her interlocutor asks another quiet question. Murasaki blinks, as if uncertain how to respond.  "Some people aren't hindered by societies ridiculous 'rules' of decorum.  What does it matter if she's a nudist?  Good for her!"

She whispers as she turns away. 'braver than I am, anyway.'
-

Telthor

Murasaki shudders slightly, then glances around to be certain no one is in hearing range.  "Ugh.  Uh, why do you ask?"

She waits hopefully, but sighs when she sees an answer is wanted. 

She shudders again.  "He's... a bit... creepy.  And not because of Zara.  I like the snake.  It's the man I don't trust."

She shakes her head suddenly, and sighs.  "I'm sorry, that was untrue, and unfair.  I do... trust him, at least his integrity.  He does what he says he will do, and that makes him safe to work with.  And certainly, he is extremely competent!  Almost frighteningly so.  I can work with him professionally on the road, or in battle.  It's after the battle that his callous attitude sometimes... rubs me the wrong way."

She sighs.  "I know he's probably got a tragic past... but it's made him... dark.  Darker than I'm really comfortable with.  Just don't mention it too him, OK?  I don't ever want to meet him in a dark alley."
-

Elsibette

"Elsibette Taggle?" Murasaki immediately gives a warm smile.  "Beyond the cute exterior, is a heart and soul that resonates with my own.  I am not a particularly religious person, but Elsibette's way of presenting her faith resonates with me.  I love spending time with her, on or off the job.  Such a good hearted, open person, one I hope to know for many years to come.  A true friend."

She pauses thoughtfully.  "In battle, we have to coordinate carefully.  We both have many spells, and many tactics for using them, but I find with a little effort, our efforts almost always harmonize very well together.  A real pleasure to work with, and truly a vital member of the team.  Probably the first person I would go to, honestly, if I were having a problem I couldn't figure out on my own."

She smiles misceviously "And she's sexy... which never hurts."
-

Tamerlin

"Tamerlin?" Murasaki muses.  "I know she's a bit older than me, but sometimes I feel like an older sister too her.  Magic... failed her, hurt her.  That's not right.  She should have been sheltered and guided.  I want to give her that, though in many ways it's too late.  Still, I do my best."

She nods slowly.  "Yes... a bit of a wild card, as it were, but sweet underneath it.  An innocent still in some ways, while world weary in others.  I hope any kindness that I show her helps her feel more confident about herself... and less fearful."

Murasaki adds, "Oh in battle?  I know where I stand with her.  These days I always prepare the right spells to mesh with and compliment her.  Easy enough... and she's quite powerful in her limited way.  I hope to help her become more creative with her limited selection of powers,"
-

A note.  The sheet is nearly done... just need to tweak a tiny bit.

Additional note.  Both Fiona and Murasaki seem to have a bit of a crush on Kess.  :) that'll be interesting.

ArinTalis

Mister Ugly

Greaatt!! :o :o one comment about Beau liking to be nude and now she is a nudist. Next thing you know everyone will swear she dances naked on a table top after a few rounds of dwarf ale.

MU
Albert Einstein