Emilie De Ravin

Edward Norton

Kailee O'Sullivan

Thandie Newton - Gabrielle Union

Rashida Jones - Freema Agyeman

Louise Bourgoin

Lyndsy Fanseca

AndLiam Neeson as Michael Kane

In every generation there is a chosen one. She alone will stand against the vampires, the demons, and the forces of darkness. She is the slayer.

OVERVIEW:

The last time I tried to make this RP work, I wasn't direct enough with what I wanted from the game. This time, I will be very specific.

This will be a cannon game with non-cannon characters, aside from Buffy Summers, who I have also re-casted as Emilie De Ravin. I'm hoping that this will help to re-imagine the entire project, creating all kinds of new chemistry between characters. I'm expecting a core-group for Buffy to work with that involves three-to-six different characters that will have no known counterparts from the show. I don't want a genious library with a witchy little sidekick, a heart-throb vampire, and a clownish weakling man to run around and be honest. I'm starting this RP to re-write the television series.

CONSIDERING PLOT: Prior to the start of the RP, Buffy will have experienced everything from the 1992 film. the following spoiler will contain the synopsis of that film, as taken from the Wikipedia page:

1992 film
Buffy Summers (Kristy Swanson) is introduced as a stereotypical cheerleader at Hemery High School in Los Angeles. She is a carefree popular girl whose main concerns are shopping and spending time with her friends. While at school one day, she is approached by a man named Merrick Jamison-Smythe (Donald Sutherland). He informs her that she is The Slayer, or chosen one, and he is a Watcher whose duty it is to guide and train her. She initially refuses to believe his claims, but becomes convinced when he is able to describe a recurring dream of hers in detail. Over the course of her training, she befriends Oliver Pike (Luke Perry), whose best friend has recently become a vampire. Oliver becomes the male equivalent of the traditional "damsel in distress", being rescued by Buffy or Merrick on several occasions. However, their relationship gradually becomes romantic and Oliver becomes her partner in fighting the undead.

After several successful outings, Buffy is drawn into conflict with a local vampire king named Lothos (Rutger Hauer), who has killed a number of past Slayers. Lothos then kills Merrick as well, giving her the motivation she needs to face him in battle. They eventually clash during the middle of the senior dance at Buffy's high school. Through the use of her own unconventional methods, she is able to defeat Lothos and his minions.

I'll be applying the following changes to this film:

-it takes place in 2010, instead of 1992.
-Her parents have become divorced, and Buffy lives with her Dad in Los Angeles, her mother moved to Chicago.
-that is all

From that point, the next logical step for ms. Summers is College. I've decided that Buffy will be attending college at the University of California Los Angeles. So, Buffy Summers is 19. She is the only slayer in the world.

DRAMATIC IRONY
"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" the title on it's own is a joke. And, I want to stress the following to keep the spirit of the character alive:
ADDED LATE (6-30)

-Buffy is very much like the Hulk. She is a strong capable person, and likes to think that she doesn't need a lot of help. She does.
-Buffy is a tiny little Blonde girl that should be the first person to die in every episode. She is not, she is the hero. The typical figure of a strong man should take the role of the damsel in distress.
-All of Buffy's friends live more interesting lives than she does. Aside from slaying, Buffy doesn't have time for anything else. The show centers around her anyway, because she is the source of the issue.
-all characters have the will do right by the world, although Buffy is the only one with the power to succeed. The other's try hard enough to succeed as well, on the regular, in fact. The ability to control ones own destiny is a very crucial theme to the show.
-Buffy is a strong female character, but rather than surrounding Buffy with men that challenge her, she is surrounded by men that admire her, and encourage her to be strong. This is not a rule, only a general theme, and know that if an idea breaks this theme, than it will likely become a leading antagonistic plot device.

CHARACTERS
So! Our cast is coming together. This section was innitially full of suggestions and character styles that would work with this particular story. Now this section outlines what the RP may or may not be missing:

Best Friend # 1 - Female - Often labeled as Buffy's sidekick, this person should be college aged, and slightly capable of combat. She should be as feminine (I.E. sexy, girly, weak, protective, comforting, earthy, etc.) as Buffy is, but completely opposite-world version: the easiest device in this situation is black hair, they used it many times in the show (Cordy, Faith, Kendra, Calendar, Dawn, and Kennedy). But, your imagination is probably supported!

the skeptic - Female - This character will doubt everything that the group comes up with, and likely run to them for help when it's never convenient. As of now, we have a couple characters that are capable of calling out Buffy's shit, but none of them are designed arround it, and that can be fun for the whole group, since most everyone in the group supports Buffy like a daughter.

The villain - You simply can't have a good story without a good villian.
If this appeals to you, be aware that most villains in this world do end up on the pointy end of the stake. People playig vampires and bad guys are expected to die, but do as much damage as they can before going by the wayside.

CONCLUSION:

when considering this game, keep in mind that I am being flexible, but not too flexible. The above character suggestions are only that. Feel free to go where ever you want, just remember that this is a game about surviving vampires. Every good character will be a main concern for Buffy, and every bad character will be on her shit list. This will be less about battling, and looking bad ass. And, it will be more about creating characters that can have fun together, and argue, and debate, and get emotional.

F.A.Q.'s

1) It looks like (Photo is) playing Buffy, is that right?  Will (Photo) be playing other characters too?

ANSWER:  Yes. As It is planned now. I, Photo will be controlling Buffy Summers for the length of the game. There by, not controlling anyone else. However, I am not against the idea of a 'well-buffy-versed' female writer to roll through and play the role. If any girl DOES want to play Buffy Anne Summers, and dethrone me, please deliver me a PM that outlines what Buffy means to you. Consider the application to play Buffy as an essay that outlines your history with the character, which episodes meant something to you, maybe her favorite boyfriend or story arch. did the theme song get you excited? or did it irritate you? Whatever you choose to write about, trust me, I'll read it. But I'm a Whedon freak, and I love to write, so as far as I can see, I am probably the best choice to play Buffy besides Joss himself or my girlfriend from middle school whom I no longer talk to. If I find some one to play Buffy, then I will be playing some one else in the RP, yes.

2) (Does Photo) have a minimum expectation of how often participants should post, and if so, what is it?

ANSWER
Yes. I do, but this is a complicated, answer. Just to set the rules, consider this: two or three posts a week minimum, five a week maximum. It's really about a good balance. That goes for everything, even thinking is important for RP's. Of course, I'll be making exceptions when it comes to those two rules. I'll be stressing more on post quality, then post length or frequency. Writing doesn't need to be lengthy to be good.

3) How much or little explicit sex (does Photo) want the game to have (if you have a preference)?

ANSWER
Sex will be in the game, but likely less than the typical Elliquiy standard. I'd rather have a game that's intended for fun and character experience over smut and character release.

4) How do you want to handle magic in this game? 

ANSWER
Magic will be defined as magical characters enter the game. Any beign is capable of magic in this universe, so it all comes down to if some one wants to do it or not. Kane, our Watcher, he wants to use rituals in his life, there for he is magical. Therefor, whenever Kane does a ritual, something magical will happen. With that being said, there are not many rules when it coems to magic in this RP. Basically, if a spell makes your character even half as powerful as Buffy, it's probably too strong.

5) How long has Buffy been going to UCLA?

ANSWER
One semester, the fall of 2011. Our game will be starting after Christmas break

6) How is Buffy dealing with her destiny?

ANSWER
I don't totally know yet. She is a little bit darker than Sarah Michelle-Gellar's portrayal of the character. Merrick's death is going to have a large impact on her personality. And there are a lot of dominate men around her. Really, we're still at the beginning of the story, so Buff doesn't fully understand what her destiny is yet. We won't know until the end of the RP probably

7) Is (Photo) going to write a rules section?

ANSWER
No. Just respect each other's characters, and each other. It's pretty simple.

8) what's going on with the vampires? are they the same as the show? the movie? or are the twilighted, and re-worked?

ANSWER
So many good questions. This is what the Watcher's Council knows about vampires:

-The Vampyr is older than Man, and they refer to themselves as the old ones.
-Bearing two faces, the Vampyr can blend into human culture, and communicate with the layman. It's other face is designed for feeding, and intimidation.
- The man is dead. The body is host. When some one dies, and rises again, they are not who they were before. They are dead. what stands in their place now is a jest of humanity. It mocks the living with death and pain. And, it only walks with one purpose.
-The vampire may walk and talk like a human. But it is demented, and by using the memories of it's previous occupant, the demon is able to manipulate its surroundings.
-The older a vampire gets, the less it can sustain it's human form, and it begins to look like a demon. This is usually a delight for the monster, proud of it's old age

-The beast will die from a wooden stake to the heart, decapitation, fire, sunlight, and/or mass amounts of holy water. It is preffered if this can all be done at the same time.

This is the only deviation from the show:

-When we slay a vampire, it does NOT dust ball onto the floor. We are playing an adult game. The reason that the vampires dusted on the show was because it was intended for teenagers. Lets get bloody, and mildly graphic, that is unless no one minds.

CHARACTER SHEET

[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Gender[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Brief Background[/b]:
[b]Personality[/b]:
[b]Ambitions[/b]:
[b]Sexual Preference[/b]:
[b]Title[/b]: ~watcher, student, hunter, villain, business owner, etc.~
[b]Details[/b]: ~style of watcher, Collegiate Major/minor, motivation for hunting, inspiration for evil (vampire?), explanation of business, etc.~
[b]Fighting style/tactics[/b]: ~fill this out, even if your character doesn't like to fight, if they had to fight, how would they deal with it?~
[b]Physical Description[/b]: ~A description and a picture is most preferred~
[b]other information[/b]:

Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Photo

More Pictures of the new Buffy

(PC -PHOTO)
Name: Buffy Anne Summers
Brief Background: Buffy Summers loved nothing more than shopping with her friends and talking about boys, and which car they happened to have purchased in the last few weeks or not. She was a Senior in High-school when Merrick Jamison-Smythe appeared in her gymnasium to inform her that destiny had more in store for her than pon-pons and back-flips. She was the slayer, and it was her duty to protect the world of Man from the depths of hell. She struggled with the news, and it took her longer than she would have liked to adjust to this new life. She lost Merrick, her first watcher to a master vampire. graduating school recently, Buffy is a bit conflicted. She wants to take her duty seriously, and serve the Watcher's Council; but she is only a 19 year old girl, and she has other needs that haven't been met in too long: It's been almost the whole Summer, and she still hasn't gone to find new school clothes!
Personality: Buffy is an air-head, and she her worst subject is English. At times she can be difficult to understand, and she puts social structure well before responsibility. Having trouble with the recent seperation of her parents, Buffy clung tight to her father, unable to deal with losing the primary male image in her life so quickly after watching Merrick die in her arms. Life without her mother has caused some strain, but she is doing her best to learn how to cook, and clean up after her unreasonably messy dad. Never having trouble with making friends in the past, Buffy has come to UCLA with the mind to get her life restarted. Keeping her sacred duty hidden is not nearly as important as it should be.
Ambitions: Buffy wishes daily to accidentally destroy the armies of Hell, but she doesn't have a lot of energy to actually go out and get the work done. Currently, she really needs a boyfriend.
Sexual Preference: Straight
Title: The Vampire Slayer
Details: The one and only... yadda yadda.
Fighting Style/tactics: This Will be the gymnast, cheerleader, trained in some Karate buffy, not the Twae Kwon Doe Buffy from the show. It will be up to the watcher, to teach her beyond that. If you watch the movie, Merrick only taught her to fight for two weeks. She will need a lot more help than this, and depending on Mr. Kane's training, Buffy's fighting style will change. She will always be safe and resourceful though, rather than courageous and risky.
Physical Description: Buffy was comfortable being the ideal Blonde of every man's pre-adolescent fantasy. Her breasts are large, and her limbs are perfectly shaped. She's thin, athletic, young, and tightly wound. Aside from having a genuinely foolish look on her face, Buffy is a rather sexual creature.

other information: Favorite color is totally pink

(PC - ELIAS)
Name: Micheal Kane
Brief Background: Micheal was a former military man who joined the watchers when his father died, known for his adventurous attitude he took on a potential slayer job in Africa, he became incredibly skilled in witchdoctor style rituals and magics, and while not nearly as powerful as any witch his vast array of magic rituals are considered unendingly valuable to the council, he also loved and adored his slayer like a daughter which is why when his potential died, from a freak vampire attack his world fell apart and he retreated from the council instead hunting the local vamps with a vengeance, only luck saved him a council team managed to find and extract him. When they ordered him back on duty he was sent to Los Angelas. They expected him to act as support for the watchers in Sunnydale where they expected her to go next due to an increase in dark energy, instead she ended up in Los Angelas, activating Micheal.
Personality: Deep down he is an overly passionate watcher he loves a great deal and cares endlessly however since the death of his last potential he has become withdrawn and darkened, whether Buffy will help him find his passion again or drive him deeper into the abyss is anyones guess.
Ambitions: He wants to keep his slayer safe, he wants to kill the vampire who killed his potential.
Sexual Preference: Bi
Title: Watcher
Details: With military training, and an endless knowledge of African witchdoctor magic, he is a bad ass watcher, his hate for vampires however makes him more hands on than past watchers and he has every intention to fight alongside Buffy whether she likes it or not.
other information: He has purchased a clock tower on the watchers dime and has set it up as the de-facto headquarters of the slayer.

(PC-KCKOLBE)
Name: Eric Caulfield
Brief Background: Eric was born to a rather affluent family, his father a radar engineer for Lockheed Martin, one of the primary Department of Defense contractors.  He took an interest in history before long, particularly ancient myths.  By the time he finished junior high he knew all of the Greek myths, and he continued on to Norse and Egyptian in high school.  He attended UCLA and focused on history and world religions, eventually pursuing a degree in Sociocultural Anthropology.  By 26 he'd earned his PhD, continuing to focus on the role of religions throughout history and narrowing that to the Middle Ages.  Shortly after graduation, he had a book published on the transitions from pagan cultures into modern day Catholicism.  Eric was recognized by the academic community, and his publisher gave him a significant advance for his next book, in which he promised to link the Catholic Church to vampire myths.

Eric had decided his second book would focus on the myths regarding vampires, given their current presence in American pop culture, and a tour of several European and southwest Asian countries was arranged.  He started in Iran, as Persian pottery was the first known record of vampiric depictions.  He then went on to many other countries, discovering several other ancient tales about them.  As he'd hoped, he found a significant lack of records leading up to the 12th century, when they first appeared in Hungary.  Thus far his findings supported his theory that the Catholic church had revived the fears of vampires in order to gain power, and he began investigating sites of attacks and old churches, learning many of the myths surrounding his new topic.  He found scrolls, paintings, stories, and vampires.  The attack killed his tour guide and one other, and Eric barely survived, though many of his notes were left behind.  He had to leave Hungary due to pressure from the host government after having even more of his materials confiscated, and his publisher was devastated when Eric told him he would not be writing the book as planned, though he did not give the real reason why.
He was forced to pay back some of the advance on the second book, and his second book, which remained on the topic of vampires, was not a success.  Though his decision to not say that vampires were real prevented him from losing credibility, he instead was deemed guilty of publishing a book too uninteresting to discuss.  He returned to UCLA as a history professor at a significantly lower salary than he could have had the previous year, and met Buffy during the fall semester.
Personality: Eric is an unhappy man.  His fiancee left him shortly after his return from Europe, stating that he wasn't the same man.  He has progressed from being an atheist into being an avid enemy of the Catholic Church.  While he no longer believes that the Church is responsible for making up stories of vampires, he does believe that modern vampires are the result of experiments conducted by the Catholic Church during the Dark Ages.  He is slightly obsessed with Buffy and it would be difficult to guess how far he'd go to get her.  Even though she irritates him constantly and part of him knows that they aren't right for each other, she is the first woman to make him feel special since his ex, and hands down the hottest woman he has ever been with.

Ambitions: To get Buffy back, to re-earn some of his credibility, and to do what the church has failed to do by killing vampires.
Sexual Preference: Heterosexual
Title: Hunter/Assistant Watcher
Details: Has a decent knowledge of world history and a fairly significant knowledge of religious and vampire lore.  He also has some ability with communications devices and basic combat skills.
Fighting Style: He uses a weapon of his own design, modified from a small double headed hammer.  The grip is wooden, and is sharpened at the base.  Above the head is a small, flat blade.  When brandished upright, it forms the shape of a cross, and has proven effective in earning at least a flinch from his enemies when they see it, as the cross is empowered by his belief in the power of the cross over vampires, for he believes they are weakened by the sign of their creators.  He has no formal training as a fighter, relying on surprise, aggressiveness, and his cross.  He normally attempts to get both himself and the vampire off balance, trusting that with his focus and versatile weapon he is far more likely to have the advantage when neither of them have their footing.
Physical Description: He has a wiry build, with large, veiny forearms that rival his small biceps.  When dressed for battle, he generally wears a loose, long sleeved shirt, and underneath he wears a small, hard shoulder pad to absorb some of the impact from shouldering into someone, or running himself into a wall with his opponent. He also wears a reinforced fingerless glove on his left hand, leaving his right hand bare.

(PC - VERGIL1989)
Name:  Alexandria Smithson.  (Current name.)  True name is Lilith, named after her mother.
Age:  Born a week after the fall of Pompeii.  Even she lost track of her age after a while.  Her current ID says she's 36 however...
Brief Background:  Settling down in LA, at least for now, Alexandria Smithson as she calls herself, opened up a talent agency with the rather vast fortune she had accumulated over centuries.  The true talent she seeks however involves the good side of the magical community. She is able to tell, with some ease, who she can do business with. Free of fear, or them being involved with dark forces due to her own connection to the dark side of the universe.  Still, while it can be a bit difficult to separate her two lives, Alexandria has met a good man recently with a rather unique daughter tagging along behind him.  While she can't keep a monogamous relationship going with anyone, if she was human, Lilith would have definitely considered it all the same.  When she's not acting as her current human counterpart, Lilith often sneaks off to do her own part in stopping whatever evil happens to be trying to destroy the world

Personality:  When acting the part of her succubus half, Lilith can be whatever her current target wishes her to be.  She has two limitations to her power of shifting: she always remains a woman, and she must stay black. It is unknown if these attributes are by choice, or by fate. There are people that don't get whatever she feels would have the best positive effect in getting them into her bed whenever she needs to feed but otherwise, Lilith is a lonely old soul that is tired of being torn in two given her hybrid nature.  Even so, she still knows how to enjoy life and while she's done things she isn't proud of in the least, she balances that side of her with the fact she fights in her own way against the dark forces that threaten the world on a regular daily basis.  Currently she's fallen for a human male and while she can't risk just sleeping with him alone, she does her best to keep him happy since it helps her feel human to some degree, something she needs a lot more than she wishes to admit...ever.
Ambitions:  Other than trying to destroy every evil son of a bitch she can, Lilith just wants to be either a full demon or a normal human instead of stuck in between as she is now.  Being torn in two as she has been hasn't exactly been fun.
Sexual Preference:  Bi.  She can't afford to be picky.
Title: Rival, friendly but most people find it hard to trust a demon, half or otherwise.
Details: While she's able to shape shift into any human female form she can imagine( as long as she has a dark skin tone and is actually female ), Lilith is still part demon and thus is subject to being summoned and bound as a normal demon.  Her half nature also makes it so that while she has vast magical knowledge and reserves to put them to use, she takes longer to recover.  Even so, Lilith isn't one to be trifled with regardless since she's the perfect actress when the need calls for it, able to manipulate her enemies with ease unless they catch onto her true game.
Fighting Style/tactics;  She's not hands on.  Close quarters combat is not her thing at all.  Even so, her magical knowledge is vast and potent to boot, making her a dangerous adversary if she's allowed enough time to prepare the appropriate spells for a given situation and she has the correct components to cast them to begin with.  On top of that, if her enemy doesn't know she's on the side of the humans and the light in general, Lilith is able to 'blend' in with the dark forces and manipulate them as she sees fit, unless they catch onto her true intentions.  Sending them into traps, passing along information to her allies are just two examples of how she's managed to thwart the dark.
Physical Description:
photos
Standing at five foot seven inches normally in either form, Lilith prefers to disguise herself when she's not on the hunt for a fresh bed partner to feed her hunger.  She's disguised herself as any woman a man or woman could possibly imagine, but her tastes change as time goes by.  Currently she's taken to making herself appear as a late 30s black woman with long black raven colored hair and deep sea green, albeit haunted eyes which even she can't perfectly hide all the time when with those she's grown fond of.  Long dexterous fingers, usually well manicured, full cheeks, heart shaped face, and a DD breast size that is not easy to ignore with her currently older figure she favors that leans on the well formed.
other information:  No matter the occasion, Lilith always takes the time to look her best.  It wouldn't do to appear as if she just crawled out of a fresh grave now would it?  She has a vast fortune to her 'name' as well which helps those she trusts which is virtually no one save for the Watchers Council perhaps, and not even all of them either since some simply see her as a demon and nothing more.

(PC - KATIDA DESU)

Name: Lily Kaufman

Brief Background: Lily was born in San Francisco to Angelina Kaufman, a neglectful single mother. She didn't know her biological father and learned little about him from her mother other than than "He's dead and I don't give a shit." Despite her mother's depressive episodes and drunken apathy, Lily still managed to turn out okay. In school, she probably could have been a better student, but with little or no effort, she generally fell into the range of "C's" and a few "B's" to round things out. Her mother was remarried to Dr. Theodore Gifford when Lily was less than a year old. He passed away under mysterious circumstances when Lily was five. Tragedy struck again when she was fifteen and her mother committed suicide. When her mother's personal effects were delivered to her at the foster home, she discovered a journal detailing her mother's schizophrenic rantings about her late husband and how he abused and experimented on her daughter. Lily remembered no such abuse, but decided that even if it was true, she wanted to know no more. It was a blow to entertain the possibility that in addition to her neglectful mother she may have had an abusive father as well, but Lily was determined to rise above this, just as she had the rest of her hardships.

Personality: Despite the tragedy and difficulty of her life thus far, Lily has a serene and sensitive outlook on life that could only come with the discipline and self-awareness of Wing-Chun. She likes to reflect on the good that can come out of tragedies. For example, her mother's death forced her to be placed in state custody until she was 18. It was this circumstance that qualified her for her UCLA scholarship. Though she is attending school on a state-awarded hardship scholarship, she waitresses at Cafe Dulce on some weekends to pick up some extra spending money. A side benefit of of her employment is the discount she gets on her favorite indulgence: Sugary desserts.

Ambition: One of the things that keeps Lily going is her desire to make something of herself and to improve a world that she already knows to be tainted with darkness. What she has yet to grasp is just how deep that darkness goes.

Sexual Preference: Straight. Has been known to crack a joke about how she's just waiting for the right girl...

Title: The College Roommate

Details: Lily is undecided in her major, so far focusing on her liberal arts core-coursework. Her grades are just high enough to safeguard her scholarship, but again, they'd likely be higher if she gave more than two shits.  For the first time in her life, she feels like she could fit in with the popular girls, and rooming with Buffy, the gorgeous cheerleader type, might just make it happen. Still, she spent most of her first semester worrying that with her meager wardrobe and considerably smaller disposable income, she might not be able to keep up with Buffy.

Another picture
Fighting style: Lily has taken self defense classes since she was twelve at the urgent request of her mother, who at this point had added schizophrenia to her list of problems. When she asked why, the only answer she received was, "The world is full of monsters." As it was the only direction her drunkard mother had ever bothered to give her, Lily dove into it wholeheartedly, as if mastering Martial Arts might make her apathetic mother actually give a damn. She kept up with her training even after her mother died as she liked the serenity it granted her in the face of so much sadness. She exercises the art of Wing-Chun quite proficiently. She expresses a preference for empty hand, but, if a weapon is required, she has command of a pair of Chinese butterfly knives.

Physical Description: A supermodel might refer to Lily as flabby, but she has healthy curves and understated muscles. Her love of sweets makes her a bit stockier than she might like, but it could be worse if it wasn't countered by the fact that she has a metabolism that just won't quit. What she lacks in size two appeal, she more than makes up for in a soft grace of movement. This 5'11" slightly rubenesque beauty boasts a healthy size fourteen figure (Damn that freshman 15!) and perky C Cups.

Other info: Had she dug deeper into her mother's journal, or looked more into the life of her dead step-father, Lily may have discovered that her mother's schizophrenic rantings were rather accurate. Her father was a member of a group that you could say considered themselves rivals to the watcher's council. He concerned himself for years with the science and magic of creating a 'synthetic slayer' and spent many hours of research to achieve just that. Dr. Kaufman had found his test subject in Angelina's daughter. Though the process could not be called a success, it was not a complete failure. He died never knowing that he had partially succeeded in imbuing Lily with a dose of the power slayers posses. Mostly due to the fact that this power is only now beginning to manifest.

(PC - ARIBETHAMKIIR)

Name: Alyssa Princeton

Brief Background: Alyssa has known Buffy since grade school.  She was blessed to be the daughter of a doctor with enough sense to practice reconstructive surgery.  Alyssa’s parents hold great expectations for their daughter and only allowed her to attend public school because they were supplementing her education with private tutors.  Due to her home life, Alyssa did all she could during high school to appear normal and average.  She joined the cheer squad, shopped at the mall, and crushed on boys.  She hid her outstanding grades from her friends and pretended to be a B- student.  Alyssa planned to attend college somewhere prestigious, but Prom changed all of that.  She discovered Buffy’s destiny and made an unspoken commitment to her best friend that Alyssa would help in any way she could.

Personality: Alyssa is a fairly intelligent and well balanced girl.  She has a drive that pushes her to get all she can out of life, and she often carries her friends along.  She enjoys having a good time, partying, and gossiping, but maintains her grades and is as responsible as a nineteen year old can be expected to be.  Her personality and upbringing usually float her to the upper social scene and her energy helps solidify her position.  She is extremely loyal to Buffy, knows her secrets, witnessed the events at their high school gym during prom and lived, and while terrified of vampires thinks it’s amazing that Buffy is the Slayer.

Ambitions: Alyssa hopes to be able to help Buffy come to terms with being the Slayer.  Her own goals are to attend college and receive a degree; she just isn’t sure in what field.  She would like to land a stable guy for herself and possibly help Buffy in that department as well, especially since Buffy has a tendency to pick some losers.

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual
Title: Best Friend
Details: Undecided Major, Freshman in college.  Known Buffy since grade school.
Fighting style/tactics: Alyssa knows a good deal of kickboxing, tumbling, and acrobatics, however, she possess the strength of an average nineteen year old female.  She’s more likely to rely on Buffy or someone more trained to do the heavy lifting, and to turn and run if she was actually confronted with a vampire.
Physical Description: Brown curls cascade past her shoulders and frame a youthful visage that still clings to the last tiny bit of baby fat in her cheeks.  Playful, vivid blue, expressive eyes shine with a zest for life.  Her slender body has filled out considerably yet still remains athletically toned from running, dancing, kickboxing, and gymnastics, and long shapely legs complete the package.  Alyssa normally wears hip hugging jeans and a spaghetti strap top, but enjoys dressing for the occasion and isn’t afraid to splurge on a killer dress.
More images

other information: Favorite color is black.

(PC REDEVE)

Name: Louise de Moriève
Brief Background: Louise comes from a long line of vampire investigators, dating back to the late 18th century. What started out as the investigation of the rumor of vampirism with an ancient ancestor turned into a more general endeavor that generation after generation of de Morièves took part in. Both her father and grandfather had also been vampire enthusiasts, and they had passed on the gene to Louise. Grandfather Robert had died whilst on a hunt, her father Jacob had retired when another hunt had left him half-crippled. Louise was then tasked with carrying on the family business.
Louise holds a Master’s degree in European history. As a front, she has worked as a researcher and staff member for several historical foundations, all with the purpose of investigating possible cases of vampirism. She has taken on a research post at UCLA with the purpose of investigating the recent vampire activity in the Southern California area.
Personality: Curious, intuitive, slightly arrogant, driven
Ambitions: Investigate and fight vampires. Preferably also escape with her life and health, unlike her close relatives.
Sexual Preference: straight
Title: vampire investigator and occasional hunter
Details: Fluent in three current and countless dead languages, well-versed in vampire lore and history, trained from an early age in basic hand to hand combat and the use of blades and knives.
Fighting style/tactics: Beyond the wooden stakes to finish the job, her main weapon is her silver rapier, a family heirloom that has been the weapon of choice for a couple of centuries. There is a compartment in the hilt that can be activated to drip holy water onto the blade.
other information: Has been known to hum Serge Gainsbourg songs when nervous.

de Moriève family weapon:

Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

rick957

Hi, I have a quick question or two for you.  I enjoyed reading your game concept, BTW; your understanding of the setting is extremely sophisticated and insightful; I think I learned things from it.  Many people who enjoy the show don't have anywhere near as clear a sense of what makes the characters and setting work.  IMO.

My questions:  1) It looks like you're playing Buffy, is that right?  Will you be playing other characters too?
2) Do you have a minimum expectation of how often participants should post, and if so, what is it?
3) How much or little explicit sex do you want the game to have (if you have a preference)?

Thanks!

Photo

all very good questions.

I'll probably be playing Buffy yes, but really, it will be more like GM spot most of the time. Buffy s such a classic character at this point, that I won't have to write much in order to make her believable. I probably won't be playing very many other characters, maybe an NPC here and there

two or three posts a week minimum, five a week maximum. A good balance is important for RP's I think, of course, exceptions will be made. I'll be stressing more on post quality, then post length or frequency. Writing doesn't need to be lengthy to be good.

Sex will be in the game, but likely less than the typical Elliquiy standard. I'd rather have a game that's intended for fun and character experience over smut and character release.

I do hope you'll involve yourself in the project. It's the only thing that I truly want in the world right now. :)
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Elias

Can I come back in my watcher role please????

Photo

of course. Be sure to fill out the new character sheet, though. I designed this character sheet a little differently than the last one. I was hoping you would come back Elias. I wanted that watchtower badly. :)
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Elias

can you give me the link to attempt 1? I need that CS I didnt save it in word or anything.

Photo

there isn't a link to the old thread anymore. I had deleted months ago. I hope you can still make due. :)
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

kckolbe

Out of curiosity, is there any reason one of the best friends can't instead be a relative?    Also, a tip of the hat for how this is put together.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Elias

Name: Micheal Kane
Brief Background: Micheal was a former military man who joined the watchers when his father died, known for his adventurous attitude he took on a potential slayer job in Africa, he became incredibly skilled in witchdoctor style rituals and magics, and while not nearly as powerful as any witch his vast array of magic rituals are considered unendingly valuable to the council, he also loved and adored his slayer like a daughter which is why when his potential died, from a freak vampire attack his world fell apart and he retreated from the council instead hunting the local vamps with a vengeance, only luck saved him a council team managed to find and extract him. When they ordered him back on duty he was sent to Los Angelas. They expected him to act as support for the watchers in Sunnydale where they expected her to go next due to an increase in dark energy, instead she ended up in Los Angelas, activating Micheal.
Personality: Deep down he is an overly passionate watcher he loves a great deal and cares endlessly however since the death of his last potential he has become withdrawn and darkened, whether Buffy will help him find his passion again or drive him deeper into the abyss is anyones guess.
Ambitions: He wants to keep his slayer safe, he wants to kill the vampire who killed his potential.
Sexual Preference: Bi
Title: Watcher
Fighting style/tactics: Defendu (combination of jujutsu and Western boxing)
Details: With military training, and an endless knowledge of African witchdoctor magic, he is a bad ass watcher, his hate for vampires however makes him more hands on than past watchers and he has every intention to fight alongside Buffy whether she likes it or not.
other information: He has purchased a clock tower on the watchers dime and has set it up as the de-facto headquarters of the slayer.

Photo

@Kckolbe
no, there is no reason that the friends cannot be a relative, it just depends on what relative you're thinking of. Buffy's cousin? or Mr. Kane's son? I think we could allow for anything, even Buffy's older brother or something. I see no reason to re-write Joss Whedon's show. we should not limit ourselves by any means. If you have an idea, throw it on the table and we can hack away at it until it fits. :)

thank you for the compliment. As things are growing larger (already, with some questions that I looked over during the writing of the original post.) I'll probably add a FAQ's section to the first post and a couple other of things. I like to use the OP as the directory for the whole thread. And the second post will probably end up cataloging our characters as they are added.

to anyone new, consider Elias to be the watcher, and his character is just as stable as Giles is from the show.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Starlequin

I've got a character I developed in the back-when that I've been itching to play. With a few mods and alterations, I think he'd be a good fit for the Rival slot.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Vergil1989

Then I guess I can't pull my former character from the old Interest Thread then.  Damn, that sucks lol.  Oh well, it just means I can make a better copy of her is all.  :P  Glad to see this hasn't gone the way of the birds Photo.  I'd be happy to try to get my former Angel ish character going for this again if you'd still have her around of course.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

kckolbe

Admittedly, I did not have anything specific in mind, but I liked that you wanted to break from the Joss Whedon formula (though he is fond of formulaic casting), so I thought of a sidekick tie in to Buffy that wasn't done in the series, a relative.  Given that you aren't as big a fan on incest RP, it may not be the best idea, but figured it was still worth throwing out there.  Ex-boyfriend/childhood crush also come to mind.  I like creating my characters with group input, and fleshing them out through brainstorming, so let me know if any of these appeal to you.

Also, how do you want to handle magic in this game? 
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Photo

@Vergil
my advice to you would be to tone down the old character and use real photos. This game will be set in a mostly realistic world, by that, I mean that the main characters are intended to be very human-like. Nothing much has to change, if i remember correctly. But, bare in ming that every character that gets thrown out here is up for group debate, that includes Buffy. Everyone's input will be crucial to perfecting the character balance.

@Kckolbe
yeah. I'm not looking for an incest game here, lols. Thank you for asking before tossing it in and stuff. An old boyfriend from Emery Highschool might be pretty neat.

@Starlequin
go ahead and show us what you're thinking. We've got a growing community already, don't be shy.

@Elias
are you dead set on THAT photo of Liam? just curious. I like photos :)

Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Vergil1989

You try finding real pics of a succubus sometime lol.  It's not easy.  ;P  But yeah, I can tone things down a bit, no problem.  Are you still of a mind to have her 'ahem', sharing the same bedroom as Buffy's dad?  Just curious lol.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Elias

Quote from: Photo on June 29, 2012, 02:24:03 PM
I like photos :)

You dont say? :P

And yes I love that photo cause I can see the pain in his eyes. Something very fitting for this darker harder watcher.

kckolbe

No problem.  Ya know, given that Buffy is in college, how about someone she met there freshman year?  Maybe he got a "taste" of her and was wanted more since (slightly obsessed).  She's not entirely comfortable with him, since she knows what he wants and doesn't hold the same interest, likely realizing better than he does that they aren't right for each other, but hard to turn down someone offering help against supernatural monsters.  I'd see him as an older type, maybe low-mid thirties.

Thoughts?

Intro Thread

Elias

That would work but doesnt buffy see herself as a loner and is FORCED to accept help?

Photo

@Elias. I'm going to PM you with something, just fyi.

@Vergil
that's the point I was making, we shouldn't need a picture to know that she's a succubus, the character alone will have to define that. I trust that you can pull it off, fine, and yes, her sharing some space with Buffy's father is totally in the realm of possibility.

@Kckolbe
that sounds good. This is her freshmen year, so we will probably pick up at the start of the winter quarter, after she has already had some college experience. I'll PM you about what's on my mind so that we don't confuse everyone else with our conversation.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Vergil1989

Alrighty, not a problem Photo.  Hopefully this time we'll get past the interest thread this time lol.

Photo

I have more confidence than last time. And I'm going to try and be more classy this time around. :)
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Elias

Quote from: Photo on June 29, 2012, 03:14:10 PM
@Elias. I'm going to PM you with something, just fyi.

k... Lookin forward to it.

Raziel

Cool I was looking for the old thread for this the other day in case it was still going.

Photo

To all new recruits, and Elias!!

I added one thing to the Character Sheet. I hope it's not that big of a deal, but it outlines your characters fighting style. I found myself thinking about fight scenes and how they would play out, and it occurred to me how important Buffy's fighting style was, then it occurred to me how important everyone's fighting style was, even if they were weaklings....

so, i added it, a little late. Again, sorry, but if one has not answered that question, please do. :)
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA