[Chronicle of the Black Sun] Diablo Inspired Dark-Fantasy Freeform-Sandbox

Started by Aethyrium, December 29, 2019, 12:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Intimate Ink

Quote from: Xurtan on January 04, 2020, 08:54:11 AM
Some frontliners would definitely not be a bad idea, though obviously there's room for more or less any concept it seems. Ink is working on a support sheet, I think? Paladin/Tank types are fun. :) And I like the transformation gimmick idea! Werewolves in particular are always a treat, but any of the three sounds like it could be a fun addition., imo.

For the sake of being contrary  ;D I think the thought of a vampire kit could be interesting with a blood mage tinge.  I just have some great ultimate image of ripping the blood out of enemies in an aoe, perhaps only to form a blood-shield or have it fall upon their already wounded eviil-ness in the form of a burning rain...  :thinking:

And yes, confirming I'm going with a strong utility-support bent with a prime/forces-damage focus.

Xurtan

Quote from: Intimate Ink on January 04, 2020, 09:10:44 AM
For the sake of being contrary  ;D I think the thought of a vampire kit could be interesting with a blood mage tinge.  I just have some great ultimate image of ripping the blood out of enemies in an aoe, perhaps only to form a blood-shield or have it fall upon their already wounded eviil-ness in the form of a burning rain...  :thinking:

Hey you know me, I'm all for vampires and blood mages. I just had this mental image of what it would be like to snack on an Eternal Dark, and while demons are usually hot I'm not sure these are that type. ;) And yes, I'm aware you're a contrary bitch. *nod*

tobisquestion

Quote from: Intimate Ink on January 04, 2020, 09:10:44 AM
  I just have some great ultimate image of ripping the blood out of enemies in an aoe, perhaps only to form a blood-shield

That's awesome, I DM a D&D campaign where one player is a Blood Arcanist who has a blood shield ability exactly like that!
Character images inspiration: Female - Male

Kimera

Intimate Ink

Quote from: Kimera on January 04, 2020, 09:33:45 AM
You guys not making it easier to decide now :P

At least it sounds like you're not out of character ideas any more.  So we're.. uh.. somewhat helpful....

Maybe. 

I dunno, blame Amarlo.

Aethyrium

Apologies!

Responses will definitely be coming in the next two days, I have wide openness. I have been looking though, and things look good. :)

Xurtan

Amarlo

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Xurtan

Oh, one thing I didn't ask about. Is there going to be advancement of any form, expansion of abilities/more abilities/changing abilities and all that jazz, a la going down the 'tree' in Diablo or other similarly styled games?

TheBlackThrone

A well thought out and detailed world presentation. How can such a RP go ignored? They are very rare these days, and I like the classic fantasy RPG feel. I have an idea already, but I am going to see what is already present and see if it fits or creates an imbalance. So far, I do not think it does.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Godsend

Kimera

Neat. A paladin would be nice beacon in this dark setting  :P

Welll here's some inspirational art I'm considering for my character:
demon

vampire

werewolf/wendigo

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on January 05, 2020, 12:57:52 AM
A well thought out and detailed world presentation. How can such a RP go ignored? They are very rare these days, and I like the classic fantasy RPG feel. I have an idea already, but I am going to see what is already present and see if it fits or creates an imbalance. So far, I do not think it does.

Yay, so good to see you (: I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Aethyrium

I get busy for a day or two, and all sorts of new interest. Welcome to the place friends! I've gotta play catch up on PMs today, but everyone should expect something by end of day today.

Aethyrium

All current submissions and what not have been responded to.

We'll keep this open for a few more days yet as those last sheets get hammered smooth.

Totoro

I'm going for a sort of 'Blood Knight' theme. A Twilight Touched Necromancer but a durable one who fights up close.

xPeachyPuff

My character was accepted :D (check her out!) I'm excited to see what else is brought to the table!

Xurtan

Oh, she looks fun! And hm, makes me want to do an Attire section for my Verse... *ponders*

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Xurtan on January 05, 2020, 06:20:04 PM
Oh, she looks fun! And hm, makes me want to do an Attire section for my Verse... *ponders*

You definitely should! c: And thank you!

Aethyrium

Quote from: Xurtan on January 04, 2020, 09:33:43 PM
Oh, one thing I didn't ask about. Is there going to be advancement of any form, expansion of abilities/more abilities/changing abilities and all that jazz, a la going down the 'tree' in Diablo or other similarly styled games?

Yes there very much will be. Details are still being cooked, but to summarize, characters will find "shards of power" that will upgrade their abilities. It'll look something like this:

Leyshard: add rune ability, spell enhancement
Leystone: major ability upgrade, spell evolution
Demonstone: dark empowerment of a spell
Leyfragment: grants passive abilities
Leycrystal: grants new powers

Amarlo

Quote from: Aethyrium on January 05, 2020, 09:12:55 PM
Yes there very much will be. Details are still being cooked, but to summarize, characters will find "shards of power" that will upgrade their abilities. It'll look something like this:

Leyshard: add rune ability, spell enhancement
Leystone: major ability upgrade, spell evolution
Demonstone: dark empowerment of a spell
Leyfragment: grants passive abilities
Leycrystal: grants new powers

o: Ooooh. Me like!

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

tobisquestion

Silly little question about the age of the elven/half-elven races. You've already specific that they live twice as long as humans, that's clear. My question is, do they 'age' at an equivalent rate?

I'm assuming it's something like, they age the same as humans up to the age of 18, but from thereonin they age at 'half' the rate. So:
- a 70 year old hylir would appear to be the equivalent age of  a human in their early 40s
- 100 y/o hylir looks like a human in their late 50s
- 150 y/o hylir looks like a human aged 93

Or is it more like D&D where they age the same as humans but effectively 'stop' aging at 30 and never look any older? (Lucky swine...)

Amarlo

if I were to take a guess, if they live twice as long as a human I would use this formula.

Hylir Age/2= appeared age in human years

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

tobisquestion

I agree that would be the intuitive answer, but that would also imply young hylir mature at half the rate, so a 24 year old hylir looks like a 12 year old human. and a 30 year old would look like a 15 year old, etc.

And maybe that's the case! The GM will clarify, I'm sure.

My supposed formula would be something more like Hu = 18 + ((Hy-18)÷2), where "Hu" is the appeared human age and "Hy" is the Hylir actual age.

See, doesn't maths make everything more fun?

Amarlo

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Aethyrium

Long story short, Hylir grow until adulthood 18-20ish, then basically cease. They won't start to show their age until about 100, at which point years would start counting normally again. They just retain their prime for a very long time.